• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Evad - RIP <3

RIP Dave/evad

It's been years since i've logged in here, I've not seen Dave since the last time we went to the west indian center in Leeds (one of many times), after which point I lost interest in that scene and moved onto to other things. Still, those times and bluelight glade 07 rain-fest were powerfull experiences and Dave was a constant part of all of them which will never be forgotten by me.

Last msn message from dave from our last conversation in February 2009:

00:59:41 dave: brb found a spliffs worth of weed

:D

The funeral was horrible yet beautiful, all about Dave, nothing religious as it was a humanist ceremony. The minister read out things from me, Dave's sister and brother (who had lots of really funny anecdotes, first funeral I've been to where I laughed and cried at the same time..) and his parents along with quotations from Philip K Dick and Hunter S Thompson, an Allen Ginsberg poem ("Song"), hiphop as we arrived, a song his mum chose from when he was a baby and Goodbye Horses at the end. We then all got very drunk on Thatchers cider and remembered as many good/hilarious/bizarre/wonderful stories as we could, and let off yellow smiley face sky lanterns on the beach which was incredibly beautiful. Then we got even more drunk.

Was a really difficult day, but it definitely went as well as it possibly could and the sheer number of people there who loved Dave was incredible - people couldn't fit into the crematorium, and I know there are so many more people who would have gone if they could. He was so well loved and had so many good friends..

Goodbye baby, I hope we did you proud <3

Effie, it sounds like an absolutely perfect tribute to evad. Thinking of you and yours <3

Sounds like an absolutely fitting tribute n celebration.

Sorry i couldn't be there. Thatchers, goodbye horses, firelanters... Ginsberg poems? He would be right pleased people knew him so well. :)

It was <3

Am completely lost now though. Really don't know what to do, I miss him so much...

Effie, it sounds like an absolutely perfect tribute to evad.

It really was. :)

At one point the humanist made a comment which would have definitely had Dave smirking:

"While Dave could definitely have associated himself with the Beat Generation, he was always very much a part of the wired generation".

At this point I was practically gaping in disbelief. Surely he won't?

Then he continued, "Now not many of you know this, but there wasn't a thing that Dave didn't know about........... personal computers".

Needless to say, I got the wrong end of the stick.

Definitely a perfect tribute though - never walked into a funeral to the theme of rap before. Was an absolute pleasure to meet a few new bluelighters, and reunite with a fair few old ones as well. :)

Rest in peace mate. <3

took me ages to work out this account email and password...

I seriously doubt anyone will remember me. Except maybe felix? and tranced of course since we are RL BUDS. but Ive been reading all the tributes and they're so amazing and lovely and since BL was where I first met Dave and he loved it so much... I wanted to post something except I didn't know my login details anymore. And then I sat up reading all of our hilarious mindless msn conversations last night and found this one form years ago, talking about BL:

dave says: (23:44:45)
funkyalfonzo
seedsies says: (23:44:49)
aww
dave says: (23:44:50)
andythetwig
seedsies says: (23:45:03)
even these names are nostalgic haha
dave says: (23:45:16)
haha did you meet anyone class via bluelight?
seedsies says: (23:46:16)
ermm
seedsies says: (23:46:39)
i was always too shy and felt like a stupid kid to post n stuff
seedsies says: (23:46:55)
but i had fun with them in london and when they had a meetup at the coop :)
dave says: (23:47:01)
hah yeah
dave says: (23:47:06)
were you fat cunt with ms?
seedsies says: (23:47:09)
HAHA
seedsies says: (23:47:10)
YEA
dave says: (23:47:16)
:D
seedsies says: (23:47:18)
and then some one was like "i really dont find that funny"
seedsies says: (23:47:23)
and i was just like :( oh noes
seedsies says: (23:47:26)
and left
seedsies says: (23:47:27)
haha
dave says: (23:47:35)
best username i've ever seeen <3

I could always count on Dave to find really really inappropriate stuff funny, so I managed to log back on with this RIDICULOUSLY OFFENSIVE account just to say that like everyone else I am gonna miss his crack so much, even if we lost touch slightly after he moved to bristol...but i know he was so so happy there with you effie :) And as everyone has already said...he was so kind and caring, it shines through so much in all our msn conversations and everyone's tributes to him of course.
<3 <3 <3 miss you dave

[oh yes and if anyone would remember me it would be with my much more politically correct username: xfillerbunnyx or something which i used for a while]

Last edited:
I remember you. In fact, I was thinking about your username a couple of weeks ago.

Still the best name on Bluelight.

Much <3 to his friends and family.

I will always be around to chat effie, and I know in time we will. Take care and talk to you soon.

Devastated to log in and discover this tragic news.

I too met Dave at the X-Mess bash and remember a really sweet guy who, I'm sure, will be missed by his family and friends, who my thoughts and love go out to <3

I've just logged onto to BL after a few weeks break and I'm honestly gutted to hear this sad new - Knowing how bad I feel, never actually meeting the guy I can only assume how much his loved ones, close friends and family feel.

My heart goes out to each and everyone of them - RIP Dave / Evad, your going to be missed mate.

Love
Bear xx

Raised £1000 for BDP now, huge thank you to everyone who has donated, and to everyone who has posted here. So many posts in this thread, so many people came to the funeral. All this love for you Dave. I just wish it could bring you back somehow.

<3

306837_10150285915741922_507346921_8479451_685029965_n.jpg

Saw that video of the lanterns on Facebook and was very moved. He would of loved that. It looked so fun that I'm going to let one off myself, with his name on.

Haven't been on BL in ages being the summer and all that and really sorry to read the bad news about Evad and now knowing his real name Dave.
Always remembered his username from when I first started on here and always took time to read anything posted by him. May he rest in peace and all the best to those who loved him!!!