• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Error in weighing meth - have I trashed my nervous system now?

Ugh. Honestly I've used meth lots of times and that's still too much for my liking.

A point of meth is waaay too much for me. Less "get really high and have fun" more "I think I'm having a heart attack BRB I gotta throw up now".

But maybe I just am not a meth person.

I haven't used meth in about 3 or 4 years now and if I were gonna use some now I'd probably start off more in the 10-20mg range. But that's just me.

That would probably true for a delicate little flower such as yourself @JessFR as opposed to a 90 kg brick shithouse such as myself.

In any case the rule for meth is you can always take more if you are not high enough. A first time user with no other stimulant experience starting with .01 or .02 is good harm reduction. Even IV users should not go for the rush if it is the very first time they’ve shot stimulants. They need to get a feel for what their levels are just like everybody else who doesn’t want to stroke out or end up overamped in an ER.

I seem to have fried my receptors doing similar, although I was using close to a gram in 24 hours with no tolerance on many occasions.
Have you tried NAC? In highdoses this supplement can really help your "dopamine" get in check again!

Have you tried NAC? In highdoses this supplement can really help your "dopamine" get in check again!
I haven't. I've considered bpc-159, but I'm not sure if say 20 uses of a gram per day mixed with crack 3 times a week for like two years is enough to cause damage. Its been 6 months since I used any serious stimulants other than 2 uses of dextroamphetamine in low doses which made me feel better and didn't seem to make any of the problems worse.

I can’t imagine of even dextroamphetamine. I’d be geeked for hours, I don’t think my mouth would stop moving

Im curious @Atelier3 what do you think is the best method to titrate your dose during a session. Oral, snorted, other?

I’m quite fond of lining my gums with amphetamine. Up in 10 mins and much cleaner than intranasal

I took a look at this supplement when recovering from methamphetamine and could not find any substantive evidence it effects dopamine and undoes tolerance. There is a little bit of evidence that it is effective in ALzheimers patients though which is where the idea might have come from. It also seems to have potential for reducing drug use amongst veterans with PTSD but the research is inconclusive.

With respect, it’s always a good idea to post a link to a quality study when making claims about supplements. But it’s not compulsory.

I can’t imagine of even dextroamphetamine. I’d be geeked for hours, I don’t think my mouth would stop moving

Im curious @Atelier3 what do you think is the best method to titrate your dose during a session. Oral, snorted, other?

I’m quite fond of lining my gums with amphetamine. Up in 10 mins and much cleaner than intranasal

It depends on your ROA @thegreenhand. Oral meth can take 30 minutes or more to come on, so you should not redose sooner than that. How much more should be based on how you are feeling from the first amount. If you feel kind of buzzed but not super high you could double it (for example if you took 0.05 orally and felt fine then 30 minutes later take 0.1 and wait another 30 to see where you are at)

Smoking hits you fully in approximately 5 minutes but can take a little longer. So, I’d wait 15 minutes before reposing. Smoking can overamp you very quickly if you are not careful if you are really huffing away it. For an inexperienced user, take a hit and let the puddle cool and crack back before taking another hit. That gives enough time for you to judge how twacked you are getting. An experienced/ tolerant user can just keep huffing off the pool without it cracking back though.

Plugging the time to come up can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes. So again don’t redose before that. You do get a kind of a rush feeling when you plug if it works.

Snorting. Maybe 10 minutes I think between doses. I’ve never snorted meth myself so I’m not 100 % sure on that one.

Injecting. You know with 2-3 minutes whether you’ve had enough or need to go again. But leave injecting until you already have some tolerance / experience with another ROA. It’s really bad for your body/veins.

I took a look at this supplement when recovering from methamphetamine and could not find any substantive evidence it effects dopamine and undoes tolerance. There is a little bit of evidence that it is effective in ALzheimers patients though which is where the idea might have come from. It also seems to have potential for reducing drug use amongst veterans with PTSD but the research is inconclusive.

With respect, it’s always a good idea to post a link to a quality study when making claims about supplements. But it’s not compulsory.

It depends on your ROA @thegreenhand. Oral meth can take 30 minutes or more to come on, so you should not redose sooner than that. How much more should be based on how you are feeling from the first amount. If you feel kind of buzzed but not super high you could double it (for example if you took 0.05 orally and felt fine then 30 minutes later take 0.1 and wait another 30 to see where you are at)

Smoking hits you fully in approximately 5 minutes but can take a little longer. So, I’d wait 15 minutes before reposing. Smoking can overamp you very quickly if you are not careful if you are really huffing away it. For an inexperienced user, take a hit and let the puddle cool and crack back before taking another hit. That gives enough time for you to judge how twacked you are getting. An experienced/ tolerant user can just keep huffing off the pool without it cracking back though.

Plugging the time to come up can be anywhere from 10-20 minutes. So again don’t redose before that. You do get a kind of a rush feeling when you plug if it works.

Snorting. Maybe 10 minutes I think between doses. I’ve never snorted meth myself so I’m not 100 % sure on that one.

Injecting. You know with 2-3 minutes whether you’ve had enough or need to go again. But leave injecting until you already have some tolerance / experience with another ROA. It’s really bad for your body/veins.
Wow thanks for such a comprehensive answer

at the current moment the only ROAs I would seriously consider are oral and snorting. probably some combination for the two. A moderate swallowed dose of dexamph followed by booster bumps about 1.5 hrs later seems to be the most easy to judge, for me personally

I’m not particularly inclined to seek out meth atm, but I likely wouldn’t pass it up if given the chance. But as always, it’s good to know this sorta thing beforehand

I’m not particularly inclined to seek out meth atm, but I likely wouldn’t pass it up if given the chance. But as always, it’s good to know this sorta thing beforehand

I would advise not to fuck with meth. However people who are very experienced with other amphetamines, especially coming down, probably have a better chance of managing meth.

Most people who totally fuck their lives on meth started with curiosity. It’s hugely addictive, especially for stimulant newbies with no tolerance at all.

If you ever do just want to see what it’s like I recommend buying a single point rather than a gram. I was addicted to it before I was halfway through my first gram bag - and I already had had the experience of being previously addicted to amphetamine sulfate AND cocaine.

I would advise not to fuck with meth. However people who are very experienced with other amphetamines, especially coming down, probably have a better chance of managing meth.

Most people who totally fuck their lives on meth started with curiosity. It’s hugely addictive, especially for stimulant newbies with no tolerance at all.

If you ever do just want to see what it’s like I recommend buying a single point rather than a gram. I was addicted to it before I was halfway through my first gram bag - and I already had had the experience of being previously addicted to amphetamine sulfate AND cocaine.
that is certainly a good idea to only buy a point. i would most definitely start at the 10 mg level, so god knows i don't need 100 doses like that.

what will probably happen is that i continue to occasionally use the pharma amphetamine that is so abundant here. once i'm older and have that nice fully developed 25 yr old brain i have a feeling the druggie in me will want to try many new things, since my brain is "done growing"

but then again, if you asked me two years ago if i thought i'd be doing half the shit i do now - i wouldnt even be able to fathom it

That would probably true for a delicate little flower such as yourself @JessFR as opposed to a 90 kg brick shithouse such as myself.

In any case the rule for meth is you can always take more if you are not high enough. A first time user with no other stimulant experience starting with .01 or .02 is good harm reduction. Even IV users should not go for the rush if it is the very first time they’ve shot stimulants. They need to get a feel for what their levels are just like everybody else who doesn’t want to stroke out or end up overamped in an ER.

I'm sure it's not helped by the fact that my meth tolerance is, and has always been absolutely nothing. I've never used it frequently enough to gain any tolerance at all. So it takes extremely little to have a lot of effect.

Now heroin, I've had some crazy tolerances for that.

Thank christ I don't have the same issue with meth. I can enjoy it from time to time with doses that cost virtually nothing and have no desire to keep using it. If only I could do that with opioids.

If only I could do that with opioids.
If only I could do that with stimulants. Or smack for that matter. I’ve never known that warm glow and the wonderful journey to the land of nod.

I would argue addiction potential is more so a function of underlying cognitive state (electromagnetic integrity of the nervous system), more so than experience with other drugs, per se.

I can personally say after 3 uses, I've never had the remotest semblance of addiction impulse to meth, or any other drug, ever.

I would argue addiction potential is more so a function of underlying cognitive state (electromagnetic integrity of the nervous system), more so than experience with other drugs, per se.

I can personally say after 3 uses, I've never had the remotest semblance of addiction impulse to meth, or any other drug, ever.

Could be so. Get back to me when you've done meth use #4.

Definitely agree Atelier3 (and @Zephyn), I should have posted some sources instantly. I've found most of my info about it in the following topic on DMT-NEXUS, the topic contains a lot of sources and studies which I'm not all going to post here individually. Check out the link:

https://www.dmt-nexus.me/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=36828

One interesting quote specifically about Meth/amphetamine usage:

"In addition to modulating glutamate levels through the cystine–glutamate antiporter, NAC has also been shown to alter Dopamine (DA) release. Following amphetamine treatment to rat striatal slices, NAC has been shown to facilitate vesicular DA release at low doses in striatal neurons and inhibit release at millimolar concentrations.29 In monkeys, NAC has been shown to protect against reductions in DA transporter levels following repeated methamphetamine administration,30 suggesting one mechanism whereby increased DA release was facilitated in the previous study."

Keep in mind dosages are pretty high compared to what you normally find in NAC pills/capsules. The highest I found in my area are 600mg, I had good experiences with taking 5 or 6x600mg once in the morning and once in the evening. For me it helps getting "compulsions" under control and in general to just "get things done" without having to resort to amphetamines or similar stimulants. YMMV

PS - how do ya'll accurately weigh your products?
Buy a lab quality 0.001 gram scale? They're not cheap.
You could weigh out a larger amount and use volumetric flasks to measure out liquid doses and then take them as oral solutions or in gel caps which you've swapped the liquid for meth with a syringe.

You could weigh out a larger amount and use volumetric flasks to measure out liquid doses and then take them as oral solutions or in gel caps which you've swapped the liquid for meth with a syringe.
Meth is very corrosive. I wonder if dissolved meth would eat straight through a gelcap?

Perhaps one of the most brain dead things I have done, maybe ever.

I was weighing meth and mistakenly thought my scale weighed accurate to 0.001 grams.

Where it was in fact, 0.01 grams.

So instead of dosing 20 mg, I dosed 200 mg meth.

I thought it was rather a lot looking at it but, the scales don't lie, right?

Three days I was awake chewing my own jaws off.

I though, "dayum, ADHD patients get this strength!!??" - thinking it was 20 mg.

Pulled my scale out the drawer just now and realized my mistake (dosed the meth last week).

That dose of meth is highly vasoconstrictive and I wasn't able to get an penis erection for some days after, and kind of still can't.
My sex drive seems to have been impacted.

200 mg meth - having never taken it before.
Have I fucked myself long term in any way.

Have I automatically sent my tolerance for the product way high?

Perhaps one of the most brain dead things I have done, maybe ever.

I was weighing meth and mistakenly thought my scale weighed accurate to 0.001 grams.

Where it was in fact, 0.01 grams.

So instead of dosing 20 mg, I dosed 200 mg meth.

I thought it was rather a lot looking at it but, the scales don't lie, right?

Three days I was awake chewing my own jaws off.

I though, "dayum, ADHD patients get this strength!!??" - thinking it was 20 mg.

Pulled my scale out the drawer just now and realized my mistake (dosed the meth last week).

That dose of meth is highly vasoconstrictive and I wasn't able to get an penis erection for some days after, and kind of still can't.
My sex drive seems to have been impacted.

200 mg meth - having never taken it before.
Have I fucked myself long term in any way.

Have I automatically sent my tolerance for the product way high?

1st of all. To those people advocating for scales accurate to .001.....THATS RIDICULOUS. That is a scale that is accurate to 1/1000 of a gram. i have a scale accurate to 1/100th of a gram and if i accidentally breath very lightly on it, it will fluctuate 2or 3 1/100ths of a gram with every light breath. That is accurate enough any possible use. Now on to your overdose.i am sure you killed a ton of D3 dopamine receptors in your brain, but they will return as long as you stay away from stims for a few weeks. i take it you orally ingested it, good thing u didnt inject it. you would still be awake!! iI and others i have known have injected as much as a teener (1.75 grams) several times and have stayed up twice as long as you did. Damage is minimal and temporary. Just dont do any more meth. Long term use can do alot of damage.

Meth is very corrosive. I wonder if dissolved meth would eat straight through a gelcap?
no it wont. but if you swallow a gelcap full of methh your stomach acids will. you will iget a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

I and others i have known have injected as much as a teener (1.75 grams) several times and have stayed up twice as long as you did.
How is that even possible? I mean doesn't your body spazz-out and go nuts? Like I can't see how that's even remotely pleasurable to take that much Meth at once? I would have to go the ER. I would freak the fuck out...