• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Error in weighing meth - have I trashed my nervous system now?

You'll be fine. Nothing that time won't heal.

I was once prescribed desoxyn for ADHD (5mg 4x a day). Even when dosed all at once it felt somewhat sedating and spacey. Seemed less effective than the equivalent of dextroamphetamine.

Doesn't feel adrenergic enough at low doses. It was also hugely expensive as my insurance refused to cover it. Something like $400 for a bottle of 120 pills, which is the equivalent of paying nearly $700 for a gram of meth.
You were once prescribed

Or you once prescribed yourself...

So instead of dosing 20 mg, I dosed 200 mg meth.
Good job you're not a dealer! You'd have some very happy customers! 🤣 Ten for the price of one! Fairer than that you'll not find!

Mind you: with the quality of most shit that seems to be floating around nowadays, at least insofar as the posts on these very forums are concerned, your oversight is probably the more accurate of measures.

doesn't' matter if you have 0.1scale, 0.001scale.or 0.000000000000000001 scale

0.2(00000) will always be 200mg, 0.02(00000) will always be 20mg, it wasn;t the scale that was at fault or even the issue, with all due respect etc
With all due respect! 🤣

Technically you're correct. But the OP will not be the first person to make such a mistake and neither will he be the last.

The above being said:

Not all scales are created equal either. I've seen some that allow for the electronic switching between kg/g/mg and the little indicator showing which mode the piece of shit is in is so small you need a magnifying glass to see it. Easy to make a mistake especially if you're not quite with it.

Worse still: I've seen at least one that, in order to save battery life, powered off automatically. Great idea but for one problem i.e. when you switched it back on again it zeroed itself in spite of there being something loaded on it (and one other reason for it powering off automatically being that if there were a container on the thing that weighed something the scale would start at zero thus enabling you to weigh the actual content excluding the weight of the container) (and which is a great idea or feature unless you're not concentrating or the phone rings).

I'll admit I'm not talking about laboratory grade equipment above. But some of the cheaper stuff is sometimes packed full of possibly unwanted bonus features! 🤣

So to be more precise (no pun intended) (and although I am agreeing with you): "know your scale" would be my advice! :)

I’ve seen some mg scales that will pull the measurement one way or another if sitting close to a mobile phone.

I’ve seen some mg scales that will pull the measurement one way or another if sitting close to a mobile phone.
That I would believe for sure.

For the fun of it I just looked up something. Found one that measures up to 22g in 1µg increments. Special price today: R282 455 ZAR (around $18 830 USD at the current exchange rate give or take). And I'm guessing that's on the cheap side as it's not a name brand either! Useless i.e. cannot even weigh 1kg! 🤣 Mind you. Should be good for your average user. Depends on how accurate you want to be I guess! 🤣

I agree that this is unlikely to cause long term damage. But I just want to point out that those $20 microgram scales are not accurate on lower doses and that if you just want a study aid, dextroamphetamine would be superior IMO. Meth CAN be used as tool but its highly euphoric and libido boosting effects can get in the way. If you get your speed from a reputable seller online I don't think you have to worry about potency. If you're buying off the street then yeah you can get shit, but you shouldn't have to do that.

Nah you'll be good fam just don't make a habit of it.

For reference, this is about 30mg. That will last a newbie all day EASY.

Yeah, it doesn't take much of this stuff...

AEjWnKb.jpg

You'll be fine. Nothing that time won't heal.

I was once prescribed desoxyn for ADHD (5mg 4x a day). Even when dosed all at once it felt somewhat sedating and spacey. Seemed less effective than the equivalent of dextroamphetamine.

Doesn't feel adrenergic enough at low doses. It was also hugely expensive as my insurance refused to cover it. Something like $400 for a bottle of 120 pills, which is the equivalent of paying nearly $700 for a gram of meth.
How did you get Desoxyn? I have had doctors hesitant to even prescribe/refill Dexedrine, and they wanted me to take Adderall, Concerta, etc. instead. I never asked for Desoxyn but I figured since 5-15mg of Dexedrine and Adderall would give me effects that friends would have to take double or triple the amount from that I should stay away from it. I also would sometimes get sedated and tired on the Dexedrine/Adderall and fall asleep on it in class when bored, or have no trouble falling asleep if I took it in the late afternoon or early evening.

I know an older lady who took prescription METHEDRINE back in the 1960s when it was legal and easily available in her country-she said she just went to see a doctor, or into a pharmacy and asked for 'Diet pills" and was given it. She said how prescription grade METHEDRINE made the time fly by, and she kept the weight off even though she was not obese or fat at all; but how even in high doses the METHEDRINE did not feel super strong but I assume this was due to tolerance?

Another friend he took Amphetamines or pharmaceutical grade METH in the late 1960s and early 1970s he said how he and his friends could easily get them from a pharmacy in the central American country they were stationed in, and how taking only 1-3 pills would keep them all awake for about two or almost three days. He said they looked like small Tylenol or Aspirin capsules or like this.

He also said how they were basically this; but the brand was called LA 20s:

How did you get Desoxyn? I have had doctors hesitant to even prescribe/refill Dexedrine, and they wanted me to take Adderall, Concerta, etc. instead. I never asked for Desoxyn but I figured since 5-15mg of Dexedrine and Adderall would give me effects that friends would have to take double or triple the amount from that I should stay away from it. I also would sometimes get sedated and tired on the Dexedrine/Adderall and fall asleep on it in class when bored, or have no trouble falling asleep if I took it in the late afternoon or early evening.

I know an older lady who took prescription METHEDRINE back in the 1960s when it was legal and easily available in her country-she said she just went to see a doctor, or into a pharmacy and asked for 'Diet pills" and was given it. She said how prescription grade METHEDRINE made the time fly by, and she kept the weight off even though she was not obese or fat at all; but how even in high doses the METHEDRINE did not feel super strong but I assume this was due to tolerance?

Another friend he took Amphetamines or pharmaceutical grade METH in the late 1960s and early 1970s he said how he and his friends could easily get them from a pharmacy in the central American country they were stationed in, and how taking only 1-3 pills would keep them all awake for about two or almost three days. He said they looked like small Tylenol or Aspirin capsules or like this.

He also said how they were basically this; but the brand was called LA 20s:

It was my psychiatrists idea actually. Maybe he was trying to be progressive i dont know. Interestingly he prescribed a high dose (the maximum recommended dose), although i had been been on i believe 60mg of adderall at that time.

I thought, damn he's prescribed me meth and I tried to be nonchalant and appear naive.

I was excited to take it but was pretty disappointed. He prescribed 5mg 4x a day but i took it all at once and was underwhelmed. At those doses methamphetamine is sort of calming and sedating. There is this sort of this coldness to it at those doses that is weird. And the price was unreasonable. At our next appointment I said, eh i think ill pass on that one.

Perhaps one of the most brain dead things I have done, maybe ever.

I was weighing meth and mistakenly thought my scale weighed accurate to 0.001 grams.

Where it was in fact, 0.01 grams.

So instead of dosing 20 mg, I dosed 200 mg meth.

I thought it was rather a lot looking at it but, the scales don't lie, right?

Three days I was awake chewing my own jaws off.

I though, "dayum, ADHD patients get this strength!!??" - thinking it was 20 mg.

Pulled my scale out the drawer just now and realized my mistake (dosed the meth last week).

That dose of meth is highly vasoconstrictive and I wasn't able to get an penis erection for some days after, and kind of still can't.
My sex drive seems to have been impacted.

200 mg meth - having never taken it before.
Have I fucked myself long term in any way.

Have I automatically sent my tolerance for the product way high?

PS - how do ya'll accurately weigh your products?
Buy a lab quality 0.001 gram scale? They're not cheap.
On the way to the same destination bro sucks :/

I was excited to take it but was pretty disappointed. He prescribed 5mg 4x a day but i took it all at once and was underwhelmed. At those doses methamphetamine is sort of calming and sedating. There is this sort of this coldness to it at those doses that is weird.
At 20-100MG doses I find Methamphetamine to be divine. Truly the best ADHD Medication I've ever taken in my life, hands-down. What works for me may not work for you, though.

Also, no mention of its neuroprotective properties, eh? I mean Low-Dose Methamphetamine basically makes you smarter, right? I don't think Adderall or Dexedrine affect the brain in nearly the same way?

Last edited:
At 20-100MG doses I find Methamphetamine to be divine. Truly the best ADHD Medication I've ever taken in my life, hands-down. What works for me may not work for you, though.

Also, no mention of its neuroprotective properties, eh? I mean Low-Dose Methamphetamine basically makes you smarter, right? I don't think Adderall or Dexedrine affect the brain in nearly the same way?
Does the street version work pretty similar ish to manufactured shit tho. (Methamphetamine) Deosxn is hard af to get (probable typo)

Does the street version work pretty similar ish to manufactured shit tho. (Methamphetamine) Deosxn is hard af to get (probable typo)
Desoxyn is basically impossible to get ahold of - I have no idea how it differentiates from street meth (well, I could speculate...).

My experience is solely with rather high-grade Street Meth (in low doses). Personally, I've found it to be a brilliant ADHD Medication. It's tough to manage, though, it truly is. It's not for everyone. But when managed correctly I find it to be amazingly beneficial.

You have to ingest teeny, tiny amounts of the stuff. And be careful. Here's my thread on Low-Dosing, you can see where I sort of lost it towards the end (for any number of reasons, not necc due to Meth). Lots of good information in the first few pages, though.

Last edited:
Got muh scale this morning (gotta love amazon prime delivery).

Ultra sensitive.

Haven't weighed any drug on it yet but even just playing around with initial sensitivity it destroys my old scale in accuracy terms.

Here's to no more accidentally dosing 200 mg meth...!

PS - again I hope getting a 0.001 mg weighing scale gets included on any harm reduction stickies (cause I wish it was emphatically illustrated to me before I made just a careless mistake).
A Dr or pharmacist would be hyper vigilant about handing out far less potent drugs at anything less than highly specified doses.
Regardless of intent - all drugs should be treated with no less respect (though I had to fuck up with careless dosing, to actually realize this).

I always had this vision of some flooze at a festival recklessly taking random doses, thus I thought, "it's non prescription, this is how it's done".

That is nothing more than an ugly and destructive stereotype that needs to be addressed as an intrinsic part of harm reduction IMO.

Last edited:
Although opinions vary on this. My view is that a ‘get really high and have a lot of fun dose’ for a new user off meth is 0.05 to 0.10 grams.

Ugh. Honestly I've used meth lots of times and that's still too much for my liking.

A point of meth is waaay too much for me. Less "get really high and have fun" more "I think I'm having a heart attack BRB I gotta throw up now".

But maybe I just am not a meth person.

I haven't used meth in about 3 or 4 years now and if I were gonna use some now I'd probably start off more in the 10-20mg range. But that's just me.

Ugh. Honestly I've used meth lots of times and that's still too much for my liking.

A point of meth is waaay too much for me. Less "get really high and have fun" more "I think I'm having a heart attack BRB I gotta throw up now".

But maybe I just am not a meth person.

I haven't used meth in about 3 or 4 years now and if I were gonna use some now I'd probably start off more in the 10-20mg range. But that's just me.
I need better rc sources shit is freezing me ice cold

Got muh scale this morning (gotta love amazon prime delivery).

Ultra sensitive.

Haven't weighed any drug on it yet but even just playing around with initial sensitivity it destroys my old scale in accuracy terms.

Here's to no more accidentally dosing 200 mg meth...!

PS - again I hope getting a 0.001 mg gets included on any harm reduction stickies (cause I wish it was emphatically illustrated to me before I made just a careless mistake).
A Dr or pharmacist would be hyper vigilant about handing out far less potent drugs at anything less than highly specified doses.
Regardless of intent - all drugs should be treated with no less respect (though I had to fuck up with careless dosing, to actually realize this).

I always had this vision of some flooze at a festival recklessly taking random doses, thus I thought, "it's non prescription, this is how it's done".

That is nothing more than an ugly and destructive stereotype that needs to be addressed as an intrinsic part of harm reduction IMO.
Pics. (with load) or it didn’t happen! :ROFLMAO:

Here's mine (so don't be shy is my point)! 🤣

aYv969W.jpg