• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Error in weighing meth - have I trashed my nervous system now?

JohnBoy2000

Bluelighter
Perhaps one of the most brain dead things I have done, maybe ever.

I was weighing meth and mistakenly thought my scale weighed accurate to 0.001 grams.

Where it was in fact, 0.01 grams.

So instead of dosing 20 mg, I dosed 200 mg meth.

I thought it was rather a lot looking at it but, the scales don't lie, right?

Three days I was awake chewing my own jaws off.

I though, "dayum, ADHD patients get this strength!!??" - thinking it was 20 mg.

Pulled my scale out the drawer just now and realized my mistake (dosed the meth last week).

That dose of meth is highly vasoconstrictive and I wasn't able to get an penis erection for some days after, and kind of still can't.
My sex drive seems to have been impacted.

200 mg meth - having never taken it before.
Have I fucked myself long term in any way.

Have I automatically sent my tolerance for the product way high?

PS - how do ya'll accurately weigh your products?
Buy a lab quality 0.001 gram scale? They're not cheap.

200 mg meth - having never taken it before.
Have I fucked myself long term in any way.
No. While they shouldn't, many people do take such doses. It may take a while to feel 100% though.
PS - how do ya'll accurately weigh your products?
Buy a lab quality 0.001 gram scale? They're not cheap.
Lab quality ones aren't cheap, but you can find milligram scales that will do the job for well under $50 and pretty damn decent ones well under $200. If you can afford drugs, you can afford a scale.

You can buy a miligram scale for under 20$ on amazon, I have one of those and it works perfectly. Obviously don't use it for extremely potent substances where 1-3mg makes a huge different in effects.

You'll be alright but it's not a good idea to take that much without a tolerance. Knowing your tolerance is extremely important with meth, a heavy user might be able to take up to 1g without risking major side effects, the same cannot be said for a newbie.
If you plan on doing meth again I advise you to take a break after your 200mg dose (at least a week, but ideally a couple of weeks).

Yeah, 0.001 gram scale just ordered and on it's way.

I can't believe I made such a reckless oversight.

Obviously I've become biased but as part of harm reduction, a "before you do a single other thing, buy a fucking 0.001 gram accurate weighing scales!!" should be the first instructional step for every drug newbie.

200 mg of fucking meth, three days without sleep, food, working out my massetor muscle non-stop,

bd6.png

Although opinions vary on this. My view is that a ‘get really high and have a lot of fun dose’ for a new user off meth is 0.05 to 0.10 grams. That dose of quality d-meth would keep someone euphoric for a good 12 hours and wide awake for 48 hours, most likely feeling pro-sexual effects for that whole time, though perhaps unable to do anything about it due to vasoconstriction.

So you took between 2 and 4 times a typical party-level dose. It is more than likely you suffered no ill effects provided you did not get dehydrated or overheat. These are two primary contributors to neurotoxicity. However, there are plenty of studies suggesting that the neurotoxic effects leading to cognitive or emotional impairment are temporary even in relatively heavy long-term users. The studies are not really conclusive one way or another.

Basically what I’m saying is you have nothing to worry about other than a hard crash. I typically cannot get an orgasm for 3-4 days after heavy meth use. That functionality will return to eventually.

But I really want to caution you about experimenting with low dose meth. Bluelight is full of people who believed they could do it and failed miserably with extremely dire consequences in their lives. It just does not add anything at lower doses that you cannot get more safely from Rx stimulants that are way less risky.

Magnesium will help with the teeth grinding/ tongue chewing.

But I really want to caution you about experimenting with low dose meth. Bluelight is full of people who believed they could do it and failed miserably with extremely dire consequences in their lives. It just does not add anything at lower doses that you cannot get more safely from Rx stimulants that are way less risky.

Do you mean to say the likes of Adderall?

That's out of my price range to buy legit, but of course I could get speed paste or amphetamine sulphate.

When you say "RX stimulants", your recommendation would be more toward that, I'm inferring?

I had formerly used 20 mg methylphenidate which was okay, but very short lived.

As much to punctuate how important I've realized a more professional approach toward unregulated drug dosing is,

71j0C%2BoZqRL._AC_SX569_.jpg

For anyone in the UK or western europe looking for a scale, this is the one I bought just now.

Most weigh down to 0.001 grams, but their upper limit goes from 20 g to 50 g to 200 grams.
Obviously 20 gram upper limit = a more sensitive scale for lower quantities (according to their reviews at least).

Cheers for the replies so far!

I was freaking out real good there,

1) thinking it may have had neurotoxic ramifications

2) that perhaps I lowered my tolerance to stims long term with such a drastic dose.

Any more perspectives, keep them coming.

Yes. By Rx Stims I mean those prescribed by a doctor. Ritalin, Dexedrine, Adderall whatever, there’ s lots of options that are way safer and more effective than meth.

You may be freaking out partially because meth comedowns often include a great deal of anxiety. It’s very unlikely you’ve done yourself and permanent damage.

You'll be fine. Nothing that time won't heal.

I was once prescribed desoxyn for ADHD (5mg 4x a day). Even when dosed all at once it felt somewhat sedating and spacey. Seemed less effective than the equivalent of dextroamphetamine.

Doesn't feel adrenergic enough at low doses. It was also hugely expensive as my insurance refused to cover it. Something like $400 for a bottle of 120 pills, which is the equivalent of paying nearly $700 for a gram of meth.

Although opinions vary on this. My view is that a ‘get really high and have a lot of fun dose’ for a new user off meth is 0.05 to 0.10 grams. That dose of quality d-meth would keep someone euphoric for a good 12 hours and wide awake for 48 hours, most likely feeling pro-sexual effects for that whole time, though perhaps unable to do anything about it due to vasoconstriction.

So you took between 2 and 4 times a typical party-level dose. It is more than likely you suffered no ill effects provided you did not get dehydrated or overheat. These are two primary contributors to neurotoxicity. However, there are plenty of studies suggesting that the neurotoxic effects leading to cognitive or emotional impairment are temporary even in relatively heavy long-term users. The studies are not really conclusive one way or another.

Basically what I’m saying is you have nothing to worry about other than a hard crash. I typically cannot get an orgasm for 3-4 days after heavy meth use. That functionality will return to eventually.

You'll be fine. Nothing that time won't heal.

I was once prescribed desoxyn for ADHD (5mg 4x a day). Even when dosed all at once it felt somewhat sedating and spacey. Seemed less effective than the equivalent of dextroamphetamine.

Doesn't feel adrenergic enough at low doses. It was also hugely expensive as my insurance refused to cover it. Something like $400 for a bottle of 120 pills, which is the equivalent of paying nearly $700 for a gram of meth.
Just want to +1 these two posts for the OP.

Especially the part about low-dose meth. It seems to still be able to create most of the psychological issues associated with meth abuse, without any of the fun of meth abuse.

I also wouldn't want meth showing up in my system without a good reason, especially when both therapeutic and abuse level dosages of dextroamphetamine (Adderall) can be explained away if you have a prescription for it.

I seem to have fried my receptors doing similar, although I was using close to a gram in 24 hours with no tolerance on many occasions.

Especially the part about low-dose meth. It seems to still be able to create most of the psychological issues associated with meth abuse, without any of the fun of meth abuse.

I also wouldn't want meth showing up in my system without a good reason, especially when both therapeutic and abuse level dosages of dextroamphetamine (Adderall) can be explained away if you have a prescription for it.

Reason I got meth in the first place was cause I was advised that regular amphetamine is mostly crap and that meth would be of higher purity/quality.

I was investigating more so my response to stimulants as study aids etc.

At this point it seems buying regular amphetamine sulphate and performing an acetone wash (which between gathering the paraphernalia and ensuring I get anhydrous acetone - sounds like a huge pain in the ass), but that may be a better route than long'ish term experimentation with low dose meth.

Reason I got meth in the first place was cause I was advised that regular amphetamine is mostly crap and that meth would be of higher purity/quality.

I was investigating more so my response to stimulants as study aids etc.

At this point it seems buying regular amphetamine sulphate and performing an acetone wash (which between gathering the paraphernalia and ensuring I get anhydrous acetone - sounds like a huge pain in the ass), but that may be a better route than long'ish term experimentation with low dose meth.
Absolutely. Also, an acetone wash is very simple, and takes maybe 10 minutes of activity and an hour or so of wait time. You can order the acetone anhydrous easily enough off of Amazon, and @Atelier3 sent me a link for excuses for having the kit around if it is dicovered, let me dig that up.

doesn't' matter if you have 0.1scale, 0.001scale.or 0.000000000000000001 scale

0.2(00000) will always be 200mg, 0.02(00000) will always be 20mg, it wasn;t the scale that was at fault or even the issue, with all due respect etc

Is this the correct acetone?

I think I read somewhere nail polish remover is no bueno?

That's all I could find on amazon uk....?

It’s hard to say. It says 100 % pure but everybody says nail polish remover is not sufficiently anhydrous. Do another search for ‘anhydrous acetone’ there is a brand called The Curated Chemical Collection. Anything labelled anhydrous or reagent grade is what you are after.

People who don't have a previous stimulant habit and are not taking neuroleptics/anti-psychotics or certain antidepressants shouldn't need very high doses to have a good time. Though certain conditions such as bipolar disorder certainly appear to make people more likely to want to abuse stimulants.

Once you've been doing it for a while you're going to need higher doses of course, but taking too much in the beginning can be counterproductive (may increase your tolerance semi-permanently).

Very high doses of meth make you much more likely to experience side effects, specially the more severe ones such as psychosis.

Edit: removed the unnecessary parts that could be misinterpreted

Last edited: