Votes: 3 9.7%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
It was alright - well, I didn't really like it or get affected by it, but that's probably because I didn't just start using drugs and looking around yesterday (and I'm not 16). It was a good movie, though - good production values, good story, decent acting, not overly stylized (surprising) - just no emotional effect on me.

I see what you're saying, but I disagree. The movie blew me away.
Best drug related visuals and cimetography of the effects of so, in a movie ever tbh too. DMT is impossible to pull off, but it got close in a movie sense.

I watched this movie on LSD this week. I almost feel I deserve a medal for finishing it. In the end i was just watching it so i could say i watched it all. It is really downbeat. I liked the visuals but this movie is way too long. I might watch it again one day but not while tripping. The constant strobing kind of gave me a headache.

I heard that Gaspar Noé got the idea for this after trying DMT himself.

Would this be good to watch on MXE? I saw this a few years ago but could be time for replay :)

Probably going against popular opinion here... But i thought it was boring, self-indulgent, and way over stylized. Glad I watched it once to see the camera work, but it was pretty excruciating other than that.

Do y'all really think "Enter the Void" is a good psychedelic movie? -Response 1

Do y'all really think "Enter the Void" is a good psychedelic movie?

could my entire existence be someone smoking DMT at a whorehouse and remembering it and setting my perception slight to the left becuase a policitian is getting his dick sucked and he wants to avoid the mafia all from the point of view that reality could be a thought process of my dad in the process of reproducing me hence the strobing in the beginning becauase we are are all some level of reproduction?

I dont know how well i've ever watched that entire movie. But this is what I got. The scene where everything filters into the hole in the wall makes me shutter periodiocally.

Anyway. thats what i got out of it. Or that starting it at any point makes it make sense. Kind of like "Harvard Man" could take 50 thousand mics because he had access to the right thorazine etc.

as an aside i think theres this place all the time where people are that you could call the void and watching this film gets you on that vibe. I picture a place like in the end of this video

2:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKTbbf4z1PQ|

And this is always going on in everyones mind. And we all meet in this playground sort of. And even the people who know about it can shut it off. And the people who never see it probably don't miss much.

anyway, the thing that blew my mind the most about it was just how much thought was put into it. It was like, the dude who made this, he put so much thought and effort and experience into every second. I dunno. I remember that's what i took away from it..how many thoughts can be had, by how many people, at what intensity. And jump on on the bus if we all are this capable.

I'm going to move this to Film & Television. Please don't make duplicate threads.

I loved this movie. Possibly because I used to live in Tokyo, a city I love, or maybe because of the sibling love theme which spoke to me, or maybe because I have acute DMT envy (a substance I'm finding very elusive to find). I like what you you said about the mind space (for lack of a better word) that comes out in this film. It's hard to summarize and to draw out the salient points because it's so incredibly rich. It's sort of pyscho/spiritual/psychedelic.

Gaspard Noé has or is just about to release a new film BTW. I guess I'll have to check it out.

Thanks for sharing: I actually don't know anyone who has seen *Enter the Void*!

I was disturbed by how shitty this movie was

Indeed.
I mean, psychedelia is difficult to put on screen.
But, the hype surrounding this film is a fucking insult.
I hate to think what people who haven't had acid think it's like based on what they've seen depicted on screen.
It's hard enough for people to make a decent film about a bank robbery, let alone a realistic film about psych drugs. So, film-makers shouldn't take it lightly. DMT is out of this fucking world. This is just a film.

Just watched this one last night. Didn't really follow the story, I'm sure all of the references to the Tibetan Book of the Dead and the snippets of conversations about reincarnation and the afterlife etc all adds up to something, I wasn't paying enough attention.

Visually, it was fucking awesome though. The first/third person viewpoints, the locations and the vivid colour made it interesting enough.

Might watch it again at some point and try to follow it a bit more.

Had this on my IMDb to-watch list for ages. Saving it for a DXM viewing as several people have recommended that to me.
Would it be a better what while on DMT?

On reflection, I'm glad I didn't watch it tripping because some scenes were quite heavy.

My attention span for films is so bad these days for some reason, I don't usually watch movies unless I'm trying to fall asleep, think I'd had some temazepam, still found this interesting enough to watch through.

this is up there with a space odyssey and boogie nights. paz de la huerta , , tokyo.... psychedelics. are you not entertained ? what world are we living in fr. gtfoh if you ain't rockin with noe since * i stand alone

i hit play the second this shit dropped on IFC on demand and had mom askin me did i order this movie ont he cable bill...
vB9B5.gif