• [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 15 48.4%

• Total voters
Wow

I just watched 'Stay' and was blown away by how beautifully filmed the movie was not only visually but the script and dialogue was incredible.

I had heard about this film a while back but had never saw any footage for it, that new trailer looks so powerfully filmed, raw cinema with a touch of beautiful effects.. these are the type's of movies i try to seek out, so i wait in anticipation for it's release :)

edit;

Just watched the 10min effects video, as for someone who's done quite a bit of DMT in the past.. those visuals are the closest rendition ive seen to capturing the moment of hyperspace.

Last edited:
saw a screening of it tonight... err technically last night but whatevs... twas awesome. just what i expected it to be, a long neon-lit, psychedelic graphic visual feast.

i read a lot of people saying how its way too long (157 minute) i can understand why some would say this but personally being a fan of gaspar its a pleasure to watch, cause i respect the dude so much i would hate to watch a shorter trimmed version just to please studio execs. gimmie that shit raw and unedited yadadamean

also obvs it would be awesome to watch while trippin but being in a theater for 3 hours i decided to sip that purple drank (codeine/sprite) and puffed a couple blunts before going in. shit was awwweeeeesome lol wouldn't of cared if it was 4 hours. but yea once the movie was ended i definitely felt it was an "experience"

I'm waiting for the french dvd coming on the 1st of December, with a "version longue" of 176mn.

I'm going to the cinema to watch it tomorrow, seems the UK version has been butchered to 137 minutes 8o

^ 137 minutes? Besides, they can't tell the excuse of the pal speed-up, UK being pal too.

NSFW:
etvcredits.jpg

SFW but long... or should i say tall pic ? i made it a wallpaper earlier while i was waiting for it to be released onDemand, that's right motherfuckers its onDemand. movies > new releases > IFC in Theaters

Enter the void?

Hey just wondering has anyone seen "Enter the void"? Its a new Gaspar Noe movie with a lot of content based around psychedelic imagery and apparently very "DMT-esque" visuals etc.

I tried to download it but it turned out to be a fake when i tried playing it :p

Tierney

I just watched this, there's a few real release's of it around now..

It was by far the most unusual, intense, 'full on' film i have ever seen, absolutely stunning visuals.. i would really like to watch it again in HD. This film pushed all boundaries, it was shocking and amazing.. the way it's filmed scene for scene would fit like gel with any psychedelic, it draws you in on a very personal level, i think some scenes would be pretty unbelievably intense while tripping.

It seems to touch on concepts that i imagine would be very uncomfortable for a lot of people.

It's definitely not for everyone, but i really enjoyed it. :)

Saw this last night. I think visually the film is amazing and it captures many aspects of the psychedelic headspace remarkably well. Unfortunately it's really a style over substance kind of movie. It aims to shock and entrance rather than engage conceptually. If you like your psychedelic flicks like Videodrome, you'll probably like this. If you're more into something like Jodorowsky, you might not. The DMT trip in the beginning of the moive is about as close it ever gets to capturing any hint of the sacred. Everything after is 2 and half hours of disjointed Freudian nihilism.

I have watched it this morning. I cannot begin to describe this. Usually films have a dissociating and disembodying effect, like I just gave up real life for a couple of hours to entertain myself with a simulation what life could be. ENTER THE VOID was not like this. Watching it made me feel more alive, more sensual, and most importantly more comfortable with death. I don't even want to call it a film. A signal maybe. I see it as a signal to reach us and help prepare us for death. You could say that I consider this movie true. Not based on truth, but true itself.

Unfortunately it's really a style over substance kind of movie. It aims to shock and entrance rather than engage conceptually.
I'm troubled by the implication here that something has to be conceptually stimulating in order to qualify for "substance". If this film wanted to reach one on an intellectual level, it would not at all be what it is. This film might be best treated as an experience in an of itself, not as a reflection on experience. Style had nothing to do with it for me. It does shock, but it does not shock senselessly. It shocks because it recreates the trauma it explores. It does entrance, but death is a trance state. I feel these are necessary provocations.

Everything after is 2 and half hours of disjointed Freudian nihilism.
Err, uh, Nihilism? That's lost on me. I witnessed an experience that cared and felt compassion for every detail, that left me with a feeling of exuberance, alertness, and acceptance. And the film is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more Jungian, Freud never got as far as that film did.

Don't interpret this as an attack by any means. I'm sincerely fascinated with how others can get such a drastically different impression out of this movie.

I'm troubled by the implication here that something has to be conceptually stimulating in order to qualify for "substance". If this film wanted to reach one on an intellectual level, it would not at all be what it is. This film might be best treated as an experience in an of itself, not as a reflection on experience. Style had nothing to do with it for me. It does shock, but it does not shock senselessly. It shocks because it recreates the trauma it explores. It does entrance, but death is a trance state. I feel these are necessary provocations.

Well, you've got me there. Still, I think for a film to have substance it ought to make one reflect. After the experience is over, after you've been traumatized and entranced, have you got something to show for it, or was it just a ride? For me it was just a ride. It is certainly worth watching but it doesn't live up to the hype of profundity.

Err, uh, Nihilism? That's lost on me. I witnessed an experience that cared and felt compassion for every detail, that left me with a feeling of exuberance, alertness, and acceptance. And the film is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more Jungian, Freud never got as far as that film did.

Spoilers:
NSFW:

Well, I say it's pretty clearly Freudian because it spends more time on fucking than on any other aspect of human experience. And then, what has it to say about all that fucking?

The protagonist is fucking his friend's mother. His betrayal and death is directly caused by his inability to keep his dick in his pants. His sister is fucking her sleazy boss. There is an obvious incestuous element in the brother-sister relationship: though she is sexually provocative toward him, while he pretends indifference, one of the first things he does after "dying" is to realize the incest in fantasy. Everywhere in the film, sex is presented entirely in it's dimension as stupid drive, the "void" of the primate subverting the facade of the human, never in the context of a real relationship, and never in its transcendental potential.

As for the trauma, sure there is the trauma. But there is no context to it. If this was a Jungian film, if this was not a nihilistic film, the trauma would be the lead transmuted by narrative into gold. It would be the other side of redemption. But there is no narrative, no healing, no redemption. There is plenty of lead, but where is the gold? And this is the whole point of the movie. People who think the "void" of the title refers to the "void" between life and death are reading it all wrong. The "void" is the human experience itself. This is not a film about a soul traversing the afterlife. This is a film about a guy hallucinating as he dies after being shot (recall that Strassman's theory about DMT being released at the moment of death is explicitly mentioned). It is about the tension between the human desire for meaning and the stupid, cyclical, traumatic experience of reality itself.

Im beginning to question. Did you see this film in Seattle? Supposedly the Seattle shows was missing its final reel and it ended on a much more downtrodden note.
NSFW:
supposedly in Seattle it ended at the abortion scene, a horrible note to have ended that experience on!

NSFW:
Well, I say it's pretty clearly Freudian because it spends more time on fucking than on any other aspect of human experience. And then, what has it to say about all that fucking?
NSFW:
It spends an equal amount of time on death, probably moreso considering the overarching Thanatotic mood.

NSFW:
The protagonist is fucking his friend's mother. His betrayal and death is directly caused by his inability to keep his dick in his pants.
NSFW:
I didn't observe that he was culpable for his death at all (except for maybe the idiocy of saying he had a gun). The film felt like what death is -- nonselective and brutal. If I had felt that was the point they were making, I wouldn't have liked it either.

NSFW:
There is an obvious incestuous element in the brother-sister relationship: though she is sexually provocative toward him, while he pretends indifference, one of the first things he does after "dying" is to realize the incest in fantasy.
NSFW:
The incestuous element is there but I interpreted the "fantasy" as being more absorbed in the facelessness of death -- mother bleeding into sister bleeding into previous mates bleeding back into sister back into mother. Those personal groundings dissolve in the death state and become indistinguishable, that's what I saw. I feel this way in trips often -- the element of deep personal/physical connection becomes obscured beyond the people they're toward and becomes just the essence of deep connection in and of itself.

NSFW:
Everywhere in the film, sex is presented entirely in it's dimension as stupid drive, the "void" of the primate subverting the facade of the human, never in the context of a real relationship, and never in its transcendental potential.
NSFW:
The whole Love Hotel scene, with the emanating uncoiling light-tendrils that just screamed svadisthana energy? especially with Alex and Linda together, how was that not the transcendental potential of sex being displayed?

NSFW:
As for the trauma, sure there is the trauma. But there is no context to it. If this was a Jungian film, if this was not a nihilistic film, the trauma would be the lead transmuted by narrative into gold. It would be the other side of redemption. But there is no narrative, no healing, no redemption.
NSFW:
But I feel like it did do just that. I felt like the journey was complete in Oscar's place, and even moreso in the audience's place. How would you feel about the movie if you the person watching it was actually what the film was about, not just Oscar?

NSFW:
It is about the tension between the human desire for meaning and the stupid, cyclical, traumatic experience of reality itself.
I recall a quote, "The only thing that makes reality is death." I didn't feel the human desire for meaning in this movie. It was senses, thumos, visceral impact. I feel overintellectualization can be dissociating often -- not to imply that increasing dimensions of understanding don't also increase the dimensions of feeling -- but either way I feel like you've over-dissected a bit. Like trying to dissect a Lynch movie -- if you're spending your time trying to figure out what its about, than you've already missed the point.

Still, I think for a film to have substance it ought to make one reflect.
I agree with this, in fact that's the very reason I didn't like The Road, it just didn't give me space to interpret. But I wouldn't say that about Enter the Void. Enter the Void, simply put, reached me wholly, all of my senses and emotions, and afterward I felt more engaged in life. I respect your opinion but just because its not drenched with Mythic/psychedelic grandiosity doesn't mean it abandons the sacred. Sometimes the "stupid, cyclical, traumatic experience of reality itself" is sacred.

this sounds really interesting. i'm gonna watch very soon and report back with my opinion

I saw it, it was good. I was coming down from a tab of LSD at the time, I'm glad I wasn't peaking because the movie was way too dark and depressing. I've only smoked DMT once and it didn't work out too well but isn't he smoking DMT totally wrong in the movie? He loads up a weed/tobacco pipe with straight DMT and torches the shit out out of it. I thought DMT was meant to be vaporized.

Saw this movie today. Truly terrifying, excrutiating and self indulgent.
Gotta be seen to be believed.

Thought it went on a bit for all there was to the story. Wrecked my head trying to remember where I knew the leads sister from:)

Good bless IMDB

I thought this movie was one of the most visionary movies i have seen in a long time.

Know that what your getting yourself into, it not going to be a pleasant experience.... Its not one for a date night, or anything of the sort.... This movie is graphic, full on, and to be pretty honest, a little bit unnerving interpretation of the experience of retrospection upon death and life.

As drug users, many of us will see a little or a lot of ourselves in Oscar in the first 20 minutes of the film showing him actually living.... A pretty awesome view of the space of DMT, and then our protagonist goes on a drug deal, police raid, he gets shot and then your just along for the ride from the perspective of his soul.

This is pretty much what i think death will be like...

I think the DMT trip in the beginning is just to hint at the similarities in a DMT trip and dying. Why else do we seek psychedelics, or at least those of us who take the experiences farther than most? High doses of powerful psychedelics is pretty much as close as one can come to it without being in any danger of actually dying.

I hope death to be as interesting as the guy's from enter the void... It would seem kind of a let down to simply be hurled into the empty abyss.

I watched the full version today.. I'm still stunned, this was utterly epic. I have more experience with DPT than NN, and the death experience related to that so much it gave me chills. I'm also a fan of the book of the dead, I need to re-read, I'm sure the different colored lights had some significance.

I gotta buy this one. My final project in creative writing was similar, a person dying and flying through and reviewing their life. This is like the movie I wish I could have been a part of making. Beautiful.

n yeah.. can't recommend you watch this for the first time tripping- if not only because there are parts that are extra disturbing, than because it would be hard to follow. I could see diving into this maybe now that I've seen it.. I wanna buy a copy though if it's out here, I wanna write for a screening in my area damn that was a trip.

Fuck the Police

OH, and Amazon has it listed as coming out on DVD in the US on the 25th of this month. Their run time is 160 minutes, IMDB listed at 161- either they are lazy and rounded, or they cut ONE scene and I know in our country what that scene would be..

Last edited:
i just bought it, so fucking amazing. Its true art, just taking simle concepts and fully realizing them.