• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ENERGY DRINKS ~ Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster

Monster is the best tasting one out there-hands down period. Tastes like a not so sweet flavored spring water-IMHO.=D

Yes, today I drank a 22 oz. NOS energy drink...75 grams of sugar, 350 mg of caffeine, 2.7 g Taurine, and a lot of other shit. Take Chromium picolinate to offset the inevitable insulin tolerance that comes from such massive quantities of refined sugar, bleh.

The best energy drink for me is raw carrot and ginger juice fresh from my juicer every morning!

/\ I must start using my juicer again. I'm such a lazy git!

Just watch out for any that contain sodium or potassium benzoate.
Sodium or Potassium Benzoate+Ascorbic Acid=Benzene(A very fun carcinogen)

Monster & Nos is what i've tried.

pretty sure theres heart problems coming with regular use of energy drinks.
they're unhealthy.

Dang, just got done readin up on Benzene, good ole wikipedia. Thats some bad stuff, not really a fun Carcinogen, pretty dangerous. Look up Benzene in soft drinks, very very interesting. Lets just say im not drinkin orange soda anymore.:\

I had 72 cans of sunkist and was drinking one while reading the article on wiki.

wtf. sunkist is ORANGE JUICE man. >_> not energy drinks..then again..i'm fucked..so uhh. disregard this comment if I'm wrong and you didnt think sunkist was an energy drink.

soooooo 72 throughout your lifetime? or 72 in one sitting, cause thats hard to bellive, and if soo, you should check your Benzene levels, lol.

3 boxes, 24 per box
had an additional can out while reading the article after having looked at the ingredients on the can.

mzzmuaa said:
3 boxes, 24 per box
had an additional can out while reading the article after having looked at the ingredients on the can.

Damn you really SHOULD check your benzene levels! I thought One Monster per day was bad..

damned stoned slackers, I'm not saying that I drank 6.87 gallons of sunkist in one sitting! I'm basically saying that 72 cans went down the drain after having read the article.
:)

EDIT: How do you check your benzene levels anyways? And what's the half life of benzene?

Lo-carb Monster & Sugar free No-Fear ftw

For some reason the regular No-Fear tastes like ass but the sugar free is very very good.

A cheaper substitute to energy drinks is some B-vitamin supplements and a few cups of coffee, works almost as good and a fraction of the price.

Crazeee said:
Really ? I tried at least 6 brands and they all taste like shit AKA they taste like Taurine no matter how much sugar and other stuff they cram in them. And the funniest thing is, I never got any energy boost from any of them. So bleh...

Yea all energy drinks taste like ass. But not monster! I sometimes wish that monster didnt have all the energy shit and only the taste. I love the taste and that is the only reason i buy them. After prolong use, I start to notice the energy rush better and know what to look for. Before, I didn't think they were doing anything. They are..

Haven't you seen Jackie Chan eat genseng root??

grammarcontrol said:
in regards to Redline: at 120 lbs I chugged one on an empty stomach. it was during my lunch break my freshman year in high school. needless to say, my eyes became startlingly bloodshot (everyone thought I was high), I broke out in a cold sweat, I shook like a crackhead, couldn't eat the rest of the day, and couldn't sleep that night. I might be sensitive/have a low tolerance to caffeine but still..
I believe Redline is unnecessary and going overboard. I also agree that the majority of energy drinks are worthless in terms of health benefits but are fine in moderation. I try to drink one a week or less. my local Shell gas station sells these energy drinks for $0.99 called CL-ONE. they're just like Redbull but cheap!

redline is more a weight loss supplement than an energy drink. I personally do not think that they should be sold at convenience stores. READ THE DIRECTIONS. One half a can a day to start. Never on an emptly stomach! It is on the directions! Misuse can lead to bad reactions.

grammarcontrol said:
in regards to Redline: at 120 lbs I chugged one on an empty stomach. it was during my lunch break my freshman year in high school. needless to say, my eyes became startlingly bloodshot (everyone thought I was high), I broke out in a cold sweat, I shook like a crackhead, couldn't eat the rest of the day, and couldn't sleep that night. I might be sensitive/have a low tolerance to caffeine but still..
I believe Redline is unnecessary and going overboard. I also agree that the majority of energy drinks are worthless in terms of health benefits but are fine in moderation. I try to drink one a week or less. my local Shell gas station sells these energy drinks for $0.99 called CL-ONE. they're just like Redbull but cheap!

To the OP, I've heard numerous people say that they've gotten kidney stones due to energy drinks like Rockstar and Monster, I don't have any proof though.

Grammarcontrol, if you chug a redline you're definitley going to be on one. If you read the directions, it says you're only supposed to drink half at a time and you shouldn't consume more than one can in a day. They definitley are intense though, a little too strong for my liking, they tend to make me way too shaky.

lolitsjohn said:
One particular brand that I love(as in i'd choose it over 'normal' drinks in some cases)is Sobe Adrenaline. If anyone else has tried it, please comment. I'm quite the fan.

I usually drink Bawls because it tastes the most like a normal beverage out of all the ones i've tried, but Sobe has a decent taste and gets you wayy more of a pick me up--bawls is nothing compared to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.