• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

ENERGY DRINKS ~ Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A new 'type' of caffeine is being pioneered by Spiked, sharing similar effects of Redline.

A new drug, new ingredients, or just new marketing?

evil voodoo like taurine and guarana

What is wrong with either of those? The only attack I have seen on guarana is when I was watching TV at a friend's house and saw a baseless, full-of-legal-disclaimers-on-the-bottom-in-small-text advertisement for Five Hour Energy.

Until then, if you want a potent dose of adrenaline/energy without having cold sweats and redline/spiked body shakes stick with NOS products.

Or yerba mate, a much healthier option (although still bad to abuse).

^yeah id say Yerba Mate, Raw Chocolate and guyusa(sp?) to be the best caffeine/xanthine source in my experience as well as the majority of others who have sampled various sources of xanthines...

I'v heard of these nicotinated drinks in asia as well which helped me come to my guess above

also, whats with all you diet pop drinkers if your concerned for your health? ya, carbohydrates are bad in excess but look at the negative effects from artificial sweeteners eg. aspartame. Id take high fructose corn syrup over artificial sweeteners any day... i choose to avoid both for the record.

MyDoorsAreOpen: You may know more than you're letting on ;) You either know what happened in "T-Ville" (not Taiwan, more confidentiality crap, I apologize) or you're simply a legitimately worldly individual, though I'll venture to kill a theory with the same stone, Student: I can issue a promise of "nope" regarding nicotine playing a part in this.

A Thing: Nothing at all is wrong with them! The evil voodoo comment was seething with sarcasm my friend. Ties in with the time magazine remark but I was a bit vague, my bad on that. I dig da voodoo 'mon, rest assured. Those disclaimers on those lil energy shots are just more MODERATE YOUR INTAKE OF THIS OR ITS BAD. (more time magazine influence, guiding us skillfully to health on a ship commandeered by captain obvious, arg @ the media.)

Regarding Spiked and particular products of theirs, there's no real new ingredient in a literal sense; more of an augmentation to the original so it effects the body "more accordingly."

While I state they they are pioneering it, it's been on the shelves for a couple months now with an idiotic prefix thrown in the name of the ingredient. For the sake of being concise, just think of it as caffeine with A.I. under the guise of convincing people it'll effect a 600 pound behemoth the same way it would Ally McBeal.

Not sure I'd call Yerba tea any healthier though, it's just a really potent green tea with higher antioxidant qualities. The caffeine content is almost identical to coffee, but I'll agree in the sense it is a better metabolism stimulant alternative. And erm, mate is just the name of a gourd people would traditionally drink it out of. Yerba's just the name of the tree :D

(I didn't ignore any questions by the way, I just can't answer some particulars without repercussion sadly)

Didn't know about the PM restraint tied to post count, I'd rather read than post to be honest after seeing the behavior of a majority of the moderators here (not the one I addressed above obviously.) Power corrupts though, nothing new. I'll post in this thread though at least ;)

And I couldn't agree more about aspartame, or be more obvious that I'm trying to increase my post count so I can answer some of these PMs

^^ Yerba means herb actually, so its literally 'herb cup'

but i can assure you that even if it was just green tea with more antioxidents, that would be healthier. But the thing about mate is its nutritional qualities (vitamins, minerals, even protein) and its alkaloid profile, it has different ratios than coffee leading to a different effect thats more stable and 'smooth' or 'clean' and basically less side effects.... and yes it is a powerful stimulant for metabolism, first cup usually sends ya to the water closet;)

but i can assure you that even if it was just green tea with more antioxidents, that would be healthier. But the thing about mate is its nutritional qualities (vitamins, minerals, even protein) and its alkaloid profile, it has different ratios than coffee leading to a different effect thats more stable and 'smooth' or 'clean' and basically less side effects.... and yes it is a powerful stimulant for metabolism, first cup usually sends ya to the water closet;)

It is not just green tea with more antioxidants, it is a completely different plant. (I am picky about tisane terminology.)

I am pretty sure yerba mate has no significant amount of protein.

The diruetic effect of xanthines sucks. >< Which reminds me, I should submit my smoking yerba mate trip report to Erowid.

Last edited:
I make my own enegry drinks, I toss some Ephedrine and BZP powder into some orange juice and drink up.
It works better then anything you can get in the store.

uggh...I'd just toss the ephedrine. The physiological correlates of anxiety won't help you concentrate, and if the BZP ain't waking you up...well, maybe it's time to slow down. ;)

No, I sorta get the ephedrine body high thing, but it comes with such nastiness.

Oh, and when I made this joke elsewhere, it was orange juice too, but with d-meth instead (if we're gonna play like this).

ebola

It is not just green tea with more antioxidants, it is a completely different plant. (I am picky about tisane terminology.)

Clearly! There's picky and there's anal retentive, heralding the powers of google searches to add unnecessary and inane corrections to posts meant to entertain and offer insight. Yerba is a term for herb, correct, are you fluent? Is herb synonymous with plant? Because it comes from a freaking breed of evergreen tree. And you can zip up your pants because yerba tea shares more molecular qualities congruent with green tea than regular, thus 'just a' (imply generalization since being picky is fucking stupid.)

And I repeat, without some wikipedia crap fueling my post content, mate is the container, very elementary; traditionally and most commonly found as a gourde.

This place isn't what it used to be, it's just a "I know more than you since your statement can be dissected and analyzed since I'm on a computer with intarweb." So my apologies to those who were curious, I'm not going to post on this board again. If I wanted e-cock olympians scurrying around with fishing polls to troll any information that appears certain I'd spend my time perusing the teenage contributions of the world of warcraft forums.

I must say I'm disappointed in bluelight reverse-evolving into a content correctional contest, but I hope some quotas of internet superiority have been fulfilled in the removal of my interest in dispensing information about a product no one knew was coming that will drastically effect the energy drink market. But on to more important things, correct people about gourdes and how the tea isn't 'really green tea,' that's definitely more interesting. :|

wow man, calm down, its not like someone was personally attacking you, whats so wrong with discussion?

it seems as though you are the one who always has to be right otherwise you could just read a comment and think to yourself "oh, i didn't know that, interesting..." Either way whats the point in repeatedly translating the word yerba mate literally? And what does it have to do with energy drinks?

I think we were just trying to point out that your statement about yerba mate just being green tee with more antioxidants is not correct and ignorant as your assuming any green plant matter that has caffeine and is extracted with hot water and drank that way is the same as the last. I dont think there is anything wrong with pointing that out.

really though, they are completely different plants, (yerba mate is a holly BTW not an evergreen) and they are made out of different compounds, and the ones they have in common are present in different amounts adding a different effect. Im sure these differences are enough to recognize it is different than green tea... i guess im just sick if the ill founded statement which people so often think is true. its like saying tylenol and oxycontin are the same because they are painkillers and come in a pill form...

Whats your problem with correct information anyway? Its not going to hurt anyone and whats the use in formulating great ideas based on disinformation? Thats useless, better to be spreading correct info (to the best of your knowledge) than just spouting off at the keyboard...

also that energy drink has already come out, there is nothing special about it, it just has a lot of caffeine so whats so great there anyhow....

Last edited:
Either way whats the point in repeatedly translating the word yerba mate literally? And what does it have to do with energy drinks?

really though, they are completely different plants, (yerba mate is a holly BTW not an evergreen) and they are made out of different compounds, and the ones they have in common are present in different amounts adding a different effect.
Too high indeed, but arguing for the sake of arguing nonetheless, you define contradiction.

also that energy drink has already come out, there is nothing special about it, it just has a lot of caffeine so whats so great there anyhow....
"That energy drink" is Spike Shooter, which I already stated has been on the shelf for months

The product I attempted to draw interest to will not be named or seen until after 2009. All of this information I have already posted and can be re-read and confirmed. Text doesn't magically remove itself from the page you see, but how easily information is erased from the brains of stupid high teenagers sure seems like magic.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Some of you guys would probably troll Einstein if he were still among us. Maybe it's better you stay high to save yourself the embarrassment of confirming the points I made before this derailed into just another mess of drugged out retards smearing confusion-induced anger all over the place.

All in vain no doubt, this post. I'll never get these two minutes of my life back either :(

why are you so angry? This is an internet forum, come here to discuss things, this is the healthy living section, not the darkside, go vent elsewhere or grow up and have a discussion...

oh and btw you are the one who is constantly stating incorrect information so why are you acting like someone is attacking you when they simply point something out? id hate to see you in a classroom setting or reading a textbook8o

also why is it that i must be a 'high teen,' is it completely out of the question for anyone over the age of 19 to enjoy being intoxicated?

Status
Not open for further replies.