Ending a 5 year relationship with opiates.

Hi Walter,
I'm glad you found my post helpful. I get what you and others are saying about the anger now. When you were talking about anger, I was thinking like rage, but I know what you mean about being irritable all the time. I think all addicts are like this. Between the ups and downs, sleep problems, searching for the drugs and everything else that goes along with addiction it definitely takes it's toll on us.

You will have no problem at all jumping from oxy to sub, that's exactly what it's for. Bupe is what's known as a partial opiate agonist, whereas oxy, hydro, heroin, etc... are full opiate agonist. When you take an oxy, it attaches to the opioid receptors in the brain and activates the receptor. Over time, the body quits making natural opiates (endorphins) and creates a bunch of extra receptors to handle all of the artificial opiates we use. When you quit adding the artificial opiates, the receptors are left empty and you go into withdrawal. As I mentioned, bupe is a partial agonist, and what this means is that it attaches to the receptor, but only partially activates it, so it will keep you out of withdrawal, but does not get you high. If you slowly taper off the bupe, your body will slowly start making natural endorphins and you can get by with minimal withdrawal symptoms. Another thing about bupe, is that it has a much higher affinity for the receptors than most other opiates. What this means is that it has a stronger bind to the receptors than other opiates. This is why if you take oxy while on bupe, you will not get high (you can, but you would have to take a retarded amount). This is also why you have to make sure you are well into withdrawal before taking the bupe. If you still have opiates in your system, the bupe will knock the oxy off the receptors and will put you into withdrawal almost immediately. This is the main reason I suggested starting with a small dose - should you go into precipitated withdrawal, it will not be as bad. What I described to you is exactly what I did, .5mg, then another .5mg an hour later, then .25mg every hour until I was "right". If you do it this way, you should be able to get normal on a very small amount of bupe. I was taking 240mg of oxy a day and I started on 2mg. This was actually the second time I used sub. The first time I did what my doctor said and just started on 16mg. I had terrible headaches and felt really spaced out. The second time I did a bunch of online research and came to realize just how strong the stuff really is. If you start the sub the way I suggested, you will feel normal within an hour of settling on your final dose. The only suffering will be while waiting to take the initial dose. After you get there, you will just feel normal - not high, just normal. I actually got a little natural high the first time, when I realized that I felt like a normal human for the first time in years. I believe it's important to settle on the smallest dose that works. We're addicts and our junkie minds tend to think if 2mg is good, 4mg must be great! Don't fall into this trap. Just keep telling yourself that you're only using the bupe to get clean, not to get high. Also, sub has a 72 hour half life, whereas most opiates have a half life in the range of 2-5 hours. This means you should only need to take sub a max of 2x a day. I did this initially, then went to only 1x a day. Taking drugs all throughout the day is druggie behavior, and I wanted to get as far away from that as I could.

If I can offer any more input or insight, just let me know. I wish you the absolute best my friend!

I think we should bring this back on track and not hi-jack the thread from Larson. Walter, I wish you all the best in the world, and if you need some support just start your own thread, people will be more than happy to help.

So how's it going Larson? :)

This whole site is amazing!! Im currently using opiates again, after being sober from everything even suboxone for almost a yr, would just smoke weed. But that monster came back somehow and I got worse than I was b4. I used to snort 3 80's of Oxy a day then I went on suboxone and quit, this time around my stupid ass turned 2 needles after MUCH hesitation due 2 my fear of needles but I wanted to save $ and ppl around me recommended it. I have been shooting up for around 2 months now and I just wake up hating myself everyday. I think how could I be so stupid 2 let my whole life revolve around a drug, and what am I doing with my life? It's nice to see on here that I'm not alone.
My plan is to start suboxone again tomorrow, but my question 2 everyone out there is: what is a good amount of suboxone to start out on? I want to avoid to dreaded w/d's so I can survive. I havn't been using again very long, a few months but I have been using quite a bit of whatever opiate I can find. I want to be myself again, not have 2 wake up needing to find a fix, and I want my life back!! Also, a big problem for me is not being able to sleep at all when I stop opiates, my bf can sleep fine, but I toss and turn. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Be safe everyone!!

I think we should bring this back on track and not hi-jack the thread from Larson. Walter, I wish you all the best in the world, and if you need some support just start your own thread, people will be more than happy to help.

So how's it going Larson? :)

26 days today. tuesday will be 4 weeks.

keep posting in this thread. if i can help others then it helps me.

This whole site is amazing!! Im currently using opiates again, after being sober from everything even suboxone for almost a yr, would just smoke weed. But that monster came back somehow and I got worse than I was b4. I used to snort 3 80's of Oxy a day then I went on suboxone and quit, this time around my stupid ass turned 2 needles after MUCH hesitation due 2 my fear of needles but I wanted to save $ and ppl around me recommended it. I have been shooting up for around 2 months now and I just wake up hating myself everyday. I think how could I be so stupid 2 let my whole life revolve around a drug, and what am I doing with my life? It's nice to see on here that I'm not alone.
My plan is to start suboxone again tomorrow, but my question 2 everyone out there is: what is a good amount of suboxone to start out on? I want to avoid to dreaded w/d's so I can survive. I havn't been using again very long, a few months but I have been using quite a bit of whatever opiate I can find. I want to be myself again, not have 2 wake up needing to find a fix, and I want my life back!! Also, a big problem for me is not being able to sleep at all when I stop opiates, my bf can sleep fine, but I toss and turn. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Be safe everyone!!

Out of curiousity are you shooting pills or dope?

Whenever I started back on sub again, either after relapsing and having to detox again, or after an extended binge, I always just take an incredibly small amount and then wait 30-60min to see if I need more. I always make the first day back on sub a bit uncomfortable as I try to start off on the lowest amount of sub I can so that there isn't too much to taper down off of.

I've used sub a lot since 2006 and over the years I feel like I've gotten more sensitive to the effects of it.