• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Eitzolam tolerance thro the roof - will modalert straight me out?

I cannot even feel any effects from diazepam, as its 6-10 times less potent than etizolam for anxiolytic and hypnotic effects. I dont have a source for it either. At least i can get etiz relatively cheaply at bulk prices and by buying the powder. I understand that a benzo with a longer half life would probably be a better idea to avoid the fluctuations in blood stream concentrations, but then due to availabilty issues my only option would be flubromazepam. And that could be the begining of a whole new chapter of disasters. I dont think you were around when i was using phenazepam but lets just say it wasnt doing much good for my mental health, allthough i felt so free and 'liberated' it was literally driving me crazy. At least with etizolam i feel semi functional and semi rational, i can at least type coherent posts on BL anyway, which is one measure of such things. 8(

On a mg for mg basis yeah, hence the dosage conversion.

Honestly, there's a reason that the first step in the Ashton manual is changing to diazepam, it's extremely hard to control a taper on short acting drugs, esp if you're doing it yourself. I would really consider it if you're serious about getting off benzos, long acting drugs are really the way forwards to stability and dosage reduction. Not telling you that you should be doing it or anything....just making a suggestion (which is standard medical practice).

Either way it seems like you're wanting to get down which is the first hurdle to get over.:)

If i could get 100 % legit diazepam without breaking the bank or ideally free on prescription i would be doing so. However, having said that I have read several times that etizolam is a bit more forgiving than traditional benzos when it comes to tapering and quitting, so there's that little doubt there. It would probably be best to use it, or something simillar at the end of my taper, so that i dont get into any long term habit with it.

It may be possible to find a family Dr to prescribe it, I'll probably have to substantially reduce my dose first though. Yeah i do want to reduce and dont want to just settle on being addicted to benzos for the rest of my life. Flubro is very long lasting ~90 hours i believe, but it also seems to be quite recreational which could very well produce the opposite effects of what is best for me in the long run, ie starting another love affair with another new substance.

Your friendly family doctor aint going to prescribe shit I'm afraid, if you go to them saying you have a drug problem you will be referred to local drug and alcohol services.

I'm actually starting to shit myself a little bit about this. I did a casual canvas of a couple of friends and my gf - and they all said my driving was terrible.

I didn't think it was, despite the obvious. The modalert does cause slight withdrawals. The other thing is i've been through so many interviews and 2 weeks of really really intensive training - weeks really intensive training - I'm looking at the gram bag and theres probably only 200mg left - its the 16th - I worry so I take more.

Whats next 1.5 grams a month and 25 flubro- this can't go on.

I have to stop completely as soon as humanly possible. I might have had a Blase attitude to begin with, but half of that's forum banter. I wouldn't of raised the issue unless it was an issue - so how do I get the fuck of this shit as quickly as possible? Flumazenil treatment seems to be for benzo overdoses.

Although the net does seem full of contradictory reports

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=49699.0

If I could afford it and justify it, I would consider a private rehab. But I couldn't spend over a grand.

You might think - oh just another junkie banging benzo's for kicks - but it wasn't like that in the beginning, I had to leave a well paid job in Australia to live with my mother who has been diagnosed with cancer - I'd lost 2.5 years of friends, a girlfriend, a great job, and now I was back in my old bedroom I grew up in with a clinically depressed mother on bupe.

I really needed somthing and I couldn't turn to the bottle.

Family life is still the same, but i've moved out and built a career again. I can't have it undermined by a drug

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=49699.0

I understand you need to get off benzos asap and you also need to keep your job. There is no quick fix unfortunately. In my opinion you should make a solution in pg with your etiz, find out what dose you are comfortable on then slowly start to reduce it. This way you will start to have more control over the addiction which will motivate you to stick to your taper. Write out a plan on paper so your more aware of what your goals are but don't beat yourself up if you don't stick to it 100%, life can be unpredictable and stress can coe when least expected. Its important to listen to how your body feels as your drop your dose, be patient as your body WILL adjust! once your down to a lower daily dose id advice you seek medical help in order to get switched to a long acting benzo (diazepam). It would maybe be wise to seek medical help now but the switch to a different benzo might make you feel unstable for a while which could affect the job your so desperate to keep. At the end of the day your health is more important than any job, good luck!

Hey,

I was looking at this and just shaking my head. I was in a total benzo bubble. Not just behind the wheel, in life.

And actually one comment where a person hoped I got fined, fired and made homeless all but came true. My life was - and is - completely unmanageable. That's not to say I'm not capable in some areas. I'm blind in others. I was lucky enough to secure 4 weeks inpatient rehab, after working extensively with the outreach worker for 2 months. When the seen I genuinely was trying and It was a beast of an addiction I was offered and accepted an extra 2 weeks.

It was difficult. I was put on 30mg of Valium and slept 8hrs in my first 5 days. Full hallucinations, depersonalisation, spasms. If I can get my forum name changed I wrote a lot about it.

I stuck it and made it down to 4mg of valium a day. Unfortunately my Psyche didn't follow Ashton and I went from 4mg to 0 in 8 weeks.

No idea why but that became as difficult as the initial cut from XXXmg to 30mg - plus I got a script stolen and inexplicably my Mirtazapine stopped, the only thing that gave me a bit of respite.

So that's the excuses.... does this mean I'm fucked back to square one that I've been ab/using RC benzos past 5 weeks? Pretty heavily last 3 weeks.

In relation to the initial, idiotic question, legally if a patient presents with recreational benzo addiction - your duty is to inform the DVLA and you are banned from driving for 2 years from your very last tablet. Sucks. Alcohol is 6 months and heroin is a year. But I guess the govt haven't just singled out benzo ab/users out of spite. Thank god no accident involving another road user occurred. It really is a full 2 years as well because no insurance policy would be valid.

So with all my excuses made I'm back on the Flubpam. I'm not working. I couldn't get out the front door to do exercise - well maybe I could have if I pushed myself harder. I took the particularly arrogant approach of, right thats my 6 weeks done, sod NA, sod AA. I went to hospital and I'm cured. Nah.

I've a good relationship with my Psyche, I was told I don't have any underlying mental conditions - Just a common and garden drug pig. I don't really agree, but think the fewer conditions go into my 'Yellow Pages' of patient notes the better. 42 days and nights in a real hot house environment, constant monitoring, constant turnover of such a wide section of the community. I seen 56 epically diverse people during my time and only 2 made me think I as going to lose it. Unfortunately it's not a place to make friends. All those I was closest to are hitting it as hard or harder - in fact, I know loads of people worked the programme and it didn't stick. If I could get my forum name changed from 'doombadger' I've a few thousand, humorous, words on the NHS's Minnesota Programme. would like to expand it out.

Just rapping up I looked at another thread, where I advised people with Codeine addictions not to seek professional help as it will stain your oh so perfect medical records. Load of crap. A lot of people were in there for codeine. So in finishing, you guys were right. Fuck benzos.

Ponch: I realise one of your responses was from a couple of years ago, but modalert (modafinil) doesn't inhibit GABA pathways, it's a DRI, so is a legitimate stimulant. However, it's not a strong one, so being used to try and counteract any sedative (especially benzos) would be pretty useless. Sorry, just trying to make sure everything is factual! ��

Hey man no worries. The effects I was referring to are presented in this study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8977135 (only in rats I know). There are quite a lot of other references online on it's effects on GABA but of course the information may be out of date or just incorrect. If it is incorrect i'm happy to edit/remove the post :)