• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

eating hash

There have been studies showing that other cannabinoids, terpenes, etc have a profound effect on your high, though, so it's good to try and preserve them rather than worrying exclusively about THC. Pure THC is not a pleasant high for many people. That's why I use lower temps for my capsules. Regardless, I believe the majority of bunk edibles are due to too little decarbing rather than too much heat.

Never eaten a bunk edible that wasn't cooked. Hash yoghurts always work, guaranteed, as does just eating hash. All the disappointing bunk edibles I ate took time & effort for somebody to prepare & cooked for a while. Simpler methods work better.

wiki said:
There are 483 identifiable chemical constituents known to exist in the cannabis plant,[15] and at least 85 different cannabinoids have been isolated from the plant.[16] The aromatic terpenoids begin to vaporize at 126.0 °C (258.8 °F),[17] but the more bio-active tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabinol (CBN) do not vaporize until near their respective boiling points: THC 157 °C (315 °F),[18] CBD 160–180°C (320°F-356°F),[18] and CBN 185 °C (365 °F).[18]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaporizer_(inhalation_device)

Vaporiser manufacturers recommend a temperature of 185C(365F), that will vaporise most of the important cannabinoids. Apparently THC is just 157C(315F).

So, don't bake with it, don't get your oil too hot & remember you just want to dissolve it.

Last edited:
Don't bother to address any of my points.

So, don't bake with it

That's right, edibles don't work. Every edible throughout history was just placebo. It's all a conspiracy and the good doctor is exposing it with his superior scientific knowledge.

It's you not reading. As long as you use low temperatures you're fine. All space cake is bunk as cake usually needs to cook at a higher temperature, not all edibles. Edibles are spectacular if they're done right, but that means not much, if any cooking & low temperatures. I did address your point, thc is one of the first cannabinoids to evaporate. You've gone from thinking there's no THC if you don't cook it to not wanting any THC. Terpines, flavonoids, etc usually evaporate before the THC does, they possibly affect the high too. You only get the full range of cannabinoids & terpenoids if it never gets to 126.0 °C (258.8 °F).

Last edited:
You've gone from thinking there's no THC if you don't cook it to not wanting any THC.

I have no idea what you mean by this.

You only get the full range of cannabinoids & terpenoids if it never gets to 126.0 °C (258.8 °F).

Cooking at normal cooking temps for normal times result in internal temperatures well below that every time. Care to present a source that suggests internal cook temps exceeding 225 are appropriate for baking?

This site has a chart of all internal temps for food. Only candy goes above 225.

http://Steinfeld.net/Information/MeatTemperatureChart.htm

How is THC getting destroyed or evaporating from temps around 200 F? You're adamant that baking automatically results in bunk edibles but you just said yourself it would need to exceed 258 to even start losing some of the more fragile compounds in marijuana.

cooking does not ruin hash or thc. anywhere from .1 to .2 of some good bubble hash cooked into coconut oil then baked into brownies, cakes, or something similar gets the average person pretty damn stoned. Baking temps are high usually around 350. Im not doubting that eating a shitload of hash would get you stoned, but i dont see the reason to waste it if there are possibly better methods.

I also realized how great the reclaimed oil from my bho rigs is for eating compared to anything else. it seems to work much quicker than most edibles. Ive also been told that the reclaim can be eaten raw with similar effect but i havent tried myself. I always cook my hash and its amazing.

Im not doubting that eating a shitload of hash would get you stoned, but i dont see the reason to waste it if there are possibly better methods.

A lot of people are so lazy and stubborn they'd rather waste good weed and hash instead of taking the time to read and experiment. That's fine for growers and rich people but that's not me. It's frustrating to see so much misinformation because when I first started making edibles I wasted so much weed trying incorrect recipes and techniques. Eventually I learned the proper way to decarb and cook with weed and hash through research and hands on experience, but I wish in the beginning there had been a more factual consensus rather than a bunch of people running their mouths about stuff they can't be bothered to verify.

It will often work but cook it into fat and into biscuits - 0.25-0.5g or whatever per biscuit and eat on an empty stomach really gets the best out of it (and without unreliable delau) imo and 20 years of eating hash

cooking does not ruin hash or thc. anywhere from .1 to .2 of some good bubble hash cooked into coconut oil then baked into brownies, cakes, or something similar gets the average person pretty damn stoned. Baking temps are high usually around 350. Im not doubting that eating a shitload of hash would get you stoned, but i dont see the reason to waste it if there are possibly better methods.

I also realized how great the reclaimed oil from my bho rigs is for eating compared to anything else. it seems to work much quicker than most edibles. Ive also been told that the reclaim can be eaten raw with similar effect but i havent tried myself. I always cook my hash and its amazing.

Using good bubble hash or oil for eating is a waste, imo, you do need much less if you're talking about that kind of quality hash & oil. Do a second run on your bubble hash & eat more of the less potent stuff, or some out of one of the less potent bags if you're using multiple bags. Hash that's so bad it's hard to get it pressed will still work great if you eat enough of it. I'd save good hash for smoking/vaporising. I was talking about using basic cheap traditional import hash, that doesn't need any cooking, but obviously it's nowhere near as strong, so you need to multiply the amounts. Possibly with very fresh ice/bubble hash it might need cooking, especially if made with fresh leaves & not even dried out or pressed, but that's exceptional homemade hash.

You're talking about I think the only two popular ways to make hash without using heat or friction or something at some stage in the process. These are relatively new techniques, not much like how hash is traditionally produced.

It's only a shitload of hash because I was eating shit hash, I wouldn't eat anything close to 'good bubble hash' unless I had huge piles of the stuff, or there was some other reason I couldn't smoke it. Eating beats smoking bad hash. Really good bubble or bho is maybe 4x the strength or more than the hash I was eating, I'd be as cautious about eating 0.5g of really potent stuff as 2g of typical european 'good' street hash (where good means not cut with some other crap as well). Get that 'good bubble' & bho in a crack pipe.

Eating it can still hit you hard if it's left over scraps that you'd never want to smoke.

You still need to be careful not to put it in anything big that will dilute it too much or anything that needs cooking for too long at too high temperature. Eating it basically raw, just dissolved in some oil will work as well as cooking it if it's not the absolute freshest stuff.

Last edited:
No comment on how internal cooking temps of ~200 F destroys THC? You were so certain, doctor.

so i just got some Temple ball hasj from Amsterdam i just cook it aubin marie style in coconut oil for best results right?

No comment on how internal cooking temps of ~200 F destroys THC? You were so certain, doctor.

I never mentioned 200 F. Temperatures vary depending on how internal it is & what you're cooking, the outside is more likely to get closer to oven temperatures. My main point was always that cooking is unnecessary. It's a risk that you might lose some of it to vaporisation depending on how it's cooked & I'd put that risk as greater than losing some by not cooking it, particularly if you're using import hash.

Bernax, you might need less of that hash & it might be better smoked, temple ball is usually strong. Just melt it into some butter on a spoon & mix it into a yoghurt, it'll be good. You might want to try cheaper hash, some basic afghan or polm for eating, it should work out more economic, you'll need to use more & it may not taste as good, but it should cost much less too.

Last edited:
I never mentioned 200 F. Temperatures vary depending on how internal it is & what you're cooking, the outside is more likely to get closer to oven temperatures. My main point was always that cooking is unnecessary. It's a risk that you might lose some of it to vaporisation depending on how it's cooked & I'd put that risk as greater than losing some by not cooking it, particularly if you're using import hash.

Bernax, you might need less of that hash & it might be better smoked, temple ball is usually strong. Just melt it into some butter on a spoon & mix it into a yoghurt, it'll be good. You might want to try cheaper hash, some basic afghan or polm for eating, it should work out more economic, you'll need to use more & it may not taste as good, but it should cost much less too.

I have asthma so i don't smoke anything. and taste wise this temple ball is deffo worth the money!

so i just got some Temple ball hasj from Amsterdam i just cook it aubin marie style in coconut oil for best results right?
I don't know who Aubin M is, but I'm guessing that is a chef?

As for using high quality hash for edibles, I believe this to be the best option. You will not have to use as much, making your consumption of the food your making less, which is less expensive AND easier on your stomach :)

And yes, cooking it with Coconut oil should work. If you are interested in making your edible as strong as possible, then you will want to make sure to decarboxylate the hash first (unless of course you know it already has been).

To do this, simply evenly spread the hash onto a safe cooking plate (pizza pan works fine) and set oven to somewhere around 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for around 45 minutes. You can do this before placing in oil, as it will be easier to control the temperatures.

I never mentioned 200 F.

You can't really be this dense.

You only get the full range of cannabinoids & terpenoids if it never gets to 126.0 °C (258.8 °F).

Well, about 180c/360f/gas mark 4, that's around the temperature cakes get baked at & it's the same temperature that thc vaporises.

don't bake with it

There you are repeatedly saying baking destroys THC. You're quite specific about temps. How is that possible if a cooked cake has a final temp around 200 F? It's not possible, and you're probably going to ignore this like you've been doing this whole thread.

I have baked with weed and hash countless times. The edibles I make with my current technique are never duds. Literally never. They are noticeably more powerful after decarbing. Obviously temps that are too high and times that are too long can destroy THC, but shorter times and lower temps than what I currently use consistently have resulted in WEAKER edibles. How much experience do you have with edibles, again? Precisely regulating temperatures, experimenting with different techniques, using different carriers, finding a technique that uses less weed to get higher than you'd get smoking the same amount and never fails?

You don't even understand basic cooking concepts, let alone the science of cooking with cannabis. You're too lazy to try new things and too stubborn to admit you could be wrong even when your knowledge and experience are clearly lacking. You're spreading bad information and that sucks for people trying to learn how to make edibles who come across this thread.

I don't know who Aubin M is, but I'm guessing that is a chef?

As for using high quality hash for edibles, I believe this to be the best option. You will not have to use as much, making your consumption of the food your making less, which is less expensive AND easier on your stomach :)

And yes, cooking it with Coconut oil should work. If you are interested in making your edible as strong as possible, then you will want to make sure to decarboxylate the hash first (unless of course you know it already has been).

To do this, simply evenly spread the hash onto a safe cooking plate (pizza pan works fine) and set oven to somewhere around 240 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for around 45 minutes. You can do this before placing in oil, as it will be easier to control the temperatures.

Aubin marie is putting a pan with butter in another pan with water and heating the pan with water so the butter won't burn

Aubin marie is putting a pan with butter in another pan with water and heating the pan with water so the butter won't burn
That sounds really good.

If you are able to control the temps, I'm sure this tastes dank. %)

Only problem with using really high quality hash for edibles is that it's really nice to smoke or vaporise too. You usually pay a large premium for such good hash, or you need to make it yourself, in small quantities unless you've got some industrial setup & infinite quantities of trim to process. Then it's only any better if you're inhaling it. If you get some hash that melts & bubbles you probably want to smoke/vaporise it. Shit hash will work just as well if you eat it & work out cheaper, but it's shit to smoke, that's what makes it so cheap. It might not taste as good & you'll need to use more, but it'll get you stoned just the same if you're eating it. Plus, if its some old shitty import hash you can almost guarantee there's no need to cook it, it'll be as decarboxylated as it's ever going to get before you touch it.

Last edited:
Funny thing about using garbage hash is that it isn't going to magically turn into a better product just because you choose to eat it instead of smoke it.

NSFW:
QtLNfZu.gif

Likewise, a superior hash-made edible is going to originate from a superior hash.