• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

eating hash

It's possible to be totally wreaked out of your mind for a whole day off a little yoghurt with 1g of really good hash, or 2g of not so good hash, or 3.5g of pretty average hash will turn hardened smokers green & make them ill for hours (these are doses for people with a tolerance, used to smoking twice that in a day, and just basic commercial import hash, polm or afghan).

I never said you can't get high from eating hash. I said THCA naturally decarbs without heat and that's what makes you high when you eat hash. You're eating insane amounts when could be getting A LOT higher on less if you properly decarbed and cooked into a fat.

Why not do a simple experiment: take a quantity of dried weed and eat it (how about .5 g). A week later take the same quantity and grind it, cook it covered in aluminum foil at 225 for 30 minutes, and let it cool. Mix in a fat (preferably coconut oil), re-cover, and cook at 225 for 40 minutes. Let cool and eat it. I guarantee if you watch the heat and follow the directions correctly the difference will be astounding.

Don't forget, I smoke insane amounts too, for 20 years daily, I have a tolerance, it takes a gram of good hash or potent hydro bud to get me properly high. I was smoking 3 grams of black hash a day when I was 14. Not talking about 50%+ thc stuff, more like 20-30% standard traditional import hash.

The reason i don't do it is because I did all that stuff many years ago, I already do what works, I've tried many edibles made by myself & other people. I've travelled, eaten space cake galore, it was all bunk except eating raw hash, hash yoghurts or this one nasty tasting chocolate hash truffle I got in Amsterdam that got me baked. The more you cook it, the less it works. Cakes are weak if they do anything, thc has all evaporated, like rum cake wont get you drunk, it just leaves a taste. Uncooked hash in a yoghurt will fuck you up, guaranteed, every time. Again, eat a couple of grams of hash, any hash, uncooked, just gently dissolved in oil & mixed in a yoghurt, then come back to tell me it's weak & it doesn't work. THC vaporises at 185c, so I'm not cooking it at 225.

Nowadays I usually prefer smoking it & can't get much hash at all, it's just bud. I prefer smoking it because eating it can be too powerful & last too long. Can always put a joint down if I'm getting too stoned & it'll wear off in an hour or two. Eating it is a unique experience though, if I had some hash I'd have mixed up a yoghurt by now.

'in vivo' means in life, w01fg4ng, as in living plants. Those studies were specifically looking for THCa in very fresh & specially grown cannabis, they were done by scientists who handled it carefully. They weren't testing samples from the street. You don't smoke fresh living plant material, it's too wet, it wont burn, I tried that too.

I've made my own hash in ice water from my own plants & eaten it, it got me high. I know for a fact the only heating was just enough to dissolve it & it was quite fresh - not straight off the plant, but less than 2 weeks. Cooking for 30+ minutes to get you high is nonsense.

Last edited:
No one said it doesn't work. Are you even reading my posts?

You really have no idea what you're talking about, man. You're wasting a lot of good weed because you refuse to get educated. Your edibles that are weak were made poorly, end of story. No one can force you out of your very, very wrong beliefs so I guess keep wasting that hash, dude.

Look, really, I'm not wasting anything, except by maintaining a big tolerance, but I prefer to have some tolerance, most people should cut my doses in half. I've tried all kinds of edibles & nothing compares to just eating hash raw, just dissolved in oil & yoghurt. Weed hot chocolates can be nice too, there's no long cooking time there either, just boil some milk with weed in it, but the simpler hash yoghurt is the most effective. No cake ever got me stoned, none that my friends made, none that I bought in Holland, not even big slices of a wedding cake with over 2oz of super skunk in it, they were all a waste of good weed because it has to be cooked for too long at too high temperature to make a cake & the thc evaporates. Hash flapjack had some effect with stupid amounts of hash in it, I think half was wasted though, just a mild stone for a 2g hash slice. Yoghurts waste nothing.

You do what you want with it, but I'm telling you hash yoghurts take a minute to prepare, need no cooking at all & will mess you up more than smoking the same amount of the same hash, for longer too, with any kind of hash. They got me more stoned than anything else I've done in 20 years.

Even just eating a block of raw hash on it's own works well, much better than any cake or anything, 2nd to a yoghurt, tastes nice & peppery if it's good, sticks to your teeth a bit.

Last edited:
Your source is based completely on a synthetic substance.

lol

What? 'The hasheesh eater'? They didn't even know how to synthesize things like that then, it was written well before the first synthetic drug was made, it seems it was just an extract, pretty similar to hash, if it wasn't just hash then it'd be an alcohol extract (oil), which would be similar. He ate nearly 2 grams to get a good effect & there's no mention of heating it anywhere, he was eating it raw.

This source says THCa has some effect too, but I can't get the full text - https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/34/5/34_5_774/_article

None of these cited scientific studies were "What happens if you eat cannabis?", a study I've repeated many times over the years & it's been a popular passtime for millennia. They were all much more specific & have been used out of context. Cooking it more than necessary to get it dissolved in something can only really harm it, those are the only times I've failed to get high from a dose that should have done the job. This "if you don't cook it you wont get high" myth is nonsense, nobody had heard of that before the internet was popular & we still all got high.

Just eat a hash yoghurt, put whatever amount would get you nicely stoned over a good few hour's smoking session in, a couple of grams, less if you can't tolerate cannabis or if it's really strong hash, don't cook it, just heat it enough to melt & dissolve the hash. Then come back to apologise for how wrong you were.

Last edited:
No. Your first source claims that Δ9-THCA is very unstable. However, you failed to mention that this is only true for the isolated synthetic compound Δ9-THCA, not the real life Δ9-THCA that is found in bud (before or after harvest).

The actual bud has a completely different stability, alive or dead. Even the dead, harvested bud, has much greater stability than the synthetic compound.

You should publish your groundbreaking results that overturn established chemistry in an academic journal. You'll be famous!

seems like i started quite the debate haha

You know it works, I know it works, everybody who has eaten hash & got stoned knows that it works, without cooking. I don't understand how these internet myths start.

just eat it and get high. easy as that.

If you grow your own or are as rich as god, sure. It's amazing to me so few people are interested in making a small effort to save a TON of money. I can get high as balls for hours on .3 grams of weed (not hash). Good luck replicating that without heat or fat. I mean, you could still throw out the hash you didn't eat if you're so dedicated to wasting money. Or maybe parachute the hash wrapped in a $100 bill.

If you grow your own or are as rich as god, sure. It's amazing to me so few people are interested in making a small effort to save a TON of money. I can get high as balls for hours on .3 grams of weed (not hash). Good luck replicating that without heat or fat. I mean, you could still throw out the hash you didn't eat if you're so dedicated to wasting money. Or maybe parachute the hash wrapped in a $100 bill.

It saves nothing & you're more likely to waste stuff with cooking, thc will evaporate at normal cooking temperatures. Dissolving it in fat helps you absorb it & waste less, not cooking it. Hash dissolves easier than weed & it's easy to see it's all dissolved.

I could get high off 0.3g if I took a few months off smoking weed, or if it was really good hash. 2g of just basic 20-30% import hash (similar strength to really good weed - half strength of really good hash) keeps me absolutely wreaked all day, more than smoking that amount would. I'm not taking about putting 2g of really top shelf full melt hash in, that'd be insane, just cheap import stuff. If it's great hash & you have a low tolerance then 0.3g is more than enough to get pretty high.

Last edited:
thc will evaporate at normal cooking temperatures.
THC is very stable at low cooking temperatures. Similarly Δ9-THCA that is found on bud (not a synthetic drug) is very stable as well, however it does break down quicker under heat.

What are "normal cooking temperatures," doctor?

And I'm talking about .3 g WEED not HASH. Average weed isn't anywhere close to even weak hash. It's a huge difference in potency. Your reading comprehension is pretty abysmal.

Since you're too lazy to google here's a couple of links you might want to check out:

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Last edited:
i'm not a regular user and 1 gram quality hasj is 8 euro's for me so i don't mind wasting a bit

What are "normal cooking temperatures," doctor?

And I'm talking about .3 g WEED not HASH. Average weed isn't anywhere close to even weak hash. It's a huge difference in potency. Your reading comprehension is pretty abysmal.

Since you're too lazy to google here's a couple of links you might want to check out:

http://www.marijuanagrowershq.com/decarboxylating-cannabis-turning-thca-into-thc/

http://skunkpharmresearch.com/decarboxylation/

Well, about 180c/360f/gas mark 4, that's around the temperature cakes get baked at & it's the same temperature that thc vaporises. Lower temperatures are fine - but they're 'low' cooking temperatures, not medium or high. If the oven is a bit too hot your space cake ends up bunk & cake doesn't seem the best carrier anyway. Boiling weed in milk/cream works, that doesn't get hot enough to vaporise thc usually & makes a good hot chocolate.

Make sure your fat gets nowhere near it's 'smoke point', don't let it start spitting or smelling. If you use butter or coconut oil, it's smoke point is a bit below the vaporisation temperature of thc, other cooking oils are higher. If you do cook it, the heat needs to be low. Mix it into something small & light, milk, cream & yoghurt hold it well.

The thread is about hash, not weed. Weed is a little harder to make into a successful edible than hash. Weed does need cooking a little bit to just get the thc dissolved into whatever fat, again a medium or high temperature will kill it. Hash simply melts & dissolves quickly with only a little heat for a few seconds, that's enough.

Your links don't really mention anything that contradicts me, except they seem to think you need to go to extreme lengths to decarboxylise, that's just not the case with most commercial hash, it's already done. They miss the point that THCa is going to be very unstable in dead, dry, plant material, heating is anything above about -20c, it reacts with light & oxygen too, it's only stable for 4 days at room temperature. There's just not going to be much left in any hash you buy, it will already be mainly if not all THC, unless you've had it prepared specially to get large quantities of THCa. With imported hash from some hot country there's no chance, it could be a year old & stored at 30c+ a lot of the time, unless it's the real cream of the crop. With black hash you can see it's oxidised, that's what the black colour comes from (unless it's some diesel or henna filled rubbish). There's a fair amount of friction with most traditional hash production techniques too. Lower quality hash needs some heat just to press it.

Trust me, eating hash works, especially if it's some cheap import hash which possibly isn't the greatest smoke, there's no need to cook it, just melt it in some oil & mix in a yoghurt or whatever, nobody wastes anything then & we get stoned as fuck.

I'm in England, I can't get hash here any more, it's all just locally grown hydro bud (which is all really top strength), it's all good weed, we have a high 'average', you'd be talking about strains like blueberry, super skunk, orange bud, etc for our average, it's all 15-25% thc stuff & the top quality stuff might be better than any you've seen. When we did get hash it wasn't always fantastic, it was always cheaper than local 'skunk' & then it turned into adulterated soapbar which is worse than the worst weed, that gave it a bad reputation with everybody & now nobody around here wants hash (except me). It'd be import hash, crumbly morrocan polm, or sticky black afghan/pakistani 'gold seal' mainly, nothing like the quality you can get with homemade hash using modern techniques, just barely strong enough to still be hash without being adulterated shit, or sometimes it was possibly a bit adulterated - I'd turn it down if it was worse than good hydro weed, but it's often not a huge amount stronger.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetrahydrocannabinolic_acid
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish

This is the kind of stuff I'm talking about, but it was still available to me until a few years ago - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish#mediaviewer/File:Hashish_from_Pakistan_circa_1976.jpg

Last edited:
i'm not a regular user and 1 gram quality hasj is 8 euro's for me so i don't mind wasting a bit

If you're just eating blocks of hash then try doing the yoghurt thing with 0.5g then, or 0.7g, it's quick & it does make it more effective. How top quality is it really? Even cheaper hash is usually fine for eating, but it might taste a bit worse & need a bit more - if it tastes really bad then take it back to wherever you got it. You can check the quality by seeing if it melts if you put it close to a flame. Top quality hash is often brittle when it's cold & then turns sticky if you hold it at body temperature, then it'll melt & form clear bubbles if it's anywhere near a flame, it'll all turn into oil when heated & vaporise leaving little or no residue.

Talking about hash thc content, listen to Sam Skunkman, he's forgotten more about weed than any of us will ever know... https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=212047 Really good ice hash, first run stuff done carefully from potent plants, typically tests at around 60%, it's out of this world stuff, the best ice hash might get to 70% or a little more, you're going to need solvents or very special plants & technique to get much more than that.

I don't have the test results anymore but I got 96% THC from cleaned up ethanol oil made from dry sift hash that was over 50% THC. At the time 20 years ago, I was very surprised but had it confirmed by another lab. It was very reddish, almost brittle.

I have never seen a lab get more then 30% THC from bud, not from a lab I believed in.
I have got over 70% THC in the very highest quality dry sift, you could not smoke it on a screen regardless how fine, it just ran through. Worked fine in an oil pipe...
All of my dry sift is over 50%, some 60%. And I know the THC %'s are right as I had two other labs confirm my own GC work.

Sorry I don't have tests, I just did not keep them, only the data...

-SamS

The stuff he makes is going to be twice as strong as most good quality import hash. I'm not sure it's possible to get over 70% with dry sift, but this guy breeds some of the best cannabis in the world & has done for many years.

Last edited:
Well, about 180c/360f/gas mark 4, that's around the temperature cakes get baked at & it's the same temperature that thc vaporises.

The oven being set at 350 or so doesn't mean the THC gets to that temp. Otherwise you wouldn't have to check meat temps after cooking. Brownies, when cooked correctly, usually result in an internal temp of 150-220 F despite the ~350 setting on the oven. But by all means, keep pretending you know what you're talking about.

Lower temperatures are fine - but they're 'low' cooking temperatures, not medium or high. If the oven is a bit too hot your space cake ends up bunk & cake doesn't seem the best carrier anyway.

Use an oven thermometer. If you're lazy and sloppy, yeah you're going to fuck up the edible. That's on you. I do capsules, which don't need a temp higher than 225, but even cooking at 350 if your edible is bunk you did it wrong. You cooked too long or too hot or didn't properly decarb (during or before cooking).

Your links don't really mention anything that contradicts me

Except that you said weed doesn't have THCA in it by the time you get it because it's so unstable. The first link clearly shows data that directly contradicts that. THCA is not active (a fact you weren't aware of despite it being common knowledge) and there was still THCA present after 30 minutes at 240 F. Which means there is wasted potential when you don't decarb. You're making statements and then pretending you didn't make them even though they're right there for anyone to read.

There's just not going to be much left in any hash you buy, it will already be mainly if not all THC

Source? You keep saying this but have no proof. When people say weed strains or hash have "XX% THC they actually mean THCA. It converts when you burn it. This is established scientific fact. If you're going to claim it's not true you need a source other than just talking out of your ass.

Trust me, eating hash works

How many times do I have to say I never said it didn't? Who are you arguing with?

nobody wastes anything

And you know that, how? You have a special sixth sense that tells you how much THCA is in your hash? Unless you have a laboratory or have experimented extensively with heat vs. no heat (which I have) you have absolutely no way of knowing anything. "I ate hash and got stoned" is all you got, and I already explained over and over that natural decarboxylation at room temp is responsible for that. Heat would get you a LOT more stoned. How much more stoned would depend on how old and crappy your bud/hash is, a factor that will vary drastically by location and individual.

I do get your point about hash quality. The older the hash, the more decarbed it will be. But you're making blanket statements about ALL hash and the THCA molecule which are completely inaccurate and you have zero proof to back it up. You don't understand the sources you're presenting and you seem to be ignoring or misunderstanding any posts that call you on it.