• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD - The Healthy Living Thread

I think not seeing fish as meat is a European thing. I grew up thinking the same thing.

interesting.
i went pescatarian after i'd been vegetarian for a few years, then back to vego and i eat vegan these days. i love it, i really love my food and it's just such good nourishing stuff.
each to their own, naturally - i don't understand why people get so touchy about what other people eat (tbh the stereotype about holier-than-thou vegans is funny - because in my experience the opposite is far more common - omnivores (or carnivores - i call em "carnies" are always trying to tell vegans that they should eat this or that, blah blah) - but i don't know any vegans who are preachy about it. far from it.
i guess there are trendy vegans and hipster vegans and activist vegans that want to promote the lifestyle - but i've never really known anyone like that.

Isavela said:
I understand that but i do not know the english word fof a person who do eat fish and eggs, in here where i live its simply vegetarian and it can include fish and eggs or even milk products. Without them we call it vegan, not vegetarian.
that's interesting. i don't call myself a vegan, because i still wear leather shoes and have a couple of leather jackets - and i wouldn't get rid of my woollen clothes either.
seems that most modern vegans treat the 'no animal products' thing as a total lifestyle thing, where they won't wear, use or consume any animal product. i'm a bit more flexible on that one.

the original definition of a vegan (from the 1930s or 40s i believe) was a vegetarian who doesn't consume dairy (or eggs presumably) - which i guess is what i am. stopped eating meat when i was in my teens, nearly 20 years ago.
recently (well, past 5 years-ish) i discovered i was allergic to dairy, so i stopped eating cheese which both improved my health and felt better generally. i missed cheese for a while, but oddly enough, reduced my intake gradually - but when i do eat a little bit of cheese in something now, it doesn't really do much for me any more.
i prefer cashew cheese on pizza these days - it's funny - my body - and my taste palette is just fully adapted to my diet.
my gf gives me the occasional b12 shot to boost my levels in case they're low - but i love vegan food, it really works for me. i didn't start eating this way for political, environmental or ethical reasons - vego food is just so fucking good.
i think i get the same sort of kick out of healthy food that some folks get from fatty junk food. that's pretty cool, i'm happy with that.
there is a myth that vegan food is all healthy boring granola or something - but vegan junk food is becoming a massive industry, and there is some insanely unhealthy (insanely tasty) vegan desserts and cakes and stuff.
there is an amazing vegetarian/vegan bakery down the road from me - they do a big range of delicious pies, pasties, pastries, donuts and all the standard kinda baked sweet pastries range, but it's maybe 80% vegan, besides a couple of things. i love it, and there's honestly no way you could tell the difference between their vegan vanilla slice and the 'normal' variety.

I pretty much just eat my own thai food that i prepare from scratch. I am a chillian i guess lol

Thanks for the welcome :) Yeah, i don't think fish is actually "real" meat, it is just fish. And yes, vegan is for me a person who do not eat, wear etc anything from animals. I do wear leather shoes or jackets, wool shirts or socks (i buy them only second hand shops)..

But i don't think this all fuzz about my fish eating habits helps the OP to live healthier when using drugs, all i wanted to say originally was "eat a lots of veggies, fruits and berries, nuts etc, maybe fish/eggs and avoid the stuff what is not nutricious."

Think of it as a way to help you legitimately boost your own post count and so attain full Bluelighter status sooner. Or run away screaming and hide. Either way, only the strong survive =D

As for fish ..... there's no way in Hell I'm ever eating anything that shits in its own drinking water.

kAtUNn.gif

Thanks for the welcome :) Yeah, i don't think fish is actually "real" meat, it is just fish. And yes, vegan is for me a person who do not eat, wear etc anything from animals. I do wear leather shoes or jackets, wool shirts or socks (i buy them only second hand shops)..

But i don't think this all fuzz about my fish eating habits helps the OP to live healthier when using drugs, all i wanted to say originally was "eat a lots of veggies, fruits and berries, nuts etc, maybe fish/eggs and avoid the stuff what is not nutricious."

Hey

Just thought Id tell you.

I live in Australia and discussed the fish eating vegetarian person and whats the deal with that with my parents in West Australia over dinner and my dad agrees that eating fish doesnt count as meat but i dont remember the reason he gave but there's an actual term for it and its like vegetarians cousin or some shit.

There. You are talked about all over the world.

<3

But we fart in our own air....
Speak for yourself 8o

I, being a classy lady, have obviously never, ever farted in my life; but if I ever did, I am sure it would smell of violets, or something. I will let you know if it ever happens ;)
[Setting light to cows' farts] is the answer to global warming... ;)
Aye :) Just one mole of methane actually has the same global warming potential as about 20 moles of carbon dioxide; so burning it (which will give you just one mole of CO2 for every mole of CH4) even without making use of the energy liberated, would seem preferrable to venting it into the atmosphere. Though, guaranteed wholesale-rate payments for small-scale electrical generating equipment for equipment certified for connection to the National Grid would help ensure that as much of that energy got used usefully as could be .....

Yeah, i was just gonna say -

As for fish ..... there's no way in Hell I'm ever eating anything that shits in its own drinking water.

- that means no (Post-western industrialised people) people? They're so much more sustainable to eat than the free-range, cage-free variety.

Last edited:
the stereotype about holier-than-thou vegans is funny - because in my experience the opposite is far more common - omnivores (or carnivores - i call em "carnies" are always trying to tell vegans that they should eat this or that, blah blah) - but i don't know any vegans who are preachy about it. far from it.

I have also noticed that carnivores tend to accost vegans but there are many, many preachy vegans, too.

SJ, how did you become a vegan? Did you just transition overnight, or did you gradually reduce your intake of meat/animal products until eventually you were free of it?

I've been toying with the idea of trying to cut back meat, but given how much protein I eat and how complex it would be to ensure a good mix of aminos, it's always held me back.