Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD - The Healthy Living Thread

Eveleivibe

Ex-Bluelighter
As the name suggests this thread is to discuss healthy living. Things like;

What exercise are you currently doing?
Do you eat healthy?
Do you believe that you can still be healthy n take drugs? If so, why n how?
What do you think of fast food chains such as KFC n McDonalds?
How important is it to have a healthy mind? Do good nutrition n / exercise contribute to a healthy mind?

Also, if you wish feel free to document your workout / nutritional routine on a day- to- day basis.

Welcome to The Ace Healthy Living Thread for EADD

Evey

Last edited:
Ugh....aching like hell from DOMS which I usually love but my back is hurting like hell n today I overslept. Why didn't my alarm go off? Woke up at 7:30 am !!!!! Musta neded the sleep I guess.

Over my overdraft so I've gotta go credit union take some money out savings n pay that or face a charge of £5 a day plus the amount of any bills. I get my money tomorrow so that should be ok n I can pay it back. As I'm no loonger drinking alcohol things should hopefully get better n I have my parks vouchers to buy Christmas presents but I'm sondamn sick of feeling like I'm drowning n the stress of it all :( citalopram helps that somewhat.
I look at lilvibes programmes n love them because life is so simple n carefree in them n wishing life was like that. Without the stress, the anxiety, the guilt, the anger, the griefs, the regrets. Life's so carefree in Ben n Holly or Peppa Peg, Sofia the first, Grandpa in my pocket........ Ahhhh life's so simple there. Just want to get a warm, comforting blanket n protect my from the world with all this negativity n stress that never seems to go away no matter what I do to try n stop it.......

Will be back on the exercise 2moro n healthy eating what I can until I have some money. I've until Christmas to get this flab off me n get fit so will be doing these intense n HIIT stuff sonit will come off

Things will come right some day with perseverence n patience so off the the bank. Whoever invented money needs shooting.

Evey

Four fucking pages to find the healthy thread heh. Anyone else getting fit this year?

I ran to work and back three times last week and then 12km each way to a mates and back on Sunday. Nearly 60km for the week and all with a backpack on! Club Run last night without a bag felt so good! Consistently doing ~15km at sub 5min/km pace couple of times a week now. First cross country league race of the year on Sunday, big London 10k at the end of the month, then four weeks to get up to 21k for my first half marathon in March. Run <3

I think that if I started living healthily now, the shock to my system would kill me..

I ran a PB 10k in London in the end; 45:11. Little bit miffed about the 11 seconds, I blame some dodgy km marker placements on the course, checked my watch at 9km and thought I was way off a 45min finish so didn't dig in like I should have in the last km. Then then finish line appeared much sooner than I expected! Still, plenty more 10ks in the future, my long term goal is sub 40mins before I'm 40 so I have 7 more years to hit that target.

XC season is over now, I placed 29th overall out of 198 senior men, mostly thanks to a scoring system that penalises people who don't turn up to all the races. My best individual result was only 57th! Still, it's got me into running off road and me and a mate are going to train up this year to do the Fan Dance and The OMM next year.

Got my first half marathon next weekend so I'm tapering now. I ran a half marathon distance to work this morning though, first time I ran a full 13.1miles. Did it in 1hr 58mins which isn't great, but that was with a backpack so I'm aiming for 1hr 45 next weekend.

All good fun and keeping me on the straight and narrow :)

I ran a PB 10k in London in the end; 45:11. Little bit miffed about the 11 seconds, I blame some dodgy km marker placements on the course, checked my watch at 9km and thought I was way off a 45min finish so didn't dig in like I should have in the last km. Then then finish line appeared much sooner than I expected! Still, plenty more 10ks in the future, my long term goal is sub 40mins before I'm 40 so I have 7 more years to hit that target.

XC season is over now, I placed 29th overall out of 198 senior men, mostly thanks to a scoring system that penalises people who don't turn up to all the races. My best individual result was only 57th! Still, it's got me into running off road and me and a mate are going to train up this year to do the Fan Dance and The OMM next year.

Got my first half marathon next weekend so I'm tapering now. I ran a half marathon distance to work this morning though, first time I ran a full 13.1miles. Did it in 1hr 58mins which isn't great, but that was with a backpack so I'm aiming for 1hr 45 next weekend.

All good fun and keeping me on the straight and narrow :)

Don't stress about 11 seconds Josh, i'd have been happy with 11 hours...

Really need to sort my life out n get back to exercise. I'm so ashamed of the past few months n really don't know what I've been thinking. Want to get exerciskng. I'm paying for gym membership I'm not using.

How long after 3 before you're able to begin a proper exercise regime? Seem to be less tired than yesterday but I don't want that shit I don't do nothing for me. I've reslly been an idiot.

The sooner all this toxic shit is out of me (including Buprenorphine!) the better.

Money on Thursday so need to get in good, healthy foods.

Evey

Nice one Josh, started running last year but been quite lax with it, more for leisure, though i do what to increase my speed and stamina, any tips? Can do a 5k at approx 27 minutes, but for stamina i start flagging around 7/8k, is interval training better for improving stamina or should i try go as far as i can at a slow pace?

Id reccomend it to anyone, the natural rush you get from it is incredible, definitely something thats helped me stay on the right path this last year, and being out there with your headphones in zoned out is ace, a break from the world

i am currently training for a half-marathon - my second. i'm at about 4 miles right now and it's hard...

purely an aside, but we have a whole forum dedicated to healthy living: Healthy Living

it's a little sad to see discussion like this limited to eadd when there's a forum full of interesting people and interesting topics dedicated to topics like this. i know eadd is a tight-knit community but this subject isn't regional and it would be great to see people poke their heads over the battlements in a case like this.

alasdair

i am currently training for a half-marathon - my second. i'm at about 4 miles right now and it's hard...

purely an aside, but we have a whole forum dedicated to healthy living: Healthy Living

it's a little sad to see discussion like this limited to eadd when there's a forum full of interesting people and interesting topics dedicated to topics like this. i know eadd is a tight-knit community but this subject isn't regional and it would be great to see people poke their heads over the battlements in a case like this.

alasdair

I've been think on this Ali n you do have a point not sure why most stay in EADD as opposed to venture outwards but they do which is why I made the thread. I'm going to make a thread see what responses come out of curiosity.

Evey

I like to go on long (1-4 hours)walks with my dog and i always walk to places instead of driving. I'm a vegetarian, so i eat pretty healthy; lots of vegetables,fruits, berries and no meat except fish and eggs. I think it is possible to stay healthy even if you use drugs, if you do not use them everyday/binge and take food supplements (vitamin D/C, omega-3, good quality magnesium..)to recovery and sleep and eat well. Sleep is very, very important. And so is healthy food and vitamins.

Im healthy living rnough by not doing drugs for a bit, testing my brain cells, ate a bit of lettuce and drank some water.

Also wine has some things that are goid and olive oil and shit like that.

Going for new experiences outside my comfort zone like walking on the beach is good for the mind. I dont like sand as it gets in my bum though

Im healthy living rnough by not doing drugs for a bit, testing my brain cells, ate a bit of lettuce and drank some water.

Also wine has some things that are goid and olive oil and shit like that.

Going for new experiences outside my comfort zone like walking on the beach is good for the mind. I dont like sand as it gets in my bum though

Have you got no legs :?

Yeah but they arent very long and things like sand and ants find their way into bum area and i dont get out very much coz that.

Wtf am i doing in this thread anyway

Im not into health. Just enuff to remain alive is good enuff.