• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

2001 is a classic in every way but i too only came to see it such as i watched it recently a bit more grown up than when i first tried it

I see that Rouge One was already mentions - I loved it! It had a great 'Star Wars' feel about it that the newer ones lacked.

I haven't watched that much recently but a couple of horrors that I could recommend

First born - has horrible reviews and I can understand why but I would say give it a go.

The Autopsy of Jane Doe - I really enjoyed this. If you like horrors then you need to see this :D. Great stuff.

Touched with fire - great drama and worth catching

Hector - in one of the reviews it mentioned 'portrait of an invisible man'. Pretty heartwarming and soul crushing portrait of a homeless guy played by Peter Mullan who looked great a bit scruffy around the edges <3

I watched Reacher 2 - I wish I hadn't!

Down Under - Has some really laugh out loud moments and great fun as a background movie.

Last edited:
I watched a brilliant movie over the weekend (really took me by surprise)

Ethel and Earnest - This hand drawn animated film, based on the award winning graphic novel by Raymond Briggs, is an intimate and affectionate depiction of the life and times of his parents, two ordinary Londoners living through extraordinary events.

I have to admit that I was going to switch it off after about 10 minutes but so glad that I stuck with it <3 - It's writted by Raymond Briggs (Snowman and When the wind blows) so you may have an idea of what your in for. It's a animated portrayal of family life but the attention to detail, the historical milestones, the day to day struggles and celebrations along with the humor are really something else.

I first saw When 'The Wind Blows' when I was about 7 - I wish someone had introduced me to Dr Strangelove at that age as it gave me nightmares that still live with me to this day.

My mother took me to the cinema to WTWB when it came out based on her fondness for The Snowman. Lawdy how we both got gutshot by that idea. To this day one of the most harrowing films I have ever seen. But also absolutely masterful.

I would highly recommend watching Ethel and Ernest :). Like I said above I was so tempted to switch it off after about 10 minutes but stuck with it and really pleased I did.

Wanna be freaked out? Watch 'Threads'.

'When the wind blows' is like Tom & Jerry In comparison.

That's not say that WTWB isn't a classic - it most definitely is. But 'Threads' hits even harder... (It's available on YouTube in full, but I'm having trouble finding it on my phone)

I now find it hard to believe that I lived through a time when the nuclear holocaust was considered to be inevitable and imminent...

Last edited:
Threads is a harrowing movie :/

We watched a great one last night and thoroughly enjoyed it

Queen of Katwe - A Ugandan girl sees her world rapidly change after being introduced to the game of chess.

Great stuff indeed :)

Wanna be freaked out? Watch 'Threads'.

'When the wind blows' is like Tom & Jerry In comparison.

That's not say that WTWB isn't a classic - it most definitely is. But 'Threads' hits even harder... (It's available on YouTube in full, but I'm having trouble finding it on my phone)

I now find it hard to believe that I lived through a time when the nuclear holocaust was considered to be inevitable and imminent...

Christ almighty - Threads scared the absolute shit out of me. To think they actually used to show the film to school children.

Is it like a situational drama that was actually used for public education about the bomb? :?

EDIT: Sorry that was a question that was a bit stupid to ask while I'm on the internet. I'm a bit ganja muddled so I'm thinking out type. Ok, so it was a straight up award winning drama.

To rephrase while 'I begin to engage with the process of reviewing a copy' did they just take this and show it in school for any particular purpose apart from just trying to hammer into children that, regardless of ones personal sense of security there is this constant, terrifying, world ending scenario?

Or were the teachers actually trying to sell some 'duck & cover' survival scenario and that there is actually a reason to live through this, as it doesn't appear to have been broadcast on the weekday morning slots on BB2 with You and Me and all that stuff?

Last edited:
I think Threads was released in 1984, a few years after I finished school, but I do remember several years earlier when I was at school, we used to regularly have tests of the 4 minute warning siren...

I think Threads was released in 1984, a few years after I finished school, but I do remember several years earlier when I was at school, we used to regularly have tests of the 4 minute warning siren...

8o 8) :X

Yup. says it was first screened 1984. I saw Ghostbusters once it became available that winter on home video and I was at the age that I absolutely shit myself at that - it sounds like if I had been exposed to 'Threads' in that way I might have ended up with long term problems regarding my emotions and neurosis. If I'd been taught duck & cover and all that I'd say I would have been locked up by the age of 15.

At school, we were all issued with 'Protect and Survive' manuals, full of vital information like 'make a shelter using doors, fill up sandbags, gather together a month's worth of supplies and fuckin shit yourself'. All in 4 minutes. No one was fooled, we all knew that if the shit hit the fan, we were fucked.

Although I spent a significant portion of my teenage years expecting to be vapourised with fuck all warning, it kind of pales into insignificance compared to what our parents/grandparents suffered during the war, which actually happened, rather than just being a threat...

I fear that these times may soon come again, due to the good ol' USA's choice of president....

Last edited:
I saw Threads on tellybox when it was first shown in 1984 (would have been aged 8 or 9) and it frit me so bad I've never yet managed to watch it again on PooToob. Bleak and terrifying. Much like the 80s in general really. Was convinced none of us would live to see the 90s. No wonder we all got so wasted for so long at the earliest opportunity really :D

When the Wind Blows was far more subtle but also far, far superior because you really cared about the old couple and the futility of Blitz Spirit meeting thermonuclear warfare was just heartbreaking. Will have to look into Bear's recommendation cos Raymond Briggs stuff is always worth a watch.

I saw 2001 at the age of 10. I think that's why I take drugs :\

The Power Rangers movie had the same effect on me.

Speaking of which, at that age I used to think that the lyrics to 'How Deep Is Your Love' were, ''because we're living in a world of ooze''. I thought the Bee Gees had written a song about Ivan Oooze from the Power Rangers film, which I highly recommend ;)

NSFW:
ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg

Oooze for life %)

The Power Rangers movie had the same effect on me.

Speaking of which, at that age I used to think that the lyrics to 'How Deep Is Your Love' were, ''because we're living in a world of ooze''. I thought the Bee Gees had written a song about Ivan Oooze from the Power Rangers film, which I highly recommend ;)

NSFW:
ivanoozemmprmovie03.jpg

Oooze for life %)
I think the Bee Gees had accurately predicted FUBARs rectal ooze issues ...