• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v6 - Nominated five times

3/4 of the way through a Roger Deakin's Double bill - 'Skyfall' and now 'Sicario'. Loving it.

Victoria - A Spanish woman living alone in Berlin gets coerced into a bank robbery by four locals after leaving a club one night.

Really super stuff, all shot in one take too. Had a La Haine sort of feel to it.

Sounded cool so I watched it on a whim this evening. What a fucking rollercoaster!

The Young Victoria was sweet, I do like a historical drama. Easy on the eye, and mind..

I've been waiting for this since I read the book - 'The girl with all the gifts' - A scientist and a teacher living in a dystopian future embark on a journey of survival with a special young girl named Melanie.

I really, really enjoyed it - it's on for 2.5hours and pretty slow (it's not an action movie) but the way - actually I can't say much without spoiling it.

I would highly recommend watching it ! (TBH - seeing it on a big screen really didn't add that much to it and it would be great to watch at home).

Going to see Manchester by the Sea tonight. It's getting a lot of pre-Oscar hype. I liked what the writer had to say about it in an interview, love the music he picked and the fact that he eschewed the typical happy ending saying, "That would not have been real." I'll report back on it later.

Not a recommendation but a statement: my daughter and her feller went to see the new stars wars film - and both fell asleep! Says it all...

Not a recommendation but a statement: my daughter and her feller went to see the new stars wars film - and both fell asleep! Says it all...
I have quite a few friends who say the exact opposite. Thats its awesome and up there with the original trilogy. Of course i prefer Star Otters...now thats a film.

I don't 'get' star wars at all. Obviously I enjoyed the first one, but I was only a nipper when it was released. All of the subsequent cash cows I've seen were shite in my humble opinion. And as for 'The phantom Menace' what the fuck was that? One of the worst films I've ever seen. Even my son thought it was shite.

Recently seen Tye Passangers. Was promoted as a sort of Titanic kind of lovestory in space but it really was a rather good movie. A date movie with a bit of scifi in it. Liked it. The 3D was useless imho. As is with most non actiony films

I don't 'get' star wars at all. Obviously I enjoyed the first one, but I was only a nipper when it was released. All of the subsequent cash cows I've seen were shite in my humble opinion. And as for 'The phantom Menace' what the fuck was that? One of the worst films I've ever seen. Even my son thought it was shite.

Objectively your probably right but it's fan boy stuff and I fucking love it - I wasn't born when it came out but became conscious and self aware as a human in it's aftermath with my formative life experiences based around the films (Return Of The Jedi was the first film I ever saw at the cinema) so I'm easily pleased when it comes to this kind of nonsense. I'm one of the few people in the world that actually like the prequels (I know they were never going to hold up to the first 3 so I don't think I was as let down as most, I was just happy to be adventuring in that universe again. TPM is proper dodj but I like it for sentimental reasons (the first new SW film to come out since I was 5 - I being the prick I am even dressed up as DV to go to the cinema the day of release. The other 2 were fun in there own right and ultimately I see them as providing a nicely made, interesting back story to the main event. I am aware that I stand alone in this thinking mind and even the most devoted SW fans generally hate them).

After seeing The Force Awakens last Christmas in IMAX (which I remember thinking was fantastic) I then didn't have a chance to revisit it until last week, as I had been waiting for the 3d version to come out and once it did I decided to save it for Christmas, re watching the first 6 first (over the preceding couple of weeks) for the first time since the BD's were released in 2011, the first time I have got to watch all 7 in a row (I used to do silly things like this even when I had a life). The Force Awakens is just amazing and even better than I remember it, yes it is just a remix of the 1977 original, but as I said I'm far too easily pleased when it comes to this stuff and there are still enough fresh elements in it too justify its existence. The roller-coaster ride in the Falcon through the crashed Star Destroyer in threed was a juvenile but undeniable thrill. I saw Jason Bourne yesterday and thought it was amazing. Yes it uses all the tropes of the original 3 but that's what I want from a Bourne film (I'm easily pleased of course) and if it aint bost.

I've just had a Superman double bill - Superman II (1980) and Superman Returns (2006). I just lap up space opera, comic book conversions, the general genre of tentpole fantasy film that my ex used to describe as 'ridiculous fiction'.

3/4 of the way through a Roger Deakin's Double bill - 'Skyfall' and now 'Sicario'. Loving it.
i'm a huge fan of roger deakins' work.

i saw rogue one over the xmas break and thoroughly loved it.

alasdair

Saw new Star Wars yesterday. Fucking awesome. No spoilers but it fits right into the Star Wars universe. 5 stars.

Thank you. I try my best :)

2001: A Space Odyssey. Now that's a classic film - I went to see it a couple of years before Star Wars was released and is the yardstick by which I judge all science fiction films. Few have even come close....

Last edited:
Thank you. I try my best :)

2001: A Space Odyssey. Now that's a classic film - I went to see it a couple of years before Star Wars was released and is the yardstick by which I judge all science fiction films. Few have even come close....

I love 2001 (almost) as much as I love SW but they're completely different. 2001 is really quite abstract in places, You couldn't even call the SW stuff sci fi - it's space opera.

I love 2001 (almost) as much as I love SW but they're completely different. 2001 is really quite abstract in places, You couldn't even call the SW stuff sci fi - it's space opera.
He is trying to appear classy but his first love is Snow White and then the German Goo Girls franchise

I tried watching 2001 a long time ago. I think I got bored and switched it off- I must try it again now I'm sorta grown up.

Watched Touching the Void (documentary film) last night. Enjoyed it and hate to spout a cliché but these climbers are inspirational and really reminds you the great strength the human body and mind is capable of

I thought it was rather boring, too. The soundtrack is good and the cinematography seems pretty groundbreaking for the time though. It was also good to connect so many pop culture references relating to the film.

...bored...

...boring...

I don't know about you Don, but as for Bob not seeing it in a long time, this definitely wasn't a film I grew up enjoying - I saw it once as a youngster and thought it was a piece of shit but ended up buying the BD about 7 years ago - the film fucking rocks (it does borderline on arthouse so you have to wait until about 20 odd minutes in before even a semblance of a plot emerges before dissipating again towards the end...) but it's absolutely immaculately constructed, the BD transfer is one of the best I've seen, making the film one of the most beautiful I've ever seen, the completely classical (is it just Strauss? as he goes for the same romantic - Germanic era 'fuzzy warbles' that he so masterfully retouches in A Clockwork Orange) soundtrack just turns the thing into an actual ballet.. cannot say enough good things about this film after rediscovering as an adult (in terms of age that definition btw)