• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

Just watched Papillon again last night after many years and think it should get a mention here

The Revenant - In the 1820s, a frontiersman named Hugh Glass sets out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling.

Visually gorgeous movie but goes on and on and we got bored with it half way through.

The Revenant - In the 1820s, a frontiersman named Hugh Glass sets out on a path of vengeance against those who left him for dead after a bear mauling.

Visually gorgeous movie but goes on and on and we got bored with it half way through.
I'd have to agree and since we're discussing films who haven't been released in the cinema(UK) yet 'the hatefull eight' falls in the same boat, absolutely boring. I had to watch it in three parts over three days.

another thing that got me with the revenant...spoiler
NSFW:
how long can you survive in cold water? Not long about a minute or two and this guy floats down it for a good few miles wtf...1820's America hadn't invented frost bite either....it's being a bit pedant but fuck me it's rather obvious and just spoiled the film for me...

Its a bit "rah-rah" U.S.A. all the way..But I rather liked American Sniper. That geezer did ok in it.

I went to see 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' at the weekend there, I took my 4 year old daughter with me, even though it's been certified a 12A I feel that there is nothing obscene or inappropriate whatsoever in the film. I must say that as a lifelong Star Wars fan I absolutely loved it, there are plenty of satisfying nods towards the original trilogy as well as the excitement of seeing familiar faces on the big screen. The new characters Kylo Ren, Rey & Finn are welcome additions and I look forward to seeing more of them in the next two episodes. I especially liked Kylo Ren, a fitting homage to Darth Vader with his own issues that run so deep I kind of expect him to pop up posting in Bluelight, his costume design was also incredibly rousing.

9/10

Revenant – As mentioned visually stunning but slow as a week in the jail plot line wise.

Hateful Eight – Slow also but found it a bit more entertaining.

Concussion – Will Smith plays a Nigerian doctor taking onthe NFL…thoroughly enjoyed this one

Sicario – This one is a great watch…drug trade/cartels etc

Joy – Got to the pics and everything was fully booked and only film with seats with this. No clue what it was about….bottom line complete and utter shite. Full film based around a woman who designs a mop. Excellent cast…horrific film so avoid at ALL costs. Still can’t believe this was actually made into a film.

Psycho is such an influential and iconic piece of work, it gave birth to a whole genre of slasher films. I'd say it is definitely up there in my top 20 at the very least.

was going through cat stevens and it reminded me of a film i really liked

The fuck is wrong with film producers and their understanding of what a 'true story' is and 'real events' are?!
If you're gonna make a film about Lili Elbe you cannot rewrite her sexuality to suit your own needs, for fuck's sake.

If you fancy a cuppa and bit of shortbread the The Midnight Meat Train might be worth a swatchy.

The Man didn't like it but I delight in anything horrific and foodie :D

almost forgot shallow Grave i preferred that to trainspotting which should be here as well .whats the matter with ye lads

almost forgot shallow Grave i preferred that to trainspotting which should be here as well .whats the matter with ye lads

Not seen Shallow Grave in years mate, it is a good film - not sure about it being better than Trainspotting though buddy, Trainspotting ticks all the right boxes to warrant it's cult classic status.