• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

EADD Film Recommendations v5 - TBC

As good an accolade that most modern Hollywood films can be bestowed upon it :D

EDIT: I take it back - I didn't realise it was a British film. I saw the trailer and it looks rather good. It is on my fabled list now. Cheers for bringing it to my attention <3

Revenant – As mentioned visually stunning but slow as a week in the jail plot line wise.

Hateful Eight – Slow also but found it a bit more entertaining.

Concussion – Will Smith plays a Nigerian doctor taking onthe NFL…thoroughly enjoyed this one

Sicario – This one is a great watch…drug trade/cartels etc

Joy – Got to the pics and everything was fully booked and only film with seats with this. No clue what it was about….bottom line complete and utter shite. Full film based around a woman who designs a mop. Excellent cast…horrific film so avoid at ALL costs. Still can’t believe this was actually made into a film.

Totally agree with you there on the Revenant - Visually stunning but god damn is it slow paced, overall a decent film but feels like its 4hr+

Sicario - Really enjoyable look on the so called drug war / black ops - Canny twist aswell I'll shh there.

One flew over the cuckoos nest - Always watch this when im feeling a bit down absolutely fantastic film, old jack was in some fantastic films bk then wasn't he?

^

Certainly have seen, or am intending, to see some of the films that Humper listed there.

Firstly, The Hateful Eight. It wasn't Tarantino's best film, but it was still enjoyable. I actually didn't find it too slow, even though there was a lot of scene setting & build up, I never looked at my watch once. Strangely, I rather enjoyed the first part of the film doing that & actually found when the shit hit the fan, so to speak, it was all over a bit quickly & somewhat of an anti-climax after all that build up. The score & cinematography was amazing though. Well worth seeing overall.

Very interested by Sicario. I'm surprised that I hadn't heard of that film until now. Certainly adding it to my list of films to watch though.

Now, currently I am contemplating going to see a couple of films. Obviously, after all the critical acclaim, The Revenant is one of those. However, I am somewhat put off by the comments of it being very slow paced. I still think it is something I should see though.

The second film I want to see is Creed. The title might not immediately give away what the film in fact is unless you are on the ball, that being the next in the Rocky franchise. Now the title makes sense! (sort of) It's about Apollo Creed's son, who (shock horror) followed in his fathers footsteps as a boxer & (shock horror) ends up getting trained by none other than Rocky Balboa. Seems to have got very good reviews, so definitely looking forward to it.

Finally, I will just mention Star Wars: The Force Awakens. I personally think the film lived up to all the hype & was very pleasing. Pleasing is certainly the right word because it is very familiar to those who are fans of the original films. Yet at the same time, the new additions added some fresh blood & have given some more intrigue for the new films. I will certainly being looked forward to the next one.

I thought The Revenant was better than Hateful Eight personally. Definitely worth watching anyway.

It is slower paced but it's a more epic tale in the long run, and apparently based on a true story. Was reading that the locals at the time were saying the guy was raped by the bear lol, he denied it obviously. I imagine the big screen version is only loosely to the tale, great movie though. Would be a good one to see in the cinema but I watched it at home and didn't move - which is ususual :)

That looks really good Sid. What did you think of it?

Just saw this haha. Was actually ok to start with, lots of people smoking brown and looked like it had potential. What went wrong?!? :S :D

I'm looking forward to catching The Revenant. It looks like exactly my type of film, and it is said to be one of those grand cinematic epics that only does itself full justice on a huge cinema screen.

A cinema visit is a rare occasion for me, but I think it may well be worth making the effort for this one.

Just watched Ted 2, bit too wasted to fully appreciate it and give it my full attention. Still a good laugh though would recommend :)

^ i watched that recently. i really enjoyed the first one and this one felt a little like a sophomoric rehash. but, it still had me in stitches in places. i watched it on a plane and it was perfect for that environment.

alasdair

^ i watched that recently. i really enjoyed the first one and this one felt a little like a sophomoric rehash. but, it still had me in stitches in places. i watched it on a plane and it was perfect for that environment.

alasdair

maxresdefault.jpg

Quirky filmed in one go....

Saw hateful eight recently, found it a bit dull. A bit of a shame cos i usually love Tarantino films. I wanna see the new Star wars and The Revenant soon

I can highly recommend

The Danish Girl - A fictitious love story loosely inspired by the lives of Danish artists Lili Elbe and Gerda Wegener. Lili and Gerda's marriage and work evolve as they navigate Lili's groundbreaking journey as a transgender pioneer.

Solace - A psychic works with the FBI in order to hunt down a serial killer.

*edit* I forgot to mention

The Big Short -Four denizens of the world of high-finance predict the credit and housing bubble collapse of the mid-2000s, and decide to take on the big banks for their greed and lack of foresight.

It's actually mind boggling and very grim the way that the banks were dealing with mortgages and bad dept etc

Now this next one is a strange one that you should try and watch

Anomalisa
- A man crippled by the mundanity of his life experiences something out of the ordinary.

Last edited:
Last night I watched: (on Netflix...)

Cobain: Montage of Heck

Surprisingly it's the first real in-depth look I've had into Kurt Cobain. I knew the basics but the depth this shows can be quite harrowing, yet eye-opening at the same time. It's not perfect, I don't think any account on Kurt Cobain's life will be but I thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it was difficult to watch at times. I suspect that was somewhat the point though. Of particular interest was the first half of the film on his childhood & the segment on his family life with Courtney & his daughter. Rightly so, it doesn't go into too much speculation over his death but of course, Courtney does have her input. 8)

I was pretty disappointed with 'Creed' - it was really nice seeing 'Rocky' again but the movie is pretty boring and drags on a bit.

Old one that was just on TV - Final Fantasy, The spirits within. Great movie.

The other big title movie that I watched recently was 'In the heart of the sea' updated 'Moby Dick' tale but nothing that exciting.

Best movie I have watched in a while was 'Solace'