• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Pure Powder / DXM HBr

Here's the report:

with 600mg pure dxm powder orally on empty stomach (said to be 99.7% pure by the supplier) mixed with some PEG (to help with absorption):
t+20min: relaxed and happy
t+30min: some nausea, the dissociative effects comes up too quick, destroying all ophoric effects, which mean I had no ophoria from this point of the trip (t+30min) to the very end (t+6h) cause I was just feeling too uncomfortable, confused and lobotomised to enjoy the trip.
I feel really feverish, there's a bad headache (that will last for almost the all trip long), I feel pressure in my head
t+1h: I'm very dissociated, but there's no ophoria , I'm almost deliriant, often fall on the floor unable to stand up (while I can go to a rave, dance and talk with people on 900mg otc dxm gellcaps). I feel too hot (do I feel hot or is there real hypertermia??)... and I have severe vertigo.
Sometime I feel so intoxicated that I think I'm going to pass out, but I didn't.
There's a nasty toxic feeling attached to the trip, I strongly dislike it (while I use to LOVE 900mg from otc gellcaps)
The all trip lasted for some 6-7hours, and it was much less visual than with otc gellcaps (and the few visuals I had were also less coloured and trippy, and my mind would not travel as it does with otc pills because the unpleasant side effects would prevent any kind of dreaming ). I really tried my best to enjoy the trip, but it was just too uncomfortable.
....so, the ophoria was destroyed at T+30min, and the all rest of the trip was some kind of unpleasant dissociated delirium, unable to stand up for long with really nasty side effects and a definite feeling of toxicity.
Note: on another attempt, I had the same nasty trip with 450 mg pure powder orally

To compare here's what I get from 900mg dxm from OTC gellcaps (on empty stomach)....which is a dose I used on several occasions:
extreme ophoria during the all trip (6hours), nice trippy CEVs (makes my mind travel, it's some kind of waking dream, really nice), pleasant warm feeling in my body (but nothing like the uncomfortable heat I felt with the pure powder)...slight pressure in the head during the come up but nothing unpleasant (while the head pressure with pure powder was really disturbing), absolutely NO side effects (no headache, no vertigo), I also get wonderful dissociative effects (nothing like delirium) and I'm able to do lot's of things: walk around, dance, talk with people, otc dxm gives me energy and makes me enjoy moving (while with pure powder standing up for long was very difficult, and I would often remain on the floor for long periods of time, in a delirious dissociated state)...

Any suggestions ? (other than PEG as I already tried this solution without success)

Last edited:
I think the problem is that you are taking it all down in one go. With the syrup I find if I chug the bottle really quickly in one huge gulp, I get the following effects: delierum, no happiness, feeling to floored to move, no visuals just bad vision. However If i drink it all slowly over half an hour, even If I take extra, it still will be a much smoother more energetic trip with better visuals.

Maybe try taking it slowly over half an hour?

I have heard the reason for it being more speedy if slowly consuming dxm is because after a while the liver begins converting the dxm to dxo, so taking more later on converts it straight to dxo. Is there any truth in this?

I've used pure powder many times and like it much better than cough syrup. I always vomit with syrup but only get moderate nausea and no vomiting with up to 1.2 grams of powder. I usually take it all at once.

It takes at least 750mg for me to have a third plateau trip. A gram will pretty much take me to another reality, I will be unaware of anything in the real world and mostly unable to even sense the real world. The trips have all been good and very intense. The only negative experiences were mixing with ephedra and mixing with 2c-e.

I had amazing trips mixing DXM powder and 4-ho-mipt. Dxm+4-ho-mipt+HBWR resulted in a +4 trip, and it was the longest lasting +4 I have had.

thanks a lot Jwlst, taking it over an extended period of time is a great idea...I think I will take my regular 900mg over 1h (300mg per 30 min)...with PEG

weird!

whenever i had pure powder it was great, i'd put 1,000-1,500mg into a single gelcap and swallow it w/ no urge to barf or nausea. it seemed to take the edge off the trip, never had a bad time.

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/peg.htm

http://www.dextromethorphan.ws/psychedelicbooze.htm

Doseing up with pure dxm and 1oz or so oz of robo syrup or jell caps GREATLY increases the effects.

You can have some wild trips with pure dxm you just have to experament with it and get the right dosage. 500mg of pure DXM would be the very least I would say to take to get any type of a trip. Pure DXM can take a very long time to kick in even at high doses.

I found it to be more fun than just robo alone, but its still annoing becuase id still have to drink some robo or liquor with it.

i've found them to be very much the same, though i've always only ever used just one specific brand of syrup

genaro said:
Here's the report:

with 600mg pure dxm powder orally on empty stomach (said to be 99.7% pure by the supplier) mixed with some PEG (to help with absorption):
t+30min: some nausea, the dissociative effects comes up too quick, destroying all ophoric effects, which mean I had no ophoria from this point of the trip (t+30min) to the very end (t+6h) cause I was just feeling too uncomfortable, confused and lobotomised to enjoy the trip.
I feel really feverish, there's a bad headache (that will last for almost the all trip long), I feel pressure in my head
t+1h: I'm very dissociated, but there's no ophoria , I'm almost deliriant, often fall on the floor unable to stand up (while I can go to a rave, dance and talk with people on 900mg otc dxm gellcaps). I feel too hot (do I feel hot or is there real hypertermia??)... and I have severe vertigo.
Sometime I feel so intoxicated that I think I'm going to pass out, but I didn't.
There's a nasty toxic feeling attached to the trip, I strongly dislike it (while I use to LOVE 900mg from otc gellcaps)
The all trip lasted for some 6-7hours, and it was much less visual than with otc gellcaps (and the few visuals I had were also less coloured and trippy, and my mind would not travel as it does with otc pills because the unpleasant side effects would prevent any kind of dreaming ). I really tried my best to enjoy the trip, but it was just too uncomfortable.
....so, the ophoria was destroyed at T+30min, and the all rest of the trip was some kind of unpleasant dissociated delirium, unable to stand up for long with really nasty side effects and a definite feeling of toxicity.
Note: on another attempt, I had the same nasty trip with 450 mg pure powder orally

To compare here's what I get from 900mg dxm from OTC gellcaps (on empty stomach)....which is a dose I used on several occasions:
extreme ophoria during the all trip (6hours), nice trippy CEVs (makes my mind travel, it's some kind of waking dream, really nice), pleasant warm feeling in my body (but nothing like the uncomfortable heat I felt with the pure powder)...slight pressure in the head during the come up but nothing unpleasant (while the head pressure with pure powder was really disturbing), absolutely NO side effects (no headache, no vertigo), I also get wonderful dissociative effects (nothing like delirium) and I'm able to do lot's of things: walk around, dance, talk with people, otc dxm gives me energy and makes me enjoy moving (while with pure powder standing up for long was very difficult, and I would often remain on the floor for long periods of time, in a delirious dissociated state)...

Any suggestions ? (other than PEG as I already tried this solution without success)

how long did you wait before dosing the DXM powder after the gelcaps? If 2 isn't sufficient up the amount to 4 and try again. With 900mg you shouldn't have energy and be able to walk around you should be falling flat on your face attempting to stand up and have VERY little cordination. Perhaps that 900mg you took last time either 1.] you messed up calculating the dose and it was way lower or 2.] you had a full stomache which slowed the absortion. 900mg is approx high 3rd/4th plateau range, I don't know anyone who can possibly manage to have tons of energy in that state.

DXM in and of itself is a dissociative which is sort of delerious if you look at in a certain way so for you to be on the ground in a dissociaitve / delerious state I would said that's pretty normal. Also smoking pot changes the trip from dissociative to the uppity feel you might want, it's alot more psychedelic then dissociative. I can't wait to try DXM again, planning on using the pure powder + peg-400/gelcaps this time. DXM is known for having quite varied effects on people perhaps your diet / brain adapted during the last time you dosed.

I still think drinking some robo or a few shots of vodka is way more effective than taking PEG.

I'm not really into DXM, but why would it matter whether it comes from OC pills or pure powder? Assuming of course there are no other ingredients, DXM is DXM. Believe otherwise if you wish, but the chemistry explains itself.

"many amateur researchers investigating this compound have had considerable trouble due to the low bioavailability of DXM HBr in its native state."

exactly.
and oils/fatty compounds in OTC pills difinately change the absorption lenght, and therefore the nature of the trip experienced (more progressive, less violent so it's more enjoyable with less side effects).

I have no experience with pure DXM.HBr powder but have had one experience using a home-made Agent Lemon extraction. It was definitely cleaner and nicer than syrup, and didn't compromise any of the desirable effects.

But then again, a home extraction still yields a far from pure product.

when i did pure dxm.. it took like 2hrs to even hit me.. but when it did i was very fucked up for like 6 hours.

but my days of abusing dxm is over.. i dont do that shit anymore

genaro said:
Here's the report:

Thank's for that writeup, although I find the effects of dxm powder pure quite the contrary, no body load, beautiful, I'v'e been recently mixing with a gram or so (dried weight not weight) of fresh cubes, the euphoria was INTENSE.

Now I know that in 1 half hour I'll be in heaven. :)

Pure DXM powder seems to be a crapshoot just like syrup DXM. I have had both my favorite and least favorite DXM experiences with pure DXM, and overall hugely prefer it to syrup or gels...

Also, wasn't this thread like 3 years old?