• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

should be a decent time. 225mg is definitely a "doing stuff" dose, not a laying down and tripping dose. hope it goes well!

one each is enough for a nice light and social trip, not too intense either, if its your first time take less and then go on from there but it takes a very long time to kick in and obviously lasts a long time so remember that

Wow, I think I should have got more. It was like the time I didn't take enough mushies.

Felt anxious and pissed off. Had a bad fallout with my trip friend over no good reason, very light visuals. The fallout made me dump 70mg diaz and 10mg zopiclone (cause I'm an idiot) which made it even worse.

Not sure whether or not doing this again is a good idea.. BL, if I doubled (or added an extra 100mg) to the dosage do you think it would be enjoyable? Or would it be best to leave it...?

well it depends on how much you weigh, right?

when i took dxm for the first time i used the guide on erowid to figure out how much to take and all, and i bought 2 bottles with 20 gels in each (15mg per gelcap) because i didnt think 300 would be enough. i ended up taking 400mg i think, and im about 110lbs. this was WAY too much, put me over into another dimension, spent the entire time cowering in my friend's car, unable to move, felt like the world was collapsing in on me, everyone was dead, i was dead. it was horrible.
not until hours later, still in the car, i started having really amazing closed eye visuals that were cool to look at, but i was still feeling horribly paranoid and felt like the earth was dead, i was locked in this car with no one around, etc.

the second time i tried, i figured i would use up what was left from the last time i tried, which was about 200mg. this was a much better dose, i was alone in my room this time, and spent the majority of the time listening to music and watching a trippy app on my ipod. sounds boring, yeah, but the whole time i kept thinking how it was the happiest i'd ever felt in my life haha. i was horribly itchy this time though, which didnt happen the time before, so i couldnt really move cause if my skin touched anything it would just start itching like crazy.

225 is barely enough for a trip, thats what i meant by a light social trip, try some cough gels or even better get a zicam cough spray and drink one of those. They have 400mg in each.

some people are more than happy at the 400 mg range, i know i was at first , but some people are better at even 600 (at least when wanting to have a full on trip). Even today 400-600 is pretty nice dose for me.

What OTC product in the UK can I buy that doesn't contain shit that will kill me and isn't a thick syrup?

i dont know exactly what products are over there, but just make sure that Dextromethorphan is the only active ingredient.

Anyone have any experience with the supposed 50 trip ceiling?

I'm trying to find info on this too. It seems I have developed an immunity with this drug, I have abstained over a year to return to a 700 mg dose with poor results.

I'd be very careful at 1400mg, you're getting pretty close to an overdose. If it's still not taking you far enough, I think you'd be better off finding a stronger yet safer drug. DMT?

I get harm reduction, but harm reduction seems to have closed a lot of peoples minds to DXM on top of it being dirty. (Besides those issues, it is fucking awesome for some people, myself included!)

Why rec DMT to the man? First off, availability is probably an issue.

Secondly, what do you mean by "stronger" in this situation?

I'm a big fan of DMT and would rec the experience as the ultimate quick tryptamine, but why do people let their own opinions let them get all useless in DXM threads. (No offense, this dexer is probably not about to call his night off to order some mimosa and be you!)

In my opinion ranging with 100+ trials from 300-1750mg, 900mg at around ~180lb was my favorite. You can surely up the dose more, and yes, the dissociated states become more bizzare, but you will remember exponentially less past this point. (My 1750mg night consisted of very few memories!)

No, at 250lb 1400mg is not likely to kill you if you are surely taking DXM or DXM-only products. Scaremongering in the way of a straight-foward answer for somebody with whom you don't agree with their dosing is so fucking Nixon!

DXM-300mg-your opinions

1.Have you ever dosed at 300mg and if so did you enjoy it?
I usually do 150-200mg and smoke , but this time im going to try 300 alone, its been like 6 months since ive done 300mg without bud, or even by itself.

2.Im going to do it on a school night, so hoping ill be able to hit up class with an afterglow, we never do anything at school so itll be alright.
Do you experience afterglows of any sort on 300mg, or just nausea?

3. Music always seemed dead when i dosed that high, does it sound good to you at this dose?

Any other info or experience on doing 300mg would be nice, thanks.
Btw im a 18 year old senior if that matters 140 lbs.

Yeah, I dosed 300 mg or about that a few times. Music doesn't sound dead, but it sounds a little "detached", still very much there, but you know how dissociatives are. I enjoyed myself, except on one occassion when I had a panic attack. DXM always fuck me up more than I think it will, and I guess I just lost it. But before I had that, and the few other times yes I enjoyed myself, but the trip is deeper, and ego loss happened to me at 354 mg. That was something else, not that I remember much of it. Yes, after-effects will be present. I overdid DXM last summer when I first tried it, so the afterglows kind of became less pleasant, but it should be there. I weighed what you did btw. Have a good time, just relax and enjoy music.

sounds like youre going for a low second plateau. its less about the dose in terms of mg and more about the dose in terms of mg/kg. so a 354mg bottle of robo long acting lasted a long time, but also was only 4.2mg/kg. its worth it kinda. i feel like the higher plateaus are more where its at. if youve had any psychedelic experience with other drugs, then this shouldnt be a problem for you. with my experience i was able to go to sleep after the peak, and also lying in bed with the lights off was really fucking cool.

whatever youre going to drink, dump it into a glass of orange juice, it eliminated the nausea that people reported for me, and also made it more chugable, which is what you want. it takes a long time to reach its peak.
i found myself writing letters to people i talked to, then erasing my memory of writing them on purpose, left instructions for delivery, as well as names on them, but for the life of me i could not remember what i had put inside them until i saw them after delivery. it was fun.
if youre looking for a full blown dmx experience, eat 410mg.
i did the math on your dose and it was about 4.7 mg/kg. still second plateau.

I weigh 138 and ive done 360mg in school and i'm a sophomore haha. But i used to dose DXM alot almost everyday for over two months normally at ( but no less than)240 mg. The most i ever did was 600mg. Anyway i beliee you will find 300mg to be a very nice dose as i always have. Its not overwhelming like third or fourth plateau but still substantial ans disaccosiative. Music sounded deadfor me during my first ten trips which we're all 3rd plateau. When i began dosing 2nd plateau regularly i LOVED to listen to music. Off of 360mg i could listen tp music enjoy i close my eyes and have nice closed eye visuals and see cool colors and things . I just want to wan you to keep at least 2 weeks in between trips as i caused myself some minor brain damage to the frequency of my trips i believe

i found myself writing letters to people i talked to, then erasing my memory of writing them on purpose, left instructions for delivery, as well as names on them, but for the life of me i could not remember what i had put inside them until i saw them after delivery. it was fun.

This is an awesome idea, I often found myself wishing I would've recorded things I wanted to say to friends as DXM usually made me "understand" my relationships a lot more, which is probably my favorite effect about it...This is something that even MDMA can't do for me, or as much at least.

Lol I do 450 and go to school. I can act perfectly normal, just except that my speech is like 10% slower.

Is it possible that DXM and 4 meo pcp would poteniate each other. Until reading it's thread I thought aMT had caused this experience I had but now it sounds much more like DXM, only I just took over 200mg of powder. I only weigh about 60kg but still...

I also had plugged (my first successful plugging - previous attempts years ago caused it to explode right out again) just over 400mg 4 meo pcp. Either before or after that I think after I orally took 50mg aMT. I'm 90% sure on this I was not in a good headstate and having a fuckup binge, I had been on the same drugs and a couple others over a few days.

I was mentally transported into a different world, it lastest only sat evening/night but felt like months or years. I didn't recognise my own flat anymore but only a few times wondered about where I actually was and how long I'd been there. It had a narrative, like a film. There were other people around (that I invented) that wanted me for something, I was either a detective or someone in the movie business with ties to REM (that was the DVD I had on loop)

I kept trying to use my mobile but got stuck on it, found myself with my eyes closed having experienced another part of the plot only to open them and be sucked out to more familar surroundings. But it would keep going on a loop. I didn't move much, just sat on my sofa, at one point I was in a family house and the Dad climbed over the back of the sofa to join us, which is impossible as my sofa is against the wall.

I don't know who any of the imaginary people were but my real mum was living in either Japan or California with my son? I sort of knew I didn't have a son so assumed I was in the future.

One of my ferrets helped me snap out of it quite a bit by escaping, I saw him on the floor and caught him and said "you don't belong in this world" then it very gradually returned to normal. Though I'd accidently turned the xbox on iwhich created a new plot where the imaginary people wanted me to do something important with my account but I couldn't sign in.

Even when that "world" wasn't going on I was fucked for days since I'd been doing at least something every day. It was a reaction to the weekend before when I ended up in hospital with multiple head injuries without any heavy drink or drugs being involved. Head injuries and fallling down for no reason seem to be "my thing" for the last 6 or so months with no explanation. I convinced myself I was doing the drugs to try and remember what happened but in all honesty it was a big "fuck off binge" and I told the doctors that as well.

Tuesday I was still a but fucked but didn't realise because I live alone. I knew I had trouble speaking, kind of a mix between a stutter and a slur, and walking but I'd attributed these to my previous accident, I had a swollen lip and since all the head injuries I'm not too steady on my feet, I fall a lot. Anyway, I had a doctors appointment with a new doctor that morning and things still fell so unreal that my normal anxiety didn't stop me getting there. This is a new doctor for me, a step up the mental health chain I've been refered to. I felt completely and utterly mad talking to her but apparently I hear she found me quite interesting and respects my interest and research into legal highs but can't do much for me if I'm taking them so much.

Nobody else would have been any the wiser had I just gone home and my brain wasn't screaming HELP. So I made my way to the Dean of Students office, they're always nice there. Everyone's nice at uni, something I feel I don't deserve and am not used to. I asked them if I could sit down for a few minutes and I must have looked awful cos they jumped up, gave me water and buiscuits and the mental health guy put me in his office and talked to me a lot and a lot on the phone. Then he wheelchaired me back over to the medical centre to see a duty doctor who was worried about me not being able to look after myself (I really can't right now) and she decided to send me to A&E to make sure I wasn't damaged. A&E would have let me go but I live alone and am not close to anyone here so I stayed the night. I quite like hospital, I feel more relaxed there than at home even if old naked men do wake me up at 6am by shaking my bed. I was still tripping a bit that night when I closed my eyes and my brain tasted of lime. On psychs it always tastes metallic.

The next day I felt like my brain was a jigsaw that had been put back together, I saw another mental health worker who also said that she can't do much while I'm hiding my real brain behind drugs. And she'd rather I did illegal ones cos at least they've been tested more, I said well someone had to take the first tab of acid. She didn't like me favouring ketamine though because its bad for the bladder but she wasn't against weed through a vaporizer (not a big pot smoker, don't like smoke).

So here I am today, flats a mess, haven't had the energy to clean it for ages so have asked for help with that because I actually HATE mess and filth. I want to kill myself but that's nothing new, the new thing is I could actually succeed now but I don't know if it'll happen or not. I know I can't live alone anymore, it makes me isolated and crazy, I spend most of my life living in my own head that I need more real world practice. I rang the medical centre today and asked what'd happen if I said I was going to kill myself, I said I couldn't right now but want to and they had a doctor ring me and talk to me for a bit. He told me to do things for me and not for others as that's where a lot of my bitterness comes from.

If I have to live I want people to actually care for me and me for them, I want to be a difference in peoples lives. I'm sick of feeling like a burden, looked after, worried about, a waste of space and people wanting me to live like that are the selfish ones. Not me wanting to end it.

Sorry this should have been a trip report or something, please move if its in the way it just came flooding out.

Simple questions for DXM users

okay so i recently did DXM for the first time ended up doing a total of 600mg all in one day didnt really get much out of it i got replies when i described my experience (which wasnt very much/dissapointing) saying i hit the 1st plateau anyway i plan on buying another 600MG and am going to do it all at once instead of spreading it out as i did before if i do the 600MG at once that will equal 4.8MG per KG (125kg) would this get me to the 2nd plateau or possibly third but keep in mind im 125kg and 6'3"

considering you are new to DXM I would say 600mg is perfect for a good dose. When i first started doing DXM i was doing about 700-800mg each time and loving it. At one point of my DXM addiction years ago, I was on Prozac 40mg a day and I had no idea about serotonin syndrome. but believe it or not the effects i got from combining an SSRI with DXM was unlike any other. Serotonin syndrome is not to be taken lightly and is very serious. I do not know how I was able to abuse this combination so many timesand not cause serious damage. I would dose on 700mg while on my Prozaac and it would blast me into another dimension. The high lasted a good 24 hours off a single dose. It was WAY more intense and different. I had most symptoms of serotonin syndrome. But i enjoyedthe way the serotonin syndrome made me feel as weird as that sounds.

4.8mb per kg is about the middle of the 2nd plateau, good one to shoot for imo, wouldn't go to the 3rd yet.

Keep in mind that tolerance builds quickly with DXM and it isn't that good for you, I advise at least a two week break before trying again. Also, you need to be careful with the re-dosing. If you're using gelcaps those can take up to 2-3 hours to fully kick in, and if you re-dose constantly you could end up in plateau stigma, which most people find very unpleasant.

If you toke a bowl hit or two goes well with the peak, and will kick things up a notch. You don't need much, so don't go crazy with the cannabis.

Edit: One more thing while I have you. This isn't a party drug, don't expect awesome results if you take it at a club or something. A good trip is as much about setting as mind state. Try putting on some good music in a dark room and while laying in bed. If you can, put in ear buds and totally isolate yourself from the outside environment. You should find yourself sailing through "dex space" with the tunes driving the CEVs by the time you're peaking.

This is a funny drug, I can take the same does and allowing lots of time for tolerance to go down and get totally different results each time. My first experience with DXM was great, all the ones after not so much. Not bad trips or anything, just not "mind expanding". Perhaps I saw everything there was to see the first time around...

Last edited:
right i understand and for my trip i didnt plan on going/doing anywhere/thing besides laying in bed juss listening to music as you suggested (but thats what i always do while on drugs lol) aside from that would the type of music actually be relevant 2 the trip? Because usually i listen 2 groups such as Insane Clown Posse, Twiztid, Kottonmouth Kings, Cypress hill and several more such as horrorcore. And is the 2nd plateau something id reach well? What i mean is (consider body weight: 125kg) off the gelcaps because i would down the 40pills all at once well not together but uk what i mean what type of experience is this dex space? Also nice 2 hear from you again Headphones. Also i do not have any headphones as they got broken so i have to use my phone and i'd have to search for music on youtube on my phone or listen to whats already on there its a mix from Horrorcore rap metal and some other stuff idrk generes