• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

most people who try DXM hate it, there's a small percentage of users who absolutely love it though. Remember that DXM can take a long time to kick in (over 1.5 hours) so waiting 30 minutes isn't long enough. I would also avoid going for the third plateau the first time as it will probably scare you if you don't know what to expect. 200mg would be a good dose for someone of your size. It's not a bad idea however to spread the 200mg over 15-30 minute intervals to avoid nausea and it will likely give you a more psychedelic trip, just remember it takes a while to kick in.

find another drug.

DXM is neither a good drug nor good for you

This isn't very helpful advice. Everyone has different tastes, and just because DXM is not a "good drug" to you doesn't mean it isn't for someone else. For many people it is their favourite dissociative and they find it superior to MXE, Ketamine, PCP etc.

We already have a DXM Dosage Thread, so this'll be merged with that one once you've had a chance to reply. In future you can find these main threads by going to the Psychedelic Index linked at the top of the forum and finding the main thread for the drug you're looking to read up about, visiting the thread for it, then browsing through the subthreads in the first post.

Your dose sounds fine to me, just bear in mind that when you space your dose out rather than taking it all in one go, the intensity is lessened, but the effects last longer. Redosing is generally less effective than taking a drug all in one go, but due to nausea and unpleasant side-effects some people do this with DXM anyway.

Also, as far as allergy tests go, waiting 30 minutes is definitely NOT long enough. You should give it a full 24 hours between taking an allergy test dose and your actual dose. I'd recommend just taking 15mg-30mg as your allergy test dose.

IMO dxm is better if you just take your entire dose all at once, spreading out the doses can make things more likely to get unpleasant in my experience. Most people seem to be able to handle 354mg of dxm fairly well, if they like the drug that is, so I'd just go with that.

We already have a DXM Dosage Thread, so this'll be merged with that one once you've had a chance to reply. In future you can find these main threads by going to the Psychedelic Index linked at the top of the forum and finding the main thread for the drug you're looking to read up about, visiting the thread for it, then browsing through the subthreads in the first post.

Of course. ^^ I keep being such a n00b.

I would say 300 mg would be the right amount. Somewhere in the upper 2nd plateau, but not yet overwhelming. Do an allergy test first though to make sure your not enzyme deficient.

Conveniently, the packages of gel caps contain exactly 300 mg.

You want to do your enzyme deficiency test not on the same day you're dosing, or at least a few hours beforehand, so if you can actually feel that low dose, more than you should, you know you're CYP2D6 deficient and cannot metabolize it properly (meaning if you did use a recreational amount it will get you way higher than you should and might last for days).

Once it's clear that you won't be having any issue in that department, then 300mg is a pretty decent starting amount, you're really light so I wouldn't go any higher than that.

Thanks for moving my thread, I keep being such a n00b here.

You want to do your enzyme deficiency test not on the same day you're dosing, or at least a few hours beforehand, so if you can actually feel that low dose, more than you should, you know you're CYP2D6 deficient and cannot metabolize it properly (meaning if you did use a recreational amount it will get you way higher than you should and might last for days).

Once it's clear that you won't be having any issue in that department, then 300mg is a pretty decent starting amount, you're really light so I wouldn't go any higher than that.

How long do I wait to see if I'm enzyme deficient? I was thinking I'm going to take it in six or seven hours from now. Is that enough time or should I just take it tomorrow? I've heard most people who are enzyme deficient are white (I'm not white).

You'd be feeling something within an hour or two (wait three anyway at least), if not, then I suppose you're good to go.

DXM gel-tabs, startin dose?

I've got some Robo gel ,aps, pure DXM. I've only done dxm once like a year ago and nothing happened. I took between 250-300 mgs.
As a noob to this, how much should I take? I don't wanna trip hard, just a nice high feelin.

300mgs is a good starting dose as stated above. I'm pretty experienced myself with DXM, done it plenty of times ranging from every plateau and I still get a nice buzz off 300 mgs.

Recommend not eating about an hour or 2 prior to dosing, make sure your in a desirable setting as well when you decide to trip. Have fun!

Marijuana+DXM is one hell of a experience btw, one of the best drug combos Iv'e ever done.

Thanks guys! I'll just try 300 mgs.
Siccness, I can't smoke weed :( I'm on probation. Can't wait to get off it in July...I'm gonna buy an ounce and just smoke all day and night lol

DXM is known to cause nausea, before you dose i recommend eating some simple carbs, crackers or bread or something. that way if you do puke you dont have to dry-heave (one of the worst feelings in the world) and if you don't, you'll have plenty of energy for the trip

Try 420mg. I never liked 300mg. It always made me feel like I was caught between the first and second plateau. Good second plateau for me is 420mg. Good first plateau is 225mg. If you aren't in possession of cannabis then the experience will be fairly uninteresting without boosting your dose to at least the third plateau.

You've probably already dosed, so if you feel like you didn't take enough just ride it out and try again another day.

What if I take some diazepam with it? Will that potentiate it?
I'm not dosin tonight bc I've been takin pills all day. Tomorrow I'm gonna do it while kids are at school and fiance is here.

Try 420mg. I never liked 300mg. It always made me feel like I was caught between the first and second plateau. Good second plateau for me is 420mg. Good first plateau is 225mg. If you aren't in possession of cannabis then the experience will be fairly uninteresting without boosting your dose to at least the third plateau.

You've probably already dosed, so if you feel like you didn't take enough just ride it out and try again another day.

LMAO I know exactly what you mean about the 300mgs

But 400-500mgs should be good I agree, just sometimes its a little overwhelming for some people not use to dissociatives, I love DXM though recently iv'e gotten kind of bored of it, not sure why.

I'm gonna take some diazepam & Vistaril. Question is when do I take these? Before, an hour after the dxm, when I start feelin the dxm?
And I bought 600 mgs in case 300 mgs doesn't do anything I can slowly increase.

You'll want to take them all at once. Vomiting right at the start of the trip saves me long, drawn-out nausea. It seems my body absorbs the dxm quickly and expels more of the gelatin and filler in the couch gels. Which is why you'll want an empty stomach. Drink citrus juice after dosing and before the nausea, and take your benzo a half hour before dosing. IMO, benzos ruin the experience. The trip feels dampened and less intense. You may prefer that though. I have to take more to achieve the same effect with the benzo