• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives [DXM Subthread] DXM Dosage - How much to take?

Thanks for the info, goin for 410mg in a few hrs, weigh around 130lbs, should be a high 2nd plateau. Still need to function and make it into the venue to see the show, should be a grand time.

FIRST TRIP = HEAVEN --- i would do ANYTHING to get that first high again.... savor it and make it a GOOD ONE! you'll never trip the same again

DXM and dosing, I just dont understand...

Hey, I was wondering I have checked out the dxm calculator as to how much per body weight, but it really depends on the person I am assuming. My question is, If you were to take say 1200mg of dxm and be completely tripped out about 4th plateau and have only done that high once...how much difference would 1400mg be compared to that 1200mg. Will it be just as 8o or would it be even more so? Less? I'm just curious about what that amount would feel like if a 1200mg you would be so far gone lol, thanks <3 <3 <3 =D

No one? I just dont understand the calculator thing, says for someone such as my body weight that 704mg is 1st Plateau but its 3rd. Just not sure what to use dxm dosing on.... :(

Perhaps you entered something wrong? how much do you weigh? because 700mg should be around 3rd plateau for most people.

Are you asking what the difference between a 1200mg and 1400mg dose would be?

^ I think so. If one were dosing 'plateu x' amount and then did more than that what would change?

No idea. Only way to find out is go for it (safely). It will be more intense though.

I am 250lbs but that def wasnt a 1st plat. lol yes...im asking if that 200 extra mg will make much difference to wat the 1200mg was...would you see a difference?

Actually 708 is my norm. That is a mid 3rd lvl for me. But I did 1200 last week and was blown away lol, so I was debating about 1400

how about 1200mg again?

and you should probably wait longer than a week in between such high dose trips.

Typically, the stronger the dose the longer and more intense the DXM trip. I imagine, however, it might be a little hard to differentiate 1200mg from 1400mg because of how intense the trip already would be. So what it comes down to, I think, is that if you take it under the same conditions as your 1200mg dose you'll trip a little harder, but will probably be too far gone to really notice it.

I find the calculator to be more of a backup than the final word on how much you take, because if you enter the wrong numbers (as in this case presumably) you can end up being WAY off. Still, it's good to have some help with the numbers, and I don't think the calc's are linked enough.

Online (bottom of page)
http://www.dextroverse.org/whatis.html#polistirex

DXM Dosage Calculator by sonofagun Download
http://www.dextroverse.org/images/dexcalc.exe

I think what happened is that you accidentally entered your weight in kilos (kg), rather than pounds, therefore telling the calc you weigh over twice as much as you actually do. Make sure you check US pounds/Lbs depending on the calc. Or better yet, convert your weight to Kilos, as that makes it much easier to deal with the mg per Kg system everybody uses. Just divide your weight by 2.2. Thus my 137 Lbs becomes 62 Kg, your 250 Lbs is 114 Kg, and your standard dose is about 6 Mg/Kg.

What you're talking about here, at 250 Lbs, is jumping from about 10.5 to 12.3 Mg/Kg, both of which fall well within the range of the 3rd plateau, so you should see only a moderate difference. But we're talking 3rd here. Many people, upon encountering third, are so blown away by its effects that they chalk it up to being a 4th plateau. But there's a distinct difference, it's not just a matter of opinion. 4th Plateau trips are INTENSE, basically completing the virtual paralysis 3rd starts; when you came down you probably wouldn't even remember the majority of the trip, and I doubt you would be this eager to repeat the experience this soon. Anyway, if you were aiming for a 4th, which you should seriously think about first, your projected threshold would be 1680^.

1st Plateau: 1.5-2.5 mg/kg
2nd Plateau: 2.5-7.5 mg/kg
3rd Plateau: 7.5-15 mg/kg
4th Plateau: +15 mg/kg
20 mg/kg: Serious OD Risk

^Good post.

I'd be very careful at 1400mg, you're getting pretty close to an overdose. If it's still not taking you far enough, I think you'd be better off finding a stronger yet safer drug. DMT?

I've only done DXM once, but generally speaking there's a personal sweetspot for every drug. Most of them don't have the plateaus, but increasing your next dose a notch is a good way to explore the territory in a relatively safe way. As long as you:

- start with a low dose (research Erowid and start at the low end)
- take small steps, progressing to (and maybe beyond) medium doses if desired
- stay within the dose range specified on Erowid
- take enough time between tries (weeks, especially when the trips get intense)
- did side effects occur on the last try? Reconsider your plans
- consider if you really want to increase the dose compared to the last experience

I don't know how this translates to DXM's plateaus. Maybe you could search for your sweetspot per plateau, working your way up from the first to you personal limit. Maybe the second or third plateau are intense enough for you, maybe you gradually explore higher doses. Just be sensible about it.

i think too many people put too much stock into the plateau system. if 1.2g is 4th plateau of course 1.4 would be as well, and since it IS more it will be stronger to some degree. So yes its 4th plateau and yes it would be stronger. the plateau system is a guideline, but its not set in stone nor is there any definite line between them.

It is true that the plateau system isn't as cut and dry as people generally make it out to be. There are slight overlaps and in-between states. And there can be a wide range of strengths within a plateau. Plus your plateau ranges can be affected by more factors than just your weight, such as your body composition, the strength of your CYP2D6 enzyme (which varies a lot more than just present or absent), and built up tolerances. The system's not perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than just winging it. The point is not to let it replace drug common sense, but to add to it. Which means pacing yourself, never more than doubling your dose, and making damned sure you know what your doing over a gram. You still need to be careful, and follow the same rules you would with any other drug.

I don't know whether you were in 3, 4, or some where in the abyss of 3.9; but I think it's important for people know that it's pretty common to hit plateau 2 or 3, think they're on 3 or 4, and then be totally surprised they accidentally hit the next one. And that sort of thing is dangerous when your caught unawares, and therefore unprepared with the proper trip-sitter and/or mental fortitude. That's why you really want to understand the ranges, as well as the effects and intensity of the plateaus; even Sigma if your planning on dosing in a way that could accidentally set it off. Get the math right, take it slow. Because if you do hit 4th you don't want any unnecessary surprises.

I have two bottles containing 225mg of DXM. I'm wanting to trip with a friend, is 225mg each gonna be enough or should I wait and buy two more bottles going by what I've read or here/erowid

EDIT: Wanna know asap, wanna get hiiiiigh

Last edited:
should be a decent time. 225mg is definitely a "doing stuff" dose, not a laying down and tripping dose. hope it goes well!

one each is enough for a nice light and social trip, not too intense either, if its your first time take less and then go on from there but it takes a very long time to kick in and obviously lasts a long time so remember that