View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Drugs & String Theory

MajorBong

Bluelighter
This diagram relates certain drugs to their matter and energy structure interactions.

The first row is open string bend over time, or how matter becomes energy.
The second row is closed string bend over time, or how matter becomes more matter.
The third row is the prismatic mirror effect, or how matter bends matter.
The fourth row is the lens effect, or how matter bends energy.

Last edited:
Major Bong, can you try and put this in simple, layperson terms? I have no fucking idea what those images are representing. It sounds a bit like pseudoscientific technobabble.

You should elaborate on these "energy structure interactions".
I'm also letting you know that this doesn't seem to have anything to do with true string theory (as far as I understand it anyways) so that connection is confusing me as well.
Remember "strings" in string theory are simply one-dimensional representations of point particles represented by their vibrational state and also that thermodynamics forbids the conversion of energy to matter, energy can simply be carried with, released by, and transformed by matter it comes into contact with; and energy can transform and alter the composition of matter but it cannot create matter nor take it away.

Ground control to Major Bong
Ground control to Major Bong
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Commencing countdown, engines on (Five, Four, Three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (Two, One, Liftoff)
La la la la la la la la.....

You should elaborate on these "energy structure interactions".
I'm also letting you know that this doesn't seem to have anything to do with true string theory (as far as I understand it anyways) so that connection is confusing me as well.
Remember "strings" in string theory are simply one-dimensional representations of point particles represented by their vibrational state and also that thermodynamics forbids the conversion of energy to matter, energy can simply be carried with, released by, and transformed by matter it comes into contact with; and energy can transform and alter the composition of matter but it cannot create matter nor take it away.

Even though matter cannot be destroyed, to gain energy it has to access it's own matter elasticity. Without using energy to add extra elasticity takes some away. I should say "matter becomes more mass" instead of matter to make the point clearer to someone familiar with terms, but the two are basically the same. As you lose mass you lose elasticity property and both energy potential and mass/matter related properties.

These images describe how matter special relations change how the point of matter is being affected by those properties where the point is in flow through the computer system and how the drugs specifically modify this quantum flow. The goal is to get the best understanding of how the drugs are modifying the system on the lowest level or where points of matter become bodies of matter.

Last edited:
but drugs are matter? The only reason why they are special to us is the effect they have on proteins in the brain. Do you have a citation so that we can maybe read it and then be a little more up to speed?

The scale in which drugs function is far larger than the quantum scale, let alone the Planck scale. The meaningful effect of a drug is on the electrochemical system of the brain at large. Focusing your analytic perspective on subatomic physics is like trying to determine what picture a solved puzzle makes by focusing on one piece.

There are good reasons why experts in theoretical physics and neuroscience haven't arrived at your conclusions. Please do your research properly next time before you provide more fodder for conservatives trying to equate psychedelics with pseudoscience.

It's how drugs affect matter, theoretically.

Well Major, drugs are matter.

When a drug molecule enters the body it will bind to a specific neurotransmitter receptor made of matter (it has electromagnetic affinity for) on its extracellular region (binding site). Then it activates a cascade of intracellular events that leads to the activation or inhibition of the target neuron and ultimately to the activation or inhibition of complex neuronal circuits. All that can be described by good old quantum mechanics, chemistry, molecular and cellular biology, neuroanatomy and so on. This is how a drug made of matter interact with a biological organism made of matter.

You can still experience drug action long after it has been excreted from your body because it triggered a physiological response. The question about how all this affects consciousness is also the question of how consciousness arises from complex neuronal circuits and/or interact with them. That we don’t know anything about.

As far as I know the string theory deals with fundamental physics. It’s an attempt to unify physics; to better understand the fundamental forces such as gravity and electromagnetism; to better explain particle physics and cosmic events such as black holes. Maybe in a distant future we will be able to understand the nature of consciousness through a unified theory and view it as an energy field interacting with matter but that doesn’t change anything about our basic understanding of drug action.

Can you please be more specific about your statement “how drugs interact with matter”? You can go as technical and elaborate as you wish.

^That's a good post mate :)

The attempt to link theoretical physics with the esoteric spirituality of psychedelics often comes up sounding trite and devoid of meaning to me. Major bong doesn't seem to be able to explain this idea using simple terms. I agree with Einstein (I think), if an idea cannot be expressed simply it may not be worthwhile. That said, quantum mechanics is very difficult to express in simple terms and yet it is highly worthwhile.

What sort of experiments could be postulated to verify string theory, I have no idea- I don't think linking it to drug action clarifies things even sightly... But, I love being able to walk around with all my quarks and leptons vibrating in harmony, feels good...:)

The scale in which drugs function is far larger than the quantum scale, let alone the Planck scale. The meaningful effect of a drug is on the electrochemical system of the brain at large. Focusing your analytic perspective on subatomic physics is like trying to determine what picture a solved puzzle makes by focusing on one piece.

There are good reasons why experts in theoretical physics and neuroscience haven't arrived at your conclusions. Please do your research properly next time before you provide more fodder for conservatives trying to equate psychedelics with pseudoscience.

You would actually be wrong. The brain is a vibration edge system which is where the quantum interacts. It has both quantum effects and larger effects. The vibration edge is a place where a lot of quantum effects reappear on the larger level. I thought that it was obvious with the serotonin/dopamine relation that it was a quantum drive system expanded into organics. Certain points on the shape of the drug would represent where the main active effect happens to matter flow in the brain. If matter is flowing there is a quantum interaction. Could also be thought of the matter locality of the flow from proton pump to electron receive.

Last edited:
Well Major, drugs are matter.

When a drug molecule enters the body it will bind to a specific neurotransmitter receptor made of matter (it has electromagnetic affinity for) on its extracellular region (binding site). Then it activates a cascade of intracellular events that leads to the activation or inhibition of the target neuron and ultimately to the activation or inhibition of complex neuronal circuits. All that can be described by good old quantum mechanics, chemistry, molecular and cellular biology, neuroanatomy and so on. This is how a drug made of matter interact with a biological organism made of matter.

You can still experience drug action long after it has been excreted from your body because it triggered a physiological response. The question about how all this affects consciousness is also the question of how consciousness arises from complex neuronal circuits and/or interact with them. That we don’t know anything about.

As far as I know the string theory deals with fundamental physics. It’s an attempt to unify physics; to better understand the fundamental forces such as gravity and electromagnetism; to better explain particle physics and cosmic events such as black holes. Maybe in a distant future we will be able to understand the nature of consciousness through a unified theory and view it as an energy field interacting with matter but that doesn’t change anything about our basic understanding of drug action.

Can you please be more specific about your statement “how drugs interact with matter”? You can go as technical and elaborate as you wish.

These shapes describe how the matter flow represented by what is in between serotonin molecules is modulated when it hits the active edge of the drug. From what I understand the specific angles and locations of linked serotonins actually contain the brain information. Like they are representing flow between them and also through the cannabinoid system as serotonins on the opposite of the cannabinoid system can represents flows through the cannabinoid system.

Energy Action is the effect the drug would have as energy state drug modulator (arrows) against energy state (ring) modulation.
Matter Action is the effect the drug would have as matter state drug modulator (arrows) against matter state (line) modulation.
Cross Interaction is the effect the drug would have as matter state drug modulator (direction into prism) against energy state (line) modulation.
Flow Interaction is the effect the drug would have as energy state drug modulator (bend caused by lens cleavage against flow) against matter state (line) flow modulation.

These are the four main matter energy interactions (how like madelbrot connects to like mandelbox).
They are always related on four corners of a quadrilateral shape when a quantum action happens, always a square on the lowest level.

These shapes I posted are general tendency. Small modulations away from this general tendency would be able to vary the effects into different highs. Those shapes rather than being the general tendency would be very different actions that could be described by these shapes but happen as fractals within these general tendencies. Or another way to say it, specific strains and semi synthetic batches vary the small fractals within the general tendency of these actions.

It could be a good way to understand the relation between string theory or matter body synchronization and matter mass-energy tendencies if one understood drug effects.

Last edited:
I googled Mandelbox never heard of that before, cool. I could totally see you MB pulling one of those out of your pocket, gazing into it and then explaining how different drugs work according to the four main matter energy interactions. It'd probably start hovering off the palm of your hand.

mandelbox_by_squirreltape-d3kjgxb.jpg

Even though perception and our cognitive processing are very macroscopically integrated and emergent phenomena, isn't throwing a refined (and synthetic) drug in the mix of your body's machinerie the closest we can come to experience one kind of matter? Closer than touching a pure compound with your skin one might argue.

Anyway the whole set of dichotomies this discussion is based on like energy vs. matter is flawed to begin with as matter interacting with matter and ourselves being a huge manifestation of electromagnetic energy fluctuating and undulating are just different levels of reality existing superimposed.

Also fucking with Mandelboxes like that is how Hellraiser happened?

You would actually be wrong. The brain is a vibration edge system which is where the quantum interacts. It has both quantum effects and larger effects. The vibration edge is a place where a lot of quantum effects reappear on the larger level. I thought that it was obvious with the serotonin/dopamine relation that it was a quantum drive system expanded into organics. Certain points on the shape of the drug would represent where the main active effect happens to matter flow in the brain. If matter is flowing there is a quantum interaction. Could also be thought of the matter locality of the flow from proton pump to electron receive.

I tried to find more information about this 'vibration edge' that you speak of and came up with nothing. Do you have citations for any of this?

Even if quantum phenomena do occur in the brain, that is still many orders of magnitude larger than the Planck scale in which string interactions take place.

If you aren't talking out of your ass, which I remain unconvinced of, what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

I tried to find more information about this 'vibration edge' that you speak of and came up with nothing. Do you have citations for any of this?

Even if quantum phenomena do occur in the brain, that is still many orders of magnitude larger than the Planck scale in which string interactions take place.

If you aren't talking out of your ass, which I remain unconvinced of, what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

What he said^^
The best way I can explain it is that quantum phenomenon dictate the composition of regular matter, this is true, but on the macro-scale regular matter still behaves like regular matter in accordance with conventional physics and thermodynamic principles.

Imagine the macro-scale molecules you are taking of being represented by a billiard ball with a quantum core, it's core is composed of entirely quantum matter with behavioural characteristics entirely unknown to us, yet when struck the ball will still behave EXACTLY like a pool ball, it will roll and bounce and strike off other balls in completely predictable ways in accordance with conservation of energy.
The point we're getting at is the brain is just like that, a macro structure, whose behaviour can be traced back to quantum origin, yet neural activity itself does not exhibit quantum behaviour.