• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction Drugs age you physically faster then normal?

Everyone is different, I break klonapin In half and do fine on .25 as needed…every one is different
Yes, you're on PRN (as needed) which means it's not daily structured dosing.

You don't get dependent unless your PRN all day long every day and that's really bad.

Klonopin has a half-life of 60 hours, so it's a relatively long acting benzodiazepine, but it is strong and highly addictive.

If your cumulative daily dose exceeds 1 mg a day all the time you run the risk of addiction and benzodiazepine withdrawal. 1 mg of Klonopin is equivalent to 20 mg of Valium.

Opioids strongly suppress sex hormone production.
So decades of daily use will absolutely have negative consequences on your health.
Reduced bone and muscle mass, decreased insulin sensitivity are the first consequences that come to my mind in terms of negatives of having low sex hormones.

Yea man that is a fair statement. I have to relent that "harmless" is not the right terminology.

I could argue that a more sedentary lifestyle is harmful for many obvious reasons as well. Although, this is just a secondary effect and one that could probably be mitigated through exercise and such.

The commentary regarding hormones and aging was a pretty astute one. It never crossed my mind. I appreciate the insight.

I'm thinking of drugs like Alcohol or Methamphetaminr when I make such comments. This still doesn't make Opioid dependence "harmlrss" so I appreciate your point @Phobos

Yea man that is a fair statement. I have to relent that "harmless" is not the right terminology.

I could argue that a more sedentary lifestyle is harmful for many obvious reasons as well. Although, this is just a secondary effect and one that could probably be mitigated through exercise and such.

The commentary regarding hormones and aging was a pretty astute one. It never crossed my mind. I appreciate the insight.

I'm thinking of drugs like Alcohol or Methamphetaminr when I make such comments. This still doesn't make Opioid dependence "harmlrss" so I appreciate your point @Phobos

The way I would say it it's that opiates are not inherently and directly toxic to the human body like the 2 drugs you mentioned, Ethanol and Methamphetamine.

In the case of opiates the negative effects become significant only after prolonged abuse and are potentially reversible, and could also be mitigated by using exogenous hormones.

On a related note, I have read a few anecdotes of men quitting an opiate habit with the help of TRT (testosterone replacement therapy) saying that it greatly helped with the psychological side of the withdrawals.

@Phobos that's pretty interesting. I've never heard of such a thing. I'd definitely be down to hear some more about it.

Ramble/rant 😅 but I do know that years of doing opiates/ opioids can sometimes for some people slow your mental and emotional maturity. Partly because your life often turns into spending all your time finding a fix, nodding out, and then being sick from WD All the time.then repeat. For years. Leaving not much room to grow as a person.
Everyone is different though,this doesn’t happen to everyone but I’ve seen many people and myself included Go through this thing where some people who got into opioids in their early 20, eventually when they get clean like when you’re 30 for example, you miss out on a lot and kinda have the mind you had when you started opioids.
Early 20s mind even though you could be 30 when you stop. But yeah,doesn’t mean you can’t grow as a person once you stop. It’s just kind of a weird trippy thing I’ve noticed.

Oh , and with opioids and such I still looked young but sometimes it can mess with taking care of your teeth and then you can have expensive teeth issues down the road as you get older.
Also WDing All the time or often and sometimes the throwing up from WD can take it’s tole.
But everyone is different. I’ve just seen it happen to a lot of people I know including myself.

Last edited:
Whatever the drug, I think the accelerated aging effects have much more to do with stress, poor nutrition, dehydration, sleep deprivation, infections, poverty, etc. than the drug itself.

Whatever the drug, I think the accelerated aging effects have much more to do with stress, poor nutrition, dehydration, sleep deprivation, infections, poverty, etc. than the drug itself.
Very true. It’s usually not just one thing. It’s more complex than just one thing.good point.

You are existentially subordinate.

Meth doesn’t make you look like this:
oGotiFZ.jpg

It makes you look like this:

tZNQtkt.jpg

Methamphetamine is good for the body, good for the brain, so long as you don’t abuse it.

Methamphetamine is brain-candy in low doses.

Methamphetamine is the missing evolutionary link.

Stop With The Lies Already:

TEOtcny.png

5NKX04l.jpg
Holy shit dude…you must be like BEYOND perma-tweaked..just if you’re trying to be funny…it worked you’re absolutely hilarious! 😂 “HIGHLY addictive” “NEUROTOXIC” mmmmmm yeah that’s what I love first thing in the morning…I would give ANYTHING to be free of this terrible poison/garbage excuse for a drug. It stopped being fun after like the first month, and now I can’t stop poking myself to save my life…my poor arms, yeah sounds REAL fun! It’s truly shocking people like you ACTUALLY exist. I probably broke some rules here by being kinda mean and hateful but I really don’t care. People like this need to be slapped in the face by reality…and trust me pal, it’s coming…sooner, or later! 👋

I didn't ever want to be accused of misguiding people, but this whole Opioids in relation to aging thing has always interested me.

I think it's so true that sticking needles into your skin constantly is just not tenable. We have skin. It's meant to protect us from bad shit, yet we develop ways of bypassing the city walls of our own biology. I think repeated injections, coupled with a graudal reduction in hygiene, self-care, access to sterile water et cetera all contribute to what we all know and understand as one of the many "junkie diseases".

I have known women, beauties, who have been able to return from Opioid use to their previously beautiful and thriving state. I could only hope a lady would say the same of myself. Yet, I have also seen many "good girls" go down the rabbit hole of Crack Cocaine and Methamphetamine and these drugs appear to be much less forgiving than Opioids. I think we have known this for a long time, but it's not so obvious that I shouldn't point it out here. Stimulants burn people out faster than stuff like Opioids.

You can live to be 100 with a serious Heroin addiction and in this day and age, even the most conservative of doctors is inclined to admit that there are no glittering, obvious consequences of Opioid use. I guess I would have to say in the end, that stimulants really seem to take the body, the physical first, but Opioids are so.... bliss. They wrap up the mind. It's like a gilded cage. It's got soft walls to bounce around in, but you're stuck in that little soft room.
You must have hung around a whole nother type of opioid users…the ones I grew up around/frequented with graduated from the “pill phase” during, or right after high school. And proceeded to share rigs, keep rigs and reuse for weeks at a time, SHARPEN said used rigs on match book strike pads…etc. etc. not judging people by the substances they choose to use but…seeing the things I’ve mentioned above made me more than capable of steering WAY CLEAR of seriously using opioids/opiates. They all usually end up meshing together at one point or later. Not to mention being dope sick and literally needing a substance to function even somewhat normally. I do enjoy a 40mg dose of Oxycodone about once a year tho…won’t lie the sensation is quite enjoyable! 😊

Wa
Oh please, are you mad?

Nearly 21 years on heroin & I look like I'm in my late 20's when I'm gonna be 41 in a few weeks.
I walk miles each day, ride a bike, have a decent level of health etc.

I've seen crack wipe people out, a friend I went past earlier today has lost both legs, has about 5 teeth in his mouth, begging for change sitting in his chair by the shops, that's Crack addiction.
But what about when you get some cut with fent, or perhaps almost PURE fent with a tiny amount of real heroin…look around you. People are dropping like flies.

You must have hung around a whole nother type of opioid users…the ones I grew up around/frequented with graduated from the “pill phase” during, or right after high school. And proceeded to share rigs, keep rigs and reuse for weeks at a time, SHARPEN said used rigs on match book strike pads…etc. etc. not judging people by the substances they choose to use but…seeing the things I’ve mentioned above made me more than capable of steering WAY CLEAR of seriously using opioids/opiates. They all usually end up meshing together at one point or later. Not to mention being dope sick and literally needing a substance to function even somewhat normally. I do enjoy a 40mg dose of Oxycodone about once a year tho…won’t lie the sensation is quite enjoyable! 😊
They fucking suck the life out of you, turn you into a conformist fuck. Makes Your brain into thinking all your needs are met, a blissful state all the time. So much ur house could be burning and ud be nodding off as the house starts to fall apart.

“I hate to advocate drugs [sugar], alcohol [bad cholesterol], violence [sodium], or insanity [trans fat] to anyone, but they've always worked for me.”​

[I apologize in advance for bastardizing a great quote from an awesome dude.]

I disagree, I was a dope fiend for over 30 years and I’m told I look fantastic for my age all the time ,unless folks are just being kind to me 😬,I’m off dope 12 yrs
Oh please, you're either exaggerating or lying. Dope turns everyone into a hideous, mentally incompetent, murdering psychopath. DARE told me so, and even though I've met one dope user in my life, they were a fiend so obviously it's true. /s