• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Drugs age you physically faster then normal?

SneakyCosmos

Ex-Bluelighter
Ive read this so many times online but is it true? If so approx how long do you have to abuse to start ageing? Will it happen to me 😱

Im all in. Just no crack😃
I would revise that thought to "no opiates", much more dangerous all in all than crack.

Ive read this so many times online but is it true? If so approx how long do you have to abuse to start ageing? Will it happen to me 😱

Yes, it does happen a lot, especially with Methamphetamines.
This is not really ageing but, yknow..pumping your body full of toxic stuff that should never get into your body.

Marihuana actually helps me from "ageing" in that sense. My father was half-bald at my age, I still have long beautiful locks

I would revise that thought to "no opiates", much more dangerous all in all than crack.
Oh please, are you mad?

Nearly 21 years on heroin & I look like I'm in my late 20's when I'm gonna be 41 in a few weeks.
I walk miles each day, ride a bike, have a decent level of health etc.

I've seen crack wipe people out, a friend I went past earlier today has lost both legs, has about 5 teeth in his mouth, begging for change sitting in his chair by the shops, that's Crack addiction.

Gald your not losing your hair! Yeah i agree i think its more adrerall and meth abuse that brings out the horror stories

Oh please, are you mad?

Nearly 21 years on heroin & I look like I'm in my late 20's when I'm gonna be 41 in a few weeks.
I walk miles each day, ride a bike, have a decent level of health etc.

I've seen crack wipe people out, a friend I went past earlier today has lost both legs, has about 5 teeth in his mouth, begging for change sitting in his chair by the shops, that's Crack addiction.
And..could you ever stop taking heroin?
I lost 2 friends to this shit already, both died under 30 years old (one at 18 .) What I mean: heroin addicts are heroin addicts for life. Crack addicts only need the willpower to stop, and then they can walk away rather easy in comparison.
I'm talking about the grip the drug has on you in the end. Heroin's grip is tight as fuck, and there is low chance of any (ex)heroin addict to ever live a life without maintenance. Pls don't give me that ^^

You're a rare case, and you probably know that you are a rare case. 1 in 1000 might not be enough

Gald your not losing your hair! Yeah i agree i think its more adrerall and meth abuse that brings out the horror stories
Very happy about it, yeah

Uppers also bring the added danger of staying up too long, which can add high stress-levels to your body, which will make you age at lightspeed.
Well, not at lightspeed, because then you wouldn't age, but you catch my drift.

And..could you ever stop taking heroin?
I lost 2 friends to this shit already, both died under 30 years old (one at 18 .) What I mean: heroin addicts are heroin addicts for life. Crack addicts only need the willpower to stop, and then they can walk away rather easy in comparison.
I'm talking about the grip the drug has on you in the end. Heroin's grip is tight as fuck, and there is low chance of any (ex)heroin addict to ever live a life without maintenance. Pls don't give me that ^^

You're a rare case, and you probably know that you are a rare case. 1 in 1000 might not be enough
I'm speaking from 1st hand experience, you have none just what you have seen 2nd hand.
The difference is huge.

Iv seen a lot of people die cause of heroin, and Iv seen a lot of people lose their mind from meth abuse, choose your poison

I'm speaking from 1st hand experience, you have none just what you have seen 2nd hand.
The difference is huge.
I mean I've smoked Opium for a month or so straight through. Please don't assume what experience I have.
You can't trivialize this so much. Once you're off Crack, you're very likely off Crack,
but there is no real "off Heroin". Most people get maintenance, or go back to heroin/opiates.
I work with addicts on a day-to-day basis, and while I have seen some extreme cases of crack abuse,
for heroin i'm talking about the standard case.

Your body chemistry is fucked forever after Heroin abuse. Your reward system is gone.
There's only a tiny chance that it will ever normalise,
and depending on how long you've been an addict.

I disagree, I was a dope fiend for over 30 years and I’m told I look fantastic for my age all the time ,unless folks are just being kind to me 😬,I’m off dope 12 yrs

It's definitely a thing, primarily with stimulant abuse. Not sure there's a standard amount of time in which drugs will age you, it depends on a lot of different factors, such as amount of sleep, hydration, nutrition, etc.

Your body chemistry is fucked forever after Heroin abuse. Your reward system is gone.
I disagree. Plenty of people are able to quit and not be on maintenance. As well, a lot of the rewiring of your endorphin system is totally temporary and gets better the longer you're sober, whereas with things like meth that are directly neurotoxic, your dopamine system can get totally ravaged after long term heavy use, no matter how long you're sober for, life just doesn't have the same spark.