• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Drug Bus - Currently In Operation

It seems the new tactic is to combine alcohol and drug testing at the same site. I remember reading about a new way the police had eliminated the false positive, from what I can gather this is by using both tests at the same site and singling out those drivers most likely to be under the influence of drugs for the saliva test using standard methods, i.e. if you are young or have glazed eyes etc.

I'm not saying this is gospel but it seems to fit in with the pattern presenting.

Damn when i saw this thread i thought there may be some sort of magical bus that dstributed drugs to people. shit.

Haha, if only.

Date: 5 March 2005
Time: Around 6pm
Info: 2nd hand

Damnit, why do they have to pick on us South Easterners?

:(

Don't most cop cars have a portable "salivalizer" in their possesion? I thought they did, just like breathalizers. Or is there only the one bus that can test you for drugs?

If it is the latter, are they going to issue salivalizers to all cop cars?

^ No, only the bus can test you..

Not sure about your last question though.

Stay tuned during the next couple of sittings of Victorian Parliment, cos the laws are due to sunset at the end of June and they'll need to discuss the ongoing plans. No doubt these issues will be raised.

The test are not that sensative, not like a urine test. As far as i know they can detect pot 3-8hrs after use, depending on amount and 24hrs for amphetamines. If you look closey at the press releases from Vic. Pol. they can only detect amphetamines not ecstacy, they are saying it might detect ecstasy ie, if your pill has speed and mdma, the test does not test for mdma. So maybe Dr is the waqy to go, will put a new meaning to testing your pills. There is only 1 bus at the the moment the police will decide wether to expand the testing once the 1 yr trial is over. If all the druggies can keep it together for 1 yr and not many people get busted the police will find its a wastse of money and not continue the system, but like always i assume a few morons will ruin it for the rest of us.

^^^i may be wrong but i think the tests do test for MDMA as it is an amphetamine.

I'd also say the tests are here to stay. The trail period is the period in which they will refine the test and iron out the bugs in the process and legislation. The tests are here to stay as it has already been decided that they are required. I can't imagine there will be a backflip in legislation, its here, Victoria is setting the pace and once all the bugs are ironed out the other states are likely to follow suit.

Beech out

Woo, my first post!

Was waved through the drug bus this afternoon at about 2pm on Geelong Rd, right where it starts near Ballarat Rd in Footscray.
For a second there my heart stopped, not that I should have anything to worry about. ;)

They were shutting up shop at about 3:30pm as I was coming back.

Yup. Cops have the salivalizers too. But won't perform random drug testing as frequent as alcohol testing unless you jump out of the car to give 'em a big hug or you're eyes are beaming out of your head.
Does anybody know if the drug bus was out and about after two tribes just past?

TEAMJA said:
Yup. Cops have the salivalizers too. But won't perform random drug testing as frequent as alcohol testing unless you jump out of the car to give 'em a big hug or you're eyes are beaming out of your head.

Please post discussion in the Roadside Drug Testing Thread.

Not quite sure how people are coming up with this claim that ordinary patrol cars have saliva testers.

Came here to post that the drug bus was spotted last night outside Knox police station 420 Burwood Highway, opposite Knox shopping centre by my sister! :)

Have a safe and happy Easter.

I saw one in Bell St, Preston/ Heidelberg between chifley drive and oriel road (or was it past oriel road?? I was pretty stoned, lucky I wasnt stopped) anywhere near there, heading toward doncaster side.

Just thought I'd add another sighting...

Date: 1 April 2005
Time: Around 4pm
Info: 2nd hand

Just wanted to add, I've seen it in the Altona area also - it was actually on Fitzgerald road heading towards Laverton/Altona just after you go under the Western Ring Rd Bridge in Ardeer (where the Shell Servo is) I drove past on the other side of the road first, realising on my way home I'll have to drive past it. I had nothing to worry about (I hoped) since the last time I touched anything was some weed about 2 weeks prior to the day I saw it and even more than that last time I had anything else. But I was in my old lady's car and having heard that for Weed it can come up even like weeks later or whatever bullshit I didn't want to risk anything as she needed her car back as soon as I got home.

Anyway I drove past it and they waved me through (wow considering I've got P plates) but they were pretty full I guess, they had a shitload of trucks pulled over getting tested not enough left for me I guess. Thing is that is a MAJOR truck route.

Just to clarify this was I beleive on the:

21st Of Feb (Monday)

Has anyone seen the bus? its been 2 weeks since it was last sighted, and i dont think its been idle.

staple_it had a "small" encounter with it on the 9th, but didn't mention where... ;)

I saw the bus drive past me about 1 week ago around 6pm on Dawson St in brunswick..

Ysterday, thursday 14th, at 1.30pm just outside of horsham (we were driving back from adelaide)

2.5 hrs ago...northbound lane Hume freeway.....kalkalo(sp?) pub,second time i've seen the bus here!