View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dropping Weed into an LSD trip = Psychotic Break/Entity contact

JCRG

Greenlighter
I'm still trying to assimilate whatever the hell happened about 3 days ago.

First of all, I want to say that in no way do I believe all that mumbo jumbo "entity contact", "psychic episodes", "spirits", etc., associated with psychedelics. Tho, as the title suggests, I did so during said episode(s).

I must say that I consider myself an experienced psychonaut, tripping basically every 15 days/week or so, since December 2013; psychedelics have been extremely useful for me, as they mainly helped me to return to making art again, as I had buried said side of me since 2012-ish, so yeah, sounds corny, but on my second trip I was basically "forced" to get out of my hiatus and draw again.

Anyways, back to topic: I had recently been getting a kick of dropping cannabis into my psychedelic trips. And I must say I enjoy this new level of intensity and surrealness; in the past I've done really high doses of psychedelics (5 strong tabs at the same time), though never reached a mental state equivalent to what the combination of thc and 5-ht2a-agonism brings.

I must say that I quite like it much, but I also fear it at the same time.

Last saturday was my third cannabis + lsd combination attempt, and I must confess that It was very hard, It felt as I've had been caught off guard, that I was too arrogant about my biomedical knowledge (yeah, I'm a medic, currently on my internship), foolishly thinking that I was invulnerable to bad situations like the one i've just experienced.

So as I was reading about the common themes that ruled bad trips, I came to the conclusion that what I had experienced is what people consider "entity contact": On last weekend I had dropped two tabs of unknown dosage, and I was about 8 hours into de trip, it was being a very pleasant experience so far, with lots of visuals, and a very nice headspace of introspection, however, I decided to kick it up a bit, so I thought that probably adding a bit of weed wasn't going to do any harm, I mean, I had done it in the past, twice (although one occasion turned to be borderline psychotic, in retrospective). So there I was, loading the pipe, and as soon as I finished firing that innocent bowl filled with what I reckon it was some pretty normal/average cannabis, everything became very intensively visual, very intensively mental, as well. I started doubting reality, yadda yadd, a bad trip, etc. What shocked me the most was the fact that I kinda heard this weird noises, that somehow sounded like a conglomeration of whirring sounds, echoed screams, and incongruently otherworldly language gibberish. This was juxtaposed with incredible CEVs and OEVs of unimaginable complexity. So at that time my inmediate conclusion was that somehow some group of beings from another plane of existence were "hacking" into my psyche, that the THC + LSD combination made my mind link with them without permission or something.

Sound ridiculous now, yes, but at the time I didn't think so. It was extremely intense, and I almost screamed in my room (I still live with my family, had I screamed, shit would have hit the fan).

I must say, however, that after the most intense part of it had passed, I was left with a brief moment of perfect intensity and mind alteration, I was no longer haunted by the paranoia that had developed earlier, and was now in a state of mind elation and somehow managed to open the gate to open eyed synesthesia, as I was listening to music I would stare at the quilt my face was laying on, and the fractals that arose from it dance to rhythm of what I was listening (cliché Tool music, lol), it was one of the most beautiful moments in my life, something I hoped so much to achieve in the past but was never successful with LSD alone.

So now I'm stuck between being scared off trying said combination again in fear of having a psychotic break, and super anxiously curious about going for it again because of the extremely fun synesthesia I experienced as well.

What are your thoughts on all this?
Are there any tricks to avoid being overtaking by said situations again?
Some sort of failsafe mechanism to be secure from the intense madness that can be brought upon?

So now I'm stuck between being scared off trying said combination again in fear of having a psychotic break, and super anxiously curious about going for it again because of the extremely fun synesthesia I experienced as well.

Welcome to the party, friend. Now that you're inside, you can consult the chaperones (they're the ones with the yellow-orange vests), but you never know if they're a trickster or just as spun out as you are. If you're feeling overwhelmed, there are lighted exit signs throughout the area, but no one is sure where the exit really is.

Are there any tricks to avoid being overtaking by said situations again?
Some sort of failsafe mechanism to be secure from the intense madness that can be brought upon?
If there were, would you really want them?

I consider myself an experienced psychonaut
Maybe here's a clue...self-perception is the most difficult task.

If you are worried about having a psychotic break, or are at risk for one don't take psychedelic drugs.

Last edited:
What shocked me the most was the fact that I kinda heard this weird noises, that somehow sounded like a conglomeration of whirring sounds, echoed screams, and incongruently otherworldly language gibberish. This was juxtaposed with incredible CEVs and OEVs of unimaginable complexity. So at that time my inmediate conclusion was that somehow some group of beings from another plane of existence were "hacking" into my psyche, that the THC + LSD combination made my mind link with them without permission or something.

I wouldn't really call this an entity contact as such, because no communication took place - you didn't understand the message (if there was one). It helps to not get too anxious or obsessed about this kind of thing when it happens, it's just a sign that you took too much drugs and your mind got overwhelmed. You can also try writing down whatever you remember hearing or drawing some of the patterns you saw. They probably won't make much sense to you now, but doing this will help you to ground the experience and make it less disturbing for you.

I wouldn't really call this an entity contact as such, because no communication took place - you didn't understand the message (if there was one). It helps to not get too anxious or obsessed about this kind of thing when it happens, it's just a sign that you took too much drugs and your mind got overwhelmed. You can also try writing down whatever you remember hearing or drawing some of the patterns you saw. They probably won't make much sense to you now, but doing this will help you to ground the experience and make it less disturbing for you.

However, there was a very present and evident feeling that the sounds and images experienced where very much being aimed at me, it's hard to put into words, also, i very much sensed a sort of scolding tone to them, it might sound laughable, but it was something like "U wot m8, what the fuck are you doin' in our psych space you simple human, gtfo".
Eh.

The synesthesia after said episode was incredibly beautiful tho.

It might be a bit difficult to accept, but these entities tend to be byproducts of our mind getting fried. I've seen many entities, of all different species and types, but I've not once thought they were anything but hallucinations. For instance, I've seen animal-type demons saying unintelligible crap to me, not to mention in great detail and looking very real, but I suspect it's because I harbor a liking towards animals.

If you really think about it, it's caused by your mind (on substances) so it's all in your mind. Unless we're talking about having psychic/telekinetic powers with just our brain, that's still a bit delusional. There's a very small chance these entities could be real, and I'm open to many plausible possibilities, but in the end it just doesn't make much sense for them to appear just because we took a psychedelic. Maybe some other ritual or long-standing tradition, and/or in synch with psychedelics, but I'd bet a lot of money that they're just hallucinations.

But our minds are powerful enough to allow us to have such incredible experiences, substances or not. Just glean what you can that is helpful to you and call it a day. Or just enjoy the experience for what it is and be happy you got to trip that hard.

i flat out will not smoke pot with lsd anymore..
probably my most vivid and worst experience was on 4 or 5 hits of pretty good L and we decided to add in a bho bowl on top of it....fucking horrible idea... i started hearing the tv talking about my life saying i was " never coming back again" and shit like that. it got very eerie and everything had an ominous evil feel to it. i then perceived a cop with a flashlight grinning in my vision and it would not go away. i got really freaked the fuck out and thought maybe i had gotten so high that my brain and body were in 2 separate places ( mentally) basically i was so high one part of myself was trailing the other lol; and i had somehow gotten arrested or something....clear fucking mania lucky i did not put my head through a wall. ended up goin to my room and just closing my eyes and waited it out

moral of the story; i know alot of people who got to the point where thc and psys, usually LSD just gets too overwhelming. though i do have friends who still just blaze crazy during a trip .just know what you gotta do to have a good time ;D. i will not even touch it till i am way way coming down...goes for E to.. i like to blaze with K though...

It might be a bit difficult to accept, but these entities tend to be byproducts of our mind getting fried. I've seen many entities, of all different species and types, but I've not once thought they were anything but hallucinations. For instance, I've seen animal-type demons saying unintelligible crap to me, not to mention in great detail and looking very real, but I suspect it's because I harbor a liking towards animals.

If you really think about it, it's caused by your mind (on substances) so it's all in your mind. Unless we're talking about having psychic/telekinetic powers with just our brain, that's still a bit delusional. There's a very small chance these entities could be real, and I'm open to many plausible possibilities, but in the end it just doesn't make much sense for them to appear just because we took a psychedelic. Maybe some other ritual or long-standing tradition, and/or in synch with psychedelics, but I'd bet a lot of money that they're just hallucinations.

But our minds are powerful enough to allow us to have such incredible experiences, substances or not. Just glean what you can that is helpful to you and call it a day. Or just enjoy the experience for what it is and be happy you got to trip that hard.

I was about to propose that same conclusion, but you beat me to it lol, always thought that this episodes are product of a wailing, burning psyche.
But yeah, I think that the main issue here is that cannabis kinda makes me forget I took lsd.

Last edited:
i flat out will not smoke pot with lsd anymore..
probably my most vivid and worst experience was on 4 or 5 hits of pretty good L and we decided to add in a bho bowl on top of it....fucking horrible idea... i started hearing the tv talking about my life saying i was " never coming back again" and shit like that. it got very eerie and everything had an ominous evil feel to it. i then perceived a cop with a flashlight grinning in my vision and it would not go away. i got really freaked the fuck out and thought maybe i had gotten so high that my brain and body were in 2 separate places ( mentally) basically i was so high one part of myself was trailing the other lol; and i had somehow gotten arrested or something....clear fucking mania lucky i did not put my head through a wall. ended up goin to my room and just closing my eyes and waited it out

moral of the story; i know alot of people who got to the point where thc and psys, usually LSD just gets too overwhelming. though i do have friends who still just blaze crazy during a trip .just know what you gotta do to have a good time ;D. i will not even touch it till i am way way coming down...goes for E to.. i like to blaze with K though...

Never coming back to sanity is major theme in trips gone real bad, I guess, probably a fear of being one of those statistics.
I did feel it this time too.

I love smoking weed on L. It's like throwing gasoline on a fire (the metaphoric fire in this case being your LSD trip)

I love smoking weed on L. It's like throwing gasoline on a fire (the metaphoric fire in this case being your LSD trip)
That's quite an accurate analogy, tbqh. It's almost certain that you will lose control of your trip if you mix the two.

I've smoked weed on almost every trip i've ever had. Whether that's good or not, I don't know. mushrooms, acid, DOM, 25x, Al-LAD (Dab city bitch), MDMA, MDA, and some others i'm probably forgetting. The thing is, it's a toss up. If you're doing a low (less than 200ug of L) dose I'd say weed will make the experience more interesting. But DOM+LSD+gravity bong caused some fucking weird perceptual changes. I think the best thing to do is use a one hitter or some less than dank bud. It certainly reduces come up anxiety for me, but can cause me to head towards psychotic thinking later on. Is there a B&D about weed+psy or weed+LSD yet?
I haven't come across a specific thread that discuses said combination, might be a good idea to at least do a compilation of various experiences in regards to combining such substances, what is liken about it, what is despised, what is feared, etc.

That's quite an accurate analogy, tbqh. It's almost certain that you will lose control of your trip if you mix the two.

I've smoked weed on almost every trip i've ever had. Whether that's good or not, I don't know. mushrooms, acid, DOM, 25x, Al-LAD (Dab city bitch), MDMA, MDA, and some others i'm probably forgetting. The thing is, it's a toss up. If you're doing a low (less than 200ug of L) dose I'd say weed will make the experience more interesting. But DOM+LSD+gravity bong caused some fucking weird perceptual changes. I think the best thing to do is use a one hitter or some less than dank bud. It certainly reduces come up anxiety for me, but can cause me to head towards psychotic thinking later on. Is there a B&D about weed+psy or weed+LSD yet?
I haven't come across a specific thread that discuses said combination, might be a good idea to at least do a compilation of various experiences in regards to combining such substances, what is liken about it, what is despised, what is feared, etc.

you definitely get way higher blazing... but i would honestly rather just eat more acid to begin with haha. the thc gives me a weird muddied different trip. to each their own though ;)

whaaaat? How? I have done "LSD" about 10 times. Everytime I've smoked weed on it I had never experienced the weed high. What i got always was a sense of grounding, I used weed to remind me of reality because of the perceptual changes. It always calmed me down on the trip and sort of slowed down my thoughts. Never any weed euphoria and intense onset of visuals but now come to think of it, I probably never experienced the weed high because of how powerful the acid high is. Who knows? But I have friends that can vouch for me as one time we group-tripped and put 10 grams in the air. The main effect as I said was a sense of reality and the munchies.

whaaaat? How? I have done "LSD" about 10 times. Everytime I've smoked weed on it I had never experienced the weed high. What i got always was a sense of grounding, I used weed to remind me of reality because of the perceptual changes. It always calmed me down on the trip and sort of slowed down my thoughts. Never any weed euphoria and intense onset of visuals but now come to think of it, I probably never experienced the weed high because of how powerful the acid high is. Who knows? But I have friends that can vouch for me as one time we group-tripped and put 10 grams in the air. The main effect as I said was a sense of reality and the munchies.

How often do you consume cannabis?

almost everyday at this point in my life. my tolerance isn't high tho. i get stupid on the first smoke of the day but unless i continue smoking after the first smoke i wont experience euphoria(which is my thing in drugs) on any other smoke of the day.

You're an outlier then, man. Any weed at all while tripping ups every by a magnitude of at least two. Not grounding or relaxing in the least.

Psychedelic means mind manifesting. Whatever I experience is what I've manifested into my trip. You can't really make a general statement like "Any weed at all while tripping ups every by a magnitude of at least two". Because as far as I'm concerned I do not get high on weed whilst tripping on acid.