• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Dresden's Chemical Fluff Thread (Name-A-Molecule)

It Has Been Said That A Critic Knows

3-amino-4-phenyl-tetrahydrofuran.png

LACOSTE
3-amino-4-phenyl-tetrahydrofuran

Of Everything And The

5-oxo-3-amino-4-phenyl-tetrahydrofuran.png

GREAT_VALUE
5-oxo-3-amino-4-phenyl-tetrahydrofuran

Of Nothing.

(1S,2S)-1-phenyl-1-carbomethoxy-2-methylaminopropane.png

DOUBLE_DEXTER_FINN_AGAIN

(1S,2S)-1-phenyl-1-carbomethoxy-2-methylaminopropane

from
(1R,2S)-1-phenyl-1-hydroxy-2-methylaminopropane.png

(1R,2S)-1-phenyl-1-hydroxy-2-methylaminopropane
Ah yes, my good ol' buddy of the Mà Huàng persuasion.

Actually, I think the hydroxyl group may switch around the stereochemistry of the one spot after it undergoes a substitution reaction.
Yes, starting from the (1R,2S)-configuration, the hydroxyl group is converted to a leaving group, such as a mesylate or tosylate. But it's switched back during the second substitution that reacts the resulting compound from the first step with… well I guess something like, α-methoxyacetyl chloride, introducing the carbomethoxy group, no? I'm speculating on the synthetic route a bit here.

Anyway, if that is the case, then this is the correct precursor:

(1S,2S)-1-phenyl-1-hydroxy-2-methylaminopropane.png

(1S,2S)-1-phenyl-1-hydroxy-2-methylaminopropane
Pseudoefffffffiiiiii mean pseudomàhuàng, IIRC. Hmm, I'm reminded of PPA and Aminorex synthesis at the moment.

BUT it undergoes 2 substitution reactions, so the former would be correct.
Right? That's how I see it, too. One would start from the (1R,2S) config, and not the pseudo one, (1S,2S).

Errg, Forget Stereochemistry! All I Know Is That Ephedrine Comes In 4 Stereochemicals, And One Of Them Is Correct. Specifically, It Has A (2S).
Forgive me for being pedantic and splitting hairs a bit here… The pair of enantiomers with the stereochemistry (1R,2S) and (1S,2R) is traditionally designated "ephedrine", while the pair of enantiomers with the stereochemistry (1R,2R) and (1S,2S) is called "pseudoephedrine". I know you know this already, but I figured it would hurt to post as a reminder to anyone reading this thread… who probs know it too, but … it's in the interests of science and, by extension perhaps if not directly, harm reduction.

N-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1-phenyl-2-aminopropane.png

ALCOHOLIC_AMPHETAMINE
N-(2-hydroxyethyl)-1-phenyl-2-aminopropane

Probably weak. I don't know.
Probably weak as a stimulant, you're saying, right? And yeah I can't imagine that n-substituted ethylhydroxy bond would do much to help w/potency or even perceptible activity without super high/dangerous doses.

I always thought it depended on whether the ephedrine came from ma huang or which brand of cold pills that were used.

I know there are 2^n where n = 2 chiral centers means that there are 4 possible stereoisomers of ephedrine.

Interestingly, I have found that methamphetamine made from ma huang extract is smoother and weaker than that made from cold pills. I don't know why.

But believe it or not, I am not a meth chef.

Sometimes you feel like a

1-phenyl-1-carbophenoxy-2-methylaminopropane.png

FINNOXIDE
1-phenyl-1-carbophenoxy-2-methylaminopropane

methyl%20(1R,2R,3S,5S)-3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo%5b3.2.1%5doctane-2-carboxylate.png

JASON_CHRISTOPHER
methyl 20(1R,2R,3S,5S)-3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclp[3.2.1]octane-2-carboxylate

HO-CH2CH2-O-CH2CH2-OH

JAMES
Stronger Than It Looks

methyl%20(1R,2R,3S,5S)-3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo%5b3.2.1%5doctane-2-carboxylate.png

JASON_CHRISTOPHER
methyl (1R,2R,3S,5S)-3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane-2-carboxylate

If I Knew How To Make It, I Would Tell You So.

HO-CH2CH2-O-CH2CH2-OH

JAMES
Stronger Than It Looks

diallylsulfur.png

HUFFABLE_ALLICIN_WUNDERLANDE.
diallylsulfur

Last edited:
3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo%5b3.2.1%5doctane.png

DRUGGY_BUGGY
3-(phenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]doctane

3-(4-methoxyphenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo%5b3.2.1%5doctane.png

DOPE_FIEND_LIMOUSINE
3-(4-methoxyphenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane

3-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo%5b3.2.1%5doctane.png

BAIT_BUS
3-(3,4-methylenedioxyphenoxy)-8-methyl-8-azabicyclo[3.2.1]octane

made from
3-bromo-tropane.png

3-bromo-tropane

and the corresponding sodium phenoxide

Last edited:
I always thought it depended on whether the ephedrine came from ma huang or which brand of cold pills that were used.
These things do affect conversion yield, but ephedrine reduced-meth is S-(+). The question is: how much unconverted ephedrine made it through?
I know there are 2^n where n = 2 chiral centers means that there are 4 possible stereoisomers of ephedrine.
Right, two of them are the diastereoisomer, pseudoephedrine.

Interestingly, I have found that methamphetamine made from ma huang extract is smoother and weaker than that made from cold pills. I don't know why.
Could be a lot of things.

But believe it or not, I am not a meth chef.
No one is; that's a non-sequitur.

1-(4-pentyl-2-hydroxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

HALF_BAKED
1-(4-pentyl-2-hydroxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane

The Spanish word for oven is HORNO.

1-(4-pentyl-2-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane.png

CAKE
1-(4-pentyl-2-methoxyphenyl)-2-aminopropane

Last edited:
3-(4-octyl-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-(1-(3-methoxyphenyl)-1-cyclohexyl)piperidine.png

REHAB: Group Home For The Clinically Insane
3-(4-octyl-2-hydroxyphenyl)-1-(1-(3-methoxyphenyl)-1-cyclohexyl)piperidine

1-(2-piperidinyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-pentylphenyl)-1-carbomethoxy-methane.png

MARSHALL_BRUCE_MATHERS
1-(2-piperidinyl)-1-(2,5-dimethoxy-4-pentylphenyl)-1-carbomethoxy-methane

Inspired by MPH (Ritalin) & THC (pot).

Last edited:
Dog On It. Of Course, I Love Larry. Is there anyone that thinks I Don't Love LARRY?!

1-(3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane.png

ROUGH_RIDER
1-(3,4-dimethylphenyl)-2-methylaminopropane

Another horny molecule. Kin to the discontinued Xylopropamine.

(2S,5R,6R)-2-carbomethoxy-6-(2-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1-methylethyl-amino)-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane.png

SNIFFLESS
(2S,5R,6R)-2-carbomethoxy-6-(2-(3,4-dichlorophenyl)-1-methylethyl-amino)-3,3-dimethyl-7-oxo-4-thia-1-azabicyclo[3.2.0]heptane

An Antibiotic With Bite.