• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Physical properties: Stability, Solubility, Storage, Conversion

don't discard your 'cloudy water', this is called an emulsion.

simply read the DMT extraction techniques (available at DMT-nexus or mycotopia) and begin at the "basified water/rootbark" step.

you need to get some naptha/heptane or toluene/xylene (be sure to test your solvent for purity by evaporating a small amount on a clean glass and checking for residue)

add a small amount of your choice of solvent to your basified water/DPT mixture. the freebase DPT will now be dissolved in the solvent. add a few extra drops of lye water to ensure complete reaction. if the emulsion persists, gently heat with a warm bath and add some table salt to increase polarity of the water phase.

with a syringe or turkey baster (or separatory funnel) separate the lower water phase form the upper organic phase. save the water phase just in case you mess up and can't find the DPT.

the organic phase should be placed in a clean flat glass dish and allowed to evaporate in a well ventilated area. place a screen over it to prevent dust, bugs, and small children from getting in it.

after some time, the solvent smell should be gone and you should be left with freebase dpt as an oil on the plate. place in the freezer to solidify it into a more waxy appearance for ease of gathering. enjoy!

Ahhh, thank you greenmeanies!!! I'll be trying this later today when I get some spare time.

In the meantime I let some of the cloudy liquid completely evaporate in a glass and when I checked it I seen that some white crystals had grown. Is that lye or DPT? And if it's DPT is it the hcl or freebase, since the freebase seems like it should be in waxy/oily form? This is a white crystalline looking substance. I was cautious about trying to smoke it since I'd rather not try to vaporize lye if that's what was left over. :\

Sorry for being such a pain in the ass with all these questions.

I just wanted to give an update. Even with the directions greenmeanies gave me I still couldn't get the DPT to convert with NaOH. I read somewhere else that ammonia could be used to make the freebase, so I tried that and sure enough, it works flawlessly every time.

Wasted at least 100mg trying to figure this out. D'oh!

Last edited:
I'm to tired to read back that far... I thought willow11 said smoking is meh but snorting is where its at. As I thought I understood all this kitchen chemistry is to convert what you get from vendors into smokable HCL? Why if snorting is better? Can I just snort what I would typically get from vendors, or do I have to learn to do a particular version of all this cookery to make it snortable as well?

If so, fucking forget it. There's plenty of other shit I can just eat or snort right outa the ziplock, or get some Lucy or shrooms.... I mean you'd think it becomes The Water Of Life and turns you into an Omniscient Telekinetic Telepathic Paul Mu'a'Dib (hero from "Dune") or something with all the damn trouble you guys are putting yourselves through, but what I read so far doesnt sound ALL THAT.... Whats the point of all this effort again?

I know, I'm a know nothing loudmouth, so if y'all choose to not bother to answer my uninformed hick confused dufus head-scratching, I do understand.

Go to that advanced drug discussion thread I linked to not long ago. It's all the effort of mixing some baking soda in with your DPT and smoking away if I recall the "quick and dirty" method of making DPT freebase correctly.

lol at the Paul Mu'a'Dib reference, I often think about what a Spice trip would be like, I always imagined it'd be somewhere between DMT and Ketamine...but anywho, my understanding of the process, even the quick 'n dirty method is that it's not that complicated. If you cannot delay your gratification enough to wait a couple minutes to make your DPT smokeable, that seems a little problematic to me. Also, DPT is "ALL THAT" imo, or at least it has become one of my favorite psychedelics and I think experimenting with different methods of administering drugs can lead to qualitatively different experiences, for instance DMT. Smoking and IM injection are radically different experiences, so much so that for me, it is almost a different drug

i wonder if the chinese vendor who closed redently was palming off 5-meo-dalt as dpt :(

lol at the Paul Mu'a'Dib reference, I often think about what a Spice trip would be like, I always imagined it'd be somewhere between DMT and Ketamine...but anywho, my understanding of the process, even the quick 'n dirty method is that it's not that complicated. If you cannot delay your gratification enough to wait a couple minutes to make your DPT smokeable, that seems a little problematic to me. Also, DPT is "ALL THAT" imo, or at least it has become one of my favorite psychedelics and I think experimenting with different methods of administering drugs can lead to qualitatively different experiences, for instance DMT. Smoking and IM injection are radically different experiences, so much so that for me, it is almost a different drug

Thanks for the clear info. I'll never inject a non-professionally manufactured non-pharmaceutical non governed by rules and purity controls and tests, not after the Chinese baby formula poisoning and poison toy scandals... so that's out so far as I am concerned.

Is the form in which it is usually vended snortable as-is?

Is the reason you didn't say you use it like that:
-pain?
-large volume too hard to get it all up there?
-using too many mg per dose / making stash last longer?
-or you disagree with willow11 and just don't like it that way compared to IM & smoking?

I probably do need to try this some day, as I have always wanted to become omniscient and telekinetic 8) , at least within my hallucinatory imagination (and turning into an 8-armed Hindu God is a close second :D ), but the effects/usage info is still all over the map in my mind, and I'm hoping to glean some more firm info from you experts here (though I am aware with any and all drugs, the ROI and effects and reviews are AT LEAST 50% personal taste and/or personal biochemistry differences).

Last edited:
DPT freebase crystal from 2003 or so was smoked last night. It has been stored in air-tight vials in the freezer. No loss in potency....I smoked 30mg about two hours after eating 150mg of methylone.....and it was fucking beautiful.

Smoking DPT is DEFINITELY a different trip from IMing it or snorting it. When smoked, its enjoyable and feels good, and reminds me of DMT. IMed, it is much more sinister and I think I will only be smoking DPT for now on. Now just gotta learn to convert hcl to base since what I have won't last forever.

Last edited:
^Sounds good. My brain has started using DPT, at least IM, differently now. Every time now I get "repeated experience intervals" that start just after the peak and last for about two hours. It's a fascinating phenomena but also really exasperating. Hopefully smoking will remove that quality of it for me. Getting methanol has proved to be a pain so I think I'll just do the naptha pull and evap and stick it in the freezer for collection (didn't realize all I had to do to get it into the much more manageable crystal form is keep its temp down as I scrape it up).

One question: A friend of mine recently purchased DPT from a trusted supplier and it's purple (!!!). Does anyone have a clue where that colour might come from? The supplier, as I said, is normally ok, and they said that the lab confirmed that it is 98 (or whatever)% purity, and that they had a few people researching this stuff with no adverse consequences, but that a lot of their customers worry about that purple colour. My friend tried the stuff and said it feels just like good DPT (said friend is very experienced with DPT as well as stuff like 5-meo-dalt and feels confident he can tell whether it really is DPT, or whether it was something else. Apparently the smell, the potency, the duration, the effects, are all as expected). There apparently were no side effects out of the ordinary. I'd be be really grateful if someone had any ideas, especially if it might be something nasty!

anyone know how soluble DPT HCl is in warmed up 99% IPA?

what about DPT freebase?

DPT hcl. to DPT feebase???

I have recently stumbled upon some DPT hcl. ive read through the big and dandy DPT thread, anyhow I seemingly understand that basification can happen and vaped if say a equal amount -30mg DPT hcl is mixed with 30mg sodium bicarbonate with a small amount of water.. then heated to a boiling/vapor point will release DPT freebase??

is there something im missing

you need to do a liquid liquid basification/extraction if you want clean freebase at the end. using water and an organic solvent

Its worth noting that you can vaporize the hcl, its not as potent by weight but it will work. Pretty sure you sourced your DPT from the same place I did. :) I didn't bother converting it to freebase and got the expected result.

Freebase is easier to vape. It's dead simple - just dissolve DPT HCl in water, add base, extract precipitate with nonpolar solvent.

Just curious, does anyone have any first hand experience with using simple ammonia, drop drop drop over dry DPT hcl, and waiting for it to evaporate? That would be nice and simple since my fume hood is in storage.

Or dissolve in ammonia and let evaporate.

^ Never tried it. You don't need a fumehood to freebase DPT by other common methods, though.