• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Physical properties: Stability, Solubility, Storage, Conversion

^ If you wish to remove the baking soda and salt from the mixture, yes. Acetone or another polar solvent of choice that dissolves the DPT but not the baking soda and salt, which you can then simply filter out. Then, to get pure DPT freebase, you will need to proceed to evaporate the solvent off. From what I understand, DPT freebase is an oily substance at room temp.. Or is it possible to crystallize it in some way?

Wow, it seems like im on the right track.... possibly...
if anyone else could add in any other little tid bits of information, it would be greatly apperciated.

Last edited:
I've heard conflicting reports about being able to smoke the HCl version(Salt?). I have some DPT Hcl laying around and after a couple bowls of green and a nitrous balloon I decided to try to vape it ontop of ash in my bubbler. I used 50mg. It seemed to vape pretty well, but not sure on dosage of this version. I'm sure it's significantly less than the Freebase.

Who's vaped the Hcl and what dosages and results?

I've smoked the hcl off foil a few times- not much good came from it to be truthful, though one of those times I was a art tour with my uni class...not the best setting I assure you ;) Second time I smoked it- waaay to much smoke, and very little effect.

You'd actually need to smoke MORE then freebase; in terms oof weight at least. The HCL(salt) ions do add weight to it; freebasing removes the "base" and, as such, weighs less then the original....

I think insufflating is good :)

Speaking of DPT, any word on stability? Has anyone stuffed a small amount in an airtight glass jar, stuck it in a closet and pulled it out years later without any loss of potency? I'm guessing that would be fine. I always stick by the rule of thumb that anything that can be heated (heated and oxidized) and retain potency is stable. An example being mescaline. Another DMT. So I assume DPT also.

^ Yeah, DPT seems to be rather stable in the powder form (HCl). I haven't stored it for years, but it has been fine in my experience when stored for a few months in a standrad ziplock bag stashed away in a random drawer, so I wouldn't worry too much about any potency loss.

I can confirm the bits about stability - not a big problem like with acid. I think the freebase form is rather instable.
As for dosage, when you take it nasally, it gets really nasty really quickly anyway, so you're unlikely to take more than 100mg absolute max, which is not likely to kill you. I found that the effects of like 30mg are quite enjoyable and interesting, and going higher, the disutility (sorry I read economics ;-) ) from the burn outweighs the positive utility from the stronger effects...

Call me crazy but I like the aroma of DPT, it is clear that it's family of DMT but still it is different.

Can any other tryptamine HCI be converted to freebase and smoked?

4aco's?
the various mipts and dipts?
etc?

I've been trying to convert small amounts of my DPT hcl to the freebase. The instructions I've found were "Add a certain amount of DPT HCl to a small amount of water and add 1/7th by mass NaOH".

I tried it last night with 20mg and it worked perfect. This morning I tried it with 35mg and the water instantly turned cloudy and the DPT didn't glob up, it just kinda dissolved. I can see an oily type substance on the surface but it won't stick to my stirring rod and is pretty much wasted, or so it appears.

Heartbroken that I just wasted 35mg, I tried it again with 10mg because of how simple it seemed last night. Guess what?! It fucking worked. I clean the shotglass and try another 10mg. This time it turns cloudy again. What gives!?! Am I using too much/too little lye? Also, when I add the DPT to the lye/water solution I can see it "fizz" (react might be a better word) a bit and dance around for a second.

The 20mg gave me a very, very pleasant (+) on the shulgin scale and I'd love to convert some more.

ANY help would be SUPER, SUPER appreciated. Please help me not waste any more of this. <3<3

Interesting note?:
I just put a bit of DPT hcl in water and as soon as I added a teeny tiny bit of lye it turned the water cloudy instantly. Does that provide any clues to someone knowledgeable?

Last edited:
MadHatterLSD that seems like really bad luck you are having.

Maybe some times you had too much water?

Can anyone out there shed light, as if it is down to technique it would be good to have the right info....

in the cases where people use too much water and end up with cloudy water what is the best recourse? do they need to evap it in heat or what?

hair dryer? microwave on lowest setting

?

Hmmm, you might be right mi5. I'll try it again here in a bit with 10-15mg and less water, see what happens.

What a waste when the cloudy thing happens :X

I know! :!

The fact that it's hit or miss for me is the most irritating part. If it doesn't work right the next few tries I'll give the baking soda method a go just as a comparison.

I'm using an oral syringe to measure the water so I'll try about 1-1.5 ml this time. The last few tries I went for roughly 2-3ml.

Son of a BITCH!!! :X It happened again. I just don't get it.

edit:
Tried again... I made a water/lye solution and slowly added it 1 drop at a time to 10mg of DPT hcl in a shotglass, as soon as the first drop hit I could tell it was gonna fuck up and turn cloudy. I'm tired of wasting my DPT, this is really frustrating. I can see little oily beads floating around in it.

Last edited:
don't discard your 'cloudy water', this is called an emulsion.

simply read the DMT extraction techniques (available at DMT-nexus or mycotopia) and begin at the "basified water/rootbark" step.

you need to get some naptha/heptane or toluene/xylene (be sure to test your solvent for purity by evaporating a small amount on a clean glass and checking for residue)

add a small amount of your choice of solvent to your basified water/DPT mixture. the freebase DPT will now be dissolved in the solvent. add a few extra drops of lye water to ensure complete reaction. if the emulsion persists, gently heat with a warm bath and add some table salt to increase polarity of the water phase.

with a syringe or turkey baster (or separatory funnel) separate the lower water phase form the upper organic phase. save the water phase just in case you mess up and can't find the DPT.

the organic phase should be placed in a clean flat glass dish and allowed to evaporate in a well ventilated area. place a screen over it to prevent dust, bugs, and small children from getting in it.

after some time, the solvent smell should be gone and you should be left with freebase dpt as an oil on the plate. place in the freezer to solidify it into a more waxy appearance for ease of gathering. enjoy!

if someone tried to get rid of the water from their cloudy crap in the oven and was left with half the water and no cloud nor crystals, where could it all have gone :(

since your DPT is freebased, it has a lower vaporization temp. you may have lost it all inside the oven.