• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [DPT Subthread] Physical properties: Stability, Solubility, Storage, Conversion

yeah a solvent will help remove salt that is left over from the reaction, especially acetone and not ammonia. yeah it goops up pretty quick though and turns into a soft wax basically.

Last edited:
Im not entirely happy with the results of my first trial with DPT, not as intense as I was expecting. It was only ~35mg though, next time Ill try IM I think

Hmmm, I'm sure I've used not even 35mg and I had some pretty intense effects. I'll be trying it again fairly soon. After this though, I may snort 25mg with 15mg of Ketamine to mix it....I know 25mg DPT snorted is a small dose :D

Dont get me wrong, there were definately some intense effects, I just thought 35mg would have taken me further than what it did

i am about to come across 1g of DPT for very cheap so I want to risk converting some of it to freebase just to test the procedure. What is the minimum amount i should try to convert?

I read that the kitchen crack method isnt really useful for an amount like 100mg or so, but then again i dont want to mess up and lose any DPT

Last edited by a moderator:
deekan said:
i am about to come across 1g of DPT for very cheap so I want to risk converting some of it to freebase just to test the procedure. What is the minimum amount i should try to convert?

I read that the kitchen crack method isnt really useful for an amount like 100mg or so, but then again i dont want to mess up and lose any DPT
100mg is a good amount to start with, but you can use less if you just want to experiment (I would rather store the DPT in HCL since it is more stable). When I used baking soda I used ~35mg of DPT. Search for a tek on BL (search terms: DPT crack method).

ungelesene_bettlek said:
how is dosage and duration of "propylhuasca"? is it really worth it - especially since nasal consumtion of the salt works so well?
^ It REALLY varies depending on how much of this or that enzyme you have in your body. Some people do not need a MAOI to activate DPT orally. I took 85mg (or something like that) in a gel capsule and had a mild trip. ymmv.

^ The hydrochloride salt is perfectly stable in soln at 100'C, so you can boil the buggery out of it (I do!) without any loss in activity. The smell must be due to the tinyest, insignificant amounts becoming vapour - not enough to reduce the strength of the soln

Gaian Planes said:
For IV I do like 10-15 units (so like .1ml), because I like to squirt the stuff in quick so I can pull out the needle and have it capped and thrown aside before the trip starts.

For subcutaneous and IM I use .5-.75ml because a higher dilution = less soreness.

I had trouble getting it into a solution at 20mg/ml. How did you manage to get it so concentrated?

a little bit of heat and shake it up (in a vial).

if that doesn't work then adding a small touch of vinegar will work (thats for hydrochloride salts, if you have the freebase then you will almost certainly have to add vinegar or acetic acid or HCL of some sort).

I've had some DPT freebase sitting around for a while and I'll probably try it out in a few days.

Does it smell bad or is it as harsh as DMT? The DPT I have is yellowish crystals, is that what it normally looks like? Probably wouldn't be good for IM prep I'm guessing.

^Well its not tasty. And yeah, don't inject freebase...

I enjoyed a nice bit of DPT over this weekend, mainly repeated small doses (20-30mg); very good aphrodisiac without majorly interrupting thought processes. Tis odd, I'd always felt DPT to be a bit dysphoric and cold at times....I guess a nice mountain cabin with an outdoor jacuzzi and sexy Miss Swilow will do the trick ;)

^yeah could someone direct me to a freebase conversion tek? I'm good at following instructions, but not much of a chemist on my own.

Say for example you have 100mg of DPT HCl that you want to convert to DPT freebase. In my opinion, the best method requires only NaOH (household lye) and distilled water in a glass vial with a glass stir rod or a plastic straw or other plastic/glass stirring utensil.

The atomic mass of DPT freebase is 244. The atomic mass of NaOH is 40. That means for every 100mg of DPT, you want around 17mg of NaOH dissolved into the distilled water. It's probably okay to round this ratio of NaOH to DPT even further from ~1/6th to 1/5th.

Once you dissolve the NaOH in the distilled water, pouring any DPT into the solution will lead to the rapid formation of DPT freebase while the water becomes saline. I got waxy orange crystals reminiscent of DMT when I've done this, but you may get an oil. Either way, it's not soluble in water so it floats to the top or sinks to the bottom. If you get crystals you can touch them with the stirring utensil and they should stick to it and you can pull them out of the vial and wipe them off onto herb carrier or straight to your freebase pipe. If you get oil, you're on your own for as how to get it out of the water without losing any.

perhaps a pipette or an oral syringe would be good to siphon off the DPT freebase if its oil.

Say for example you have 100mg of DPT HCl that you want to convert to DPT freebase. In my opinion, the best method requires only NaOH (household lye) and distilled water in a glass vial with a glass stir rod or a plastic straw or other plastic/glass stirring utensil.

The atomic mass of DPT freebase is 244. The atomic mass of NaOH is 40. That means for every 100mg of DPT, you want around 17mg of NaOH dissolved into the distilled water. It's probably okay to round this ratio of NaOH to DPT even further from ~1/6th to 1/5th.

Once you dissolve the NaOH in the distilled water, pouring any DPT into the solution will lead to the rapid formation of DPT freebase while the water becomes saline. I got waxy orange crystals reminiscent of DMT when I've done this, but you may get an oil. Either way, it's not soluble in water so it floats to the top or sinks to the bottom. If you get crystals you can touch them with the stirring utensil and they should stick to it and you can pull them out of the vial and wipe them off onto herb carrier or straight to your freebase pipe. If you get oil, you're on your own for as how to get it out of the water without losing any.

Thanks Coolio. If it forms an oil, will it float on top? If so, my separatory funnel should be able to take care of that. If it forms crystals would a coffee filter give me what I'm looking for?

So i have a mountain of DPT HCL.
I've converted about... a gram or so, into 1.3grams using baking soda.
A la Crack Style... I'm kinda nervous about doing a full dose of this stuff,
I was wondering if anyone out here has experience with this stuff and does the
Crack Cocaine Method work well,

I have been reading other teks, that one seemed the simplest.
But in terms of strength... how does it add upp?

Is your question in regards to how much to smoke or what the effects are? I've only smoked the HCL and got shakey and weird (30mgs~); but insufflating is utter magic. I reckon a dose of about 100mgs or so, spread over five mins in several snorts, is brilliant. It kicks in slowishly- over 5 mins, so you will be tripping at last snort, and then one should lie down and let it flow.

I am curious as to how you came up with 1.3 grams after freebasing 1 gram, which should have removed the hcl ions and given you less weight then you begun with. Unless you didn't cook it right....

I made psychedelic crack rocks.
from what i understand, this stuff is very sensitive to heat.
So i didn't apply alot of flame to the spoon.

For 1gram of DPT
i used 300mg of Baking Soda.
a'la Crack.

Because from what i read, I didn't want to be holding a flame to this spoon and then getting all kinds of magical vapors attacking me.

So i used a blow dryer, and "just" enough water to get the whole job done.

I stirred furiously with a a tooth pick and eventually everything started to ball up into these little lumps, i seperated them and let them dry.

The stuff melts and everything just like crack.
But in terms of how potent it will actually be??

i was hoping someone out here would be able to tell me what i did wrong.
Perhaps enlighten me a little ^.^

Bongo would mix the .HCl with sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) 50/50 and add water dropwise while mixing the two together with a glass or plastic rod in a shallow container* of suitable dimensions. This will fizz as the hydrochloride reacts with the bicarbonate and releases CO2. Bongo would be careful to add just enough water to form a paste and the fizzing had stopped. Then Bongo would, not being in a hurry, allow this to dry in the dark. Then, as Bongo would have weighed the starting material and would know how much he had, he would use the USP-grade acetone to dissolve the DPT, pour through a filter paper to remove the bicarbonate and salt from the reaction - washing what is left in the filter with a little more acetone,and store same in solution in the fridge or freezer,or proceed with the diffusion onto mint leaves. Or pot. Or poison ivy...whatever.

From what i understand here....
I did everything correct.
I used Less Baking Soda than this gentleman. about 250mg's less.

But i take it... all i need right now is some acetone?