• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Don't feel the Codeine

I honestly don't feel the effect of 300 or 250mg of tramadol anymore. So I can't make you an exact dose comparison on my subjective side. Because I would say that 25mg of hydrocodone even calms my anxiety to a level that tramadol does not, although I have been reading and the combo is not very good,its dangerous, I honestly prefer hydrocodone alone. I thought the same thing that hydro was only in the USA, but here we also have hydrocodone, and it seems like a long time ago. I really don't want to keep paying for it ... it's expensive, it's really unnecessary now, especially since I want to get away from opiates, another thing that I forgot to mention is that here the hydrocone presentations were called dihydrocodeinone, but it's the same. It has no pseudoephedrine, only chlorpheniramine in addition to hydro. I take them only recreationally, it is very rare they give you that here.

I honestly don't feel the effect of 300 or 250mg of tramadol anymore. So I can't make you an exact dose comparison on my subjective side. Because I would say that 25mg of hydrocodone even calms my anxiety to a level that tramadol does not, although I have been reading and the combo is not very good,its dangerous, I honestly prefer hydrocodone alone. I thought the same thing that hydro was only in the USA, but here we also have hydrocodone, and it seems like a long time ago. I really don't want to keep paying for it ... it's expensive, it's really unnecessary now, especially since I want to get away from opiates, another thing that I forgot to mention is that here the hydrocone presentations were called dihydrocodeinone, but it's the same. It has no pseudoephedrine, only chlorpheniramine in addition to hydro. I take them only recreationally, it is very rare they give you that here.

Which combo is dangerous? Hydrocodone and tramadol?

I'm sorry to hear that Tramadol is no longer working for you viejo. For me, it's still an excellent antidepressant and anxiolytic. High doses still make me nod lol.
I have thought about buying Kratom to potentiate tramadol, but I have read opinions that after taking kratom, tramadol no longer works.

I'm sorry to hear that Tramadol is no longer working for you viejo. For me, it's still an excellent antidepressant and anxiolytic. High doses still make me nod lol.
I have thought about buying Kratom to potentiate tramadol, but I have read opinions that after taking kratom, tramadol no longer works.
How long or how often do you take Tramadol? And do you take breaks to keep your tolerance low?
The reason I'm asking is because so far Tramadol has been the only drug that actually works to mitigate my depression, and I'd hate for it to stop working due to increase in tolerance.

I really feel the antidepressant effect of doses from 300mg to 400mg, but I liked tramadol for its opiate effect, I don't get anything from it anymore :( Yes, the hydrocodone and tramadol combo seems to be dangerous, danger of seizures or something like that idk, although I don't know why I am worried if I was doing 1500mg doses of tramadol anyway lol

Maybe if I take a good rest, something like a month I can feel it again.
If I were you, I would take advantage of buying Kratom now, we don't have Kratom here :( nobody sells it, and there is a contact in Chile but he tells me that for now he cannot send me anything, until all this happens, if I were you I would take advantage of buying Kratom because apparently in Indonesia they will ban it in 2022.
Good thing you still get tramadol effects.
I think about not using it anymore because it is ridiculous that I need so much tramadol to feel good, I am going to ask my grandfather to bring me Kratom, he lives in Chile. I will use it when my grandfather can come, I am not in a hurry, also my idea is to be clean of opiates for that moment, maybe I will get a good effect from the Kratom.

Sure that high dose of opioid create tolerance to opiate and other opioids and opiates. Tramadol is not weak shit, if u can metabolize it right, than u have o-dsmt in your system which has mu opi affinity almost same as oxycodone.

The reason I'm asking is because so far Tramadol has been the only drug that actually works to mitigate my depression, and I'd hate for it to stop working due to increase in tolerance.
If you use it to alleviate depression, it may continue to work. And if you have no problem stopping taking it every few days it is better. Although I don't know, tramadol as an antidepressant is rare, it keeps my depression at 0 but it has destroyed me as an opioid.

Sure that high dose of opioid create tolerance to opiate and other opioids and opiates. Tramadol is not weak shit, if u can metabolize it right, than u have o-dsmt in your system which has mu opi affinity almost same as oxycodone.

Apparently my body metabolizes tramadol very well. But anyway I also use other opiates regularly like oxy or hydro.

If u miss opioid like effects of tramadol, try to take it and 2 hours later take some typical opiate. Not big dose. Just to add a little bit of opioidness while still having snri trams effects.

If you use it to alleviate depression, it may continue to work. And if you have no problem stopping taking it every few days it is better. Although I don't know, tramadol as an antidepressant is rare, it keeps my depression at 0 but it has destroyed me as an opioid.
I only take Tramadol 2 to 3 times a week, so I'm skipping days, and I don't mind skipping weeks. I started today. And I took 300mg of Pregabalin and it's taking my mind off Tramadol craving.
I still feel the Opioid high of Tramadol even when taking a small dose of 150mg and 200mg. So doesn't this euphoria contribute to lessening the depression? Regardless of its SNRI properties. If this euphoria is gone, I think the depression will come back, hitting hard.

I don't know. I felt tramadol the handful of times I took it. Codeine is useless to me though, no effect. High doses made me feel like I was going to sneeze. It was quite strange

I only take Tramadol 2 to 3 times a week, so I'm skipping days, and I don't mind skipping weeks. I started today. And I took 300mg of Pregabalin and it's taking my mind off Tramadol craving.
I still feel the Opioid high of Tramadol even when taking a small dose of 150mg and 200mg. So doesn't this euphoria contribute to lessening the depression? Regardless of its SNRI properties. If this euphoria is gone, I think the depression will come back, hitting hard.

You will feel something maybe, but that effect disappears with time. At least for me it was like that, although I took it every day and got a lot of tolerance to the opioid effect of tramadol. I remember a few years ago when 300mg together with pregabalin I loved it, it was heaven haha

How long or how often do you take Tramadol? And do you take breaks to keep your tolerance low?

I take it every day. I only take a break when I run out hahaha. Those days are a real hell.
If I were you and wanted to use tramadol only as an antidepressant, I would take small or moderate doses (under 400mg). There was a long time when I took it this way and it works great as an antidepressant. The problem comes when you try to "chase" the opioid high. Perhaps you could take tramadol every 2 days or switch doses (one day 300 mg to the other 50 mg and so on).

P.S. My tolerance is monstrous and irresponsibly dangerous.

I think taking methadone for a while caused me to no longer get effects from tramadol or codeine maybe?

Yes. I think that's the reason. As far as I know, methadone blocks the euphoric effects of other opioids.

In my experience, when you no longer feel euphoria, tramadol still works as an antidepressant and manages to stabilize my mood. Due to my chronic abuse, I hardly feel euphoria at low doses but I don't mind because I still feel like it works as an antidepressant.
But, if you have depression, I think the chances of abusing tramadol are very high. Have you tried any SSRI or SRNI?
If you want to go the tramadol route, you will have to accept that sometimes you will run out of doses and those days will be a real hell. And not to mention all the things that come with an opioid addiction. You should know if the benefits outweigh the risks.
My life before tramadol was pretty shitty (depression, anxiety, eating disorders, etc.), at least now with tramadol I feel happy and without all those problems.

I don't know. I felt tramadol the handful of times I took it. Codeine is useless to me though, no effect. High doses made me feel like I was going to sneeze. It was quite strange

Yeah, codeine useless right now. The only thing I feel is that it depresses my breathing more than tramadol. I didn't even feel the itching, but that may have been my codeine came with doses of chlorphenamine.

You will feel something maybe, but that effect disappears with time. At least for me it was like that, although I took it every day and got a lot of tolerance to the opioid effect of tramadol. I remember a few years ago when 300mg together with pregabalin I loved it, it was heaven haha

Yeah the first few times I took together pregabalin and tramadol I fuckin love it (a lot of bliss). But tolerance to pregabalin is very fast, even faster than tramadol. Also, when I have taken high doses of pregabalin and tramadol I felt too weird, like I was about to seizure. Now, I'm just trying to take a benzo for seizures, but in Chile the damn benzos are strictly controlled. Fuck.

But tolerance to pregabalin is very fast, even faster than tramadol. Also, when I have taken high doses of pregabalin and tramadol I felt too weird, like I was about to seizure

It is very rare how rapidly tolerance to pregabalin increases. I remember when my doctor prescribed it for me. I was taking 450 or 600mg the day I bought the box, and I would refrain from taking it and wait 2 days for the tolerance to drop. Because taking the same dose the next day produces very little effect, I would say less than half of the previous dose. I never took pregabalin again after I went a month without my prescription, when I bought it I took a stupid 750mg.
It was great, but only 70% of the experience. I came home after doing many things and went to bed because I was nodding a lot. And I had very strange dreams, I went down to tell my mother about the dreams but fuuuck, I could hardly speak, I kept nodding and staring. It was scary for my mom but I was fine in the end just another bad memory for my parents

Last edited:
Yeah the first few times I took together pregabalin and tramadol I fuckin love it (a lot of bliss). But tolerance to pregabalin is very fast, even faster than tramadol. Also, when I have taken high doses of pregabalin and tramadol I felt too weird, like I was about to seizure. Now, I'm just trying to take a benzo for seizures, but in Chile the damn benzos are strictly controlled. Fuck.
I thought the benzos were not so controlled there
The combo was great at first athough many times I did stupid things combining bigs doses of both I think I did it for several months, a few times a week, the other days of the week I used to take ketamine or oxy
It's great, but the ending is horrible, change your life if you don't know how to control them. If that were entirely possible for any GABAergic or opiate

I thought the benzos were not so controlled there
The combo was great at first athough many times I did stupid things combining bigs doses of both I think I did it for several months, a few times a week, the other days of the week I used to take ketamine or oxy
It's great, but the ending is horrible, change your life if you don't know how to control them. If that were entirely possible for any GABAergic or opiate

Yes. It's a real pain in the ass to get benzos at least where I live (southern Chile). In Santiago it's much easier. $ 6.3 dollars for ten 2mg clonazepam pills. Not so bad I guess. Luckily, I haven't gotten addicted to benzos yet haha. in fact, I have kinda fear of benzos because the severe wd symptoms.

Yes. It's a real pain in the ass to get benzos at least where I live (southern Chile). In Santiago it's much easier. $ 6.3 dollars for ten 2mg clonazepam pills. Not so bad I guess. Luckily, I haven't gotten addicted to benzos yet haha. in fact, I have kinda fear of benzos because the severe wd symptoms.

I have an addiction to benzo I would tell you never do it haha it has horrible wds

I have an addiction to benzo I would tell you never do it haha it has horrible wds

I am sorry to hear that man. I don't even want to imagine what you go through when you run out of tramadol and benzos. It must be a real torture.
What benzo do you take? Is it very difficult to get benzos in Argentina?