View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Done with psychedelics, passed on the torch

Chemical Wizard

Bluelighter
So I recently just gave my entire stash box to my friend. I started collecting in 2008, I had a good run with them. Last summer though I overdosed on a cocktail of psychedrlics at a festival and got taken away by security and had to be physically restrained by 4 grown men. The ordeal left me apprehensive about taking psychedrlics, and I have spent a lot of time evaluating my own reasons for why I use these materials.

I came to the conclusion that I do not have anything more to gain from the psychedelic experience for the time being. I need to integrate what I have learned over the past 8 years.

Also, I realized it's not who I am anymore. I have an awesome girlfriend, and my life is all around pretty great. I need to focus on myself more, and drugs aren't part of the picture for me any longer.

My overdose scared me so much. I took 1 tab of LSD a few weeks ago...first time dosing since last summer. It took me back to a scary place in my mind, reminiscent of the chaos I put myself through last summer.

So I decided to just give my whole box to my knowledgeable friend and close that chapter of my life for the time being. Haven't second guessed my decision at all.

Next step for me is to learn yoga, practice meditating. Focus on my hobbies and my health. Focus on my relationships and going back to school.

I guess I got the message, time to hang up the phone!

Sounds like the right decision. Good for you :)

I'm curious, what was in your overdose cocktail?

I was at a multi day psytrance festival. Drugs were being consumed from very early in the morning until late at night when the psychotic episode occurred.

-around 6 am, 7 mg 2c-p
-4 aco dmt, several eyeballed doses, insufflated, throughout day
-Ketamine cocaine and alcohol throughout day
-cannabis
-LSD, 1 tab
-2c-d, 2 x 25 mg, one earlier, on right before freak out
-5 meo dalt, right before freak out, eyeballed bump

Reckless, no?

Relationships are really overrated, give me all the LSD and keep for yourself all those girls and friends!

Haha, too late!

I feel good with my decision. I like to think that now my collection is actually going to end up being shared with people who are actually seeking an experience with those materials. My buddy is able to provide access to lots more interested people.

My passion for psychedelics lives on in many ways. I always enjoyed sharing them with people who were genuinely interested in the experience. They weren't doing anybody any good being locked up in my freezer. Now they are accessible to those who seek.

Happy travels everybody, stay safe!

Haha, too late!

I feel good with my decision. I like to think that now my collection is actually going to end up being shared with people who are actually seeking an experience with those materials. My buddy is able to provide access to lots more interested people.

My passion for psychedelics lives on in many ways. I always enjoyed sharing them with people who were genuinely interested in the experience. They weren't doing anybody any good being locked up in my freezer. Now they are accessible to those who seek.

Happy travels everybody, stay safe!

Really feel you, I was myself on abstinence of psychedelics for like two years because of a bad trip, and was giving them for free to anyone seeking for the experience. Since a few months, I started to take them again on the regular (2-3 times a month) and I needed to restock on tryptamines and lysergamides, so be ware you maybe will regret this on the future ^^

Good luck in your trip in life, my friend!

This is absolutely not something I regret. I know who to go to if I seek this kind of thing in the future. And deep down I really feel that I am over it.

I'm not ruling out that one day in the future I will ingest something psychedelic again, I'm sure I will at some point. But I think I'm back to basics. Some MDMA, ketamine, shrooms LSD and blow, that's more than I think I'll ever need.

Being a psychedelic collector was part of who I was from the time I was 22, until this year. I'm turning 30 now. It will always be part of who I was.

I feel as though giving the collection away opened up new pathways and freed up a lot of "space" within myself. I have more room within me to allow new endeavours to begin.

Sounds like you made a mature and reasonable decision, good for you. :)

5-meo's seem to be the most initially overwhelming if you take a good enough dose. Quite anxiogenic, 5-meo-dalt is commonly considered more of a toy but at the right doses can pack a punch, especially with a combo like that. It sounds like you are definitely at that point and made a mature decision. I havent touched psychedelics in a few years now and am actually better for it. I also haven't written it off for the future but as of right now going through psychosis, it's definitely not a good idea.

When I was using them near the end, it stopped being about self discovery and more about escapism. I would do insane combos and just abuse them. I was honest with myself and just stopped. I miss them sometimes but when I am ready and healthy, centered, it will be amazing and I will ensure that I am using them for the right reasons.

That's how I started feeling. It became less about self discovery, and more about just wanting to get fucked up. I wasnt using them with any kind of intention.

After the overdose, my collection felt more like a loaded gun than something I was proud of and excited to be in possession of.

The whole thing gave me a lot of perspective in life. Taught me what I should be valuing and what I should be grateful for. And it showed me what I have to lose if I do something that careless again.

And it was embarrassing. I got carried away after I started trying to get naked on the dance floor in front of hundreds of people, hahahahaha. I've been insanely high before that night, but never take all my clothes off high.

Oh man, I always thought that take your clothes off thing will never happen to me.... seems like a place people frequently go when reaching that psychosis sort of level. I mean it never has happened but I guess this is a good warning that it COULD, even if you've tripped for many years an innumerable number of times with no problems.

It's also, of course, a warning against going too hard with combinations and dosages.

Yup. Guy I know who comes to my psytrance club was at a lovely festival back in June. First night he got totally fucked, stripped of in the psytrance tent and started promoting his penis to everyone - which was not a big deal as we're all generally tolerant and chilled in there - but then went outside to the public area with kids etc. and, of course, security and police. Got taken to a "place of safety" (police cells of course) and missed the rest of the weekend festival. Nuts.

Good for you. I gave them up over a decade ago when a relative I was close to died, and I had gotten everything out of LSD and mushrooms at high, moderate, and low/micro doses.

Oh man, I always thought that take your clothes off thing will never happen to me.... seems like a place people frequently go when reaching that psychosis sort of level. I mean it never has happened but I guess this is a good warning that it COULD, even if you've tripped for many years an innumerable number of times with no problems.

It's also, of course, a warning against going too hard with combinations and dosages.

I usually tend to go half-naked when on psychedelics. The temperature changes make me hot most of the time (Usually, if I'm dancing) so I tend to undress myself nearly full (Only with some underpants or so). It feels so nice, and free, and I don't give a fuck about what people might think about me, even sober, on psychs, or on whatever drug, so ;) This is different though to those episodes of people going fully naked running trough the forest with so many LSD on their heads, things like that never happened to me, but I can see myself doing it on the future on a safe environment, it needs to be such a nice experience ^^

^^ Well sure, but you know what I mean... you read it in all sorts of train wreck trip reports, the guy who gets really fucked up, starts not making any sense, takes his clothes off and exposes himself to others inappropriately. It's a thing.

^^ Well sure, but you know what I mean... you read it in all sorts of train wreck trip reports, the guy who gets really fucked up, starts not making any sense, takes his clothes off and exposes himself to others inappropriately. It's a thing.

Well, yeah, it's a thing, as that crazy hobbo that eated the face of a person while the influence of just cannabis (Yes, that time when before any kind of analysis or autopsy all the press and the police were talking about bath salts). I read a lot of things, and believe half of them. There is a lot of urban legends out there, and people tend to exaggerate real stories to add some fake spice to the fairy tale. I can't say something "is a thing" just because there were like 2 or 3 reports of crazy people doing crazy stuff, that they would probably have done without drugs on their system.

^^ I've personally seen it twice and there are a ton of trip reports about it on Erowid.

It definitely is a thing, I went a step further once (don't think I want to go into detail) near the end of the most psychotic episode in my life, it scared me away from psychedelics for a very long time.

The reason I went too far at the time was that at the moment I was convinced that nothing is real and I could shape my own reality, when you're completely convinced of that there are no boundaries.Such states of mind could easily be lethal.

I completely understand this choice, and the need for taking a healthy approach to life. For me the love for psychedelics came back, I assume when the time is right psychedelics will find a more balanced way in your life again.

Last edited: