• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Done with psychedelics, passed on the torch

Stripping caused by too much LSD is far more common than face-eating caused by too much MDPV or whatever.

I was naked for my first trip, but I was alone squating a big villa on Formentera. Just my headphones on the head. Memorable.
There was few boat that past but they didn't care.
But never did it really in public tho.

I'm a proponent of taking the occasional break from tripping. I've recently begun another one myself. How can you know whether psychedelics are helping you or hindering you, if you don't have sobriety as a basis of comparison?

Sure. One of the benefits of LSD is to compare two subjectives perceptions of the reality. A bit like the stereoscopic vision that gives the perception of the 3rd dimension. Moreover LSD brings a lots of perception to our consciousness that is interesting during a controlled environment (settings) but not in a everyday living.

Wow, I could have written this post last year after I did the same exact thing with my collection.

At some point, it's just time to give it away and free up that space in your life as you said.

Best of luck man, you won't regret this at all.

It happens... If that's how you feel good for you! Psychedelics will most likely always be apart of my life. A negative experience to me is something you kind of ask for. You play with fire and you get burnt. For me it's always been about getting back on the horse. I'm glad you did what you did though!

I guess I got the message, time to hang up the phone!

Bear in mind that the guy who came up with that statement drank himself to a miserable death a few years later.

When he was on two bottles of scotch a day a few months before he died Alan Watts's son asked him "Don't you want to live dad?" and he said "Yes son, but it's not worth the effort". Perhaps if he'd picked the phone back up he might've realised he hadn't got the message at all.

Oh man, I always thought that take your clothes off thing will never happen to me.... seems like a place people frequently go when reaching that psychosis sort of level. I mean it never has happened but I guess this is a good warning that it COULD, even if you've tripped for many years an innumerable number of times with no problems.

I don't think it means we're all vulnerable tho X, obviously taking high doses in public is a high-risk way of taking psychedelics. If he'd been at home he could've got laid down on the couch for an hour and then been right as rain. When you've got security guards around you it's not about tripping anymore - it's about something else.

And if you're safe at home you can strip stark bollock naked to your hearts content.

Bear in mind that the guy who came up with that statement drank himself to a miserable death a few years later.

When he was on two bottles of scotch a day a few months before he died Alan Watts's son asked him "Don't you want to live dad?" and he said "Yes son, but it's not worth the effort". Perhaps if he'd picked the phone back up he might've realised he hadn't got the message at all.

Oh I'm sure I will trip again one day. But for now, I'm happy to have passed on my collection to someone who will enjoy having it. I just have to integrate the last 8 years of psychedelic experience before I feel like I can enjoy them again. I've never really taken a break from them since I started collecting.

I don't think it means we're all vulnerable tho X, obviously taking high doses in public is a high-risk way of taking psychedelics. If he'd been at home he could've got laid down on the couch for an hour and then been right as rain. When you've got security guards around you it's not about tripping anymore - it's about something else.

And if you're safe at home you can strip stark bollock naked to your hearts content.

The security guards most definitely were a big factor in not being able to calm down. But ultimately my own bad judgement and bad choices are to blame.

Yeah I must admit if I was surrounded by cops or security guards (or even complete strangers of any kind) while I was tripping my nuts off there's no telling how that would affect me. I've always liked the option of a safe, private place if I find things getting uncomfortable. Without that maybe I'dve gone running down the street naked save for one sock too.

Perhaps if he'd picked the phone back up he might've realised he hadn't got the message at all.

Thats so disrespectful you should be ashamed

I am no Alan Watts fanboy but as a guy that loves science and the whole big bang thing he had some amazing insights (seems thats who Mckenna tried to emulate), maybe its beacause my passion is maths I dunno but listening to Alan Watts on reality bearing in mind the whole Schrodinger thing (the equation!) is really mind blowing to think we are all expressions of the same equations

people do crazy things and they dont even know why themselves you are no one to judge (which you do seem to like doing I have noticed)

The road of life is rocky and you may stumble too

While your pointing fingers someone else is judging you

Thats so disrespectful you should be ashamed

It's not hard to understand where he's coming from though, I love listening/reading Watts, he was like a catalyst of humans higher selves, unfortunately it seems like he lost the battle (that we all fight) with himself in the end.
Sometimes we do get the message, only to lose track of it later.

Why do you think so? I would hope that psychedelics could at least offer enough hope to stop you drinking yourself to death.

Its just bad taste the way you put it over, like all the great things he talked about and people he taught counts for nothing

I know very little about the bloke but I do know he still to this day has a big following, he clearly was a remarkable person

He doesnt seem to advocate taking psychedelics like Terence Mckenna so I dont think he has ever claimed psychedelics to be a magic bullet for anything sure psychedelics can be used as tools to battle addictions but its never going to be a 100% hit rate and besides life is complicated we all have issues and different experieces so honestly who are you to pass judgement on a dead man for his short comings when you can have no idea the issues he was facing or how his life may have changed. Life can change in the blink of an eye

Instead of pointing out his shortcomings why not look for a positive?, why would you want to write off a great person forget the good and focus on the bad?

I cant even stop smoking and psychedelics have hit it home how retarded it is, the amount I smoke and the damage its doing. I still smoke and its just hard for me to kick it, I can only imagine how hard it is to battle alchohol or equivalent

A bit of empathy man

I'm not knocking the guy but it's no use candy-coating it. I think it's relevant to know that the guy who claimed "hang up the phone" then proceeded to drink himself to death in utter despair.

If you look at it from Alan's viewpoint - obviously all the good work he did and people he helped was no use to him in the end. Doing good isn't enough to save some people.

I've all the empathy in the world for the guy, but when I hear people quote him I always think "Ok, but lets hear the whole story".