• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed really make you stupid ?

^^^ I agree with some of your points - particularly about weed alleviating boredom, being inspirational, and being annoying when it becomes a dependence.

As for the positive representations in TV, nowadays it is becoming SLIGHTLY more even sided in pop culture, though even the so-called positive role models are often still founded upon a kind of "loser" prototype.

Anyway, back to intelligence...

I enjoy using Tim Leary's model of consciousness, which separates the mind into eight different functions. Intelligence is understood as the receiving, integrating, and transmitting of information for the purpose of each of their functions.

Leary reckoned that the first four functions are related to physical survival and reproduction of the species: first is bio-survival intelligence, used to differentiate between harmful and nourishing phenomena; second is emotional intelligence, used to navigate in social hierarchies and group packs; third is semantic intelligence, used to manipulate conceptual symbols such as language and ideas; fourth is socio-sexual intelligence, which is used to successfully find a sex-role within society and somehow be part of the system of child-rearing for the next generation.

Now, I won't describe the last four circuits, needless to say that Leary speculated they were above and beyond the other four in terms of psychological and species evolution. Each stage is activated usually sequentially, and the fifth one, directly after socio-sexual, is somatic intelligence - used to achieve mind-body harmony. This is what he thought weed activated - an intelligence related to sensual body consciousness (like you said before, altering overall perception).

Now, when we are mainly involved on one level, we lose attachment and functionality in the others. For example, when we are high on level five, we lose focus on bio-survival concerns, emotional games, semantic rules, and socio-sexual roles. In the same way, when we are focused on the first level in fight or flight mode, we ignore the higher functions. Leary described level five, activated by weed, as being similar to Zen - detachment from Earthly concerns, a.k.a. a state that many would call lazy or stupid.

But level five somatic consciousness can be combined with other levels delightfully - like the third level for creative writing unhinged from semantic rules, or the fourth level for socio-sexual pleasures unhinged from sex-role pressures. And it is useful in itself for making the connection between mind and body more healthy, and FOR detaching from the other levels of functioning and perceiving them from a different perspective (in other words, seeing them at all!).

Also, people are better at either receiving, or integrating, or transmitting information on any given level. It takes practice. That's why people talk about "rookies" with weed smoking - at each level of consciousness, practice is needed in order to be able to transmit anything useful, for a while we simply need to learn how to receive and integrate our experiences.

Also, in some ways, emotional flatness is sought after by many people who wish to be enlightened and no longer bothered by life on Earth. Followers of Eckhart Tolle might say that they want to not mind anymore what happens.

WOW, long rant.

tl;dr, Weed activates somatic body intelligence, which can be seen as laziness or stupidity from the perspective of Earthly concerns such as bio-survival, emotional games, semantic strictness, or socio-sexual norms. It takes practice to be able to transmit anything that could be seen as "smart" from the Zen state of weed intoxication. Emotional flatness is not entirely bad - dissociation is not the same thing as enlightened detachment.

Staying sober activates cloud intelligence and smoking weed makes cloud intelligence fall onto mountain intelligence. Without cloud intelligence you can only think on the numbers behind your eyes.

The transponder region of your nebular conscious is activated by the Buddha body of the foot region as it is connected to the soul of the sky. Think of it like a tree in harmony with the natural world and not the root system of the somatic brain.

You can transpose 8 states of the mind into 1 region which seems to an outside observer to not integrate the experienced higher archetypes which promulgate the date of flux but only to those using the four basic regions of the mind separately in pre-transpotic mini-mind regions on or beneath the quilt supported region of the third nebular fold of the universal mind's gravity. Thus causing later thoughts to mean anything.

I am not saying any one summer tide of thought flux is superior in any way or being egotistical, but your former thoughts transposed do mean much more when they are not faxed to the galaxy. In terms of abridgment. That can only be realized with investments, not what is bought on trading but entrepreneurial growth of the primary focus variety. This involved being integrated, but does not mediatize disintegration.

Make of that what you will.

^^^ I bet you had a LOT of fun writing that :)

Still... What I MAKE of it is that you'd rather try to belittle me than respond specifically to the ideas I posted or the topic of the thread. Either that or you simply didn't understand the concepts, which I thought were pretty basic.

If you didn't understand the concepts, I'm willing to take responsibility for half of that.

^^^ I agree with some of your points - particularly about weed alleviating boredom, being inspirational, and being annoying when it becomes a dependence.

As for the positive representations in TV, nowadays it is becoming SLIGHTLY more even sided in pop culture, though even the so-called positive role models are often still founded upon a kind of "loser" prototype.

Anyway, back to intelligence...

I enjoy using Tim Leary's model of consciousness, which separates the mind into eight different functions. Intelligence is understood as the receiving, integrating, and transmitting of information for the purpose of each of their functions.

Leary reckoned that the first four functions are related to physical survival and reproduction of the species: first is bio-survival intelligence, used to differentiate between harmful and nourishing phenomena; second is emotional intelligence, used to navigate in social hierarchies and group packs; third is semantic intelligence, used to manipulate conceptual symbols such as language and ideas; fourth is socio-sexual intelligence, which is used to successfully find a sex-role within society and somehow be part of the system of child-rearing for the next generation.

Now, I won't describe the last four circuits, needless to say that Leary speculated they were above and beyond the other four in terms of psychological and species evolution. Each stage is activated usually sequentially, and the fifth one, directly after socio-sexual, is somatic intelligence - used to achieve mind-body harmony. This is what he thought weed activated - an intelligence related to sensual body consciousness (like you said before, altering overall perception).

Now, when we are mainly involved on one level, we lose attachment and functionality in the others. For example, when we are high on level five, we lose focus on bio-survival concerns, emotional games, semantic rules, and socio-sexual roles. In the same way, when we are focused on the first level in fight or flight mode, we ignore the higher functions. Leary described level five, activated by weed, as being similar to Zen - detachment from Earthly concerns, a.k.a. a state that many would call lazy or stupid.

But level five somatic consciousness can be combined with other levels delightfully - like the third level for creative writing unhinged from semantic rules, or the fourth level for socio-sexual pleasures unhinged from sex-role pressures. And it is useful in itself for making the connection between mind and body more healthy, and FOR detaching from the other levels of functioning and perceiving them from a different perspective (in other words, seeing them at all!).

Also, people are better at either receiving, or integrating, or transmitting information on any given level. It takes practice. That's why people talk about "rookies" with weed smoking - at each level of consciousness, practice is needed in order to be able to transmit anything useful, for a while we simply need to learn how to receive and integrate our experiences.

Also, in some ways, emotional flatness is sought after by many people who wish to be enlightened and no longer bothered by life on Earth. Followers of Eckhart Tolle might say that they want to not mind anymore what happens.

WOW, long rant.

tl;dr, Weed activates somatic body intelligence, which can be seen as laziness or stupidity from the perspective of Earthly concerns such as bio-survival, emotional games, semantic strictness, or socio-sexual norms. It takes practice to be able to transmit anything that could be seen as "smart" from the Zen state of weed intoxication. Emotional flatness is not entirely bad - dissociation is not the same thing as enlightened detachment.
That's heavy. I'm confused on a few things though. Mainly the idea that weed intoxication does not make one "smart" for reproductive/sex purposes.

I don't know about you, but weed makes sex ten times better for me and I can get in the "Zone" way easier on it than sober. I never practiced having sex on pot, it just happens...like every single time.

^^^ I bet you had a LOT of fun writing that :)

Still... What I MAKE of it is that concept rather try to belittle me than respond specifically to the ideas I posted or the topic of the thread. Either that or you simply didn't understand the concepts, which I thought were pretty basic.

If you didn't understand the concepts, I'm willing to take responsibility for half of that.
The concepts were not outside the grasp of basic fuzzy root theory and half the concept is more likely 4 or 5 16ths.

Leary (SVP) was onto integrating, although his eventual decline into cloud thinking had been substituted by raw emotionalism and not outlined by a psyche sub 2 phenomena timeline.

Where you got the idea wrong was that through boredom of the mirrors, which dematerializes the basic 8 root concept, was the purpose of SVP being tap-rooted in a mountain chain; this becomes fully integrated at level 9.

That's heavy. I'm confused on a few things though. Mainly the idea that weed intoxication does not make one "smart" for reproductive/sex purposes.

I don't know about you, but weed makes sex ten times better for me and I can get in the "Zone" way easier on it than sober. I never practiced having sex on pot, it just happens...like every single time.

My understanding is that socio-sexual intelligence is not about how to achieve sexual pleasure, it's about successfully fulfilling socio-sexual roles within society - dealing with information about social norms and how to act in accordance with your society's socio-sexual rules.

In terms of achieving sexual pleasure, it would be all about level five somatic intelligence - the ability to communicate well with your own body. That's why people call sensual pot an aphrodisiac. Helps with tantra and yoga.

The concepts were not outside the grasp of basic fuzzy root theory and half the concept is more likely 4 or 5 16ths.

Leary (SVP) was onto integrating, although his eventual decline into cloud thinking had been substituted by raw emotionalism and not outlined by a psyche sub 2 phenomena timeline.

Where you got the idea wrong was that through boredom of the mirrors, which dematerializes the basic 8 root concept, was the purpose of SVP being tap-rooted in a mountain chain; this becomes fully integrated at level 9.

While I imagine that your antagonistic derailing of the thread is pretty much against bluelight policies outside the Lounge, I've gotta say "boredom of the mirrors" would make a pretty sweet album name.

My understanding is that socio-sexual intelligence is not about how to achieve sexual pleasure, it's about successfully fulfilling socio-sexual roles within society - dealing with information about social norms and how to act in accordance with your society's socio-sexual rules.

In terms of achieving sexual pleasure, it would be all about level five somatic intelligence - the ability to communicate well with your own body. That's why people call sensual pot an aphrodisiac. Helps with tantra and yoga.

While I imagine that your antagonistic derailing of the thread is pretty much against bluelight policies outside the Lounge, I've gotta say "boredom of the mirrors" would make a pretty sweet album name.
You are undisciplined.

^^^ How so?

(If your focus on me personally is going to be lengthy, perhaps you could just PM me.)

OK. However this is assuming a relation to a time period. For example, socio-sexual intelligence is much different today than it was just 20 years ago. Social norms are rarely fair to call into judgement as they are so quickly changing. But I dig what you're saying.

A disciplined student would have presumption, conspicuous reason, and corroboration compiled for use against even a remote obfuscation. The obvious semantic misuse of the somatic intelligence of abuse takes a lack of intelligence for which you managed to meak a plea of authority as a self-approved dignitary of Timothy Leary, not the least bit hypocritical. Still, a fitting ode to a worn out political fool who you enjoy mostly due to the resonance of his name as much as he enjoyed much the same ringing sound of his own ideas.

A disciplined student would have presumption, conspicuous reason, and corroboration compiled for use against even a remote obfuscation. The obvious semantic misuse of the somatic intelligence of abuse takes a lack of intelligence for which you managed to meak a plea of authority as a self-approved dignitary of Timothy Leary, not the least bit hypocritical. Still, a fitting ode to a worn out political fool who you enjoy mostly due to the resonance of his name as much as he enjoyed much the same ringing sound of his own ideas.
You make so little sense to me that I'm starting to get jealous as to what drugs you are on...

OK. However this is assuming a relation to a time period. For example, socio-sexual intelligence is much different today than it was just 20 years ago. Social norms are rarely fair to call into judgement as they are so quickly changing. But I dig what you're saying.

Oh yeah, it's definitely related to the culture you're exposed to. Socio-sexual intelligence, like all the other functions of consciousness, adapts to a person's specific surroundings. So the expression of this intelligence is relative to space and time. Like, it's not smart to behave in society the same way we did in the 20's, because you're right - times change. Same with symbolic-semantic intelligence, its development depends on the language structures you're exposed to.

I don't remember ever pleading that I was an authority - I thought it was clear that these were simply my interpretations and ideas inspired by Leary's eight-circuit model. I thought they were very relevant to the thread considering he focuses on INTELLIGENCE and the effects of WEED. Seemed fair comment, to me.

I don't care if you don't like him, I mean, who are you? (That's rhetorical, by the way, I don't really care.)

As for calling me stupid and putting words in my mouth about why YOU assume I like Leary's ideas - you don't have the knowledge about me to back that up. I think his philosophical and psychological ideas are well crafted, fun, and useful. And, as I said before, perhaps most importantly, they are pretty much relevant to the topic of the thread.

You misunderstood your own plea for authority was not in you or to Mr Leary but to an authority that makez lounge policies.

Let's back it up then to my leading assumption that you are not disciplined, a discipline, a dignitary of Leary. That you are not educated about his ideas and philosophy, that you do not follow, practice, show it by action.

Do you think my ideas are any less relevant to weed and intelligence?

You misunderstood your own plea for authority was not in you or to Mr Leary but to an authority that makez lounge policies.

Let's back it up then to my leading assumption that you are not disciplined, a discipline, a dignitary of Leary. That you are not educated about his ideas and philosophy, that you do not follow, practice, show it by action.

Do you think my ideas are any less relevant to weed and intelligence?

Yeah, petty much - notice how your last four posts never mention marijuana or intelligence? Notice how your last few posts in particular are actually about my level of discipline? (I don't know how you know about my discipline, to be honest.) That's what I would call off topic.

SO... If you want to talk about how I got Leary's ideas wrong, and how YOU interpret his model differently in relation to weed and intelligence, I'm interested.

If you want to let me know specifically how I am not incorporating his philosophy into my behaviour, well, I'm interested in that too (can't help myself!), but it's probably better suited to a PM rather than this thread.

Do you see what I'm saying? This thread is not called "how well does Wontblonk understand and demonstrate Leary's ideas?" It's called "does weed make you stupid?"

Did you just ask when was the last time I discussed weed and intelligence after reading my last post?

That is what I mean by you being undisciplined.

Leary said to think for yourself, that's what I'm doing. You can't understand what he meant by the words he was using.

The thread is about whether weed makes you stupid, not whether weed gives you some hypothetical form of intelligence.

You opened up the topic to nonsense.

^^^ You don't seem to be thinking for yourself so much as attacking me for what I think.

I don't believe that somatic intelligence is hypothetical - I think it's a metaphor for real experiences with the body and knowledge of the body that can be brought about by smoking weed. It's a form of intelligence that is related to smoking weed - in other words, it's directly related to the thread, because intelligence and stupidity are antithetical.

I don't understand your point of view at all, in one post you say Leary is nonsense, and in the next you say that you are a true follower of his ideas and I am not.

Even if you think the ideas I posted are not valid, why not simply ignore them or rebut them, instead of attacking me for being undisciplined? You just come across as petty and aggressive.

I was hoping to come across as a pencil sharpener or a dirty pan. Be honest, do you really understand how 8 circuits is valid or is it just another hypothesis?