• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make you hallucinate?

I have sometimes had amazing CEV's. Once I got some border line shroom like visuals, although brief.

When i smoke a good ammount of a heavy indica infused with some hash oil, then when i close my eyes a slight visual pattern unfolds. It sort of like it you press on your eyelids and you get the sheds of light exploding

i havent smoked a whole lot of pot in my days, but remember hallucinating one time in pretty vivid detail. I smoked more weed than i ever had in my life one evening and the dudes i was with just kept shoving blunt after blunt in my face. Needless to say i was in a fucking stupor. I felt this bubble .. like an air bubble or something .. begin in my heart and travel down my arm. It then traveled back up my arm and up to my head where it exploded in my brain. I damn near fell over. It was the weirdest shit and i was literally panicking. Then i went upstairs into the kitchen and the wallpaper was moving. Finally, before falling asleep, when i closed my eyes I heard noises. The best way to describe them would be like harmonic laser zipping sounds. Like little laser beams zipping around. They were pretty calming lol. I was outta my gourd.

I've never hallucinated but the time where i've gotten the highest colours were much more vivid and bright.
I really hope to achieve that one day agian, though it seems inpossible because i have been trying for about 3 years.

Weed can make you hallucinate

Omg. Well Friday night, I had smoked some Reggie out of a mini bong and got pretty high, then a couple hours later, smoked some weed called pink kush out of that same mini bong. After about 3 hits, I started losing balance and couldn't stand anymore. I kept my eyes open and started seeing some really weird shit that wasn't really there. I blacked out and woke up a couple minutes later still high as fuck and was hallucinating really badly like i was seeing hands floating around.. And I would drink some water and when I would do that I would see like a puzzle with water spilling all over it. And this one guy was trying to snap me out of it by pretending to be my football coach. And I swear to god I saw my football coach standing right there talking to me. I then started having panic attacks and like I was seeing different memories coming together just to make one scene that was happening. I started hallucinating terribly and terrible memories were coming back to me in the form of hallucinations. I stared crying uncontrollaby. It was terrible. Today, (sunday), all the memories of my trip started coming back to me. I was tripping so bad that it honestly scared the shit out of me. My friends who were there told me yesterday that while I was high I vowed never to smoke again. And I'm staying with that vow. Anyways, the point it WEED DOES MAKE YOU HALLUCINATE. It's just different for different people.

Last edited:
i think the hallucinating field is kinda on the paranoia/anxiety mindfuck you could even say,

Lol i didnt realise a vape hits you harder so i was basically getting too high in the beggining and dreaming and hearing shit.
Now i just like to pack the bowl half way, take 3 deep long hits then enjoy that.

I'm 14 and Friday was the first time I smoked A LOT and I started tripping balls and was having some crazy hallucinations

I have a pretty high tolerance, and I don't ever have hallucinations from weed.

When I was younger and still lived at home, I remember thinking I would hear my garage door opening or my front door opening when I was high and it would freak me out. I thought my parents were home or something along those lines that gave me some anxiety... Things like that don't really happen anymore, but I'm never really put into those situations or have to worry about hiding my lifestyle choices in my new place.

The furthermost I've ever got is, a couple times when I got really stoned (when I first started) I could close my eyes and I would see weird patterns that looked like they were drawn with crayons or something. I'm still stumped to this day as to what the patterns were as I'm almost certain that I've seen them somewhere before... I'm just not sure where.

I don't do weed often, maybe three/four times a month. I drank two days ago, and then yesterday i smoked with a couple of friends. My friends were fine, they were just chilling and everything was alright. i was laughing, and i felt really good and it was so much fun until we sat down in starbucks and i started getting a feeling that as if something is going inside my body. My eyes got really heavy, i couldnt hear anything, i couldnt speak loud (apperantly i was mumbling ) i was really heavy, and i couldnt walk. I heard my heart beating really fast, and it was as if i was in another world. I couldnt get out of it though, i wanted it to stop but it kept going. It was pinching me inside all of the sudden i started to get "fatter" and my singers got really big and my sing was stuck. It was soo horible, but im not close to done yet. I started hallucinating all the way back to when i was a little baby. I was sitting in my little crib, i saw my dad and my mom when they were young. (ive never seen my dad before, he left when i was little ) but i saw him in my hallucination, and he looked exactly the way i saw him in a picture with me. I saw him screaming, and beating my mom. I couldnt do anything about it though, because i was so little and i was in my crib. I wanted to do something, and it hurt so bad inside that i couldnt help her but i had to relive that moment and it was so horrible. I saw the police that my dad away, and i stood there not knowing what to do. I saw my mom holding me as a baby, and spinning me around , and i saw my grandma . two days ago i was in a fight with my grandma we havent talked in a month but yesterday right after i came back to myself i came up to her crying and apologizing. i told her the story, and i told her how much she means to me and that shes not a bad person. shes always been trying to help me out, but i was too selfish to realize it. I realized that the way ive been treating my family was completely wrong. I never want to relive that day, but i learned a lesson. I feel like this is a good lesson for me from God himself. His giving me another chance. I've always been meaning to apologize to my grandma, and when that happened i came up to her kissing her and asking her to please forgive me. I will never smoke ever again. It is pointles, and i would never want to go back into that world ever again. Hallucination is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and i really hope it doesnt happen to me. I feel like if i didnt ask God for help, and if i didnt pray i would have died that day. I asked God for help, and i prayed and he saved me. This is another chance for me, and i will live to redeam all the bad that i have done. From this point on, i will be a better person. I live to serve God, and i believe that we are all equal, and in the end we will all be in a better place and we'll all be the same. You need to believe in God.

That is definitely not weed man, you sure it wasn't laced with some acid or something? Or could salvia maybe cause this?

The patterns on my lampshade next to my bed became a bird's eye view of a forest and some other shit, was pretty cool but not hallucinating really.

The furthermost I've ever got is, a couple times when I got really stoned (when I first started) I could close my eyes and I would see weird patterns that looked like they were drawn with crayons or something. I'm still stumped to this day as to what the patterns were as I'm almost certain that I've seen them somewhere before... I'm just not sure where.
i also get an eery feeling of familiarity with the cannabis quasi-breakthrough environment, and sometimes trippy visions overlaying the patterns..

I can confidently say I have never had an open-eyed hallucination on marijuana, and as far as I'm aware I haven't had a closed-eye hallucination on marijuana either.

my plan for tonight: get higher than ever before and try to hallucinate.

I suppose I somewhat do. When I get REALLY stoned, and try to focus on 1 object, it gets bigger and smaller at the same time.

I know that sounds weird, but if you've experienced it you'll know what I mean. A lot of my friends IRL get this after a hefty session.

I can honestly say that marijuana has never made me hallucinate. still lurv it

it gives me visions to such an extent, that i don't know if i am looking at something 2 dimensional, 3 dimensional, or just a thought that looks like an image ;)

^ same. i have clear memories on several occasions of looking at leaves of a plant against the sky outside my bedroom window, and the leaves forming into clear pictures (a face, an animal, a pattern) and quickly changing to something else equally recognisable. sort of like watching clouds and seeing them take recognisable forms, but this was much more than me thinking "oh the shape of those leaves looks like an old man's face" because it kept changing so fast to something radically different to the image proceeding it. this is before i used any other drugs, before the days of RCs flooding the drug market and i was stoned from smoking some nice buds.
it was like my mind was forming images out of information that was already there - not like LSD or tryptamine distortions, but something else entirely. quite a trippy and pleasurable experience.

when i ingest large amounts of cannabis, i almost always hallucinate. i have watched moving images light up on walls (like projections of a car driving down a dirt track or an eagle soaring in the air) and seen very intense and realistic CEVs as well. auditory hallucinations are also quite common for me when high-dosing edibles.
it is not like i eat a cookie or two and i start seeing images appear on the walls and hear voices - it is just when i've had too big a dose, when the effects are borderline (or completely) overwhelming. i also had very visual effects from a cake that was made from cannabis flour (something like 8 ounces of powdered leaf and tip went into this cake - not butter or any sort of hash - and it had a very distinct effect) - no matter how little i ate (tiny mouthfuls of cake at a time) i would have a tripped-out visual/auditory semi-nightmarish stone. i love eating weed, but that was a gnarly cake.

it has been over 10 years since i've had any kind of visual distortion or suggestion of a hallucination from smoking weed, but it certainly happened when i was younger on occasion.
weed does make you (me) hallucinate, in certain circumstances. not necessarily the circumstances i would choose to use cannabis in - the ingested doses were larger than comfortable doses and the visual and mental effects were heavy and lacking in the clarity of a traditional psychedelic. i'll stick to the pleasant dosages/effects profiles for cannabis and save my hallucinations for DMT and LSD trips...

If it is very high quality- very low quality, laced with who knows what. Many, and most- very high quality strains of cannabis will cause open, and closed eye hallucinations. usually there is a static like effect, and sometimes bouncing spheres all around your vision. Low, Low, low quality weed- often laced to keep people buying it, will cause crazy hallucinations. This is either from your brain cells being slaughtered and the rest of your brain going into final protection, or from actual drugs added to the weed, of what can either be a good thing, or a bad thing. Good- You get hallucinations and youre high will be awesome. Bad- Addiction, dependance, bad dealer, brain damage, well... theres alot of bad.

Sort of. I get closed eye visuals, sometimes see patterns and stuff like that, sometimes I'll hear my name called or something like that but it's never been full on hallucinogenic for me. I've never seen acid-like stuff while high or anything, just mild visuals/auditory hallucinations