• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make you hallucinate?

one time when i just started smoking i was about 13 n it was really hot n bright outside i smoked a blunt with like 3 friends of commerical rego n wow i started getting weird visuals like shit was melting everything was really really bright pink n my world was slowly fading away. it was actullay kinda scary. took a shower n was ate n was fine.. i kinda attribute the trip to being to hot n bright outside tho but other than tht nope never did.

Weed makes you hallucinate. Audial hallucinations. If you happen to get OEVs/CEVs then you're lucky I guess?

I've had some weird visuals from weed but as a psychedelic (high dose) I think it's more about mental effects. Like seeing into the future, being present in multiple realities/universes, etc. The most striking visuals I've had on weed are where I'm looking at something like a tree or a pile of clothes and it looks like a face or an animal and even though I know it's not real I can't unsee it.

Weed (in higher THC levels) can also serve as a VERY mild psychedelic/hallucinogen. You won't see stuff that's not there, but you can def have CEVs, music will sound really trippy, you can have these "mini adventures" where you picture things happening in your head with people and places that seem vivid, they look strange and make you laugh. I found that hash eaten in "gummy" form has had me the most stoned I have ever been, where it felt like I "left my body".

If you are literally hallucinating from weed though (seeing or hearing things that simply are not there), your weed may be laced with PCP or some other substance lol.

this has been discussed many times, and it varies from people to people.

i can attest that when i started smoking weed, i'd get full blown hallucinations, OEVs, CEVs, auditory hallucinations, i couldn't even function or understand what i was happening where i was or anything. i would compare it to a mild ~2-3g shroom trip, though less introspection and 'feelings of enlightenment' and more of total confusion and non-sense visuals. note that at that time i had never done psychedelics before.

that being said with time i started smoking weed frequently and that quickly stopped. to this day if i smoke a lot of weed i do have OEVs and mild CEVs, but honestly i doubt it'll ever be like my first times where a few hits would send me out of the solar system.

but i personally am very sensitive to weed in all ways. i can't smoke it frequently at all or i start losing the grip on my sanity, and when i do smoke, i smoke just enough to feel giggly and stupid and stop, otherwise i know shit gets unpleasant

weed is a very idiosynchratic drug imo. some people can swear they never hallucinated from it. i guess it shows that may be our endocannabinoid systems can vary a lot? also i'd love to know the mechanism behind weeds psychedelia and all that jazz

i once came out of a night-shift at around 05.30 and poured me a glass of wine and went to the garden.
The sun was close to coming up and the temperature was great.
I had been sleep deprived for a couple of nights but drank a redd bull an hour ago, was pretty awake, also because of the sound the birds made,it was like the melatonine suddenly vanished.
I rolled a joint of santa-maria and slowly started smoking whilst sipping the wine.
Wow i tripped balls.
I saw the sun rising and was tripping about all the other planets, taking a journey like you would on a shrooms trip.
Images flashed by and i was feeling absolutely euphoric.
That was one of my most memorable weed experiences ever.
I always tend do get much higher when i smoke on a weird time or on a strange location, like my body isnt adapted to be high in that place and your weed tolerance is suddenly gone or something.

Weed makes you hallucinate. Audial hallucinations. If you happen to get OEVs/CEVs then you're lucky I guess?

I agree. It does seem to have some pretty strong auditory effects at times, but can be lacking in visuals. I have had visuals stoned, but also a lot of auditory hallucinations. In fact, I think weed has more auditory effects than typical psychs. When I was real stoned a while back, man my voice sounded so weird and I kept hearing random shit like phones ringing and somebody calling me and it was pretty awesome. =D This is common to happen to you on good sativas. Lately, I've been smoking indica so I haven't been experiencing this stuff in a while but yea it can happen for sure

One time I got insanely stoned on firecrackers and I heard this loud whooshing noise. It was so intensely loud and it was flanging up and down. I could feel it in my body. After awhile I realized it was a very quiet air conditioner.

One time I got insanely stoned on firecrackers and I heard this loud whooshing noise. It was so intensely loud and it was flanging up and down. I could feel it in my body. After awhile I realized it was a very quiet air conditioner.

yo, that's the beginning of an out of body experience! You were probably about to have an OBE. Never had one from weed alone, but weed combined with my psychic powers and yeah I've had them. My third eye is way, way stronger than other people's and sometimes I can see the future and sometimes telepathically connect with people. It's some pretty awesome stuff, but yeah you probably did have an out of body experience. In these states, it is possible to meet God even or talk to deceased relatives but be careful with any kind of necromancy because that can invite demons to take your soul and your body making you do fucked up stuff without even knowing it. One time I mirror gazed and these fucking demons tried to telepathically tell me I was not allowed into the other side. Then, after that I went fucking berserk so be careful with that stuff, you can go crazy and get possessed from that occult stuff. Be careful, but if you have an OBE from being stoned, it'll be awesome as hell. Go talk to dead relatives, spirits, Jesus, and all the other spirits you want, travel to incredible places, and even meet God himself. Also, you won't go berserk I promise because demons can only take your soul if you are attempting to contact them and invite them into your body which I sort of was by trying to "talk to spirits" that fateful night when they got me. If I sound nuts, its probably just cuz I'm drunk, I am def. not crazy. Honesty, I'm a hell of a lot more sane than these fuckers that just sit around and watch stuff about celebrities and shit. Well, I did watch that shit today cuz Robin Williams died of an alcohol overdose. Hell, why are people making such a big deal over weed still since it never killed anyone. One night I made this edible with like 10 grams in it and saw some fucked up shit on the floor like aliens and stuff and then passed out in my room, but didn't die. However, people die from drinking themselves to death all the time and it's legal. I don't get it. I consumed like half an ounce of weed once and was okay (though I still felt trippy and strange for a few days and saw some weird stuff after I consumed) but didn't die yet thousands and thousands of people drink themselves to death all the time and nobody tries to ban booze. It's easy to totally fuck yourself with booze yet they choose to ban the one that doesn't kill anybody, only causes some weird trippy nights. That's the only risk of weed, just a weird and trippy night (or day). No death, insanity, or other bullshit

Last edited:
You are my favorite poster, steve022.

Another time on weed I actually did have the kind of experience you're speaking of. I traveled through the bodies of alternate mes through different universes or dimensions. As I entered each dimension I became the other me and didn't remember who I was until I reentered the me in my original universe.

And another time my lady friend could see 5 minutes into the future.

It needs to be completely dark as if you were attempting to go to sleep, then I have experienced some very vivid CEVs. Not as breathtakingly intricate as those on acid, or as immersive, but still pretty impressive and full of detail.

When I smoke I get "static" vision. Dunno if you can consider that a hallucination. I do get close eyed visuals and one time I ate a massive amount of edibles and I was hallucinating pretty intensely. I don't suggest that route. Since I was also puking my guts up lol.

When I smoke I get "static" vision. Dunno if you can consider that a hallucination

I been getting this. I've had a tolerance break recently and after I take a couple bong rips, I start sucking my vape to increase the amt of THC I've consumed and I swear I start to feel like I'm tripping as If I were on Lucy. My vision gets to be a multicolored static and small lights in my vision start to twinkle n such. Thc is indeed very psychoactive and is truly a mild hallucinogen. Auditorial hallucinations? FUGET ABOUT IT *mafia man accent*

That actually just sounds like it's from blood pressure decrease. The same thing sometimes happens when you stand up too fast.