• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make you hallucinate?

I always get CEVs on weed, and if smoking copious amounts of a sativa strain, reality and imagination get so intermingled that it gets hard for me to tell when my eyes are open and when they are closed.

Yeah, I've hallucinated on weed.

A little disclaimer, I've never done any major psychedelics, or at least before this "trip" and my drug experience was limited to cigs, weed, hydrocarbon inhalants, crack, meth, Vicodin, oxy, booze, benzos, and maybe something else im forgetting.

Okay so here's my little story:

First off, I tend to have a slight natural "anti-tolerance" to weed so it hits me a little harder sometimes than other people. Also the two people who hit it with me took 1 10 mg pill of Zolpidem (Ambien for the under-educated) each before toking. I was the only one with just the weed.

So me and my bro drive to the friends house (let's call him D), he gets his bubbler (super awesome bub, BTW), we drive to upper part of town, pick up from our good friend, who tells us that it's some Real Danky and it looked and smelled just as good as he had said. It was some nice shit man, some nice shit. Anyways we drove further up till we got to the spot up this dirt road, turn a couple corners, surrounded by bushes, dodge some rocks, under giant Electrical Towers, and boom, were at The Spot.

Now the fun starts, break out the BuDz, were gonna hotbox it =D, pack the bowl, my bro and D take 1 Ambien each, I was in the backseat, they were in the front, and I took greens. The bowl went around once, twice, after that we lost all but a meager semblance of time. Time in fact had become a meaningless infinite continuum, and we sat in that smoky car for what appeared to us as ages. (all of us agree on this story) After maybe the 2nd bowl, maybe the after the 1st, its all a blur. I started to come up like I've only come up on weed a couple times before. It was a rush of intense highness, a feeling of being sucked down into myself, I started tingling all over, my heart was beating wayyy too fast, my chest was over-pressured, and I felt as thought I couldn't breathe.

Once or twice before I've come up this fast and I had to vomit and almost blacked out and then layed on the couch for 4 hours afterwards, but thats not this story. This one the trip continued. So probably in the middle of the 2nd bowl, I'd had enough. BTW the car was now densley filled with smoke, probably not Cheech and Chong style, but nearly as bad. It was F-ING AWESOME MANNNN!!! But anways I HAD to get out. Though it went against logic, I was gonna overdose (or it's weed equivalent) so I broke the box quickly and got out of the car. It was maybe 11pm and there was a beautiful view of the city from the area. We were surrounded by bushes and like stated before our spot was under those electrical towers, emitting their undying electron buzz. So there I was happy as fuck, but also getting more paranoid, it was very dark, and all of a sudden there were these sounds coming from the bushes. I believe this wasn't a hallucination, just an animal in the bushes. It sounded like foot steps or something but to me I thought there was something (an alien to me) in the bushes, and it was out to get me.

I furiously knocked on the doors and windows of the car fearing for my life or maybe the cops now, and all my buddies could do was barely acknowledge my presence. They were sooo stoned man, it took a full two minutes for them to figure out how to even open the doors from the inside! Exasperated, I was going to tell them they should have let me in sooner, but as that thought was created in my brain, it was swept away just as quickly. I vaguely remember thinking I was too high and why did I get back in the car, but then I forgot about that and took another hit. We were now asking eachother how many bowls we had smoked and no one remembered. Maybe two, maybe one, maybe five. (I think it was two at this point).

All we knew was that there was some more weed, so we packed the 3rd bowl, even though the doors had been opened twice it was continuing to get smokier and smokier, so we continued to hit it more, and all of a sudden the bushes got all... shifty-like. and the towers started leaning over. the electrical buzz was suddenly a universal sensation. D was like "hey guys... did you see that... am I? is it? just me?" "naa dude, no no do YOU see that" I replied. All of us started explaining our hallucinations. D was talking about the bushes being out to get us. And my bro and I said the trees were leaning over to grab like they had hands, it really seemed like it. I tried multiple times to pass the bub to people that weren't really there, like "here J take a hit" to my left, and J wasn't there. I did that a few times and always felt like there were more of my friends there, present with us.

Then it got to the point all of us were just grunting to communicate, sometimes having a breakthrough in speaking one or two intelligible words. I started to close my eyes, then opening them again I found that only D and my Bro were there "right", i thought "stop thinking there are more people n shit" and then there were these patterns, pink and purple bunnys (im not joking) with lines and patterns forming imbetween, then it would go 3D and go like a Visualizer on MediaMonkey, I rember vaguely thinking that the colors were pretty gay and started CHANGING my hallucinations to what I wished. I thought a theme of death and skulls would be cooler, so it started to change and the landscape started to look like graves, it scared me so I changed it more. By now all of us understood that we were all hallucinating hardcore.

As we came to the conclusion that getting MORE high was not possible and not desirable (BLASPHEMY), we decided to put down the bubbler and drive somewhere else. The epic story of the drive I will leave mainly up to imagination, as it's hard to describe exactly the obstacles and and hallucinations that impeded our path to our destination. Eventually my bro was just like "No, just no." and pulled over. Driving in this state was insane. We got to some kind of park, though we did not realize it at the time, it seem like some Colosseum with even bigger trees and strange lines, and woke up 5 hours later.

Upon waking, (it was almost dawn time) D asked if we had all just passed out in the car and had just woken up. Still very high, but no where near hallucinating, we marveled at our last experience. It seemed amazing that we were so unknowingly knocked out suddenly, and our memories of the hallucinations kept us talking about it for weeks later. We all got back home and that was it. It remains my favorite memory under the influence of any drug.

In retrospect, I say that for all that it IS possible to REALLY hallucinate on weed, but by the time you get there, it's hard to even tell that the hallucinations are different from reality. I hallucinated people who weren't there, conversations that didn't happen, colors and the lights of the city brightened and the night was colorful, CEV's had patterns, and OEV's contained objects and 2D pattern's, paranoia was to such an extent that we were really "out" of our minds. Inanimate objects appeared lifelike and with intent, normal actions and things were blown out of proportion. Time slowed to a crawl. Scenes (like picking up the pipe or turning on the car) were enormously epic. Memory became a existential loop of nonexistence.

Maybe some people will never experience real hallucinations with weed, and I really hope you achieve that glory one day, but for me, this is all I need. I believe I can achieve this level of highness again, and when the time is right, I will.

I've never had visual hallucinations from weed other than colors seeming brighter, halos around lights and light seeming bright as fuck. I have however had auditory hallucinations from eating a lot of weed. Like the kinda shit you hear when you are laying in bed trying to sleep comin down off acid.

ever since i started occasionally doing LSD i have had some pretty insane shit going on when i smoke.

Assuming you mean OEV/CEV type fractals/patterns and not super vivid anticholinergicesqe hallucinations then your answer would be yes. Higher doses, especially with sativa or sativa-dominant strains can be quite psychedelic, enjoyably so may I add.

if your on shrooms and take a hit of weed at your peak everything goes nuts!
weed + psychedelics = much more radical open and closed eye visuals
but as for weed alone, maybe a slight glitch or two hear and there, but that could be my delirium from staying up, or my hppd, or the fact that ive done to many other things with the weed.

Back in the day it did. Thing is I was smoking the worst weed known to man at the time. Tolerance is such a bitch.

I remember first time I blazed up. I was in a dark ass room just staring at the ceiling. My ceiling looked purple and my walls were alive with patterns. I saw the Sublime symbol (the sun thing) on my wall except it was green. Clear as day OEV from weed. I thought it was a spirit I awakened by smoking weed. He communicated with me mentally but I don't remember what he said. I never got effects this intense again except for when I drank a pot shake (weed milk shake). But that's a story for another day.

Last edited:
I've had OEVs from weed at times. Not so much CEV.
normally when i get visuals my vision will have a slight hint of red...

Last edited:
Yes particularly on high doses or when mixing with drugs/supplements (or comedown of drugs) like amphetamine, MDMA, LSD (LSD and Weed is like Alcohol and tobacco with me: you can't have one w/o th other), melatonin (take 3 mg and smoke some [or a lot] dank and most likely you'll trip/hallucinate).
I've had it happen numerous times, however I am a lightweight when it comes to drugs so I thought it might just be my chemistry. However, my friend who has smoked 4 years everyday recently saw things when he was coming down from MDMA (pink stars nyc). It happened to me too but I figured it was just my chemistry. Anyways we were smoking out of my friend's steamroller and after awhile he just started staring and he said he saw something. It wasn't there, and I knew he was hallucinating!

My point is that marijuana is a mild hallucinogin and massive amounts/low tolerance can lead to...yes....hallucinations.

When I saw the Arctic Monkeys play, I was high on way too much opiates and weed brownies, along with liquor. All I could do was sit in my seat and stare at the lights and I saw minor distortions. That's the closest I have came from hallucinating off weed. I think it is possible for some people if all the circumstances are in place correctly.

Nope, I've never hallucinated on weed. Even the real strong shit.

definitely but only like once when I started smoking and smoked heaps at once.

The best way to describe it is strobe or frame by frame vision, it was like a strobe light was on, all my vision was effected.
Also took me like 2 mins to reach into my back pocket and get a lighter coz my whole body was tingling so much.

Haven't really noticed any CEV.

I hear all the people saying how they get these closed eye visuals from smoking pot. Long time ago before I had HPPD, I used to smoke alot and never hallucinated a thing from weed. I would smoke so much that 5 mins later when it kicks in I loose my vision and puke.. no hallucinations. I also overdosed on hash once and was very high for a longg time.. didn't hallucinate at all.

no no no my friend
two things have really worked for me:
sleep deprivation
food deprivation
how do you expect to hallucinate when yer all healthy-like haha

I've hallucinated off of some haze strain a long time ago. It was not really colorful but more what I would describe as electric looking shapes when I close my eyes. It sure was intense though and I doubt I would want to repeat the experience due to the increase in heart rate.

Honestly, I think weed (or at least my current stash), has become too psychedelic/trippy. Lots OEVs and CEVs (though nowhere near the detail of 5HT psychedelics), anxiety, sensory overload, etc. Definitely not "chill and relax"
Weed has never really made me relax, unless the setting is particularly conducive.

Northern Lights makes me see stars (hence the name), I didn't know what the name was all about til I tried it...when I smoked a fat L and was chilling and looking around I'd notice stars like you got up too fast and got a big head rush!!

Need to try more pure Indicas though because I've heard that you can get some seriously trippy fuckers in that family <3

Get closed eye visuals quite alot from weed though...never in colour I've noticed - ALWAYS grey scale.