• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does weed kill your feelings? For heavy users

I said before I didn't think it did but i do now. Im in a hospital watching my father die and im smoking a joint every hour and I find im crying less then i was. But im also taking clonazepam and lorazepam

There is a reason why naturalistic sounds and songs seem to feel deeper on a spiritual level and on psychedelics. To like "modern music" you have to train your brain to like it in my not so humble opinion.

If psychedelics, by coincidence, activate parts of the brain that are responsible for increasing these sounds and songs and, over the centuries, they have been selected by humanity?

Might be a coincidence, might be a connection with the roots? Which roots? Natural roots? the unknown roots of divinity?

well that doesnt really make a good argumemt because science hasnt solved the dilema either. Or has science explained the cause of the visions cuased by psychedelics and I missed it? A counter argument is, well who cares about what some visions mean or why they are caused? but i care, im curious. And science hasnt explained it, and apparently the people who tried to explain it died 2000 years ago (although they bullshit too man! I dont think people are essentially different around the world.) Also ancient libraries were burned, so we dont know to what extent knowledge developed. we know they knew astronomy and complex mathematics (the arabs.)

I feel you, people back then were very ignorant, it doesnt make it true because dead people said it. But what does lend it the chance of perhaps being true is is the facts. For example the pyramids still cant be explained (any of them all over the continents), the hindu depictions of the mandala go thousands of years back; and well it turns out the mandala means something. How can science explain a phrase like "nature is the centre of the mandala"? Well I can imagine how it could, but has it? It has. Science has verified acient knowledge time and time again. f course science has a body of work that is awe inducing. but the ancients clearly had some knowledge.

example

"
The latest discovery has taken this assessment to new heights, literally. A team of researchers led by Mark Bonta and Robert Gosford in northern Australia has documented kites and falcons, colloquially termed “firehawks,” intentionally carrying burning sticks to spread fire. While it has long been known that birds will take advantage of natural fires that cause insects, rodents and reptiles to flee and thus increase feeding opportunities, that they would intercede to spread fire to unburned locales is astounding.

It’s thus no surprise that this study has attracted great attention as it adds intentionality and planning to the repertoire of non-human use of tools. Previous accounts of avian use of fire have been dismissed or at least viewed with some skepticism.

While new to Western science, the behaviours of the nighthawks have long been known to the Alawa, MalakMalak, Jawoyn, and other Indigenous peoples of northern Australia whose ancestors occupied their lands for tens of thousands of years. Contrary to most scientific studies, Bonta and Gosford’s team foregrounded their research in traditional Indigenous ecological knowledge. They also note that local awareness of the behaviour of the firehawks is ingrained within some of their ceremonial practices, beliefs and creation accounts "

The hawks do that to spread fire so that the prey scatter and run into open space.

So then we hear a myth about a falcon which causes fires and we say aawww how cute they invent their stories, but if its im a science journal we say 'aa! great work these scientist are putiting in'

and to recap what i am saying is: weed is bad for you mkay, but that maybe it has something else, something about how it fills the soul, and Im just wondering about it

I would like to highlight other point, which is: addiction, any type, is a disease.

I cannot imagine a person who has a healthy mind, no childhood traumas, supportive parents/relatives, financial stability, friends, a love, trapped in addiction.

This idealized perfect person likely does not exist, nevertheless, if one picks up these items, it is possible to conclude that vices arise in order to fill one of them, or more than one.

In last instance, it is a fugue. May be a very momentary necessity of fugue, for example, due to boredom, or may be a constant necessity of fugue, to cope with something

I would like to highlight other point, which is: addiction, any type, is a disease.

I cannot imagine a person who has a healthy mind, no childhood traumas, supportive parents/relatives, financial stability, friends, a love, trapped in addiction.

This idealized perfect person likely does not exist, nevertheless, if one picks up these items, it is possible to conclude that vices arise in order to fill one of them, or more than one.

In last instance, it is a fugue. May be a very momentary necessity of fugue, for example, due to boredom, or may be a constant necessity of fugue, to cope with something

I think you expressed well a point I tried to make but I'm not sure if it came out clearly.
Addiction to weed is one of the least dangerous for the body, I'm pretty sure.
Relatively to other drugs in particular but also absolutely it has little potential for medical problems, except if one is smoking it, but that is a user's choice as vaping and oral consumption remove that problem.
The problem is with the concept of addiction itself, even if one was addicted to a placebo, if in his mind one is escaping from a problem instead of facing it, it can ultimately be negative.

If psychedelics, by coincidence, activate parts of the brain that are responsible for increasing these sounds and songs and, over the centuries, they have been selected by humanity?

Might be a coincidence, might be a connection with the roots? Which roots? Natural roots? the unknown roots of divinity?
They have been selected by nature -> past. Connection with the roots. There is a reason society has problems with crazies, but in the past they were the shamans and healers. Nowadays lifestyle turned its back to past.
We have adopted a lifestyle in the recent years which doesnt reflect our long past in the nature at all.
You must also understand humanity # nature. We lived in equillibrium with the nature for tens of thousand of years, but now we are natures enemies. The ultimate pest. I find it hard to believe that natures enemy has anymore divine than whats inside them.
Past criminals are todays leaders.
Humans are more primal than society tells you.

Last edited:
They have been selected by nature -> past. Connection with the roots. There is a reason society has problems with crazies, but in the past they were the shamans and healers. Nowadays lifestyle turned its back to past.
We have adopted a lifestyle in the recent years which doesnt reflect our long past in the nature at all.
You must also understand humanity # nature. We lived in equillibrium with the nature for tens of thousand of years, but now we are natures enemies. The ultimate pest. I find it hard to believe that natures enemy has anymore divine than whats inside them.
Past criminals are todays leaders.
Humans are more primal than society tells you.

What I found worse is that in order to live in contact with Nature, I need to be rich, at least in my country and I believe in several countries it is the same.

The disconnection with nature, to me, it is the main cause for the epidemic of anxiety and depression that ravages the modern world, mainly among young

I can lay on the grass in a field for hours, doing nothing, enjoying the view, the sky, the weather. I cannot lay on my bed ten minutes without being pervaded by an anxiety crisis and negative thoughts. On my bed, watching the ceiling, locked up between four walls, what more could I expect from this panorama? Happiness?

To live in a house, in a big metropolis, it is very expensive in my country, the only alternative is to go very very very far from the city center, which is kind of impracticable. Holy shit, I need to struggle in order to find a couple of trees to enjoy, what kind of world is this?

What I found worse is that in order to live in contact with Nature, I need to be rich, at least in my country and I believe in several countries it is the same.

The disconnection with nature, to me, it is the main cause for the epidemic of anxiety and depression that ravages the modern world, mainly among young

I can lay on the grass in a field for hours, doing nothing, enjoying the view, the sky, the weather. I cannot lay on my bed ten minutes without being pervaded by an anxiety crisis and negative thoughts. On my bed, watching the ceiling, locked up between four walls, what more could I expect from this panorama? Happiness?

To live in a house, in a big metropolis, it is very expensive in my country, the only alternative is to go very very very far from the city center, which is kind of impracticable. Holy shit, I need to struggle in order to find a couple of trees to enjoy, what kind of world is this?

I had a so wonderful idea to solve this problem that I decided to return here to write it down.

after my quoted post, I went to the boonies, took a lot of pictures of trees, mainly those trees that I enjoy more, now I am laying on my bed, between four walls, seeing these pictures in my smartphone, and i feel miraculously connected to nature, the anxiety disappeared.

Who needs true reality when there are smartphones?

I had a so wonderful idea to solve this problem that I decided to return here to write it down.

after my quoted post, I went to the boonies, took a lot of pictures of trees, mainly those trees that I enjoy more, now I am laying on my bed, between four walls, seeing these pictures in my smartphone, and i feel miraculously connected to nature, the anxiety disappeared.

Who needs true reality when there are smartphones?
I have noticed a lot of the media is getting better at Their Set and Settings.

A lot of vibrancy and beautiful colors on the television!!! May as well get everything in virtual reality!

You are absolutely right that disconnection with nature causes most of todays problems. The abuse of nature is killing us so I guess we deserve this shit for harming nature so much.
I live in a village in natural surroundings and here are pretty much no crime and people seem so happy.

You are absolutely right that disconnection with nature causes most of todays problems. The abuse of nature is killing us so I guess we deserve this shit for harming nature so much.
I live in a village in natural surroundings and here are pretty much no crime and people seem so happy.

Yeah man Scandinavian patterns are the highest ones. Probably is even better than Mars. I envy you. If I lived there, I would probably have many blonde enchanting kids, I would live in a farm, surrounded by animals and nature, growing my own weed and mushrooms, sounds good

Yeah this place is the most "livable" of all places Ive ever been to. I have preferred the small places here also, so that makes it even better.
You like living in Brazil?

Yeah this place is the most "livable" of all places Ive ever been to. I have preferred the small places here also, so that makes it even better.
You like living in Brazil?

Brazil, man, the land of the butts, samba, beaches and bitches

You know, Brazil does not have the highest indicators of the quality of life, but I would not live in other country, I mean, I have already lived in three others, and I can tell you that whenever I am away, I miss it.

I will give you an example that illustrates very well why Brazil is irreplaceable

When you are depressive, without companionship, what do you do in Scandinavian (I do not know which country you are from)? Most of the seasons, you are probably freezing or almost freezing. Moreover, the view of the fjords is tiring, and I do not like the panorama of societies that have high human development indexes. I will say more, who likes these blonde women who look like elven princesses? They are too perfect for me, I cannot get horny with these beautiful girls, I get inhibited, i need some ugliness to get excited.

No more digressions, please Jose, so what's the main point?

When I am in Brazil and I am sad, I go to favelas to smoke crack with very poor crackheads, miserable ones. They know me since a long time, among the crackheads, I am like a famous soccer player or a rock singer, I arrive at my spot in a favela, they start celebrating my presence. Why do they like me so much? I can buy a rock here for like $ 1 or even less. I go there and I buy a lot of rocks, free drugs for all the poor, in the end, I spend something like $ 30. It is not only drugs, I carry bottles of cachaça for them and some food as well (they do not seem to like the food, by the way, they would likely prefer more drugs and alcohol than food).

When I go in a favela to smoke crack, man, what a freedom, I am in the most degrading place, doing the most degrading drug, no masks, no social appearances, nothing, seated on the streets, on the dirtiness, there, I am myself in my essence. So that's why I love Brazil

I fell I am like oversharing, but it is important to remember that this is a thread about weed, and it kills your feelings, however, I still love it, and this picture below is one of the reasons

Attachments

• 43315815_2176065172679470_1875200223425331200_n.png
    43315815_2176065172679470_1875200223425331200_n.png
    447 KB · Views: 1
A thought has come to my mind

If weed generates anxiety and anxiety is kept by the hormone cortisol, so may we conclude that weed induces the releasing of cortisol? In turn, cortisol is responsible for inhibiting the immune system so that we stay more vulnerable to cancer when the levels of cortisol are high. Hence weed is contributing to cancer instead of curing cancer =P

A thought has come to my mind

If weed generates anxiety and anxiety is kept by the hormone cortisol, so may we conclude that weed induces the releasing of cortisol? In turn, cortisol is responsible for inhibiting the immune system so that we stay more vulnerable to cancer when the levels of cortisol are high. Hence weed is contributing to cancer instead of curing cancer =P
Weed causes cortisol release, this is well documented.

I wonder if that is so for cannabis tinctures aswell, or just smoked cannabis, because anything smoked will higthen blood preassure and release cortisol.