• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

does weed kill your feelings? For heavy users

jose ribas da silva

Bluelighter
I've been smoking weed (daily) for about 15 years. I've taken other drugs as well, but none of them on a daily basis like I do with weed. I probably smoke around 5 g per day, which means I smoke from morning to night.

I started smoking daily at age 16. Now I have the impression that I can no longer feel, everything is on autopilot. Basically, everything sucks without weed.

I've read that weed interferes with the brain reward system and I'm wondering whether what I am feeling (that is, the absence of feeling) is a function of this.

Has anyone ever experienced this kind of situation?

I think your problem is the amount your smoking everyday. I was doing for a while and like never left my basement no energy. I'd say for like a week or 2 only smoke 2 gs a day.

You say that life sucks without weed. But then you also say that you've been smoking daily for 15 years.

Maybe take a break? How would you have any accurate understanding about what life w/o weed is like if you've been high for 15 years?

Considering myself a fairly heavy user: I feel it has enhanced my empathy and appreciation for all things.
MPE but there ya have it.
:)

My effects may be from a strain-dependent origin, I've been thinking about this. Unfortunately, weed is not legal where I live so that I don't have many choices. For me (smoking several times per day), I would rather a strong psychedelic sativa, however, basically, I have no idea about what I smoking (thanks to illegality)

Why have you created this thread? weed isn't psychosis and has no elements at her base, you can't fuck yourself up since it's not considered a drug and furthermore there are other drugs that has a link with human emotion but weed? no.. it's just your experience and this kinda anxiety created by it.

5gs a day is a little over kill mate

Have you ever tried try using a little less? its not actually that hard just find something else to fill your time, smoking that much cant leave you with a lot of time to do other things you enjoy? try taking a nice long hike, enjoy some nature (obviously take some weed with you) change your surroundings, even meeting some new people to blaze with might help.
To me it sounds like you've cut yourself off from others for so long just so you can concentrate on weed and that you've forgotten that really gives you joy.

Why have you created this thread? weed isn't psychosis and has no elements at her base, you can't fuck yourself up since it's not considered a drug and furthermore there are other drugs that has a link with human emotion but weed? no.. it's just your experience and this kinda anxiety created by it.

Your ignorance does not add anything positive to this conversation. If you do the basics, that is, google for connections between weed and psychosis you will find a lot, simple as that

Yes but unfortunately not all of them ime (im looking at you repetetive thoughts)

You say that life sucks without weed. But then you also say that you've been smoking daily for 15 years.

Maybe take a break? How would you have any accurate understanding about what life w/o weed is like if you've been high for 15 years?

Exactly! It's all about modifying your behavior, and making sure you have something to do that isn't associated with the drug

To OP: A lot of times it also has to just do with what you're doing in life, too.

shoot id say switch to shatter for awhile. cleaner high but those pesky laws. Im in MI there still isn't a recreational dispensary, starting to get annoyed goin to the street myself. Not so much annoyed as sick of being basically under someone in a hierarchy because they have the weed hook up and all the 10 dollars for this and 5 for that type ish. Could go elsewhere but I don't wanna risk losing a direct diversion from a CO dispensary. hehe. You gotta be spendin close to 300 maybe 200 a week if that's top notch ganja (if it isn't theres your problem). I have also been a daily smoker for 17 I think it is (not dicksizing at all, youll live 2 more) minus 6 months probation and 1 month in a case I beat. (before recreational in MI of course).

shoot id say switch to shatter for awhile. cleaner high but those pesky laws. Im in MI there still isn't a recreational dispensary, starting to get annoyed goin to the street myself. Not so much annoyed as sick of being basically under someone in a hierarchy because they have the weed hook up and all the 10 dollars for this and 5 for that type ish. Could go elsewhere but I don't wanna risk losing a direct diversion from a CO dispensary. hehe. You gotta be spendin close to 300 maybe 200 a week if that's top notch ganja (if it isn't theres your problem). I have also been a daily smoker for 17 I think it is (not dicksizing at all, youll live 2 more) minus 6 months probation and 1 month in a case I beat. (before recreational in MI of course).

I am not from US, weed is not legal where I live and it is incredibly cheap when considering the prices in dollar. Believe or not, depending on how many grams I am buying (in general a lot) , I can get an average quality weed for about $ 1 per gram. However, I have no choice in terms of strains, quality, and so on. I buy what is being marketed. Sometimes may be a strain that causes anxiety, other times not, it is something like I am being guide by JAH.

??? Why post negativity for no reason? And what are you even talking about? Marijuana most certainly is a drug and yes it can fuck you up mentally. Read a book.

On topic - Jose … I would suggest you quit for a month and see if you enjoy life without weed. Weed can most definitely mute out and kill emotions, which is good, but it can also kill the good emotions that life brings.

I am sure that this is not the first time one has felt this sentiment. One must have gone through these ups and downs hundreds of times. How did one resolve these issues last time?

Though it be the most delicious and perfect flower on Earth, weed indeed has its dark side. Thats a fact we have all encountered.

One thinks that the thought that weed kills feelings is completley true--to the person who holds that thought. And the person who considers that weed hightens the emotions is also totally right. Its just that the things that make us happy today will make us sad later. And thoughts and their habit of creating a narrative which in turn affect our whole feelings, is tricky enough--combine a drug or a vice or bad habit to the bad habits of thought and thought can make out chocolate to be the root cause of life's problems, while others still more bored with life will become self proclaimed chocolate shamans who speak of the MAOI effect of chocolate and etc. They are both right because chocolate is neither great or terrible, but the way its used makes it so...right?

You can totally quit, even for just a few days, and that would make a lot of difference. If not you can just go on living as you have and things will go one quite similar to how they have.

Only time can tell how this love affair will turn out...but if the fling was good I do hope it has a lovley conclusion.

Smoky - I hate that shit too. You said it well. The same shit happens to me, although it's dope. I'm on Subutex, but use a couple times a month. The $10 here, $5 there. C'mon already! I spend alot of money on the drug itself.

Opiate Killer - lol. That was great. Read a book. Love it. Shady's just like that. Not that I agree w it or think it's ok. I don't at all. If you see their posts, I guarantee they don't make any sense, and have an insulting tone. Consider the source...and ignore it. Thanks for making me laugh. Needed that.

I so wish I could smoke weed. I used to, alot. It turned on me. One time it have me bad anxiety and had a panic attack. It never went back. I've tried smoking quite a few times hoping it would be good again. But no bueno.

I use dope IV. a couple months ago, I got dope w K2 in it. O M. G. It was horrible. Right away, I knew something was very wrong. Instead of the usual feeling, I felt like I smoked 10lbs of very potent weed. And like I was having a bad trip. I had to fight to keep myself from losing my shit. It was very intense. I was in this thought loop of "What if I stay like this. What if I just permanently fucked myself up?!" Really terrifying. I got dope from someone different, and it happened again!! Not as intense as the first one, but not pleasant by any stretch.

I called the guy I got it from and asked "What the fuck did you give me?!" He said, "Everyone else is ok. You're the only one that said this". I said " Good for everyone else. But that's bullshit. I've been doing this a long time". So yeah. I talked to 3 or 4 other people that also went through what I did.

Only they completely freaked out. Crying and screaming. And they were all guys lol. Who says girls arent strong lol. Anyway, it was bad.

OP, hope everything works out. 5gs is alot a day. It sounds really scary to me to not know what you'll get. Holy shit. Your story made me think of the K2 incident. Now, I'm scared every time I do dope.

One thinks that the thought that weed kills feelings is completley true--to the person who holds that thought. And the person who considers that weed hightens the emotions is also totally right. Its just that the things that make us happy today will make us sad later. And thoughts and their habit of creating a narrative which in turn affect our whole feelings, is tricky enough--combine a drug or a vice or bad habit to the bad habits of thought and thought can make out chocolate to be the root cause of life's problems, while others still more bored with life will become self proclaimed chocolate shamans who speak of the MAOI effect of chocolate and etc. They are both right because chocolate is neither great or terrible, but the way its used makes it so...right?

Yeah man I appreciated your reply. In my case, there are both situations. I am certainly blaming weed for some of my problems, whether it is its fault or not, I do not know; it helps to accentuate them, undoubtedly. Under its effects, it appears that the brain is unable to correctly interpret the surrounding environment. As a consequence, it sometimes fails to interpret an ordinary environment as "normal" and reacts releasing chemical substances responsible for high anxiety and paranoia. This can be clearly seen in common life situations where marijuana smokers experience paranoia when (high on weed) in crowded places (public transportation, supermarket, bakery, etc). In these cases, in general, many smokers feel that people are paying attention to them, realizing that they are drugged or something similar. Of course, this phenomenon will be more highlighted in heavy daily smokers. To summarize, my point is that this inability of the brain to properly interpret the surrounding environment (I am referring to the interpretation of what is conventional or not), which is probably caused by changes in biochemical signaling patterns mediated by the endocannabinoid system, accounts for most of the adverse effects of weed.

Nevertheless, since I am always high on cannabis, I cannot have an accurate opinion on how I would address my problems without it, in order to compare the true effects that are being created in my mind. What I have noticed is that my self-confidence is diminished (main point to me), perhaps a consequence of the aforementioned "bewildered brain". Other side effects include a terrible habit of overthinking and analyzing everything to the maximum limit, which lead to a blind faith in mendacious stories whose content usually is a depreciatory view of life. In the end, the net effect of several years smoking marijuana is that we develop something like a "maniac syndrome", we carefully cultivate our manias, watering them every day, looking after them. I am not telling that what I describe is a mandatory event for all daily smokers, but I have seen many of them living this reality, including myself.

Last edited:
I smoke daily, only about a gram or so though, it doesn't kill my feelings, if anything makes me more in touch with feelings.
Maybe try a little break or mix it up with different strains

Yeah man I appreciated your reply. In my case, there are both situations. I am certainly blaming weed for some of my problems, whether it is its fault or not, I do not know; it helps to accentuate them, undoubtedly. Under its effects, it appears that the brain is unable to correctly interpret the surrounding environment. As a consequence, it sometimes fails to interpret an ordinary environment as "normal" and reacts releasing chemical substances responsible for high anxiety and paranoia. This can be clearly seen in common life situations where marijuana smokers experience paranoia when (high on weed) in crowded places (public transportation, supermarket, bakery, etc). In these cases, in general, many smokers feel that people are paying attention to them, realizing that they are drugged or something similar. Of course, this phenomenon will be more highlighted in heavy daily smokers. To summarize, my point is that this inability of the brain to properly interpret the surrounding environment (I am referring to the interpretation of what is conventional or not), which is probably caused by changes in biochemical signaling patterns mediated by the endocannabinoid system, accounts for most of the adverse effects of weed.

Nevertheless, since I am always high on cannabis, I cannot have an accurate opinion on how I would address my problems without it, in order to compare the true effects that are being created in my mind. What I have noticed is that my self-confidence is diminished (main point to me), perhaps a consequence of the aforementioned "bewildered brain". Other side effects include a terrible habit of overthinking and analyzing everything to the maximum limit, which lead to a blind faith in mendacious stories whose content usually is a depreciatory view of life. In the end, the net effect of several years smoking marijuana is that we develop something like a "maniac syndrome", we carefully cultivate our manias, watering them every day, looking after them. I am not telling that what I describe is a mandatory event for all daily smokers, but I have seen many of them living this reality, including myself.

My friend what you said is acurate and you said it very well. But I want to include this into the conversation; a possibility that deep in one there is a represive nature, inhibited...so weed shows this to you. High on a bus and one gets paranoid? Let it GO! very simple and its an amazing lesson the psychedelic world imparts. Disinhibit, be your frew true self. Yeah, I smoke weed, if you have a problem you can suck my cock--this is the cure to these petty problems which are very UNCOMFY...I would know. Was quite represssed through most of my smoking years...now I can be on 3gs of shrooms smoking joints in the pool and playing guitar...its a wider perspective. Yeah I can play guitar in the pool, u know..
ive had to work with that cause I had that shame and also there is a stigma about drugs which honestly is bulshit cause im a very happer camper so I should feel no shame of psychedelic nature--aliens in the brain, im riding a cosmic train-- u can see me with your 3 year old i wouldnt feel shame. The path is true friend!
Maybe this is projecting...i would like to know if this resonates.

Might I add that obviously there is a problem with addictive behavior...and that it should fundamentally be uprooted out of ones life...now given that addiction means I cant stop, for the mean time have pride in it--its not heroin, its weed--its good for ya! u know? unless it aint anymore so just lay off of it hehe =)