• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does meth really make you ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are healthy functioning addicts, but they are in the minority.

but most people who even respect their health are not going to use meth.

The pool of people who use meth is like 98% bottom feeders. Any type of statistics drawn from that pool are going to give a bad impression.

Maybe you are the rare bird who genuinely values his/her life and health and appearance, and will never make sacrifices from those values,when you are physically ill, or in order to extend a binge, or use when you are craving. The odds are against it however.

there are healthy functioning addicts, but they are in the minority.

but most people who even respect their health are not going to use meth.

The pool of people who use meth is like 98% bottom feeders. Any type of statistics drawn from that pool are going to give a bad impression.

Maybe you are the rare bird who genuinely values his/her life and health and appearance, and will never make sacrifices from those values,when you are physically ill, or in order to extend a binge, or use when you are craving. The odds are against it however.

That's a pretty bold statement. Would you care to back that up with some sort of evidence?

That's a pretty bold statement. Would you care to back that up with some sort of evidence?

I'd estimate that 2% of regular meth users are successful people, who take good care of themselves, while 98% are not.

I could be off by a few points. It's an estimate.

Take care of yourself, and you won’t have half of those problems...

The faces of meth are contributed to you lack of overall care for yourself.

Eating, sleeping, drinking water, getting proper nutrients is pretty fucking non-chalant on meth or other stimulants, and it can make you eat yourself away, really fast...

I'd estimate that 2% of regular meth users are successful people, who take good care of themselves, while 98% are not.

I could be off by a few points. It's an estimate.

Another statistic you arbitrarily created. Besides, earlier you implied 98% of the people who do meth were already "bottom-feeders", as you put it, so I don't see how what you just said would support that even if it were empirically true.

I detoxed off of two years of smoking ICE and, I was all green like a zombie...Went thru a dang psychosis. Lost my gf at the time and well still hear voices......Ya that stuff will kill you or make you look dead.

Looks are subjective. What is attractive to one person may not be to another, and vice versa.

All I know is from a few years ago when I abused my prescription Adderal for a few weeks.

I lost so much weight (I was already skinny) from the crap I looked in the mirror and looked like shit.

That is when I told my doctor I no longer needed the meds because I knew if I had access it would slowly destroy my life

I know it was only Adderal but that is made of amphetamines just like meth.

So its pretty easy to conclude that any drug that causes such weight loss, poor diet choices and insomnia will cause a lack of nourishment and that does not make a persons skin too happy. It is not good for graceful (or beautiful) aging, thats for sure.

it would be great if we could do hard drugs(including heavy drinking) enjoy the hedonism, and suffer none of the addictions, comedowns, withdrawals, or health effects.

I tend to agree with you Corazon though I never used meth. Alcohol was worse for me health-wise than any other drug. I gained a bunch of weight, looking like I'm seven months pregnant, pasty white and sickly. Even after I stopped getting drunk, the damage was done.

As others said, it really all boils down to 95% personal hygiene and nutrition.

Whenever I do any type of stimulant I make sure to cover: VITAMINS, EATING, SLEEPING, SHOWERING/HYGIENE, HYDRATION.

Seriously. Without that you would look like the "stereotypical" meth addict regardless of the specific stimulant.

Well i personally think that it really depends on how often you take meth, how you consume/take it, and what effects it has on you. For example- sometimes when on meth you can hallucinate bugs and have feelings of them crawling on your skin and of you smoke meth it will rot your teeth out and make them nasty and shit

i think its more mental, us addicts tend to by unhygenic, and dehydration will play a huge toll on ur skin, i used to constantly pick me nose on adderall thinking there was snot and bugeres in my nose, but in reality my nose was just dry as fuck and i twas my skin, or i would constantly scratch my palms to try to peel th skin, thinking its bugers, as minor as that sounds, it can get more intense for each person. when you have dry mouth, thats when ur enamel gets weak and u start losing teeth, due to it being an appetite supressant you simply wont eat (me personally, i force myself to eat fruit at the very least and bread, and ALOT OF WATER cuz it gets stuck in my throat from dehydration. i think the side effects are the cause, but they are side effects we can avoid by staying nourished, or sleeping for a change, we do it to ourselves

My story: Not meth, I've only done it a few times. But opiates;

I used opiates around twice a week for 3 years. Never got dependent on them. But over that time, i looked at photos and i really believe they did make my looks worse. Even that moderate use.

I haven't done any opiates (my doc) in 7 months because I want to have a long break. Over the 7 months I feel my face looks way better. (subjective, like mentioned by another poster) Half glass full. This can be for number of reasons, maybe just in my mind -- or maybe I'm being more healthy with exercise and food. I'm not complaining about it.

I would feel meth would destroy my looks if i got addicted to it because of no sleep.

When i smoke meth for two years straight and I mean I may of had one week off a month cuz I was couch surfing just to get my next fix. I started to hear voices.....And, I started to get very paranoid......I get locked up in jail. And while I'm in there my skin really starts to turn green. Like a zombie.......I rememeber rubbing my hand down my arm and all this kin was coming off. The layers of meth detox where just beyond really anything we can imagne. Okay. I was like that for three weeks. I looked like a jew in WWII that I was very very ugly.......They knew......They said I was going thru detox and that it was a clear sign that I was...

Ok so i have been dabbling in shard again for the past few months. 3 days a week at least, i still look half decent and i take care of my self. I do get pale sometimes but that clears up quickly, what i want to know is will meth cause me to look older for the long term if i am still taking care of my self. Or will those effects be reversed when i get off it?

If someone uses it for years or even long periods of time it does age them, and make their teeth fall out if they smoke it or IV it.

If someone binges on it, does not eat properly, get rest or take brakes or stop before they are addicted, and does not take care of their gums or teeth then their physical appearance may be affected by it. But it is also this way for crack, coke, meth, and heroin.

Last edited:
I don't know the stats for other countries, but roughly 1 - 1.5% of the Australian population uses meth more frequently than monthly.

There's just not that many people walking around who "look like" meth users. The idea of "what a meth user looks like" seems to be a very American idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.