• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does meth really make you ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegreatgeno

Bluelighter
I know meth mouth is caused by the dry mouth/bad hygiene and is very real, but does it really turn your face in to a pale deformed looking abomination like all those anti-meth ads say? I don't know any long term meth users in real life.

if you repeatedly dont eat, sleep and stay hydrated for days then yes, i expect so

looking like a bag of shit is probably derived from a combination of those three, but no. it may help

I have seen girls that were overweight become very pretty after using meth for several months, however after years the continued catabolic effects on the body usually wear away at the facial structure and the general loss of nutrients/proper sleep take a toll on the physique and face.

So if you simply remember to eat, sleep, and drink water you won't start to look like a genetic deformity?

Well if someone sweats a lot more on meth, then even with proper hygiene they may still get very bad acne. Also, they tend to pick at their face more, making it even worse. Also, these things (eating, sleeping, hydration) are a lot easier said than done when using meth regularly.

If I were you I would just assume that it does and stay clear of it... or at least limit your usage.

I doubt the drug is very good for you but the really damage is done by the lifestyle of someone who is addicted.

Are you planning on using it? Your question seemed a bit odd to me because you say you dont know anyone who uses it so I'm just curious as to why you ask...

I've never met a long-term meth addict who didn't have some sort of hard lines/wrinkles, facial "creasing" etc.

Any drug you get addicted to will make you look pretty damn ugly when you're not eating right, not sleeping right, not keeping up with personal hygiene right, being eaten up with anxiety wondering where you're next hit is coming from, and how bad you're gonna feel if you don't get a score together. Never had a meth problem in the UK back in the day, never once seen it, but expect it's exactly the same thing as I've seen with heroin, amphetamine and crack addicts. Meth though seems to eat up users real fast from the little I know about it. Least Heroin keeps you looking young, even if you are only 7 stone wet through.

The long term effects of meth use I've seem on the before and after sites out there seem to be very similiar to anorexia though as far as the wasting away goes, combined with the obsessive / compulsive picking away at skin producing open sores and scars I've seen in crack users. I think that's probably the main effect, though anything that speeds the metabolism is gonna be aging to some extent isn't it?.

Last edited:
Kids who have been on amps for years daily don't look like that. I think a lot of the time the most "worn" tweakers are shown on TV and what not, and while most of them aren't tip top, they don't all look so bad. I think the paleness has to do with the "shut-in" type of lifestyle that can accompany meth use, and pale skin does age more noticably than darker skin. Also a lot of tweakers do tend to pick at their faces, even if they aren't aware of it. I think the often severe underweight nature of tweakers makes them look more worn, more wrinkled and that. Sleep deprivation doesn't do the body any favors either. Pile all of that on top of a general "trashy" look due to the lack of caring for themselves properly and tweaker lifestyle and you get that distinct meth look. The mouth keeps very dry, unsalivated, allows for a lot of rot. I really don't want to stereotype, but these are just my speculations. I think whatever floats your boat is up to you, even if it isn't healthy.

you can take care of yourself and make it better or manageable but it is gonna affect you if you use it heavy..even if it dont make you downright ugly it will completly change the way you look..and it fuckin your teeth is really inevitable..so if you have to use sparingly and take care of yourself

If you manage to stay healthy through your meth use, then i dont think you will even look close to the "before and after" people you see on tv, but then again... are you an addict if you can stop to sleep, eat and shower when needed?

If you still maintain your daily hygiene levels then you should be fine... Also if you force yourself to eat then your overall physical appearance won't deteriorate that much. I mean this is easier said than done because most people tend to not stick to this plan. The ugliness comes from lack of hygiene such as not brushing your teeth, showering.. Ect. Then also from the lack of sleep and no eating. From not eating your hair will fall out and you will look like shit (very unhealthy)... Also the sores from picking at yourself doesn't really help.

I do meth on the regular and I have been at it for awhile. I eat on it, sleep on it, and shit on it. I am HWP and my complexion is peaches and cream. I can't speak for the people that look like that because I do not know anyone who actually looks like that. Except the times I sat in jail. I would ask 'em "meth or crack?"

Everyone I know (which is not everyone, obviously) does NOT look like that propaganda they put out. A lifestyle comes with drug use/abuse and when you live on the razor's edge it takes its toll.

Admittedly, I smoke only, brush my teeth more often than not, and bathe more often when I have meth than when I don't. I keep a regular sleep cycle - none of that up for days business. Also, a $20 last me two to three days/two tenths of a gram/.2. What might also be relevant is this activity is all done with a large prescribed pharmaceutical quality base of opioids. I mention this because it might relate directly to my ability to sleep or doze when the hit(s) wear off. So, why do I do it? I have MDD and it gives me an energy boost, enough so I get off my ass and accomplish what needs to be accomplished. People with severe chronic depression should be legally prescribed methamp. Desoxyn for ADHD, but they are not giving it for depression.

I dunno..everyone Ive seen who uses meth their skin goes to complete shit after a few years. Like not just from them being crazy and picking at it, like it just gets all raspy lookin and shit. Like this one girl I know she seriously looks 2 decades older than when I saw her 5 years ago. Its sad too because she was such a sweet girl. Now shes out in the streets and shit. But she shoots it.. I think thats worse on your skin right?

I think if you shoot it all bets are off. I have had a few side effects I am not pleased with. Some of the way your body releases meth is through the pores. When the pores struggle to open and expel the poison they can get infected a bit. I have had a few of those on my back. I read every book about meth I can find so I know what the hell is going on when something arises.

I take back what I said earlier about not knowing anyone that looks that bad as those mug shots they post. Street prostitutes look like that, a lot of 'em. Being homeless, addicted, and prostituting takes away everything a female human being has. The only way you can sink any lower is being on death row. And the two are equatable in my mind: YOU ARE DYING. When you are addicted, homeless, and a prostitute you are busy killing yourself. When you are on death row society has deemed you acceptable for extermination i.e. to be killed.

Those girls that ended up on the street, I wonder where they came from. Does anybody love them? What happened? Frontline I think it was, profiled three women that were murdered in Las Vegas and their bodies dumped in the same spot. They all had lives much like most of us, boyfriends, husbands, children, parents. The pictures shown of these woman at an earlier time, they looked like most of us do. Regular people. They still had hope in their eyes. Then they got hooked. Then they ended up on the streets behind their habits. Then, tortured, raped, and murdered, the final insult.

Sorry, got off track. I do not think that method of administration matters much with meth. It is poison, and what goes in must come out. I do think that me smoking a $20 bag (two tenths of a gram) over two or three days (and sleeping 10-12 hours in between) is a bit different than fixing up the whole $20 at one time and slamming it. The rush must be orgasmic. But because the amount used is so much larger the side effects must be more pronounced e.g. the picking of the skin, the paranoia, not eating or sleeping, weight loss, etc.

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.