• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Does meth really make you ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it does meth is made with bad chemicles that with fuck uo your physical apperance and your mind. Unlike opiates.

If you pick your face and don't brush your teeth and don't sleep, yeah, it will.

I've known people who've smoked meth for decades, though, and who still look pretty decent.

The drug does tend to dry out your skin, though.

I watched a TV show about Meth addiction and they showed someone doing the "shake in a plastic soda container" method of producing meth. After seeing all of the corrosive and explosive chemicals used to make it, I have to wonder how someone could even be alive after smoking or snorting it. Seriously, that is some nasty shit. It really is no wonder all the damage it causes to one's body!

I have to believe that someone who is able to look somewhat normal despite using Meth on a pretty regular basis HAS to be the exception and not the norm, right?

If you end up using meth on a regular basis then you're not going to sleep. The only people I know who can sleep on meth are the ones who's tolerance is so, so massive that it was only formed after an extensive history of methamphetamine abuse...and of course that's only because they had abused it so much in the past. And even THOSE people often go on week-long binges on occasion!

I don't know about you, but even after only 24-36 hours of no sleep I look noticeably worse. It doesn't look normal at all when you have to be around other people and can't do meth around them or with them, but you feel yourself rapidly crashing at the same time...you don't look normal because you look all haggard and shit. I'm pretty sure that's a situation that every tweaker has been in at least once.

Yes it does meth is made with bad chemicles that with fuck uo your physical apperance and your mind. Unlike opiates.

No, just no. This is complete nonsense.

I watched a TV show about Meth addiction and they showed someone doing the "shake in a plastic soda container" method of producing meth. After seeing all of the corrosive and explosive chemicals used to make it, I have to wonder how someone could even be alive after smoking or snorting it. Seriously, that is some nasty shit. It really is no wonder all the damage it causes to one's body!

I have to believe that someone who is able to look somewhat normal despite using Meth on a pretty regular basis HAS to be the exception and not the norm, right?

Again, no. TONS of drugs involve highly dangerous chemicals in the manufacturing of them. That means NOTHING for how it's going to affect your appearance.

Methamphetamine in its crystal form (ice) is a fungus grown from bacteria and it lives on the human body. As long as the user gets 3 hours of sleep, 3 square meals , and plenty of water as well as showers, extra snacks etc then you should be good with your looks while using. Also your high will be netter in the long run as well as mental health. Since ice lives on your body when you run out of natural chemicals antioxidants vitamins amd such then it starts digging deeper into your body to get what it needs to live. Hope this gives you a better understanding of the drug itself. Keep in mind, that dope highs are all in your head
... mind over matter
Your perception is your reality! Be safe and enjoy!!

Again, no. TONS of drugs involve highly dangerous chemicals in the manufacturing of them. That means NOTHING for how it's going to affect your appearance.

if you eat shit, you're gonna look like shit, it's as simple as that. Don't try to mislead people. meth will make you look like shit.

I'm pretty sure it's been shown that the majority of drug use, regardless of the drug in question, is recreational (non-problematic). I think the average is usually around 10% of users of a drug are in the problematic use range. I'm pretty sure that is the case with alcohol. With heroin it's over double that. The numbers for meth may be closer to the heroin statistic. But still, the hardcore addicted individual is always in the minority.

I knew I was getting fat 10 years ago, but I was still just barely fat. I could only squeeze a little belly between my fingers. Then a few years later, a little more, but I knew that I could start working out anytime, and I had before, so why not, why worry? And later, it was somewhat of a situation, yes, I'm as fat as my uncle back when I was sixteen and he told me don't let yourself get here or it gets worse! Point is... it's always something that can be fixed later, and the problem isn't relevant now... until IT IS.

Not that the reply before mine or my response to it has anything to do with the subject of this thread.

I'm pretty sure it's been shown that the majority of drug use, regardless of the drug in question, is recreational (non-problematic). I think the average is usually around 10% of users of a drug are in the problematic use range. I'm pretty sure that is the case with alcohol. With heroin it's over double that. The numbers for meth may be closer to the heroin statistic. But still, the hardcore addicted individual is always in the minority.

I think the rate of addiction for methamphetamine is somewhere around 10%, IIRC

I know this is kinda off topic but damn I just went to the dentist for the first time in like 4 years or so and found out my teeth are a lot more fucked up then I thought. I got like 10 cavities including 1 that's so bad it needs a root canal and some decay mostly on the back teeth. The only decay I can actually see is receding gums on a couple of bottom teeth but I would have to open my mouth wide and point it out for someone to notice. I'm pretty sure most of this is caused by smoking meth but at least it's not visible when I smile. I'm terrified of getting a root canal though cuz I heard it hurts like hell=-( My mom has had 3 of them and said it basically looks like the dentist is drilling your mouth but you do get numbed so you don't feel much of it. I've always been terrified of dental procedures so I put them off but I don't want to lose any teeth so I have no choice=-(

I know this is kinda off topic but damn I just went to the dentist for the first time in like 4 years or so and found out my teeth are a lot more fucked up then I thought. I got like 10 cavities including 1 that's so bad it needs a root canal and some decay mostly on the back teeth. The only decay I can actually see is receding gums on a couple of bottom teeth but I would have to open my mouth wide and point it out for someone to notice. I'm pretty sure most of this is caused by smoking meth but at least it's not visible when I smile. I'm terrified of getting a root canal though cuz I heard it hurts like hell=-( My mom has had 3 of them and said it basically looks like the dentist is drilling your mouth but you do get numbed so you don't feel much of it. I've always been terrified of dental procedures so I put them off but I don't want to lose any teeth so I have no choice=-(
Lol sucks to be a tweaker i bet. Iv had a root canal when i was really young (like 10 ish) so i didnt get anything for pain except the numbing stuff injected into youe gum. I didnt know if i wasnt supposed to feel anythong but i can definetly feel the drilling into my teeth. It hurt like hell and that night i had no sleep waking up from mouth pains. The shot in the mouth also gets sore as fuck that night. Just remember to not be a pussy when u rememner how people alot younger than you had to put up with it. Too young to get opiates for it also.

Methamphetamine in its crystal form (ice) is a fungus grown from bacteria and it lives on the human body. As long as the user gets 3 hours of sleep, 3 square meals , and plenty of water as well as showers, extra snacks etc then you should be good with your looks while using. Also your high will be netter in the long run as well as mental health. Since ice lives on your body when you run out of natural chemicals antioxidants vitamins amd such then it starts digging deeper into your body to get what it needs to live. Hope this gives you a better understanding of the drug itself. Keep in mind, that dope highs are all in your head
... mind over matter
Your perception is your reality! Be safe and enjoy!!

Quite the metaphor indeed!

First couple uses it'll make you sexier, but binge out without food or sleep and you ugly!

This thread was started in 2012. I guess we can ask OP at this point.

Yeah this thread has run it's course and more suitable for Drug Culture anyway. Closed/

Status
Not open for further replies.