• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does/Has Weed Ever Given You A Panic Attack?

All the fucking time! Weeds the only drug that will induce a serious panic attack yet as soon as I come down I'll pick up the pipe again, pretty stupid huh... Also, I find the opposite as the post above regarding tolerance, when I first started smoking weed was full of giggles and munchies but as I kept smoking the high turned into paranoia and dysphoria.

All the fucking time! Weeds the only drug that will induce a serious panic attack yet as soon as I come down I'll pick up the pipe again, pretty stupid huh... Also, I find the opposite as the post above regarding tolerance, when I first started smoking weed was full of giggles and munchies but as I kept smoking the high turned into paranoia and dysphoria.

100% the same for me!

I never had issues with panic attacks. It seems like it slowly built up over time. I think I may just have to take a long time off :(. I already miss my baked evenings man. It's bumming me out.

I've learned that my anxiety and panic attacks on weed are a result of hypochondria concerning my physical organs (heart in particular). Since that realization (and telling myself cannabis is very safe on the body) I no longer have panic attacks, just a little bit of anxiety on come ups.

yes it has caused many panic attacks for me. if i take more then 3 or 4 toke in a session i get a panic attack

1. Yes, lost vision and motor coordination, had to sit and wait it out. Felt very scary.

2. With a group of friends

3. Way too high

4. No

No, never. I've had some pretty outrageous and funny paranoid delusions while high, but never a panic attack from weed. Acid is a different story though

not smoking too much,
and if u did..

instead of sitting there panicking,
just walk around and do stuff

and don't lay there thinking ur gonna get a heart attack.
that seems to help me

1. Do you ever get panic attacks when you smoke weed?

Only when I had a legit reason to be worried about something. For example when I was a kid and trying to hide the fact that Ive been smoking from teachers/parents, etc... After I grew up Ive never really had much to panic about and generally just get really relaxed.

2. If so, are you with other people or alone?

I used to smoke mostly in social settings back when I would get the panic attacks, these days I usually chill out at home and smoke while watching tv or something (could be a notable factor).

3. Were you a little high, or *really* high?

Probably both, I cant recall. Honestly to me high is high. I take a couple tokes and get high, I smoke an entire blunt to my face and I get the same high but get really tired as well. Its like smoking large amounts only increases the drowsiness and not so much the intensity of the high.

4. Has it caused you to quit smoking it?

I did quit, but not because of panic attacks.

I was smoking with some new peeps who were making me nervous, I knew they were probably cool but it felt like my heart was beating doubles and I couldn't tell if it was real or not.

A few times before and after I panicked by myself, just felt overwhelmed by noise and visuals.

Not really that high.

Yes. I did quit but mostly to get over other mental issues. This would not have stopped me on its own.

Yes my friends first panic attack was whilst taking canabis and he was taken to hospital and put on a heart monitor and given diazepam to calm him down. Sad thing is he's never recovered and has constant panic attacks all the time even though he stopped smoking the weed. It changed something in him. I must admit that whilst weed is mostly harmless, its not for everyone..... like sll other drugs in life legal or otherwise.

Do you ever get panic attacks when you smoke weed? If so, are you with other people or alone? Were you a little high, or *really* high? Has it caused you to quit smoking it?
Answer:
1. Yep.
2. The last time, I was with one other person.
3. A little, but it made no difference. Just two solid hits, and it wasn't even pure (it was mixed with tobacco).
4. Yes. I've tried to like weed, but every time I use it it's worse than the time before it. To be fair, I felt better after about five minutes, but that's not a price I'm willing to pay for a buzz.

Oh yea, the most extreme fear and paranoia Ive ever felt too especially if Im around other people. I didnt as much if I mixed it with Pain killers or downers but on its own it is hell for me and if nothing else is in my system, I avoid it.

Recently, when combined with virtually any quantity of caffeine, I get anxiety from more sativa-dominant strains, which is a new side effect, although tbh I attribute it more to my caffeine consumption than the weed, because when taken on it's own, even the strongest sativas rarely give me any anxiety.

yeah, but only if something freaks me out. my heartrate will skyrocket and it's a shitty feeling. i don't generally get random anxiety/paranoia from smoking weed, though.

I got weed induced panic attacks all the time like 2 years ago, I'd been smoking daily for years but somehow, slowly I started to get more and more nervous and anxious when I'd smoke. Eventually, I'd get a panic attack every time I smoked, alone or with people. The worst occasion was when I was really high with a friend and I had a very psychedelic experience and my heart rate was probably 160bpm, thankfully, I had benzos and a friend to help me stay calm but I cut back drastically on how much I smoked for several months after that happened. I did still smoke but it was no where near as much or as often as usual. Eventually, I started using benzos and alcohol to help with the panic attacks then slowly started smoking more and more weed again, now I smoke flame weed daily again, I'll smoke BHO and hash, I don't even always need alcohol or benzos either :D