• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does Cocaine really get you "high"?

When I did coke (and I got into it for a while, though I've been an IV heroin user for years and that's my DoC), I shot it. A lot of it. It was a really bad idea and even now, thinking about it, I get all nauseated and tingly in my tummy and in my loins. High? Yes. Definitely. But I should also probably be dead. When you IV, you first of all cause oxygen deprivation and everything just goes haywire so you get the "helicopter" effect: a whooshing sort of sound, and all the sounds around you are very quiet and distorted, like tunnel hearing. And then you feel it hit your heart and that starts going a million miles a minute. Past the first two to three minutes it really is not fun, but you keep doing more because the come down sucks royally.
So, in short, yes it gets me high, but it's a really bad idea.

Coke is WAY too addictive for me. I just fiend for more and more
all i do when im on coke is play with my lines anyway, it's not even useful for me like adderall is
But man, coke haha... that is a GREAT high
coke + any drug = FTW

Unless your shooting it, there are a lot better stimulants out there. Dont know how coke got so popular in the first place.

it depends on your definition of high. a high to me to euphoric and complacent. anything else is a derivative of what i consider high. like when i do speed im euphoric and complaced but with a little energy. opiates are the opposite (just less desire to move around). now, ive done cocaine about 4 times and i only got "high" from it twice. i had taken an unknown amount of lorazepam and snifffed 7 lines in my room after a party and knocked straight out after. fuckin weird. but the more i did coke was the more i understood that the effects of it are overstated. the drug has a very subtle euphoria and im not as complaced as with speed. Im more referring to cocaethylene cuz coke alone sucks dick. This drug just makes me ignorant as fuck, i wanna just party hard, smoke endless cigarettes and sniff more lines. but does it get me high? no.. so i stopped doing it after my first cocaethylene bender. i had smoked a jay after i had comedown as i had 0 downers, and man the tachycardia was real. talk about feeling to stroke out. that drug was a major disappointment in my books and we have the purest shit. all the cocaine from columbia passes through trinidad and we get it dirt cheap, crystals man.

i can't help but notice a lot of the negative comments are from ppl mentioning that they "tried" coke.

it takes a while for your brain to get used to coke, so it's not something u can just do once in a blue moon and expect to really feel it. a bit of dependency has to develop before you get to that really awesome euphoric full-brain-orgasm feeling.

it has a bunch of negatives and sucks as a DoC but that first honeymoon period when the first line of the day sends you right to the moon for ten minutes is awesome.

coke is weird I like it mixed with booze you stay alert longer kind of keeps the party going good blow has a vary strong smell and your face will go numb will not be able to feel your teeth at all lol personally I really enjoy coke but rarely buy it due to it being way over priced in comparison to other drugs such as mdma because with mdma 10 bucks will have you feeling super good for roughly 4 hours and 60 bucks worth of coke will have you craving more lol

coke is weird I like it mixed with booze you stay alert longer kind of keeps the party going [...]

The combination of ethanol with cocaine results in the in vivo production of the bioactive metabolite ethylbenzoylecgonine via transesterification of the cocaine with ethanol. This metabolite is absent if either ethanol or cocaine is administered in isolation. The pharmacological effects of this metabolite are supposedly very similar to those of cocaine, but has a putative longer duration and increased euphoria. This may account for why the cocaine's duration appeared to be protracted by alcohol consumption.

I know it's an old thread but I'd like to share some information about coke that I find important because there are worlds apart between real, pure coke and street garbage. I travelled with my sister to bolivia in 2014 and we visited the bar "Route 36" where they literally serve you whiskey and a gram of cocaine on a silver tablet for a couple bucks only. We experienced for the first time how REAL cocaine actually feels like. The "coke" you get in europe and the US is full of RCs that make you all antsy, jittery, paranoid and the crash is horrible. It makes you feel wired like speed does. It turns coke into a drug that doesn't feel like coke at all. Not so with the cocaine we tried in Route 36. Pure cocaine does NOT feel like a hard drug. The come-up of pure cocaine is smooth. You don't feel like your heart might break out of your chest, no paranoia, your ego gets a nice boost (not in the obnoxious egomaniacal "fuck y'all I'm the best anyway" sense, but more in the sense of "I'm actually a person with great strengths and only marginal weaknesses. I shouldn't be so hard on myself and be more proud of my accomplishments and who I am. I feel confident in my own skin."). You're incredibly clear headed and have creative thoughts. You like to socialize and talk, but it doesn't degenerate into verbal diarrhea that is so prominent with amphetamines. You can have intellectually stimulating and philosophical conversations that actually make sense. You don't become aggressive. Good coke doesn't numb half your face, only the parts it comes into contact with and even then it takes a while for the anesthesia to take effect. There is NO crash! Coke just gradually fades away after 30 - 45 mins and it feels like you are slowly descending on a cloud back to the ground. The fiendishness of pure coke is very subtle. You can take a line and when the high is over, you can just leave it at that and do another bump a couple hours later if you want and it feels like the first line again. You don't obsessively think about doing lines every 15 mins. The high gradually builds up and you're just satisfied with the effect. You only get paranoid on pure coke when you binged for days and didn't sleep. In that case it's the massive sleep deprivation that triggers psychosis-like symptoms and not the coke itself. With street coke you can get paranoid either way.

To put it more bluntly: real coke doesn't really feel like a drug. It feels like you've just been raised to the position of a managing director by the chairman of a multinational corporation due to your outstanding talent. THAT is how true cocaine makes you feel.
However there is a shadow side to cocaine, but that usually comes with long-term use: it stimulates your reptilian brain (the part that makes you think "what's in it for me") and can therefore make you incredibly cold-hearted and egotistical and these effects can CHRONIFY when you use cocaine for long enough and have a predisposition to exhibit such character traits. It can destroy relationships, so you need to be always vigilant when using this drug. It makes you much more impulsive. On top of that you can end up completely overestimating your own abilities. The movie Scarface, while completely over the top unrealistic, shows how cocaine users can pretty much end up in bad situations just because they overestimated their own abilities and did stupid shit to prove something that is beyond what they actually are/can/have. Just use this one rule when you're really going hard with cocaine: become and stay as self-aware as possible. It's very easy to get swept away by a drug that is powerful but subtle at the same time.

If I could describe the feeling of good coke with a song, it would be this:

And this is street coke, a degenerated, perverted version of the above song:

So if you really wanna enjoy cocaine, either go to bolivia, columbia, peru, or buy mate de coca teabags and synthesize your own coke. Everything else is a waste of money...

Last edited:
I did it twice. It made me pretty euphoric and self confident. I had this rush of euphoria. Too bad it doesn't last long and it's expensive. I really like it

The combination of ethanol with cocaine results in the in vivo production of the bioactive metabolite ethylbenzoylecgonine via transesterification of the cocaine with ethanol. This metabolite is absent if either ethanol or cocaine is administered in isolation. The pharmacological effects of this metabolite are supposedly very similar to those of cocaine, but has a putative longer duration and increased euphoria. This may account for why the cocaine's duration appeared to be protracted by alcohol consumption.
Cocaine and alcohol form cocaethelene, or am i mistaken?

I acquired some mate de coca but took it whole, not extracted. It felt adrenergic and compulsive yet not jittery at all. I'd like to extract but my gf doesn't like me fucking around with chemicals.

@Antiprosynthesis Yeah, cocaethylene. And methylphenidate + alcohol seems to form ethylphenidate if I'm not wrong.

Of all the 'hard' drugs cocaine is a fairly strong stimulant but it's got a sort of passive effect to me in the experiential sense. I mean (to illustrate) that it's not this hard gobsmacked hit how it has effected me. Unless I've been smoking it anyway.

Crack is easy to cook and it hits much harder and in some opinions nicer than soft cocaine does. But then that way the high is so short lived that it passes me by again. With soft I can get a good 30-60 minute peak and repeat quite a few times before my brains too fried to keep giving that classic dopamine hit associated with cocaine.

Its okay and I dont mind either form, and I'd like to try an ammonia based freebase sometime. But cocaine is always going to be a distantly number 3 for me on the big 3 hard drugs list of opioids, amphetamines, and then coke/crack. It's nice sometimes but he fact that it's either too weak (yes I've had good stuff but meth or opioids hit harder it's no contest) or too short with crack and overall just not worth it? I rarely buy the stuff even when I'm going hard.

Coke does get you high but it's a very psychological porportion of the effects which gets people enduring on it with binges and stuff. Like if you want to get HIGH do a hit of acid or something or anything other than coke that's stronger. Even marijuana is a much stronger high than cocaine hands down.

Coke is fun though. It has a certain social style and crowd associated that I like sometimes. It's cool to go out to a party and sniff a few lines. But whatever. I'm an amphetamines and opioids guy probably for life.

I did do a pretty good sized shot of coke IV awhile back that was pretty overwhelming. I almost sketched out and went home. But after a few minutes I was okay.

I acquired some mate de coca but took it whole, not extracted. It felt adrenergic and compulsive yet not jittery at all. I'd like to extract but my gf doesn't like me fucking around with chemicals.

@Antiprosynthesis Yeah, cocaethylene. And methylphenidate + alcohol seems to form ethylphenidate if I'm not wrong.
Genuine coca* has a really nice stimulant effect, IME, especially when chewed** with a bit of baking soda (NaHCO3).

It's a very "functional" stimulant compared to cocaine, smoother and longer-acting, with a more manageable set of highs & lows.

In a lot of ways, it had all the utility of an oral d-amphetamine/Adderall dose, plus a hint of that uniquely cocainesque ego boost.

*I preferred dried whole-leaves but found them similar in strength to powdered mate de coca, even in teabags (as long as they weren't decocainized).

**Kind of misnomer as it's more akin to dipping tobacco, except instead of "packing a lip" you pack a cheek (once the coca is moistened/softened with saliva).

Genuine coca* has a really nice stimulant effect, IME, especially when chewed** with a bit of baking soda (NaHCO3).
Well I had both, whole dried leaves (very expensive) and powder (still expensive) and found them to be more or less equal. But my dosages were very low, after reading a PDF about extraction method told me that the average cocaine content was just ~0.5%, my dosages of 10-15g were much too low so I got only threshold effects. First I thought the stuff had been decocainized but this isn't possible with leaving the leaves structure intact I guess. Also there were some effects, I put the stuff into my mouth with some baking soda (do you need sodium carbonate or bicarbonate btw?) and chewed it for some minutes, the taste isn't bad indeed, and swallowed the mass. Effects were very mild but likeable, on some occasions I've kept redosing. On and off of effects is very smooth and lasted for maybe 2h. Looking forward to getting some more :)

The problem isn't so much the chemicals which you can easily buy without attracting the wrong type of attention. Potassium permanganate for example is used for all kinds of stuff and can be easily ordered on ebay. The real issue is buying mate de coca without law enforcement seizing the package and charging you for "cocaine smuggling" (yeah lemme get high on dem 0.5% alkaloid content lol). If anybody plans to do this they should gradually buy those mate de coca packages until they have acquired enough plant material to extract and NOT make a huge 10kg bulk order from Peru. Also, ensure you have solid OpSec. Do all of this via the Tails OS since its RAM is "amnesic" and doesn't write anything on a hard drive or other storage medium. On top of that it forces all connections to go through the TOR network for extra security and anonymity. Boot the OS via a USB stick and NOT via a virtual machine!
In case the badge wearing thugs masquerading as police officers still seize your package, you can always claim that you didn't order anything and that someone must have played a prank on you. This will only work if you take care of the OpSec that I mentioned. If you want to be extra careful use a dead drop address for all your drug related orders so that LE can't trace anything you have done online to your real name and address.

If a passionate cocaine connoisseur can pull this off successfully, then they will have a lifetime stash of pure cocaine for personal recreational use at the cost of $1 - $2/g!!!

In case the german police (or some Europol bureaucrat) reads my post: all of my posts are satirical in nature. None of what I have written and will write in the near and distant future is to be taken serious. This entire profile exists for entertainment purposes only. Drugs are bad m'kay...

Last edited:
@Hexenstahl I live in MX, appears like coca leaves are legal here, they're sold by ethnobotanical suppliers on the local marketplace but only in small quantities and pretty expensive. Don't know who I could ask about importing though. They have the nasty habit of opening and inspecting everything which comes by courier so a kilo order is very likely to get opened and of course better to be safe than sorry about OpSec and official thugs ... I originate from the EU and hoped that stuff'd be better regarding drugs here but it's not necessarily so, in the EU you have open borders to different countries with different laws, this is very valuable. Ordering stuff from the NL for example. I can't acquire my beloved RCs here :(

They should rather encourage people making their own cocaine instead of punishing one for it. I mean doing your own out of coca leaves cuts out all the organized crime in between the farmer and the consumer, doesn't it?

Last edited: