• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does Cocaine really get you "high"?

Saint Ravitt

Greenlighter
Hi,
First post here at blue light: So I've seen this topic discussed briefly on this site but couldn't find a thread on the particular question. If there is one, please simply direct me.
So here's the deal: swim has smoked pot and drank almost daily for years, however, occasionally he's tried cocaine (mostly snorting, sometimes smoking/vaporizing) and he can't tell whether it's not affecting him properly or if that's simply the nature of the drug. His description of the effects: within about five to eight minutes of consumption, he feels the hairs all over his whole body stand up and he wouldn't say that he gets a rush of energy but he definitely doesn't feel tired and he likes to do things that involve moving such as cleaning the house and such (though he doesn't get talkative). He has a little more motivation given that it diminishes his inhibitions so he's more comfortable around people and he likes doing the things that other people wanna do, things that he would normally do grudgingly. His pupils don't really dilate and he can still eat even though he doesn't really feel hungry. He loses all desire for sex and couldn't get it up even if he tried (kinda feel likes being on acid in that regard). All of these things, however, are very subtle such that someone could slip him a dose of coke and he would notice a difference but would never suspect it was a so-called hardcore drug that he was feeling. The first few times he assumed he was just using some lousy, cut up blow but then he met people who said they could get fire. So he's done this so called fire with friends who do coke a lot and they say its really good and they go really fast on it. Swim doesn't. Swim was just wondering if being a chronic pot and alcohol user, he has a higher standard for what being "high" is. He's expecting a total change in his state of mind, a complete altering of perceptions etc... Also, the effects of coke always last around an hour to and hour and a half. Furthermore, he never used to crash from it before but this stuff he's been using lately causes him to crash even though he's never really high. From what swim's experienced, he doesn't understand how anyone could ever get hooked on the stuff (anymore than you can get hooked on nicotine.) Also, swim takes 60 mg of adderall xr everyday and he knows this has cross tolerance with crystal meth but wouldn't expect it to be the same way with coke(swim did coke before the adderall and had the same effects). What do you guys think?

I'd bet money that your just aquiring shitty coke and/or it has to do with your daily use of amphetamine, the two are cross tolerant. With good quality coke there's questioning whether your not your high, thou IMO that high is so overated it's not funny. All coke does is space me out, get sweaty and tachycardic, and paranoid... and it's also compulsive as hell due the steep rise and fall in effects. Oh btw it shouldn't take 5-8 minutes to kick, at least not IME. I have a friend with ADD and it spaces him out as well, partially even sedating him.

it take 5 to 8 minutes for complete effects. With this stuff lately, swim feels it hit within 2 seconds.

Oh, and we don't use SWIM on bluelight, it's actually against the rules due to the fact that we all know it's you and it makes peoples posts harder to read, especially when people start talking about "my dog did so and so". Welcome to bluelight btw :)

Coke is just not a nice drug. (IMO/IME)

It tends to make a lot of people paranoid, antisocial, selfish and even aggressive. Here in the UK the Cocaine is joke quality!

causes him to crash even though he's never really high.

Yep, that's coke.

I find Coke to be for agressive folks. Heroin tends to be for people who like to mellow out. I was someone who always wants to be doing something. Anything.

Smoking crack got me SUPER high, but then to deal with the comedown I do busywork until I feel alright again . Then I usually do another toke. Lol.

If one was to be practical, I would suggest doing a hit then re grouting the tile in your kitchen. You can easily do it too if you keep toking once every half hour.

So for my original question: would anyone describe the cocaine experience as being "high" or do you get the similar effects to myself? Does anyone become euphoric like the websites say?

Sure, you get the euphoric feeling at the first time to snort it even it's not top quality coke. Then you will Never find the exactly same feeling and craving for it just for catching that feeling. my 2 cents.

I'd bet money that your just aquiring shitty coke and/or it has to do with your daily use of amphetamine, the two are cross tolerant. With good quality coke there's questioning whether your not your high, thou IMO that high is so overated it's not funny. All coke does is space me out, get sweaty and tachycardic, and paranoid... and it's also compulsive as hell due the steep rise and fall in effects. Oh btw it shouldn't take 5-8 minutes to kick, at least not IME. I have a friend with ADD and it spaces him out as well, partially even sedating him.

Yeah, probably one of the most overrated drugs out there... I live in one of the largest port cities in Europe and high quality coke is omnipresent here. I think it's easier to score a gram of coke here than it is to score a bag of high grade weed. I have some friends who take it regularly and rave about how great it is. I've had lines with them and will enjoy the buzz for a while but don't see the point in spending ridiculous amounts of money for a night's worth of cocaine. It gives a subtle mood lift, some extra confidence and chattyness. Nothing special really, cheap RCs like ethylphenidate do the same and last longer...

After reading that article, I feel like all I've been doing is good coke. Never has me going too fast but definitely enough energy to do whatever I feel like. Also, not what I would describe as euphoric (as compared to alcohol and marijuana's short term euphoria) but I am really content to do whatever, as I said. I could just sit there doing nothing, or do chores, or go to work or literally anything and I'd be completely content.

AFAIK you have to be lucky enough to be exposed to high-quality coke to even make it worth it.
Most coke has been cut to shit, and then cut to shit even worse because it's in batches meant to be cooked/sold in crack form.

A long time ago I was able to come across some decent stuff. It was very good, but relatively fleeting. Also did not have a large amount. Felt like a $million bucks,... went into a bar with my homey, and then 15 minutes or whatever it was later, just felt mildly depressed and empty and wishing I had more.

AFAIK you have to be lucky enough to be exposed to high-quality coke to even make it worth it.
Most coke has been cut to shit, and then cut to shit even worse because it's in batches meant to be cooked/sold in crack form.

Cocaine has to travel a long way and pass through many hands to reach most users' noses. With drug trafficking, simply adding on a markup is no longer feasible after a certain point (dealers cannot just raise the price into infinity—people will refuse to pay at some point), and is adulterated to improve the quantity as a direct result. But the good news is that the closer to the drug's geographical point of origin one moves, the cheaper and purer the drug becomes. You don't need luck to obtain fishscale, in other words. A plane ticket to Lima and a couple grand can get you more cocaine than you could snort in a lifetime.

A long time ago I was able to come across some decent stuff. It was very good, but relatively fleeting. Also did not have a large amount. Felt like a $million bucks,... went into a bar with my homey, and then 15 minutes or whatever it was later, just felt mildly depressed and empty and wishing I had more.

Yeah, but the downside (for the user, anyway) was that cocaine in the 1980s had a retail value of up to 5x what it currently is. And the average purity was only about 10-30% higher than today. Why do you think dealers resorted to selling freebase/crack? It was because most people weren't wealthy enough to afford to use cocaine regularly and the intensity of cocaine hcl apparently wasn't good enough.