• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Does Cocaine really get you "high"?

Yea good Cocaine, soon as it hits I almost breathe a sigh of relief in a way similar to opioids where all my problems disappear. It’s a very unique stimulant. I’m also much more extroverted, comfortable and sociable than meth. Not really saying I like either better, but if you put out a bit of each in front of me 99 times out of 100 I’ll probably grab the coke first.

-GC

The coke high is better than the meth high in terms of distractability and euphoria, but the come down is swift and skiddy. Also, meth lasts for days.

I did cocaine regularly for 20 years. After having gone through ~1.5 cumulative kilos, I just got tired of it. Such a hassle to obtain. Expensive and pointless. But if you just smoke a dime rock a day and hold it in (ghost it), then you good.

Hi,
First post here at blue light: So I've seen this topic discussed briefly on this site but couldn't find a thread on the particular question. If there is one, please simply direct me.
So here's the deal: swim has smoked pot and drank almost daily for years, however, occasionally he's tried cocaine (mostly snorting, sometimes smoking/vaporizing) and he can't tell whether it's not affecting him properly or if that's simply the nature of the drug. His description of the effects: within about five to eight minutes of consumption, he feels the hairs all over his whole body stand up and he wouldn't say that he gets a rush of energy but he definitely doesn't feel tired and he likes to do things that involve moving such as cleaning the house and such (though he doesn't get talkative). He has a little more motivation given that it diminishes his inhibitions so he's more comfortable around people and he likes doing the things that other people wanna do, things that he would normally do grudgingly. His pupils don't really dilate and he can still eat even though he doesn't really feel hungry. He loses all desire for sex and couldn't get it up even if he tried (kinda feel likes being on acid in that regard). All of these things, however, are very subtle such that someone could slip him a dose of coke and he would notice a difference but would never suspect it was a so-called hardcore drug that he was feeling. The first few times he assumed he was just using some lousy, cut up blow but then he met people who said they could get fire. So he's done this so called fire with friends who do coke a lot and they say its really good and they go really fast on it. Swim doesn't. Swim was just wondering if being a chronic pot and alcohol user, he has a higher standard for what being "high" is. He's expecting a total change in his state of mind, a complete altering of perceptions etc... Also, the effects of coke always last around an hour to and hour and a half. Furthermore, he never used to crash from it before but this stuff he's been using lately causes him to crash even though he's never really high. From what swim's experienced, he doesn't understand how anyone could ever get hooked on the stuff (anymore than you can get hooked on nicotine.) Also, swim takes 60 mg of adderall xr everyday and he knows this has cross tolerance with crystal meth but wouldn't expect it to be the same way with coke(swim did coke before the adderall and had the same effects). What do you guys think?

Definitely shitty coke.

This example is specific to crack, but that doesn't matter: I've smoked crack three times. The first time was SHIT. I literally just felt like I'd had a double espresso or something. Second time wasn't much better. Then a smoked it the third time with a connoisseur [read: crack head] who had access to "the good shit" and that time the high was amazing. I felt incredibly and it lasted like 45 mins. So quality can make a HUGE difference.

If coca leaves made your entire mouth go numb then you'd end up biting your tongue and inner cheeks all the time and get wounds that way. It locally anaesthecizes a bit, but doesn't make your whole mouth or even face go into lala land like the dentist does when he applies Lidocaine, Articaine or Mepivacaine. It simply does not happen. Cocaine is used in some areas/countries for use by ENT surgeons to topicalise the inside of the nose. If it would numb your entire face, then these surgeons would not bother with ordering an expensive medication and just go with lidocaine that is much easier available and has less legal hurdles.

Sorry to necro this thread but it's only a few months old.

I wanted to start out first by saying that I DO generally agree with you Hexenstahl. However, I think a lot of y'all's disagreement related to issues with language or translation. It's clear that Antiprosynthesis does not speak English as their first language. I think the whole bit about alkaloid content and amounts of leaves, etc... is more just a result of their broken English. IMO it seemed like y'all actually agreed on more than you might've initially realized.

I personally went to Wingate School of Pharmacy and specifically specialized in "psychopharmacology" and the study of "drug of abuse". Though I also have a surprising amount of personal familiarity with both. After years of NA, plus a diversion program, I now stick primarily to only my few RX'd psychoactive meds (and functional alcoholism), but I used to get WILD. Like snorting H daily, trying every RC and common drug around, filling out a checklist of trying EVERY drug EVER, stealing RX drugs, getting arrested for diverting large amounts of Ketamine and then losing my clinical license levels of wild.

I don't know a crap-tonne about the exact statistics and realities of cocaine production. What I DO know however is exactly WHY it's still used in some ENT surgery practices, most plastic surgery practices, and almost every trauma center or operating theatre in the US, to this very day.
Yes, it IS a pretty effective topical anesthetic, and most other X-cain drugs are cocaine derivatives. However, Cocaine has one big side-effect which the other topical sodium channel blockers don't (unless compounded with Epi and even then it's not as effective). Cocaine is a topical anesthetic that ALSO reduces/stops bleeding. It's powerful vasoconstrictive effects aren't really carried over into the other X-cain drugs. Also, medicinal cocaine is actually fairly cheap. It's produced as a by product of de-cocanization by Stepan co. in St.Louis. The majority of their decocanated coca leaves are used by Coca-cola to make their coca based flavoring extract. Stepan co. then sells the coca extract to Mallinckrodt (a pharm company) who uses it to produce a liquid/gel solution of 4% cocaine and thicker for surgical use. That gel is most commonly used in opthamalic surgeries, septoplasty, endoscopic sinus surgery, many rhinoplasty procedures, and some more rare neurosurgery procedures (basically some eye, many and various nose, and rarely brain operations).

As for my own opinion on recreational cocaine, like the OP asked. Eh, it's alright. I've definitely spent a good plenty of evenings snorting various quality stuff. Smoked crack a few times one evening, super fun for about 2-5 minutes each, then the comedown experience was ultra-paranoid and anxious, it reminded me of a Mark Twain quote "If I ever accidentally wandered into THIS particular stageshow again, I'd gladly pay double to be let out immediately".
Generally I'd say powder cocaine definitely worth it if anyone else is footing the bill. But rarely worth it if you actually have to pay. It usually feels like climbing a snowy mountain where you can SEE the top, the peak, the true high point, but every time you try to get that last little bit of the way up there, you wind up sliding back down before reaching it.

Meth is a lot more IN YOUR FACE and noticable, but also a really jittery, anxious, gotta do shit, get hyper focused and stuck on simple tasks, kind of high. Plus it last too long to be fun unless you enjoy insomnia and malnutrition. But, you definitely FEEL it more, like a lightswitch. (I've probably done meth between 20-50 time/days in my history, so quite a bit less than powdered coke but way more than crack)

Coke is honestly more subtle, and systemic, like alcohol or opiates/opioids (my DOC). It's not overtly pushy like amphetamines, psyches, or strong dissociatives. Coke is like a car YOU'RE driving instead of being like a bullet-train where you're just along for the ride, hold on tight. Those drugs basically take you over on THEIR particular experience. Coke by itself is also not particularly dangerous in infrequent amounts. Not unless you're a long-term habitual user, like weekly or daily. It is a bit taxing on the heart, but unless you have underlying heart problems, or a familial history of heart problems, occasional nights of coke use aren't anything that will hurt you or that you can't quickly heal from.

Now remember when I said by itself it's fairly safe? Well, that's also were it's most boring. The real beauty of coke is how it pairs with a lot of OTHER drugs, as mentioned previously. Especially alcohol, if you like to drink more than you ought to, then coke takes on a better form. Cocaethylene is more euphoric and last longer than the traditional methyl-ester version (that being traditional Cocaine). Literally you just drink while doing coke (or more commonly vice-versa). Plus, cocaethylene sort-of counter-acts the traditional depressant and sloppy effects of just liquor alone. However, it also puts significantly more stress on the heart. It raises you blood pressure a lot more and increases heart rate too. This also puts more back pressure on the heart, which isn't great to do too often, and can lead to aortic aneurysms in extremely rare instances. The safe way to try cocaethylene would be to have a beer or 2 while doing like 5-10 good lines. Buuut well, the fun is really in cutting loose with both at a party (at least IME).

Lastly, your bit about taking Adderall. So I'm diagnosed ADHD and have been on various stimulant drugs on and off since high-school (in the mid-2000s). Regular Adderall use DOES have some cross tolerances with Cocaine, mainly due to homeostatis and down-regulation at related Dopamine and Norepinephrine receptor sites. Though that's another drug coke generally pairs REALLY well with. Adderall is a monoamine releasing agent, especially for Norepinephrine and some dopamine, while cocaine is a tri-reuptake inhibitor, meaning they potentiate the hell out of each other. This is questionably safe, and if anyone else were to try it, I'd advise taking much smaller amounts of each than usual. But yeah!
However, I noticed coke was a lot less enjoyable or exciting when my body was used to regular amp usuage. Coke was the best during my couple of years (mostly) totally sober. Even then, it isn't usually worth actually paying for, unless you can find the stuff all the local coke heads praise. Even then it's only maybe worth buying a couple Gs for new years. Definitely do it whenever it's free though, and have a beer if you're feeling experimental or "wild".

Last edited:
Cocaine and Crack always got me high, I mean the potency would certainly range, I've had good stuff and had crappy stuff but I always felt high

I think to call a cokes high subtle, when used orally or snorted ain’t that wrong. It’s more subtle than many other stimulants but sure feels good. The word subtle I use here is specific as next stim I would add to that description is snorted MDPV (maybe cuz I had white stuff), but it is less subtle (not to be confused by being stronger), for sex even less so. But take meth, it’s not subtle at all even in pretty low dose and it’s in-your-face in proper dose, even eaten.

But smoking freebase coke, well that’s def in-your-face high. So smoking or doing I.V. coke will def show it’s a hard core drug, from very first second of high. While when snorting it or eating it it shows it’s, so to speak, hard-core face either with first signs of addiction and/or during serious binges.