• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

does anyone have real tips on how to get rich ???

My original hubris filled rant
Thank you. Aw shucks. I have a rule to read every reply to the OP and the OP itself, before I reply, and this is 32 pages. I will check it out in the AM. You only come in around the end to reply, right?

Yeah I agree with that too. But I'm not too big on Folgers....
Been making some pretty badass hand ground coffee in the morning.
Check ebay and amazon for a used Hario syphon filter, and give the cheapest coffee you can buy a try. That machine makes coffee superlative without fail. Have you tried one? Bonus: you get to play with denatured alcohol while in sleepfog, using your chemistry skills to transform it into an open blue flame, imagining you are Walter White and this is how you make that blue meth, two minutes elapse, and BAM some cheap coffee knocks your crew socks off.

If you are the OP, i totally forgot, and this is a flaw of mine on most forums. 777 posts at that. 777 is a special number for me. maybe i should work on this and i would have more friends?

Do you have OCD? An ex boyfriend of mine had OCD and that's exactly what he'd do, have obsessions with specific numbers.

He used to steal a specific number of napkins any time we went to McDonald's cause he felt compelled too. Again I think it was 7.

Do you have OCD? An ex boyfriend of mine had OCD and that's exactly what he'd do, have obsessions with specific numbers.

He used to steal a specific number of napkins any time we went to McDonald's cause he felt compelled too. Again I think it was 7.
I just get horny about prime and irrational numbers, and I know gals who get wet about math nerds. Easy to confuse with OCD but no kind of disorder at all. It gets rather hot!
ControlDaddy might say:
mC2H6 −→M nC2H6 −→−−ΔHm q
And make all the ladies in the classroom moan with adoration.
Nothing obsessive or compulsive about all of that! Its just hot!

Save money wherever you can. Budget. Buy everything second hand and resell it before it loses too much value. If you do this efficiently, nothing will ever cost you anything. Grow your own fruits and vegetables. Rear chickens. Make your own alcohol. Steal your neighbours wifi. Don't replace your socks or shoes until your toes are sticking out of them. Whatever you save, invest it... I started a small business about 10 years ago. Now, I could quit working and just live off the money I get from running it. But, I'd rather keep working and saving and investing.

I will retire around the age of 50 and pay someone to run the business... or maybe sell the business and just put my feet up. I'm happy not being rich. All I want is enough money for my family. I don't need a fancy car or the latest iPhone. No fucking way I'm working till I'm 65, if all I have to do is make some sacrifices.

EDIT: Another thing. Pay as little tax as possible and maximize government benefits. Most people pay too much tax. Always max out deductions that don't require receipts. As for benefits, find out if you're eligible for any subsidies or other low income payments. I don't know where you live, but in NZ a lot of people I know don't bother to look into this stuff and they lose hundreds/thousands a year. Here's an example:

If you're going to have kids as a single income family, start a business and put it in the primary carer (non working) parents name. You are eligible (in Australia and NZ) to receive roughly 14k for maternity leave. Your business doesn't need to make any money to qualify for this payment. All you have to do is try to make money.

Last edited:
Save money wherever you can. Budget. Buy everything second hand and resell it before it loses too much value. If you do this efficiently, nothing will ever cost you anything. Grow your own fruits and vegetables. Rear chickens. Make your own alcohol. Steal your neighbours wifi. Don't replace your socks or shoes until your toes are sticking out of them. Whatever you save, invest it... I started a small business about 10 years ago. Now, I could quit working and just live off the money I get from running it. But, I'd rather keep working and saving and investing.

I will retire around the age of 50 and pay someone to run the business... or maybe sell the business and just put my feet up. I'm happy not being rich. All I want is enough money for my family. I don't need a fancy car or the latest iPhone. No fucking way I'm working till I'm 65, if all I have to do is make some sacrifices.
If you can share, what is the core of your small business? Some businesses out there, offer awesome profit margins, and you really can get rich, by working hard of course and devoting yourself to that business.

For instance a lot of people, when they think about opening a business, have some cool ideas about food service. Check with your Chamber of Commerce and get some data and charts from them on the reported margins seen by similar businesses. You will see, in this instance, very thin margins for almost all restaurants. This will be a competitive business where hard work might mean you break even, with luck show a profit, and big gains will take long terms to realize.

I looked at charts at my local CoC when I was about 15 years old. I was surprised that a popular restaurant might see a profit margin of 3%, but something I had never really heard of or thought about, custom picture framing, was 10x that. A 30% profit margin meant that for every $1000 of business I did, I could gross $300. Instead of $30 with my cereal bar idea. I got into it, made some good money for a kid, got a taste for being my own boss, and I was glad I did that bit of research first.

I started out exclusively buying and selling stuff on eBay. The profit margin (like with your restaurant / cereal bar example) varies massively depending on what you try to sell. Some experiments have failed. Some stuff is mildly profitable. Some items are massively profitable (I buy them for around 10% of the sales price). But there's always an upper limit on how much you can sell of any given item. So I started expanding into importing electronics (and other shit) from South East Asia. Then I hit my upper limit on that. So I expanded again in another direction. People need to diversify more when buying/selling. Think outside the box. Try to find a niche.

I know a guy that literally made millions from picking up (and selling) hard rubbish.

If being a millionaire sounds nice and you don't mind risking life in prison, coding a DNM would be quite lucrative. Then, you exit scam before the feds catch you and take in millions. I only don't have the balls to slit my throat in thai court like the guy from alphabay did, so personally I just take consulting contracts. Learning to code is still your best bet either way

If being a millionaire sounds nice and you don't mind risking life in prison, coding a DNM would be quite lucrative. Then, you exit scam before the feds catch you and take in millions. I only don't have the balls to slit my throat in thai court like the guy from alphabay did, so personally I just take consulting contracts. Learning to code is still your best bet either way
Case closed.
09-FDFA12-907-E-460-B-9-B6-B-7-F51-F91297-F4.jpg

For now. At some point the bubble has to burst, as far as the legal side of the industry goes... anyway, learning to admintrate and architect systems at scale is easier in my opinion and just as lucrative than coding. Of course scripting is involved either way. I'm actually not much of a programmer, though this new job I already have a laptop for and am waiting on background process is highly c++ oriented, software eng side, and id be learning to write custom firmware for research devices, and dealing with embedded systems, completely out of my league, but they know that and are willing to teach me. Praying it pans out

For now. At some point the bubble has to burst, as far as the legal side of the industry goes...
Hogwash. Moore's law, for one thing. Digital printers printing other digital printers. Plus the same skills can be harnessed for the next economic wave. The pre-Rapture waves. I will be fine after all the silicon is gone. By then I will have a masters in Demonic Engineering.

Right, @relex_author?

while i agree money without purpose = addiction, i think this is a really privileged comment - sorry to be sterotypical. i just think most people learning physical trades or doing manual labor dont have the *privilege* of saying that

I work manual labor, in the trades.. I do pretty well all things considered and I’m not even in one of the money making trades like plumbing or electric.

I think people too often scoff at trades, I know plumbers that live next to CEO’s. I know one guy that all he does is install shower pans and makes over 250k a year.

You’ve gotta be bottom of the ladder or being taken advantage of by your boss to struggle in the trades.

That said you do kill your body for the money, there’s trade offs for making bank on a high school diploma.

Edit- Oh and I’m happy as hell ;)

Happiness is a state of mind. You can be struggling in life and still walk through it with a smile on your face.

-GC

i feel you, i agree with a lot of what you said. i just saw you say you are also in the tech industry, and surely making 50k at least, 100k at the most (usually, but maybe by 300k) more than your friends must appeal to your opinion somehow, i mean especially here in the usa where you can get involved without a degree

Yeah it does I'm sure, I'm lucky I was able to go to college and was interested in something that would land me a good job. But even so, in my 20s, I had this job, I made good money, but I was still unhappy, for various reasons, but one of the big ones was that the work doesn't fulfill me, even though it pays well and gives me a cushy life. When I started playing music again and being in a band and making crowds dance and have the time of their lives, my quality of life increased hugely. Even though I make very little money in the band (it all goes to gear and album production and gas and vehicle maintenance, etc).

buy low sell high etc? day trade btc?

That's essentially it yeah.
Mainly I think people have an assortment of mental blocks that prevent them from seeing what is simply right there in front of them.
When you look at those price charts they are full of wild swinging spikes. If you can harvest 1-2% consistently over time then you
will massively compound your funds. You don't have to trust anything else but your ability to choose a halfway descent buy point and
for the markets to fluctuate wildly. You will roboticize these decisions as much as possible just grabbing your 1-2% how ever many times
you can.
Heres one possibility.
Start with $500.
Make 4 trades for 2% each a week.
Thats 208 trades in a year.
If you keep to that consistently your account would have over $30,000 in a year. Before taxes of course....

It is NOT a good idea to attempt day trading if you know nothing about markets and investing.

Just buy and hold BTC if you want to make money off crypto. It's expected to reach $250-300k by the end of the year. That's 4-5x what it's worth right now.

Sure its risky.
But if you want to day trade and you haven't done it before, how and when do you start?
To be clear, this is an idea to try out with an amount of money you can afford to lose. I think it just takes some practice.
All my little calculations only used like $500 or $1000 and didn't even add new money as time went on.
I also think people should hold BTC. At this point it seems riskier not to. But these bubbles do pop periodically.
Last time that was far more devastating than any loss I took attempting to day trade back then.

I have ruined myself job wise.
11 years into a job I used to love. Honestly can't imagine a more perfect job for me.
But I have been straight punishing myself for being in debt for the last 5 years. I already work 84 hour weeks in the summer, all summer.
Its just not enough. No rest until I can't even remember what debt feels like again. I can't imagine liking work ever again....
Eh, sorry. I can be overly intense and unforgiving. Total wet blanket!

Thank you. Aw shucks. I have a rule to read every reply to the OP and the OP itself, before I reply, and this is 32 pages. I will check it out in the AM. You only come in around the end to reply, right?
Oh, sorry, I missed this.
Yeah I thought that was a link to pg. 32 where I popped in.

Sure its risky.
But if you want to day trade and you haven't done it before, how and when do you start?
To be clear, this is an idea to try out with an amount of money you can afford to lose. I think it just takes some practice.
All my little calculations only used like $500 or $1000 and didn't even add new money as time went on.
I also think people should hold BTC. At this point it seems riskier not to. But these bubbles do pop periodically.
Last time that was far more devastating than any loss I took attempting to day trade back then.

RE: holding BTC, yes, you want to get out at cycle tops, which will be sometime the end of this year

RE: day trading, I don't think the way to start is to just put money into the markets. At least learn candlestick charting, or how to use MA indicators, or some kind of technique for trend analysis.

I see what you mean.
Yes, I know how candlesticks and basic technical analysis works and that will be an inherent part of learning this.
I actually don't think that is as difficult as it comes off as being.
Many people I have listened to recommend paper trading to get started. This is probably sound advice.