• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

does anyone have real tips on how to get rich ???

I was paralyzed for almost an hour yesterday when my post count hit 500. It was unbearable. Finally I couldn't take it any longer and a veritable flurry of fastpostings landed all over bluelight. This morning I looked at them in dismay. Typos! Weak arguments. Poor detail. Not enough length! I fixed it all up though.
i might have to change my username to get the same feeling

I have always admired the idea of being perfectly happy with the non-material aspects of life.
Namely because I am not happy with my position in the trap that is the economic system....
The reality for many of us is that our life would be much better with out certain seemingly inescapable struggles.
The system traps so many beautiful minds in slavery. There is so much untapped potential out there just struggling
to get by everyday.
I'm pretty fed up with that particular struggle. I'm spread pretty thin. I would be better off if I just didn't care. But I do...
And that's where I am at with my crypto trading strategy.
This is just a personal experiment at the moment that I probably over explained in the Stocks, Options whatever forum
and acted like I just personally discovered fire.
It would only be fitting for the universe to punish my hubris.
But until that happens I am done fucking around, I am taking my profits...

If I had the wealth to fuel my own personal quest for self discovery I'd be out there traveling the world right now..

I have always admired the idea of being perfectly happy with the non-material aspects of life.
Namely because I am not happy with my position in the trap that is the economic system....
The reality for many of us is that our life would be much better with out certain seemingly inescapable struggles.
The system traps so many beautiful minds in slavery. There is so much untapped potential out there just struggling
to get by everyday.
I'm pretty fed up with that particular struggle. I'm spread pretty thin. I would be better off if I just didn't care. But I do...
And that's where I am at with my crypto trading strategy.
This is just a personal experiment at the moment that I probably over explained in the Stocks, Options whatever forum
It would only be fitting for the universe to punish my hubris.
But until that happens I am done fucking around, I am taking my profits...
sounds like poetry. makes me wish i have invested in BTC for the 1000th time :-( is it too late? its probaby too late, for the 1001th time

No.
Its not too late.
But after having been burned in the 2017 bubble burst mainly through my own stupidity I cut certain factors out of my strategy.
It does not require the price to move up vastly in the long run to make your money.
It just relies on the over all volatility of the market.
And compounding gains. They are your friend....

No.
Its not too late.
But after having been burned in the 2017 bubble burst mainly through my own stupidity I cut certain factors out of my strategy.
It does not require the price to move up vastly in the long run to make your money.
It just relies on the over all volatility of the market.
And compounding gains. T hey are your friend....
buy low sell high etc? day trade btc?

That's essentially it yeah.
Mainly I think people have an assortment of mental blocks that prevent them from seeing what is simply right there in front of them.
When you look at those price charts they are full of wild swinging spikes. If you can harvest 1-2% consistently over time then you
will massively compound your funds. You don't have to trust anything else but your ability to choose a halfway descent buy point and
for the markets to fluctuate wildly. You will roboticize these decisions as much as possible just grabbing your 1-2% how ever many times
you can.
Heres one possibility.
Start with $500.
Make 4 trades for 2% each a week.
Thats 208 trades in a year.
If you keep to that consistently your account would have over $30,000 in a year. Before taxes of course....

Wait, you too like overexplaining? That is like my thing too, man. Lemme google site:www.bluelight.org electronDegenerate. None of this is about the markets. WTH? Send me a link to your longpostings good sir.
If I had the wealth to fuel my own personal quest for self discovery I'd be out there traveling the world right now..
Bullocks. You don't need wealth, and you don't even really need disposable income. Sacrifice one thing you think less of a necessity than the other dependencies necessities on an article of faith: traveling the world is as mind-expanding and character-building as the best drug experiences are. A little more expensive than chems. Way more legal. Superior in a surprising way too. Each trip that you take LOWERS your tolerance, meaning HIGHER experiences with less side effect and shorter comedowns the more frequently you trip. IME.

OK so you decided to forgo those crucial pumpkin spice lattes that have been making that girdle around your midsection. It is one year later, and that savings account is going DING DING DING and the balance is $1100. Scour:
  • Groupon - I booked three countries in Africa, four star accommodations throughout, all transportation included for 8 days for about $140 each voyager per day, yowzers that fits your budget
  • Travelzoo - My absolute favorite travel site, Thailand was about $110 each voyager per day, China the same, India a bit cheaper
  • Travelocity
  • Kayak
  • Orbitz
  • AppleVacations
  • CostcoTravel
  • goingawesomeplaces.com
  • (You will find your own spots too. Google "vacation deals" Africa for instance)
This means you could set a very reasonable goal like I did. One new country each year, for the rest of my life. When I am down in the dumps I close my eyes and remember the blue ice caves in Iceland, or the apocalyptic terrain of Chernobyl. And lots of bikinis and beaches.

Wait, you too like overexplaining? That is like my thing too, man. Lemme google site:www.bluelight.org electronDegenerate. None of this is about the markets. WTH? Send me a link to your longpostings good sir.

Bullocks. You don't need wealth, and you don't even really need disposable income. Sacrifice one thing you think less of a necessity than the other dependencies necessities on an article of faith: traveling the world is as mind-expanding and character-building as the best drug experiences are. A little more expensive than chems. Way more legal. Superior in a surprising way too. Each trip that you take LOWERS your tolerance, meaning HIGHER experiences with less side effect and shorter comedowns the more frequently you trip. IME.

OK so you decided to forgo those crucial pumpkin spice lattes that have been making that girdle around your midsection. It is one year later, and that savings account is going DING DING DING and the balance is $1100. Scour:
  • Groupon - I booked three countries in Africa, four star accommodations throughout, all transportation included for 8 days for about $140 each voyager per day, yowzers that fits your budget
  • Travelzoo - My absolute favorite travel site, Thailand was about $110 each voyager per day, China the same, India a bit cheaper
  • Travelocity
  • Kayak
  • Orbitz
  • AppleVacations
  • CostcoTravel
  • goingawesomeplaces.com
  • (You will find your own spots too. Google "vacation deals" Africa for instance)
This means you could set a very reasonable goal like I did. One new country each year, for the rest of my life. When I am down in the dumps I close my eyes and remember the blue ice caves in Iceland, or the apocalyptic terrain of Chernobyl. And lots of bikinis and beaches.
traveling the world extensively (and ive not done it nearly as much as many) can have very serious side effects, especially when done irresponsibly, i will post about it some time but its seriously affected me. i can remember 10 or 30 or even 50 different absolutely breath taking views and moments and still suffer immensely in the moment, alone in my apartment

traveling the world extensively (and ive not done it nearly as much as many) can have very serious side effects, especially when done irresponsibly, i will post about it some time but its serious affected me
Please, if you have a handful or more, lets collect them on a blog or thread, dontyathink?

I agree with this.
I have a powerful wanderlust and these travels are inevitable.
I have prioritized paying off my debt above my own happiness in this regard.
But I have looked into some of those methods.
I would like to travel for a longer amount of time with less financial strain than my own past travels.

Please, if you have a handful or more, lets collect them on a blog or thread, dontyathink?
yeah i should have done that 5-10 years ago, might have made a blog with ad intake from it by now. we have way more going for us with this devops thing, have you not seen the billing for your clients?

I agree with this.
I have a powerful wanderlust and these travels are inevitable.
I have prioritized paying off my debt above my own happiness in this regard.
But I have looked into some of those methods.
I would like to travel for a longer amount of time with less financial strain than my own past travels.
screw that, im going to just file bankruptcy personally :p and thats mostly my (ex)wifes fault. anything she saved me in taxes ill pay in the long run (or maybe not!!!)

My original hubris filled rant

i sold my ETH mining rig years ago. and it broke on the guy on the way. real shame all around :( had six high end graphics cardsi hope he didnt waste

Yeah it can be easy to over prioritize things that are cheaper at home when you travel.

For example, binge drinking. Don't waste your traveling abroad time getting shitfaced each day. Do that at home like a poor person (I mean in experiences, duh).

Luxuries can be extremely cheap abroad, especially in terms of lodgings. I honeymooned in the same suite in Botswana that Liz Taylor did for ~$140/night. Infinity pool, private outdoor dining room, daily massages and fresh fruit every morning, a decent complimentary bottle of Champagne every night.

Massage. This is an inversion of the rule. In some places you will go the massages are cheaper than slavery. In Thailand I got an amazing massage in the morning, one hour, and one before bed, also an hour, for about $10 each day. Every day. It seemed like a waste not to.

Oi vey. My former travel companion, would fill my empty checked bag with toiletries, Goodwill clothing, kids toys and games, sporting goods, cheap Chinese goods like $10 tool sets and transistor radios, or $5 sneakers. Thus we would board our outbound flight from the US to some poor country far afield. On the inbound flight from whatever exotic place, that same bag would be overflowing with souvenirs and artisan handiworks and all kinds of things to make our house seem more cultured and woke than yours. We usually budgeted no money at all for these unique and cherished riches, usually trading with our mass produced junk at native markets, or having treasures pushed on us donating them to orphanages or schoolhouses or community centers. I liked to take that free bottle of bubbly from the hotel each day and put it up for bids in the markets for big ticket items, like wooden masks or handmade swords or woven rugs, etc. The vendors would argue with each other which was all in fun, and the guy who got the booze in the end always seemed to glow a little (might have been the drugs). Most trips I would end up gifting my $25 dollar travel watch (Indiglo by Timex always satisfies) to someone who made the trip special for me, a native tour guide, the Masai villager who taught me how to make fire with sticks, the guy that gave me a bag of peanuts and showed me how to get wild monkeys to do backflips. Warms my heart a bit, then I remember at some point that watch has a battery that will die, and I hope he knows amazon.com, and I find gratitude for my privilege.

m it by now. we have way more going for us with this devops thing, have you not seen the billing for your clients?
I mean, I have ridiculous anger sometimes. I only get $100 an hour, but you bill me at $240! I get homicidal about this, and forget that I can pay all my bills, save for retirement, my nephew's dorm at college, and still afford a gram a day meth habit*.

* I said I could afford it, not that I could sustain it given other resources it demands

Yeah I agree with that too. But I'm not too big on Folgers....
Been making some pretty badass hand ground coffee in the morning.