• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids does anyone else think opiates have other health benefits besides just pain relief

I've been using Cocodamol 30/500 after breaking my back in a crash with a car driver (well stared off on morphine in hospital, the oxcodone for a month and now Cocoedmol for past 2 months) occasionally cwe.

Apart from the pain relief I find it euphoric and anti anxiety. Also helped me begin moving again after the back brace was removed and I had lost all core strength.

I'm surely addicted now even though I take 60mg max daily and have tapered from 180mg to curent dose. Will continue tapering and plan to drop off in a couple of months.

I expect wd symptoms though hope these will be mild. I have gone through wd from H a few years back but don't expect the same intensity.

I suppose if I hadn't broken my back I wouldn't have touched any opioids again

I've been using Cocodamol 30/500 after breaking my back in a crash with a car driver (well stared off on morphine in hospital, the oxcodone for a month and now Cocoedmol for past 2 months) occasionally cwe.

Apart from the pain relief I find it euphoric and anti anxiety. Also helped me begin moving again after the back brace was removed and I had lost all core strength.

I'm surely addicted now even though I take 60mg max daily and have tapered from 180mg to curent dose. Will continue tapering and plan to drop off in a couple of months.

I expect wd symptoms though hope these will be mild. I have gone through wd from H a few years back but don't expect the same intensity.

I suppose if I hadn't broken my back I wouldn't have touched any opioids again
From 60 mg codeine daily you could barely feel any withdrawl.A couple of years was on 150mg daily.Withdrawl was so weak,that even can felt like some very mild discomfort.Thats is equivalent of around 15mg morphine oral.Personally felt slight withdrawl from around 30mg morphine orally-little insomnia,little yawning,pain sensitivity,.....easy.Near to 50mg morph.oral daily over couple of months things start to change and close to 100 is really hard..but that's me.Have no idea how things are going with the others.

From 60 mg codeine daily you could barely feel any withdrawl.A couple of years was on 150mg daily.Withdrawl was so weak,that even can felt like some very mild discomfort.Thats is equivalent of around 15mg morphine oral.Personally felt slight withdrawl from around 30mg morphine orally-little insomnia,little yawning,pain sensitivity,.....easy.Near to 50mg morph.oral daily over couple of months things start to change and close to 100 is really hard..but that's me.Have no idea how things are going with the others.
Well thanks Nas47. Quite reassuring.
I suppose my concern is due to my earlier experience with H and Oxy (outlined here).
I have been quite concerned following my crash and being on Opiates again so have continually strived to limit my intake.
I even have about 10 full untouched (almost:) blister packs of of 10mg Oxycodone in my drawer which, while tempting, symbolises my ability to keep off them.

I think opiates are like weed with multiple uses instead of just pain management. For me opiates feel really therapeutic and take a ton of stress off my shoulders and it just feels really tranquil and uplifting. I see how it helps for pain but I think there's a mental aspect to where it's just really clear headed and relaxed and I can enjoy things more. I don't like the whole concept of "opiates are only good for a broken leg". I have ptsd and if I use opiates with some weed I feel a ton of relief and I can just rest my head down at night whereas weed alone might just give me more anxiety and make me feel worse.

A lot of plant medicines have multiple uses but it seems like with opiates we just automatically demonize them and say its for cancer patients and broken bones only. I think part of the reason is we started synthesizing them to make way them more powerful which I think was the downfall. I mean not using them every single day obviously but just a once in awhile thing but I feel like everyone is going to have a horror story and tell me I'm wrong lol.
My regular doctor didn’t like it when I told him I had to take an oxycodone cause I was stressed 🤣, he quickly corrected me and told me that’s why he gave me a Valium script and not to do it again.Pain meds are for pain , that’s it.

Yes, opium is a bona fide plant medicine with more than just pain relieving capabilities. However, it is probably the most addictive plant, even its natural form. However, I do agree with you that the creation of synthetic opiates or extracted morphine has made opiates far more addictive and deadly.

If people smoked opium instead of taking heroin or pharmies, fatal overdoses would be rare events.
Still physical withdrawal though

Opiates totally fucked me. I no longer have any ability to feel pleasure. I also can't maintain motivation long enough to even take a shit. Which I can't shit anyways because all the opiates turned my colon into a spastic chaotic nervous wreck. So yeah....there's that.

Opiates totally fucked me. I no longer have any ability to feel pleasure. I also can't maintain motivation long enough to even take a shit. Which I can't shit anyways because all the opiates turned my colon into a spastic chaotic nervous wreck. So yeah....there's that.
Are you still on them? If so, I find a combination of probiotics, extra fruit, magnesium, and stool softeners(NOT laxatives) really helps

Are you still on them? If so, I find a combination of probiotics, extra fruit, magnesium, and stool softeners(NOT laxatives) really helps
Yes I'll probably take Suboxone for the rest of my life. I tried complete abstinence but just could never maintain. I grew up on them so my body literally doesn't know any different. I had over 35 surgeries before I was 19. But back then there wasn't much warning about addiction. I swear I can remember a pharmacy rep in the doctor's office trying to tell us that oxycontin wasn't addictive because it was so time released. I just get upset sometimes because I wish I had realized what I was doing to myself. It's like someone put heroin in my mashed taters the whole time I was growing up but never told me. But it is what it is.

Yeah that's good advice and does help. I take all of that. Plus fish oil, n-acetyl l-tyrosine, a multi vit b complex and a bdnf supplement. I am trying to repair and replenish what I can so that hopefully I can stop taking anything. But now I have an auto immune disease called MCTD...mixed connective tissue disease...that causes a lot of pain. For years they were trying to criminalize me for trying to get opiates but now they wanna throw them at me. My doctor wants me to go to a pain clinic. But I could never take narcotics again. I know how I am. So I'd rather deal with the pain and just stay on Suboxone

Quadriplegics used to eat a lot of Leretine in the 1990s,. for spasms, esp legs. at least the one quadriplegic I knew best. He said Cannabis worked just as well.

Yes I'll probably take Suboxone for the rest of my life. I tried complete abstinence but just could never maintain. I grew up on them so my body literally doesn't know any different. I had over 35 surgeries before I was 19. But back then there wasn't much warning about addiction. I swear I can remember a pharmacy rep in the doctor's office trying to tell us that oxycontin wasn't addictive because it was so time released. I just get upset sometimes because I wish I had realized what I was doing to myself. It's like someone put heroin in my mashed taters the whole time I was growing up but never told me. But it is what it is.

Yeah that's good advice and does help. I take all of that. Plus fish oil, n-acetyl l-tyrosine, a multi vit b complex and a bdnf supplement. I am trying to repair and replenish what I can so that hopefully I can stop taking anything. But now I have an auto immune disease called MCTD...mixed connective tissue disease...that causes a lot of pain. For years they were trying to criminalize me for trying to get opiates but now they wanna throw them at me. My doctor wants me to go to a pain clinic. But I could never take narcotics again. I know how I am. So I'd rather deal with the pain and just stay on Suboxone
Do you feel pleasure while your taking the suboxone atleast?

I’m really sorry you have to go through all that